Stats: 3,153,378 members, 7,819,375 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:05 PM

Aliko Dangote Lost 35% Of His Wealth This Year Alone, Amounting $5.4 Billion - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Aliko Dangote Lost 35% Of His Wealth This Year Alone, Amounting $5.4 Billion (24582 Views)

Aliko Dangote's Nephew, Kally, Graduates From UK University / Aliko Dangote Unveils SunTrust Bank, Nigeria’s First Fintech Bank / How Aliko Dangote Became The Richest Man In Africa (2) (3) (4)

Re: Aliko Dangote Lost 35% Of His Wealth This Year Alone, Amounting $5.4 Billion by Jacko1(m): 6:18pm On Aug 31, 2016
AK481:
Kemi adeosun should resign with immediate effect if she has any shame.

Buhari should resign and call for a fresh election where he will not participate if he has any shame.
I m a honorable man whose promise is my covenant and I expect people to also be like me.buhari has failed based on what he promised.

The one wey come vex me be say,
Even small me sef don loose money bad bad.

You you know that that one million naira u had before April 2015 in bank as saving is reduced to mere 520,000 in value of its usefulness pre-buhari era.

Any savings money
Any fixed deposit in naira
Any treasury bill now is totally useless

Even fx denominated fixed deposit is useless now cos market dey shake

Person go check bank one day.... Bank go tell am say ur 5000 euros os worth 2500 euros because we took into cognizance present parallel rate.... U insistin on old rate means that you are a fraud hehe

Am takin my money and convert to cedis lubbish

Re: Aliko Dangote Lost 35% Of His Wealth This Year Alone, Amounting $5.4 Billion by nathandrake(m): 6:19pm On Aug 31, 2016
Emekamex:
He will even lose more if the naira keeps nose-diving like a submarine.

in terms of naira his wealth remain the same or even growing but when they convert it to dollar because the fx is net wealth will reduce.....so its not as if he is wealth is going down, the more the Naira falls the more his wealth lose value in dollars buh remain the same in Naira
Re: Aliko Dangote Lost 35% Of His Wealth This Year Alone, Amounting $5.4 Billion by ylaa(f): 6:25pm On Aug 31, 2016
Is Dangote complaining?
35% lost to Dangote is like
using a teacup to scoop water
from a Geepee tank.
Ask him if u think am exaggerating.
Re: Aliko Dangote Lost 35% Of His Wealth This Year Alone, Amounting $5.4 Billion by Nobody: 6:26pm On Aug 31, 2016
Unsad:
Buhari ft Florida; IT'S GOING DOWN FOR REAL
LOL! This is the best thing I've seen today!

Re: Aliko Dangote Lost 35% Of His Wealth This Year Alone, Amounting $5.4 Billion by nathandrake(m): 6:27pm On Aug 31, 2016
sukkot:
and you need to go to shoprite to buy some brain-cells because right now your head is empty. yes all billionaires have speculative money. nobody has real solid liquid assets or cash that runs into billions. its shares in a company that is counted not real money. nobody loses 5.4 billion of real money in a year. the value of his shares depreciated

and you are still repeating the "speculative money" crazy son of a B. i think the word you looking for is INVESTMENT.

Solid liquid Asset? what are you smoking bruh, this cant be regular weed, seems you are high on Methamphetamine

Re: Aliko Dangote Lost 35% Of His Wealth This Year Alone, Amounting $5.4 Billion by Nobody: 6:28pm On Aug 31, 2016
Effect of diabolic change!

Re: Aliko Dangote Lost 35% Of His Wealth This Year Alone, Amounting $5.4 Billion by Damola00: 6:28pm On Aug 31, 2016
So Mark Zuckerberg can buy Dangote in more than 9 times orimi wasemi lolowo o. No blame Dangote na economy cus ham.
Re: Aliko Dangote Lost 35% Of His Wealth This Year Alone, Amounting $5.4 Billion by sarutobie(m): 6:32pm On Aug 31, 2016
nathandrake:

and you are still repeating the "speculative money" crazy son of a B. i think the word you looking for is INVESTMENT.

Solid liquid Asset? what are you smoking bruh, this cant be regular weed, seems you are high on Methamphetamine
bullseye! the number of pseudo-intellectuals on nairaland and Nigeria in general is staggering..

Re: Aliko Dangote Lost 35% Of His Wealth This Year Alone, Amounting $5.4 Billion by sukkot: 6:33pm On Aug 31, 2016
nathandrake:

and i repeat loco, yes most billionaires money is SPECULATIVE as well as SHARES. its like how the american corporation is valued based on the number of people in the country because the people are potential assets as well as potential customers. if dangote is located in a country with only a population of 1 million his speculative asset will be worth less than a country with 180 million people. thats how business works loco. you are valued based on your potential. its like football, the stars are priced based on their potential. its like the NBA, the players worth is based on their potential. an allen iverson is priced at 50 million based on his potential. dats how business is all over the world. thats why its possible for billionaires to lose 5.4 billion in a year . now run along

dats why all the IT boom billionaires disappeared overnight. because the wealth they had was speculative and not real

Re: Aliko Dangote Lost 35% Of His Wealth This Year Alone, Amounting $5.4 Billion by PaulIdu: 6:34pm On Aug 31, 2016
IVORY2009:

other manifactuers are now allowed into the market, on like on Dangote salt, Dangote spagatti, Dangote sugar all over the market, all others were ban, or discuraged with high duty cost, and he was even granted tax holiday too, on like smaller coys.

You really believe the lies you wrote?
Re: Aliko Dangote Lost 35% Of His Wealth This Year Alone, Amounting $5.4 Billion by nathandrake(m): 6:36pm On Aug 31, 2016
sarutobie:

bullseye! the number of pseudo-intellectuals on nairaland and Nigeria in general is staggering..

can you take a step back and lemme bait that goat

Re: Aliko Dangote Lost 35% Of His Wealth This Year Alone, Amounting $5.4 Billion by Sulaimon01(m): 6:36pm On Aug 31, 2016
GossipHeart:
I pray that this hardship gets worse.

I want everybody to feel the heat so that in the next election you go have enough sense to rebuke any presidential candidate from the northern part of Nigeria

Shut up!!!! All these foolish Easterners, is it about region here? Mad goat!!!! What would your Jonathan have done sef if he had remained in power Please just tell me one thing Buhari should have done to prevent this.
Re: Aliko Dangote Lost 35% Of His Wealth This Year Alone, Amounting $5.4 Billion by Nobody: 6:39pm On Aug 31, 2016
olorunwa90:
D change is even affect Oga Dangote

Well am still optimistic, dat naija will b great

You are already swallowing water - you are drowning and getting ready to peg and you are still optimistic.. is it when the white of your eyes come out that you will realize that this is the END for Nigeria? Save, Steal and Find your way NOW grin grin grin

Re: Aliko Dangote Lost 35% Of His Wealth This Year Alone, Amounting $5.4 Billion by lukecent: 6:40pm On Aug 31, 2016
atirolu:
Buhari regime affected the price of ABC
Aliko Dangote
Bread
cement
Help me add DEF.......
Dollar

Eba

Food

Re: Aliko Dangote Lost 35% Of His Wealth This Year Alone, Amounting $5.4 Billion by Nobody: 6:41pm On Aug 31, 2016
GossipHeart:

I want everybody to feel the heat so that in the next election you go have enough sense to rebuke any presidential candidate from the northern part of Nigeria

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Aliko Dangote Lost 35% Of His Wealth This Year Alone, Amounting $5.4 Billion by nathandrake(m): 6:43pm On Aug 31, 2016
sukkot:
and i repeat loco, yes most billionaires money is SPECULATIVE as well as SHARES. its like how the american corporation is valued based on the number of people in the country because the people are potential assets as well as potential customers. if dangote is located in a country with only a population of 1 million his speculative asset will be worth less than a country with 180 million people. thats how business works loco. you are valued based on your potential. its like football, the stars are priced based on their potential. its like the NBA, the players worth is based on their potential. an allen iverson is priced at 50 million based on his potential. dats how business is all over the world. thats why its possible for billionaires to lose 5.4 billion in a year . now run along

dats why all the IT boom billionaires disappeared overnight. because the wealth they had was speculative and not real

now i get your point. mabinu egbon

but by ur logic every Nigerian should have the same speculative money as Dangote

Re: Aliko Dangote Lost 35% Of His Wealth This Year Alone, Amounting $5.4 Billion by Nobody: 6:46pm On Aug 31, 2016
Sulaimon01:

Shut up!!!! All these foolish Easterners, is it about region here? Mad goat!!!! What would your Jonathan have done sef if he had remained in power Please just tell me one thing Buhari should have done to prevent this.

1: He should never have delayed passing the budget after review and adjustment the way he did
2: He should have booted out Emefilie the minute he stepped in.. there are worthy Professors in Economics to do a practical job
3: He should have declared monies recovered and from whom.. he should have recovered every penny stolen by the PDP Government but NO.. he cannot do that since his own WIFE is involved in the thievery.. are you not surprised?
4: He should have removed himself from the criminals who rigged him in and aligned with the people voted with their hearts.. but his is to illiterate to do this.. he fell for the same trap GEJ fell for.
5: Northern Leaders have always had an agenda since the past 50 years.. which is why no matter how much the North is given.. they will always remain impoverished, illiterate and docile to the elitist Fulanis who have all the wealth,political power and cows.Religion degrades the brains of the gullible majority in the North and it deludes the clueless majority in the South.. He should have called for a referendum to separate Religion from State

there are many things right now he should have done but he chooses to drown his children in a well with a broken-tooth smile that all will be well in the after-life

Re: Aliko Dangote Lost 35% Of His Wealth This Year Alone, Amounting $5.4 Billion by sukkot: 6:52pm On Aug 31, 2016
nathandrake:

now i get your point. mabinu egbon

but by ur logic every Nigerian should have the same speculative money as Dangote
[b]well to have speculative worth you need to be a business and you need to have gone public and people bought shares. then an outside auditor will come and determine your net worth and this net worth is like a combination of assets and liquid cash and speculative potential earnings based on the population of the country you are operating in. and if something crazy happens like a landlside submerges half of the population of that country and your customer base reduces ? then your net worth is reduced. so techinically nobody goes around counting how much billionaires have in order to determine their net worth because its an impossible task. many of them dont even know how much they really have. but the net worth is like a credit score for the rich. the higher your net worth the greater chance of getting loans. you think mark zuckerberg really is worth billions ? what does he produce ? nothing. he just has a platform that connects the world. so his net worth is based on speculative income and all the shares that people bought when his company went public[/b]
Re: Aliko Dangote Lost 35% Of His Wealth This Year Alone, Amounting $5.4 Billion by Sulaimon01(m): 6:54pm On Aug 31, 2016
everydayperson:

1: He should never have delayed passing the budget after review and adjustment the way he did
2: He should have booted out Emefilie the minute he stepped in.. there are worthy Professors in Economics to do a practical job
3: He should have declared monies recovered and from whom.. he should have recovered every penny stolen by the PDP Government but NO.. he cannot do that since his own WIFE is involved in the thievery.. are you not surprised?
4: He should have removed himself from the criminals who rigged him in and aligned with the people voted with their hearts.. but his is to illiterate to do this.. he fell for the same trap GEJ fell for.
5: Northern Leaders have always had an agenda since the past 50 years.. which is why no matter how much the North is given.. they will always remain impoverished, illiterate and docile to the elitist Fulanis who have all the wealth,political power and cows.Religion degrades the brains of the gullible majority in the North and it deludes the clueless majority in the South.. He should have called for a referendum to separate Religion from State

there are many things right now he should have done but he chooses to drown his children in a well with a broken-tooth smile that all will be well in the after-life

God bless you my brother

But you think these same people won't scream tribalism if he removes Emefiele
If only Jonathan had done something when our revenue was at its peak
Re: Aliko Dangote Lost 35% Of His Wealth This Year Alone, Amounting $5.4 Billion by eyeview: 6:55pm On Aug 31, 2016
GossipHeart:

Personally I want a ban to be placed on a northerner ruling Nigeria for at least 30 years. They have been in power for majority of our independent years and see howesaed Nigeria is.
Secondly,most of the prosperity experienced in this nation occurred in the regime of southern Christians.
Finally, with them being in power for most of d time,yet their people and region is still most backward with illiteracy, poverty, sickness, backwardness etc. If they can not cater to the need of their region, why do we think they can advance the welfare of the entire nation

Re: Aliko Dangote Lost 35% Of His Wealth This Year Alone, Amounting $5.4 Billion by tunary(m): 6:55pm On Aug 31, 2016
Eyaahhh, sorry o. You see Wetin dis he goat don cause now, even d super rich are also affected nd there r some animals benefiting from dis high cost of dollar.
Re: Aliko Dangote Lost 35% Of His Wealth This Year Alone, Amounting $5.4 Billion by nathandrake(m): 6:57pm On Aug 31, 2016
sukkot:
[b]well to have speculative worth you need to be a business and you need to have gone public and people bought shares. then an outside auditor will come and determine your net worth and this net worth is like a combination of assets and liquid cash and speculative potential earnings based on the population of the country you are operating in. and if something crazy happens like a landlside submerges half of the population of that country and your customer base reduces ? then your net worth is reduced. so techinically nobody goes around counting how much billionaires have in order to determine their net worth because its an impossible task. many of them dont even know how much they really have. but the net worth is like a credit score for the rich. the higher your net worth the greater chance of getting loans. you think mark zuckerberg really is worth billions ? what does he produce ? nothing. he just has a platform that connects the world. so his net worth is based on speculative income and all the shares that people bought when his company went public[/b]

very interesting....that means all of them are living in fools paradise, thanks bro

but u need to stop taking Methamphetamine

Re: Aliko Dangote Lost 35% Of His Wealth This Year Alone, Amounting $5.4 Billion by sukkot: 7:05pm On Aug 31, 2016
nathandrake:

very interesting....that means all of them are living in fools paradise, thanks bro

but u need to stop taking Methamphetamine
exactly. thats why someone like donald trump goes broke every other year despite being a billionaire. but because of his net worth they gave him loan many times to rescue him from being broke. so these people are not dealing in real money. its all speculative money. if you really look at it, its a con game and a pyramid scheme that these people are running with the shares thing. legal highway robbery. but hey ? thats life

Re: Aliko Dangote Lost 35% Of His Wealth This Year Alone, Amounting $5.4 Billion by Nobody: 7:08pm On Aug 31, 2016
Sulaimon01:

God bless you my brother

But you think these same people won't scream tribalism if he removes Emefiele
If only Jonathan had done something when our revenue was at its peak

I place the blame squarely on the Working Class and Our Religious Leaders shikena!

GEJ is to blame no doubt, rather than align with the people who fought to ensure he was not removed by David Mark and his greedy gays, he decided to bribe governors with dollars OBJ had saved throughout his tenure.. $2billion went out as soon as GEJ became President.. it went to all states as Poverty Alleviation.. we know what that was for.. but the likes of intelligentsia did not speak up because we Oil price was keeping the economy balanced.. but here is the kicker.. when OBJ was in power.. Oil price was between $9-$10 even lower than what it is today.. so why is Buhari complaining..
Re: Aliko Dangote Lost 35% Of His Wealth This Year Alone, Amounting $5.4 Billion by hUmaneOne: 7:09pm On Aug 31, 2016
sukkot:

I respected and still respect you...but for this night, you need to stop smoking your sh1t, then go-to Coursera and take a business course ..seriously

You're still my G from afar tho

Re: Aliko Dangote Lost 35% Of His Wealth This Year Alone, Amounting $5.4 Billion by sukkot: 7:12pm On Aug 31, 2016
hUmaneOne:

I respected and still respect you...but for this night, you need to stop smoking your sh1t, then go-to Coursera and take a business course ..seriously

bro i will implore you to go and study so you can be enlightened. so your eyes can open. you are in darkness with regards to this issue. or better yet speak to a business man with an MBA so he or she can enlighten you
Re: Aliko Dangote Lost 35% Of His Wealth This Year Alone, Amounting $5.4 Billion by thedarksider: 7:12pm On Aug 31, 2016
pahhhhh..up and downs...its life... grin grin grin grin
Re: Aliko Dangote Lost 35% Of His Wealth This Year Alone, Amounting $5.4 Billion by IVORY2009(m): 7:16pm On Aug 31, 2016
PaulIdu:

You really believe the lies you wrote?

Wat is lie about wat is wrote, if u permit me to analysis Dangote's history here, u will weep for dis nation!
Re: Aliko Dangote Lost 35% Of His Wealth This Year Alone, Amounting $5.4 Billion by sukkot: 7:18pm On Aug 31, 2016
hUmaneOne:

http://www.marketplace.org/2012/08/06/wealth-poverty/are-paper-billionaires-real-billionaires
Re: Aliko Dangote Lost 35% Of His Wealth This Year Alone, Amounting $5.4 Billion by PaulIdu: 7:18pm On Aug 31, 2016
IVORY2009:

Wat is lie about wat is wrote, if u permit me to analysis Dangote's history here, u will weep for dis nation!

I permit yoi
Re: Aliko Dangote Lost 35% Of His Wealth This Year Alone, Amounting $5.4 Billion by Nobody: 7:20pm On Aug 31, 2016
atirolu:
Buhari regime affected the price of ABC

Aliko Dangote

Bread

cement

Help me add DEF.......

if the regime affected all these leading to an increment, then it is only natural and fair that salaries of workers both in public and private sectors be affected (by an upward review) to reflect the present economic realities. abi is it immune to salary increment.
by now prices readjustments as well as salary readjustment ought to have started taken place already.

Re: Aliko Dangote Lost 35% Of His Wealth This Year Alone, Amounting $5.4 Billion by Sulaimon01(m): 7:24pm On Aug 31, 2016
everydayperson:

I place the blame squarely on the Working Class and Our Religious Leaders shikena!

GEJ is to blame no doubt, rather than align with the people who fought to ensure he was not removed by David Mark and his greedy gays, he decided to bribe governors with dollars OBJ had saved throughout his tenure.. $2billion went out as soon as GEJ became President.. it went to all states as Poverty Alleviation.. we know what that was for.. but the likes of intelligentsia did not speak up because we Oil price was keeping the economy balanced.. but here is the kicker.. when OBJ was in power.. Oil price was between $9-$10 even lower than what it is today.. so why is Buhari complaining..

I'm not Pro-Buhari o, used to but had to stop when I discovered his anticorruption fight was biased, what Buratai, Dambazzau and a host of others are still doing there I don't know.
To the issue of why it's hard for him, I think Nigeria/Nigerians' taste have been upped during the Jonathan dispensation; every sector of the economy and ministries too are now finding it hard to cope with the ways thing are playing out

Flutterwave Raises $170 Million, now Valued at Over $1 Billion / Ways To Earn Good Income As A Nigerian Student / CBN To Pump More Cash Into Circulation Today - The Nation

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83