Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,156 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:55 AM

Annular Eclipse To Hit Nigeria Tomorrow - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Annular Eclipse To Hit Nigeria Tomorrow (46634 Views)

Blood Moon! Total Lunar Eclipse To Appear Tomorrow And Will Be Longest Blood Moo / Solar Eclipse To Occur On Sunday – NASRDA / Annular Eclipse To Occur In Nigeria On September 1st - NASRDA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Annular Eclipse To Hit Nigeria Tomorrow by ADEWUMIMichael(m): 12:25pm On Aug 31, 2016
National Space Research and Development Agency (NSRDA) has urged the public not to panic over the Annular Eclipse which will be experienced between the hours of 7:15am and 10:03am on Thursday, September 1 with slight variations in actual timing across the country.

In a press statement by the Head of Media and Corporate Communications, Dr Felix Ale, the Agency appealed to the general public not to panic or adduce any mystical interpretations to this event, urging them not to observe the eclipse with Nakked eyes, as this can cause damage.

According to the statement, in the Federal Capital Territory Abuja, there will be a partial eclipse, with an obscurity of 60 per cent, and the first contact at about 7:17am, with maximum eclipse at 8:32am and end at 10:00am.

Also, Lagos will experience its first contact with the eclipse at 7:15am, with a maximum eclipse occurring at 8:32am and ending at about 10:00am.

The Agency has arranged a viewing centre tomorrow to enable members of the public, pupils and students from various schools to view the eclipse using specially designed viewing instruments provided by the space Agency.

The viewing centre which has been set up by the Agency will be open to the public on Thursday 1st September, 2016 from 6:45am for school pupils and students to observe the annular eclipse as part of its continuous programmes to expose Nigerians and students to matters concerning astronomical environment.

http://www.gltrends.ng/2016/08/not-panic-annular-eclipse-hit-nigeria-tomorrow/

See earlier thread on this here https://www.nairaland.com/3293125/annular-eclipse-occur-nigeria-september

3 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Annular Eclipse To Hit Nigeria Tomorrow by ADEWUMIMichael(m): 12:27pm On Aug 31, 2016
[size=15pt]LERUS WAIT AND OBSERVE IN 3D[/size] cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Annular Eclipse To Hit Nigeria Tomorrow by Blakjewelry(m): 12:35pm On Aug 31, 2016
The gods are angry

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Annular Eclipse To Hit Nigeria Tomorrow by ADEWUMIMichael(m): 12:36pm On Aug 31, 2016
Blakjewelry:
The gods are angry
Wetin concerns the gods with this issue , edakun ?? undecided

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Annular Eclipse To Hit Nigeria Tomorrow by Blakjewelry(m): 12:50pm On Aug 31, 2016
ADEWUMIMichael:

Wetin concerns the gods with this issue , edakun ?? undecided
Bring 1 cow, two ram, yam, 5 white cock, Palm oil and palm wine three big keg for consultations, if na olden days na human e for require.

97 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Annular Eclipse To Hit Nigeria Tomorrow by ADEWUMIMichael(m): 12:51pm On Aug 31, 2016
Blakjewelry:

Bring 1 cow, two ram, yam, 5 white cock, Palm oil and palm wine three big keg for consultations, if na olden days na human e for require.

1 Like

Re: Annular Eclipse To Hit Nigeria Tomorrow by TUNEX89(m): 12:57pm On Aug 31, 2016
Re: Annular Eclipse To Hit Nigeria Tomorrow by Boomboost(m): 2:56pm On Aug 31, 2016
NSRDC no fit even specify the regions that will experience this, abi na only Lagos?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Annular Eclipse To Hit Nigeria Tomorrow by benueguy(m): 3:10pm On Aug 31, 2016
Blakjewelry:

Chai... For this Buhari time?

42 Likes

Re: Annular Eclipse To Hit Nigeria Tomorrow by Oche211(m): 3:52pm On Aug 31, 2016
Blakjewelry:

hehehehehehehe
even the gods are hungry.

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: Annular Eclipse To Hit Nigeria Tomorrow by jom28gy(m): 4:12pm On Aug 31, 2016
movement of heavenly bodies

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Annular Eclipse To Hit Nigeria Tomorrow by obyrich(m): 4:21pm On Aug 31, 2016
Where are the viewing centres located? Is it tomorrow morning you guys will announce it?

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Annular Eclipse To Hit Nigeria Tomorrow by Bevy12(f): 4:23pm On Aug 31, 2016
I'm getting tired of solar eclipse sef. Need to see a lunar eclipse.

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Annular Eclipse To Hit Nigeria Tomorrow by dazzlingd(m): 4:29pm On Aug 31, 2016
We have offended the gods

8 Likes

Re: Annular Eclipse To Hit Nigeria Tomorrow by odogwu2007(m): 4:34pm On Aug 31, 2016
Make I hear say this onne no reach FP, so make I book my space grin lalasticlala oya come drive this moto reach junction

1 Like

Re: Annular Eclipse To Hit Nigeria Tomorrow by henryagori(m): 4:34pm On Aug 31, 2016
I dont kn why dis mods ban me ooo for just saying the truth well nairaland aint d only forum in the world just be biasing any how

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Annular Eclipse To Hit Nigeria Tomorrow by steppin: 4:35pm On Aug 31, 2016
Eclipse? We'll be waiting.
Re: Annular Eclipse To Hit Nigeria Tomorrow by wheesin(m): 4:35pm On Aug 31, 2016
The sky spirit is angry with us. Let's appease the sky spirits

1 Like

Re: Annular Eclipse To Hit Nigeria Tomorrow by Toluwani113: 4:38pm On Aug 31, 2016
lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Annular Eclipse To Hit Nigeria Tomorrow by dazzlingd(m): 4:42pm On Aug 31, 2016
Bevy12:
I'm getting tired of solar eclipse sef. Need to see a lunar eclipse.

How many solar eclipse have u seen?

1 Like

Re: Annular Eclipse To Hit Nigeria Tomorrow by Bevy12(f): 4:46pm On Aug 31, 2016
dazzlingd:

How many solar eclipse have u seen?
Not that much but I'd prefer to see a lunar eclipse.

1 Like

Re: Annular Eclipse To Hit Nigeria Tomorrow by iamdotune(m): 4:46pm On Aug 31, 2016
I go they observe wey my sun shade cool
Re: Annular Eclipse To Hit Nigeria Tomorrow by Nobody: 6:41pm On Aug 31, 2016
grin
Re: Annular Eclipse To Hit Nigeria Tomorrow by henrydadon(m): 6:45pm On Aug 31, 2016
angry
who Eclipse epp

will the Eclipse be powerful enough to blind buhari eye
[img]http://i./aM6ehefjlnBeg.gif[/img]

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Annular Eclipse To Hit Nigeria Tomorrow by veekid(m): 6:46pm On Aug 31, 2016
Ah deh commot tomorrow now; hope this won't affect movement Sha
Re: Annular Eclipse To Hit Nigeria Tomorrow by timilehin007(m): 6:46pm On Aug 31, 2016
Who wan panic before. Shey I look like omo 90's

1 Like

Re: Annular Eclipse To Hit Nigeria Tomorrow by letsbet(m): 6:47pm On Aug 31, 2016
cool
Re: Annular Eclipse To Hit Nigeria Tomorrow by IMASTEX: 6:47pm On Aug 31, 2016
Don't worry they won't. Nigerians have long lost anything called panic. Since they didn't panic about hunger while voting PMB

9 Likes

Re: Annular Eclipse To Hit Nigeria Tomorrow by kelvyn7: 6:48pm On Aug 31, 2016
shocked
Re: Annular Eclipse To Hit Nigeria Tomorrow by Oloniyan(m): 6:48pm On Aug 31, 2016
dazzlingd:
We have offended the gods

Strongly SMH

1 Like

Re: Annular Eclipse To Hit Nigeria Tomorrow by kvngjesse(m): 6:48pm On Aug 31, 2016
It is already happening here.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Breathtaking Photographs Shortlisted For Top Wildlife Prize ( Pics) / Diver Takes Pictures Of An Anaconda Under-Water / Sheep With 6 Legs Born In Niger State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.