Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,816 members, 7,820,881 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:30 AM

Iheanacho Overtakes Mikel As Eagles Highest Earner - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Iheanacho Overtakes Mikel As Eagles Highest Earner (44905 Views)

“Don’t use Mikel as Nos 10 if you want to qualify -Mourinho warns Rohr. / Dalung Unaware Of Gernot Rohr's Appointment As Eagles Coach / Ighalo Is Watford's Third Highest Earner With £30,000 Per Week Salary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Iheanacho Overtakes Mikel As Eagles Highest Earner by daveP(m): 1:51pm On Aug 31, 2016
Life would continue to evolve around Book versus Talent.

Those walking dead lecturers aren't helping either.

who said talent is never enough, that syllogism is looking weak and I can't but think that Talent is Enough.

Not on first page, so I can't do the click for agree or share for disagree....

3 Likes

Re: Iheanacho Overtakes Mikel As Eagles Highest Earner by jaafree: 1:57pm On Aug 31, 2016
85.000 pounds, roughly let's say N15m or above every week shocked , chai football dey pay o let me quickly find shoe maker mak him do my boot wey open like crocodile mouth nah straight to field grin grin

1 Like

Re: Iheanacho Overtakes Mikel As Eagles Highest Earner by Deepfreezer(m): 2:06pm On Aug 31, 2016
haibe:
Amazing . Let me be nice enough to convert using #450/£ as the exchange rate. So basically this guy earns a grosss income of 38.25million naira shocked per week?

In a year, he would earn #38.25m × 52 weeks = #1.989 billion shocked approximately 2 billion naira in a year .. jesu shocked

Oya let me remove tax:

£31865 @ 20% = 6373
£150000 - £31865 @ 40% = 47254
£4420000 - £150000 @ 45% = 1921500

Total annual tax liability = £1975127

Net income = (£85000 × 52) - £1975127 = £ 2444873

In naira net income: £2444873 × 450 = #1.1 billion in a year shocked even without giving £10000 personal allowance for taxes.

And me i am here accounting for peoples money for less than 500 pounds in a month angry ... this life is truly not fair embarassed cry see what a small boy is earning sad
Eiyaaaah Mr accountant worry not. Work harder and God will crown ur effort soon.

1 Like

Re: Iheanacho Overtakes Mikel As Eagles Highest Earner by princeonx: 2:09pm On Aug 31, 2016
NameChecker:
Mikel is now a citizen of the UK (After residing for 10 years) and will pay lesser
than Iheanacho who is a foreigner. 50% tax will be deducted from that 85,0000.

Mikel is still the boss

Where did you get the above nonsense from? 50% tax? Why they no kukuk take 90%
Re: Iheanacho Overtakes Mikel As Eagles Highest Earner by Davido360(m): 2:16pm On Aug 31, 2016
Legends Of Soccer. Up Barca 4 Life.

Re: Iheanacho Overtakes Mikel As Eagles Highest Earner by greggng: 2:22pm On Aug 31, 2016
Make una go sidon jare. I use to earn more than that in my dream.

1 Like

Re: Iheanacho Overtakes Mikel As Eagles Highest Earner by jerryfisher(m): 2:23pm On Aug 31, 2016
SunFlow:
MANCHESTER City wonderkid Kelechi Iheanacho is now the top Nigeria earner in the Premier League on £85,000-a-week to knock off Chelsea star Mikel Obi.

This month, Iheanacho signed a new two-year contract extension at City till 2021, saying his new contract will “change the lives of his family”. Mikel, who moved to England 10 years ago, has been the biggest earner from Nigeria for many years and he is now on 70,000 pounds a week at Stamford Bridge.

The midfielder’s compatriot at ‘The Blues’, Victor Moses bagged a 50,000 pounds-a-week when he joined Chelsea from Wigan Athletic in 2012. Watford striker Odion Ighalo is believed to have improved on his 25,000 pounds-a-week after he recently signed a contract extension.

Defender Kenneth Omeruo is on 15,000 pounds every week even though he has yet to play an official match for Chelsea. It was further gathered that Iheanacho’s new handlers negotiated this bumper deal even though they are still locked in an ownership tussle with the player’s previous representatives, who are based in the United States of America.

Iheanacho’s former agents had proposed a new contract of 50,000 pounds-a-week for the 19-year-old forward. He earned less than 18,000 pounds-a-week when he first joined Manchester City.

source: http://xtrimlaughs.com/2016/08/iheanacho-overtakes-mikel-eagles-highest-earner/#more-184
nna menn

2 Likes

Re: Iheanacho Overtakes Mikel As Eagles Highest Earner by Nobody: 2:24pm On Aug 31, 2016
Ridiculous article. LOL....How will a 19 year old youngster like Iheanacho be earning 85k pounds at City. LOL...I believe his weekly wage is 20k pounds. Nairaland mods just dump useless articles to front page. Seun take note please
Re: Iheanacho Overtakes Mikel As Eagles Highest Earner by ICAMETOWIN(m): 2:37pm On Aug 31, 2016
daveP:
Life would continue to evolve around Book versus Talent.

Those walking dead lecturers aren't helping either.

who said talent is never enough, that syllogism is looking weak and I can't but think that Talent is Enough.

Not on first page, so I can't do the click for agree or share for disagree....
Talent can only take one so far bro.you need other things to support talent.
Re: Iheanacho Overtakes Mikel As Eagles Highest Earner by Nobody: 2:44pm On Aug 31, 2016
endtimeshit:
And I'm still here reading physics, hoping to get 200k per month job when I graduate! Life dey do ojoro sha

Lol! Except you're reading physics just for the sake of earning 200k upon graduation.
You could be the next big thing in Science bro. #NoBeOnlyFootballMoneyDey

2 Likes

Re: Iheanacho Overtakes Mikel As Eagles Highest Earner by NameChecker: 2:45pm On Aug 31, 2016
princeonx:

Where did you get the above[b] nonsense[/b] from? 50% tax? Why they no kukuk take 90%

Retardihno
Learn to make confirmation before you criticize.
The fact that you are yet to reach the airport doesn't stop you
from knowing what is happening oversea.

Google is your friend

1 Like

Re: Iheanacho Overtakes Mikel As Eagles Highest Earner by daveP(m): 2:55pm On Aug 31, 2016
ICAMETOWIN:
Talent can only take one so far bro.you need other things to support talent.
Talent is the one doing the support. Talent breeds creativity, and our world is just receptive always. so creative to answer more receptive. the stats so far looks discouraging when you look at it and one wonders why, but I believe it's a pointer that book is fast losing it. Use Talent and book will chase you. Ask Dangote!!! it's the pitiable truth

1 Like

Re: Iheanacho Overtakes Mikel As Eagles Highest Earner by saipn: 2:58pm On Aug 31, 2016
IrradiatoR:

No graduate can earn that in Nigeria,

Even though it is said that we do go to school to acquire knowledge, we can't run away from the fact that Majority of us, i.e 99.99%, actually did go to school that we may get a good paying job.
With the quoted amount above, one will be forced to ask "what is the stress about going to school"?

If we argue that we all can't play football, then what percentage of fresh graduates in Nigeria earn more than #200,000 monthly?
you are funny,u are talking about graduate in Nigerian? if not because of corruption our leaders can't earn such amount per month and vice Chancellor of a university can't earn such even oil and gas workers n foreign countries can't earn such amount

2 Likes

Re: Iheanacho Overtakes Mikel As Eagles Highest Earner by Cue(m): 3:07pm On Aug 31, 2016
Elxandre:
Lol...
Hardly believable, but Nigerians will believe everything.

Which 20 year old is on £85,000 in Europe?

Especially not a starter!
Man Mi, Raheem Sterling though English, is on 150 thousand plus...how many goals did he contribute last season? Iheanacho scored 14 in 35 appearances, 25 of which are from the bench. Its all about contribution. How many 20 year olds are contributing this much to their clubs? Mind U, city negotiated down from 150k, DAT was was his agents started asking from o...Its all about making him happy, else another club will snatch him from U. Do u kno what it means to score 14 goals in the EPL mostly from the bench?!

4 Likes

Re: Iheanacho Overtakes Mikel As Eagles Highest Earner by Nobody: 3:10pm On Aug 31, 2016
Life's Lesson grin

DONT ENVY ANYONE WHO'S MADE IT BECAUSE
NOONE CAN STOP YOU FROM MAKING IT BETTER EXCEPT YOURSELF AND GOD. KEEP PUSHING AND KEEP BELIEVING AND THOSE LIVING IN BANANA ISLAND OF TODAY MOCKING YOU, WILL SEE YOU IN PLANTAIN ISLAND OF TOMORROW AND ENVY YOU. GOD DEY.

1 Like

Re: Iheanacho Overtakes Mikel As Eagles Highest Earner by jokerphilics(m): 3:11pm On Aug 31, 2016
[quote author=hazyfm1 post=48951183]
With all DAT money Hw we never hear say dem do any project for ya Syd.
U dn ever collect one shishi from dem before. Oga biko all man for himself.
Re: Iheanacho Overtakes Mikel As Eagles Highest Earner by justplainpaul(m): 3:15pm On Aug 31, 2016
endtimeshit:
And I'm still here reading physics, hoping to get 200k per month job when I graduate! Life dey do ojoro sha
lol, na d same physics me too I dey read.

1 Like

Re: Iheanacho Overtakes Mikel As Eagles Highest Earner by Chimezirim121: 3:20pm On Aug 31, 2016
Good news

1 Like

Re: Iheanacho Overtakes Mikel As Eagles Highest Earner by jokerphilics(m): 3:26pm On Aug 31, 2016
greggng:
Make una go sidon jare. I use to earn more than that in my dream.
E mean say d probability of u getting rich for real life low. Na joke ooo.
Lolx
Re: Iheanacho Overtakes Mikel As Eagles Highest Earner by princeonx: 3:52pm On Aug 31, 2016
NameChecker:

Retardihno
Learn to make confirmation before you criticize.
The fact that you are yet to reach the airport doesn't stop you
from knowing what is happening oversea.

Google is your friend
It's too early to trade insults so I will not go that low with you. Also, I don't need Google to tell me that the 50% taxes your stated is bulls.h.it!! Finally and sorry to disappoint you, I don't live in Nigeria, I live in US tongue so I know what taxes are mmelinsi!
Re: Iheanacho Overtakes Mikel As Eagles Highest Earner by NameChecker: 3:56pm On Aug 31, 2016
princeonx:
Finally and sorry to disappoint you, I don't live in Nigeria, I live in US tongue so I know what taxes are mmelinsi!

I also live in the White House
Re: Iheanacho Overtakes Mikel As Eagles Highest Earner by theimmortals(m): 3:57pm On Aug 31, 2016
NameChecker:
Mikel is now a citizen of the UK (After residing for 10 years) and will pay lesser
than Iheanacho who is a foreigner. 50% tax will be deducted from that 85,0000.

Mikel is still the boss

Just wait till Iheanacho impregnate one oyibo there

Infact him wife go born quadruple then he go even become

Senior citizen
Re: Iheanacho Overtakes Mikel As Eagles Highest Earner by NameChecker: 4:01pm On Aug 31, 2016
theimmortals:

Just wait till Iheanacho impregnate one oyibo there

Infact him wife go born quadruple then he go even become

Senior citizen

He can't be richer than Mikel
The guy is a Russian by marriage
And British by Nationalization

Mikel has 3 Green Card and is entitled to the benefits of all the countries
(except Nigeria that has nothing to offer)
grin
Re: Iheanacho Overtakes Mikel As Eagles Highest Earner by Nobody: 4:19pm On Aug 31, 2016
mekonglobal:
Igbo boy carry go jare meanwhile some people are now claiming him as a nigerian but if it were to be a drug related news, they will tag him ipod...Smh..
that's normal, everyone wants to associate themselves with success but failure is an enemy to everyone

1 Like

Re: Iheanacho Overtakes Mikel As Eagles Highest Earner by sirbrutus91: 4:20pm On Aug 31, 2016
Mikel Obi has been on 120 thousand pounds a week. Check well

1 Like

Re: Iheanacho Overtakes Mikel As Eagles Highest Earner by princeonx: 4:22pm On Aug 31, 2016
NameChecker:

He can't be richer than Mikel
The guy is a Russian by marriage
And British by Nationalization

Mikel has 3 Green Card and is entitled to the benefits of all the countries
(except Nigeria that has nothing to offer)
grin
Can you just stop saying rubish oga!!
How can he be a British citizen and still have 3 (quoting you) green card?
FYI only America offers green card. Other countries offer residency/resident permit. Your so called Google is not teaching you anything!!
Re: Iheanacho Overtakes Mikel As Eagles Highest Earner by NameChecker: 4:38pm On Aug 31, 2016
princeonx:

Can you just stop saying rubish oga!!
How can he be a British citizen and still have 3 (quoting you) green card?

Mikel is a Nigeria
He is a British Citizen (By Nationalization)
He married a Russian lady

What does that implies?
Re: Iheanacho Overtakes Mikel As Eagles Highest Earner by Kaira333: 4:53pm On Aug 31, 2016
haibe:
Amazing . Let me be nice enough to convert using #450/£ as the exchange rate. So basically this guy earns a grosss income of 38.25million naira shocked per week?

In a year, he would earn #38.25m × 52 weeks = #1.989 billion shocked approximately 2 billion naira in a year .. jesu shocked

Oya let me remove tax:

£31865 @ 20% = 6373
£150000 - £31865 @ 40% = 47254
£4420000 - £150000 @ 45% = 1921500

Total annual tax liability = £1975127

Net income = (£85000 × 52) - £1975127 = £ 2444873

In naira net income: £2444873 × 450 = #1.1 billion in a year shocked even without giving £10000 personal allowance for taxes.

And me i am here accounting for peoples money for less than 500 pounds in a month angry ... this life is truly not fair embarassed cry see what a small boy is earning sad
Bros e pain u?

No vex dear God knows d best. He 4 don't suffer more than u b4 getting to dat stage
Re: Iheanacho Overtakes Mikel As Eagles Highest Earner by theimmortals(m): 5:15pm On Aug 31, 2016
NameChecker:

He can't be richer than Mikel The guy is a Russian by marriage And British by Nationalization
Mikel has 3 Green Card and is entitled to the benefits of all the countries (except Nigeria that has nothing to offer)
grin

You WIN
Re: Iheanacho Overtakes Mikel As Eagles Highest Earner by Sundayvictor0(m): 5:20pm On Aug 31, 2016
Just imagine embarassed..when God say u are going to port u won't understand until when it happens then u will open mouth and say "na only me waka come"
Re: Iheanacho Overtakes Mikel As Eagles Highest Earner by Forzap: 5:34pm On Aug 31, 2016
Elxandre:
Lol...
Hardly believable, but Nigerians will believe everything.

Which 20 year old is on £85,000 in Europe?

Especially not a starter!

See dis wan,u tink dis is arsenal?players lyk bony,nasri sat on d bench nd earn abv 100k,so wat are u sayin?his age?google luke shaw!!

1 Like

Re: Iheanacho Overtakes Mikel As Eagles Highest Earner by vickylala239: 5:44pm On Aug 31, 2016
hazyfm1:
shocked Really? over N175M/ Month before Tax

Mikel's Mgr needs to improve his negotiation skills

Hmmmmm.... what is mikel? do you mean milky? As in the milky milk....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Birmingham 2022: Olarinoye Wins Nigeria's First Gold, Makes History / Sir Alex Ferguson Accused Of Fixing Man Utd Vs Juventus UCL Game For A Rolex / AFCON: Angry Egyptians Beg Super Eagles To Beat South Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.