Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,241 members, 7,818,824 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:57 AM

Abstract- Overview Of My Analysis Of The 16 Mejis, The 16 Oju Odus. - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Abstract- Overview Of My Analysis Of The 16 Mejis, The 16 Oju Odus. (800 Views)

“emir Of Yorubaland”: A Sociolinguistic Analysis Of The Term “emir” / How To Memorise The Seniority Of The 16 Odus. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abstract- Overview Of My Analysis Of The 16 Mejis, The 16 Oju Odus. by lawani: 4:23pm On Aug 31, 2016
ABSTRACT- OVERVIEW OF MY ANALYSIS OF THE 16 MEJIS, THE 16 OJU ODUS.

I have today finished the one by one analysis of the 16 mejis, the Oju odus and I know even eminent Awos who have been at it for 50 years would still find my work interesting. That is the beauty of human intellect. Any exertion of intellect is always a delight to savour!

When these studies come into the mainstream and Ifa becomes a department or faculty in Yoruba universities, a BSC student maybe required to start off by writing such an analysis as I have written. I donate it to charity.

It must be noted that only four bits are used probably because a higher number of bits will lead to an unneccessarily high number of combinations that is best avoided, though I will not categorically say that is the case! However, it is apparent that the higher the number of possible combinations, then the higher the number of stories and scenarios to draw wisdom from. If you know only ten stories, you can draw inspiration from just that! However if you know one ibi and one ire for each of the 256 making a total of 512 verses, that will be something to work with, a starting point for personal use or even to assist people.

There are however hundreds, even thousands of verses for each of the 256 odus in existence, the more you know, the better diviner you are, you can array them, determine if it is ire or ibi, then determine which of the ire or ibi verses to recite. It is pure science and an exciting one at that.

However, you have to be confident it works, you have to approach it solemnly because it is a resource through which the impossible can be made possible.

Thank you for reading and God bless you

Akin Lawanson.
Re: Abstract- Overview Of My Analysis Of The 16 Mejis, The 16 Oju Odus. by ghostofsparta(m): 6:06am On Sep 01, 2016
lawani:
ABSTRACT- OVERVIEW OF MY ANALYSIS OF THE 16 MEJIS, THE 16 OJU ODUS.

I have today finished the one by one analysis of the 16 mejis, the Oju odus and I know even eminent Awos who have been at it for 50 years would still find my work interesting. That is the beauty of human intellect. Any exertion of intellect is always a delight to savour!

When these studies come into the mainstream and Ifa becomes a department or faculty in Yoruba universities, a BSC student maybe required to start off by writing such an analysis as I have written. I donate it to charity.

It must be noted that only four bits are used probably because a higher number of bits will lead to an unneccessarily high number of combinations that is best avoided, though I will not categorically say that is the case! However, it is apparent that the higher the number of possible combinations, then the higher the number of stories and scenarios to draw wisdom from. If you know only ten stories, you can draw inspiration from just that! However if you know one ibi and one ire for each of the 256 making a total of 512 verses, that will be something to work with, a starting point for personal use or even to assist people.

There are however hundreds, even thousands of verses for each of the 256 odus in existence, the more you know, the better diviner you are, you can array them, determine if it is ire or ibi, then determine which of the ire or ibi verses to recite. It is pure science and an exciting one at that.

However, you have to be confident it works, you have to approach it solemnly because it is a resource through which the impossible can be made possible.

Thank you for reading and God bless you

Akin Lawanson.
More grease to your elbow for what you're doing, a whole lot of Yoruba youths don't realize the Ifa treasure in their land been the greatest legacy our ancestors can ever bequeath to us.

Do you think Ìfá and its odus can be computerized ? And by computerized I meant advanced in such a way that its becomes digitally interactive and responsive the same way it is read and deciphered in real life, I still have many more questions.

1 Like

Re: Abstract- Overview Of My Analysis Of The 16 Mejis, The 16 Oju Odus. by lawani: 6:59am On Sep 01, 2016
ghostofsparta:

More grease to your elbow for what you're doing, a whole lot of Yoruba youths don't realize the Ifa treasure in their land been the greatest legacy our ancestors can ever bequeath to us.

Do you think Ìfá and its odus can be computerized ? And by computerized I meant advanced in such a way that its becomes digitally interactive and responsive the same way it is read and deciphered in real life, I still have many more questions.

That would be a complex program to write. A computer is a bean counter, while the job of an Awo needs empathy. The jobs that need empathy will not be easily taken by computers.

An Awo needs to compile thousands of verses of ibi and ires meaning good fortune and bad fortune, generate verses himself from real life experiences and observation of nature and etc. It is what you understand that Ifa uses to communicate with you, so what a computer can do is somewhat much limited.
Re: Abstract- Overview Of My Analysis Of The 16 Mejis, The 16 Oju Odus. by ghostofsparta(m): 6:47pm On Sep 01, 2016
lawani:

That would be a complex program to write. A computer is a bean counter, while the job of an Awo needs empathy. The jobs that need empathy will not be easily taken by computers.

An Awo needs to compile thousands of verses of ibi and ires meaning good fortune and bad fortune, generate verses himself from real life experiences and observation of nature and etc. It is what you understand that Ifa uses to communicate with you, so what a computer can do is somewhat much limited.
I kinda disagree

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Some Africans And Churches Disregard Traditional Mariage / Weird? See The Crazy Things Nigerians Do In The Name Of Celebration (photos) / Fun Things About Northern Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.