Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,739 members, 7,817,035 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:09 AM

Can Someone Blog On Entertainment Without Copying And Pasting??? - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Can Someone Blog On Entertainment Without Copying And Pasting??? (6146 Views)

Six Best Ways To Monetize A Blog Without Pasting Ads / Pls Help-how Do I Stop Bloggers From Copying My Post / What Are The Implications Of Copying Post And Pasting On Ones Blog (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Someone Blog On Entertainment Without Copying And Pasting??? by Annalise(f): 8:54am On Sep 01, 2016
You can. But your blog will just be mediocre. And to be honest, it won't stand the test of time. The average Nigerian is much more exposed and know how to navigate their way around these obvious places you copy from. What will draw traffic to your site? You will have to use click bait links and Nigerians are fast outgrowing that. Another thing that can draw traffic is the comments. But it will be difficult to get intelligible comments when you copy paste.

Linda Ikeji is a copy paster but she started very early and that was how she was able to get a large share of visitor traffic. When she started blogging, many Nigerians were not visiting websites she copied from like dailymail, mediatakeout, etc. In addition to that, she was a model and has very close friends in the Entertainment industry. If you want to be a guru and establish financial security for you and generations after you, you have to be ingenious by reporting on exclusives like Stella Dimoko and LoveBScott. This can only be done if you go out and mingle where celebrities are. You can start by being friends with their friends, make up artists and publicists etc.
Most recent naija bloggers are just in it for adsense. Quote me anywhere, in 3 years, you will be back to ground zero if you don't reinvent yourselves.
Re: Can Someone Blog On Entertainment Without Copying And Pasting??? by Revolva(m): 8:55am On Sep 01, 2016
if u cant do copy past oya de there na...form ur media outfit like Pulseng..n see if your power go reach....do the ones u can copy n paste n ammend n move on..to a greter level
Re: Can Someone Blog On Entertainment Without Copying And Pasting??? by adeoba2008(m): 8:59am On Sep 01, 2016
That's why I will never subscribed to some of this entertainment blog. I write on Ebusiness and Project management. I don't see myself running out of articles anytime soon....
Re: Can Someone Blog On Entertainment Without Copying And Pasting??? by Toluwani113: 9:23am On Sep 01, 2016
robot1:

As a blogger you should have a mentor someone you like. learn from what he or she is doing. and also have a lot of information about your niche. Get to know how to source for information from places like Facebook, Twitter and from big entertainment site like TMZ, daily mail.co.UK, and bigger Nigerian celebrity blogs like bellanaija.com and some others. When you see any info worth publishing, you make a research about the person, take a few info add it to the topic you are writing. Then modify it in you own words. that is blogging.

Hi, please which ATM can I use to buy a domain name from Nigerian domain registrars. I tried using my GTB MasterCard but keeps failing.
Thanks
Re: Can Someone Blog On Entertainment Without Copying And Pasting??? by Toluwani113: 9:24am On Sep 01, 2016
robot1:

As a new blogger, if money is ur sole aim of blogging trust you will fail. You should first focus on getting about 500 - 1000 pageviews before thinking of monetizing your blog. When ur traffic is OK and steady that's when your make money. Forget about people how say Entertainment blog pay less. 1st get traffic than post more. you will see the money coming.
Hi, please which ATM can I use to buy a domain name from Nigerian domain registrars. I tried using my GTB MasterCard but keeps failing.
Thanks
Re: Can Someone Blog On Entertainment Without Copying And Pasting??? by Toluwani113: 9:25am On Sep 01, 2016
winkmart:
Yes, check www.sobolation.com

All their contents are written afresh. Although what most blogs do is to get ideas from other blogs and their create their own unique contents from those ideas. Pulse do it and even Punch, they all copy from one another, but they totally Re write the stories.

If you need a unique writer, you can Holla at me sha.
Thanks
Re: Can Someone Blog On Entertainment Without Copying And Pasting??? by Toluwani113: 9:25am On Sep 01, 2016
Gidimasters2:
Yes, you can.... Thats what the likes of naij, pulse.ng do but be prepared to invest....

Even if you decide to blog on news around your location, you still need to do more serious work

Meanwhile, check Mistakes New Bloggers Make

And

6 Reasons Why You May Never Make a dime Blogging
Thanks
Re: Can Someone Blog On Entertainment Without Copying And Pasting??? by Toluwani113: 9:26am On Sep 01, 2016
femi3636:
Well, the reason most entertainment bloggers copy is no reason other than laziness. More than half the people who venture into blogging In Nigeria do so based on what they've heard that it's lucrative.

One thing one needs to know about blogging is that only passion can keep you going and not your love for the reward.

Back to the topic, for anyone starting with blogging, the basic thing when trying to lift a story is to read to understand the story from the source, then rewriting it based on your understanding. You may not get it the first, second or third time, but once you continue with it, you will become an expert in re-writing stories.

You can also try to read up articles on how to become a better writer, because being able to write in your own language will go a long way in helping.
Thanks
Re: Can Someone Blog On Entertainment Without Copying And Pasting??? by Toluwani113: 9:27am On Sep 01, 2016
afroLAD:
Write your story the way you'll tell it to your friends.

Nigerians are actually getting fed up with "copying and pasting" blogs.

Master the art of story telling - see what we did here --> http://afrolad.com/photo-know-girls-like-tell-stay-away-jim-iyke/
Thanks
Re: Can Someone Blog On Entertainment Without Copying And Pasting??? by Toluwani113: 9:27am On Sep 01, 2016
Annalise:
You can. But your blog will just be mediocre. And to be honest, it won't stand the test of time. The average Nigerian is much more exposed and know how to navigate their way around these obvious places you copy from. What will draw traffic to your site? You will have to use click bait links and Nigerians are fast outgrowing that. Another thing that can draw traffic is the comments. But it will be difficult to get intelligible comments when you copy paste.

Linda Ikeji is a copy paster but she started very early and that was how she was able to get a large share of visitor traffic. When she started blogging, many Nigerians were not visiting websites she copied from like dailymail, mediatakeout, etc. In addition to that, she was a model and has very close friends in the Entertainment industry. If you want to be a guru and establish financial security for you and generations after you, you have to be ingenious by reporting on exclusives like Stella Dimoko and LoveBScott. This can only be done if you go out and mingle where celebrities are. You can start by being friends with their friends, make up artists and publicists etc.
Most recent naija bloggers are just in it for adsense. Quote me anywhere, in 3 years, you will be back to ground zero if you don't reinvent yourselves.

Thanks
Re: Can Someone Blog On Entertainment Without Copying And Pasting??? by Toluwani113: 9:29am On Sep 01, 2016
Ignyte:
YES YOU CAN
Here's how;

Remember that your blog talks about entertainment (entertainers and their craft). Entertainers are the easiest people to get through to, because they need bloggers a lot more than bloggers know

Here are tips to getting original entertainment content:
1. READ OTHER ENTERTAINMENT BLOGS;
Let's say you are reading 360nobs and you see a story on Dija getting a divorce, now as you already know everybody will have this same story. To be original you need something nobody has wriiten... To get that simply ask Dija or Rabbi(Her manager)

2. HAVE A STRONG ONLINE PRESENCE:
You might be wondering how to get to the individuals or as in my instance Dija. All you need is a strong online presence and by this I mean HAVE A GREAT TWITTER ACCOUNT. Everybody on twitter follows you for tweets and the reasonability of your bio. Write a great bio and almost all celebs will follow you. If they don't they all have their manager's numbers in their bios, just lift it and call. ask your question, get a reply and write a great post nobody else has written.

3. ALWAYS TALK ABOUT YOUR ACHIEVEMENTS SO THAT OTHERS MAY FIND REASON To FOLLOW YOU
I remember when I was still blogging and a Kenyan rapper Mwafreeka came for Ice Prince, bloggers had a field day and people like me who saw it late were left in the dust. But the next morning before any other blogger I had screenshots of his apology and I got more celeb follow backs.

4. OP just do your thing and love twitter you'll get there.
Thanks
Re: Can Someone Blog On Entertainment Without Copying And Pasting??? by Toluwani113: 9:29am On Sep 01, 2016
Annalise:

Thanks
Re: Can Someone Blog On Entertainment Without Copying And Pasting??? by hostkobo(m): 9:32am On Sep 01, 2016
KvnqPrezo:
Can I blog on entertainment without doing copy and paste...??
If Yes How?
I don't think it's possible....

Yes you can.

How?

ps: I am talking entirely from experience.

1) Go out and mingle.
- why should you be sitting in front of a laptop copy-pasting when there are events to attend? Yes, there are events to attend and there are many of them for free, and a couple of celebs sometimes show up at those events. There are celebs you can meet in your state. Not all of them are in Lagos. There are persons of note in the country and getting close to such people / environments will help your blogging. You can go to radio stations and meet people. You can go to malls and spot some. You can attend popular religious houses and blog about events, programs, etc, first hand, rather than hear say. There are always journalists lounging around RCCG, Deeper Life, Christ Embassy, etc on their special program days. So why cant you do the same.

Your blog becomes more credible when you can confidently declare: "I was there"...... and when you have proofs to show the world. It is an investment, and deciding to make it helps you in the long run.

Therefore, you can take your own pictures with your own camera, and watermark it with your own logo, write your own reviews / stories and meet people. The more you go out, the more people you meet and the more leads / sources of entertainment gossip you'll have. When you get into the entertainment circle, you wont find entertainment blogging hard at all. It is better if you are copied that for you to be copied. It is very easy to find out online who copied who.

2) Research.
- assuming you are writing on a particular topic, do proper research. Read hard-copy newspapers, read softcopy. Read offline, read online. Read entertainment magazines. Build your own story with the pieces and bits. For example, rather than just post pictures about a celebrity who visited Dubai and posted his/her pictures, you can write a review of the last 5-international trips the celebrity had and what they did there, etc; you can write about the last 10-celebrities who visited Dubai and share their pictures; you can compare and contrast, add a little salt and pepper.

If your content is original, you would be able to enter the circles of the celebrity management personnel, send them emails for updates etc. There are invite only whatsapp groups, email groups, etc for celebrity news, and you can only get in if you are known to be an authentic blogger not just a copy paster.

Note: Celebrities also like people who write about them, and they do well in keeping a handful of such peeps around them. That is why it is also easy for them to dismiss pieces of news that come out from their unknown sources.

There is always a piece of the juicy news that the people you are copying from missed and if you could get that, the better. If you want to write about sports, go to where the athletes are. If you want to write about prisoners, go to the nearest prison to you, you will find news items there. The same applies to entertainment, and every niche.

regards,
HK

2 Likes

Re: Can Someone Blog On Entertainment Without Copying And Pasting??? by Nobody: 9:33am On Sep 01, 2016
Toluwani113:

Thanks
Huh You can try fcmb, ecobank, diamond bank.....

Well, I don't know why the gtbank card didn't work
Re: Can Someone Blog On Entertainment Without Copying And Pasting??? by Nobody: 9:40am On Sep 01, 2016
hostkobo:

Yes you can.

How?

1) Go out and mingle.
- why should you be sitting in front of a laptop copy-pasting when there are events to attend? Yes, there are events to attend and there are many of them for free, and a couple of celebs sometimes show up at those events. There are celebs you can meet in your state. Not all of them are in Lagos. There are persons of note in the country and getting close to such people / environments will help your blogging. You can go to radio stations and meet people. You can go to malls and spot some. You can attend popular religious houses and blog about events, programs, etc, first hand, rather than hear say. There are always journalists lounging around RCCG, Deeper Life, Christ Embassy, etc on their special program days. So why cant you do the same.

Your blog becomes more credible when you can confidently declare: "I was there"...... and when you have proofs to show the world. It is an investment, and deciding to make it helps you in the long run.

Therefore, you can take your own pictures with your own camera, and watermark it with your own logo, write your own reviews / stories and meet people. The more you go out, the more people you meet and the more leads / sources of entertainment gossip you'll have. When you get into the entertainment circle, you wont find entertainment blogging hard at all. It is better if you are copied that for you to be copied. It is very easy to find out online who copied who.

2) Research.
- assuming you are writing on a particular topic, do proper research. Read hard-copy newspapers, read softcopy. Read offline, read online. Read entertainment magazines. Build your own story with the pieces and bits. For example, rather than just post pictures about a celebrity who visited Dubai and posted his/her pictures, you can write a review of the last 5-international trips the celebrity had and what they did there, etc; you can write about the last 10-celebrities who visited Dubai and share their pictures; you can compare and contrast, add a little salt and pepper.

If your content is original, you would be able to enter the circles of the celebrity management personnel, send them emails for updates etc. There are invite only whatsapp groups, email groups, etc for celebrity news, and you can only get in if you are known to be an authentic blogger not just a copy paster.

Note: Celebrities also like people who write about them, and they do well in keeping a handful of such peeps around them. That is why it is also easy for them to dismiss pieces of news that come out from their unknown sources.

There is always a piece of the juicy news that the people you are copying from missed and if you could get that, the better. If you want to write about sports, go to where the athletes are. If you want to write about prisoners, go to the nearest prison to you, you will find news items there. The same applies to entertainment, and every niche.

regards,
HK
Egbon thumbs up.... This one sef Don cover a blog topic on its own
Re: Can Someone Blog On Entertainment Without Copying And Pasting??? by Toluwani113: 9:41am On Sep 01, 2016
Gidimasters2:
Huh You can try fcmb, ecobank, diamond bank.....

Well, I don't know why the gtbank card didn't work
Thank
Re: Can Someone Blog On Entertainment Without Copying And Pasting??? by winkmart: 9:49am On Sep 01, 2016
Toluwani113:

Thanks

Same thing here, but you could try Diamond
Re: Can Someone Blog On Entertainment Without Copying And Pasting??? by GodswillAJudins(m): 10:13am On Sep 01, 2016
How to write a great blog post, the simple tricks of rewriting

https://02greyhub./2016/09/01/bloggin-how-to-write-a-a-great-blog-post/
Re: Can Someone Blog On Entertainment Without Copying And Pasting??? by grass2grace247: 10:54am On Sep 01, 2016
Re: Can Someone Blog On Entertainment Without Copying And Pasting??? by KvnqPrezo(m): 11:40am On Sep 01, 2016
hostkobo:

Yes you can.

How?

1) Go out and mingle.

2) Research.

regards,
Yeah nice but you know you have to post every time so there won't be time for all that.
Re: Can Someone Blog On Entertainment Without Copying And Pasting??? by paulstrings(m): 12:05pm On Sep 01, 2016
its Highly possible but its not easy, many beginners think blogging is a quick-get-rich-linda deal
come and learn from the Pros at Mayconcept

Re: Can Someone Blog On Entertainment Without Copying And Pasting??? by orbitame2011: 12:10pm On Sep 01, 2016
It's possible, you can rewrite any post you want to post on your blog website in your own words.

Nigerian Bloggers, let's take our blogging business to the next level by joining the Nigerian Bloggers Community
http://allblogsdirectory.com

Re: Can Someone Blog On Entertainment Without Copying And Pasting??? by Originalsly: 12:16pm On Sep 01, 2016
Not a blogger nor intend to be one...but I know copy and paste would get you nowhere. The lazier you are the less progress you would make...if any. Ask yourself.... why did Linda's blog become famous?...why did TMZ become famous? You need to get inside scoops.... exclusive information.... and you need to find a way to connect to the celebrities or people in their inner circles. That should be your objective.... others should then be quoting you. Other than that... whatever you need to write on.... you should gather as much credible info as possible .... research wella on the topic... and have the ability to put out a well written and informative blog. If you can do this consistently.... then you would soon shoot to celebrity celebrity blogger status! Too much work... huh?
Re: Can Someone Blog On Entertainment Without Copying And Pasting??? by NgreadNews(m): 1:00pm On Sep 01, 2016
KvnqPrezo:
Can I blog on entertainment without doing copy and paste...??
If Yes How?
I don't think it's possible....
Bro it is very possible to blog entertainment without even copying or rewriting someone else's article.
Re: Can Someone Blog On Entertainment Without Copying And Pasting??? by I888(m): 2:07pm On Sep 01, 2016
Annalise:

Impressive... So how can one build traffic in the news/entertainment niche in present day Nigeria? Naij.com is less than 3 years old. I will love to hear your views
Re: Can Someone Blog On Entertainment Without Copying And Pasting??? by Annalise(f): 5:36pm On Sep 01, 2016
I888:

Impressive... So how can one build traffic in the news/entertainment niche in present day Nigeria? Naij.com is less than 3 years old. I will love to hear your views

I wouldn't model a blog after naij.com because they rely too much on click baits. Follow this link, read the comments and see what I mean
https://www.naij.com/950510-shocking-lady-died-sleeping-alhaji-monkey-n840000-photo.html
What I would do is either start to mingle with celebrities and politicians aides. Or you employ people who do. Then find your own way to make the news interesting. You should visit top blogs outside Nigeria like Marshable, Huffington post, Perez Hilton, even our very own Sahara Reporters is cool. Get some inspiration, post frequently + heavy social media presence.

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Blog On Entertainment Without Copying And Pasting??? by I888(m): 6:23pm On Sep 01, 2016
Annalise:

I wouldn't model a blog after naij.com because they rely too much on click baits. Follow this link, read the comments and see what I mean
https://www.naij.com/950510-shocking-lady-died-sleeping-alhaji-monkey-n840000-photo.html
What I would do is either start to mingle with celebrities and politicians aides. Or you employ people who do. Then find your own way to make the news interesting. You should visit top blogs outside Nigeria like Marshable, Huffington post, Perez Hilton, even our very own Sahara Reporters is cool. Get some inspiration, post frequently + heavy social media presence.
Nope, I am not modelling after Naij. I included it just in case you wanna say it is too competitive.. What I seem to have understood is that you have to be in the EYES of the people. For instance, OMGVoice.com started in 2015 BUT go see what they have done and achieved as well.

I am taking notes of how the Nigerian ecosystem for these things work, not the ones you have referred me to. Another thing I have noticed is that majority of them tend to relax after reaching their picks. LindaIkeji has been over taken by Nairaland, Naija Loaded does not do more publicity anymore and a host of others. I will be using Naija Loaded as a reference point as well.

I should hit some solid milestone within 1 year.

P.S: Naij is a bloody copy and past portal. What they did was just to spread, gain recognition and relaxed. OMGVoice is currently doing same right now and I am sure after 1 year, they will relax!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can Someone Blog On Entertainment Without Copying And Pasting??? by KvnqPrezo(m): 7:03pm On Sep 01, 2016
I888:
Nope, I am not modelling after Naij. I included it just in case you wanna say it is too competitive.. What I seem to have understood is that you have to be in the EYES of the people. For instance, OMGVoice.com started in 2015 BUT go see what they have done and achieved as well.

I am taking notes of how the Nigerian ecosystem for these things work, not the ones you have referred me to. Another thing I have noticed is that majority of them tend to relax after reaching their picks. LindaIkeji has been over taken by Nairaland, Naija Loaded does not do more publicity anymore and a host of others. I will be using Naija Loaded as a reference point as well.

P.S: Naij is a bloody copy and past portal. What they did was just to spread, gain recognition and relaxed. OMGVoice is currently doing same right now and I am sure after 1 year, they will relax!
Naij is using WordPress right
Re: Can Someone Blog On Entertainment Without Copying And Pasting??? by I888(m): 7:14pm On Sep 01, 2016
KvnqPrezo:

Naij is using WordPress right
not sure about that but you can use whatwpthemeisthat.com to check if it's wordpress.
Re: Can Someone Blog On Entertainment Without Copying And Pasting??? by Annalise(f): 7:47pm On Sep 01, 2016
I888:

You're right, just keep reinventing your content.
Re: Can Someone Blog On Entertainment Without Copying And Pasting??? by KvnqPrezo(m): 8:39pm On Sep 01, 2016
I888:
not sure about that but you can use whatwpthemeisthat.com to check if it's wordpress.
Okay amah check lata...thanks
Re: Can Someone Blog On Entertainment Without Copying And Pasting??? by KvnqPrezo(m): 8:40pm On Sep 01, 2016
NgreadNews:

Bro it is very possible to blog entertainment without even copying or rewriting someone else's article.
How

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Make $3,000 Every Month From Commission Junction / Hi Devs , See What I Won ( New Survey) / Why Your Real Name Matters In The Domain Name System (DNS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.