Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,514 members, 7,861,463 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 12:46 PM

I Need Some Information/advice About Relocating. - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Need Some Information/advice About Relocating. (2241 Views)

Skills To Acquire Before Relocating To The US. / I Need Help About Relocating To Ibadan / I'm Relocating My Family From Europe To Nigeria, Please Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Need Some Information/advice About Relocating. by MillzGray: 10:16pm On Sep 05, 2016
@Travellerhub Ummm...an email has been sent to the mail address you used to create your nairaland account. Try logging in there and checking the email. I just don't want to post my phone number in public 'cause I feel all weird about it. LOL.

This is still a very open discussion. Further answers to all questions are welcome. Thank you.
Re: I Need Some Information/advice About Relocating. by mctowel01: 6:20am On Sep 06, 2016
MillzGray:
Travellerhub, a better standard of living is my aim really. Note I didn't say COST but STANDARD. I'm not after "making it big" or "becoming a billionaire", just a normal, middle class life BUT with standards that obviously can't be found in this country. I've really researched into certain programs like the Canadian FSWP but it seems the only way to have that really work for you is to have a job offer before leaving or to be working there at the time of application. This is hard as employers aren't so keen on foreigners, making work permits hard, talkless of permanent residence permits. Do you have information about this or know anybody that does? I'd appreciate it. Do you live abroad?
I like your ambition and discernment.. This life is too short to be thinking of raking millions in the sh1thole called naija, thinking you re cool. Better standard is all we want. Keep the faith, you ll find somewhere.
Re: I Need Some Information/advice About Relocating. by Travellerhub: 1:05pm On Sep 06, 2016
The Extension given after your studies is for you to look for a job placment in your field of study and yes it is 100% Legal to look for job during that extended period.
MillzGray:
Student Visa? No problem. But I am still very confused. Shebi I'll finish studying and my visa will expire and I'll have to return to my country? How does one surmount that hurdle? That's my confusion. I saw some countries give extension when your student visa expires though but is this automatic? Is it legal to look for a job with that extension? Extra paperwork? These are the things. Thank you all so much for your contributions.
Re: I Need Some Information/advice About Relocating. by MillzGray: 11:58pm On Sep 06, 2016
mctowel01:

I like your ambition and discernment.. This life is too short to be thinking of raking millions in the sh1thole called naija, thinking you re cool. Better standard is all we want. Keep the faith, you ll find somewhere.

I sincerely hope so. Thank you so much. :-)
Re: I Need Some Information/advice About Relocating. by omega1685: 11:14pm On Sep 08, 2016
hi elvis10ten, Finland is the best destination. Reasons:
1 Tuition free for those that apply this Sept for spring (Jan 2017)entry
2 Bachelor courses offered in English available
3. You are issued a Resident Permit(RP) not a visa
4. You don't need as much as 2.5 million naira to procure the RP
5. With the RP, you are eligible to travel freely to any of the 25 member states of Schengen territory including Germany, Italy, France, Spain...
6. With the RP, you can secure visa to USA, UK, Canada, Australia... within 1month of arrival in Finland effortlessly. Infact students' liaison office can handle that on grounds that you wish to visit the country during your semester holiday.
7. You eligible to work while schooling if you want.

NOTE
those that apply in January 2017 for Autumn (Sept) 2017 entry are likely to be liable to pay fees.

Where as information is a powerful tool for making informed decisions,

Procrastination is important to those that love advancing excuses for failure.

I don't love typing. At such, I only like reading things people post on nairaland. Take a look and u'll see that this is only my second post ever in nairaland, but I know the 2 posts are informative enough for you to realize ur dream.

Lastly, God n Prayers have their place in our lives. However, God or Prayers won't do for us what we ought to do.
After all Jesus demonstrated that when He asked the people to roll away the stone at the grave of Lazarus.

Wish you all the best so ur efforts will not be dashed on the wall or ur hopes carried down stream.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Best Countries For Tailors/fashion Designers / Ogun State Oba Died Inside Keke Napep, Crushed By A Trailer / I Need Information About Canadian Deputy High Commission In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.