Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,206 members, 7,818,703 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:09 PM

Confirmed: Two Dead In Abuja Building Collapse (Pics) - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Confirmed: Two Dead In Abuja Building Collapse (Pics) (10862 Views)

Abuja Building Collapse: NEMA Calls Off Operation, Confirms 1 Dead, 6 Injured / Man Who Escaped Building Collapse In Akwa Ibom Shares Ordeal 1 Year After.Photos / Mother And Daughter Killed In Lagos Building Collapse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Confirmed: Two Dead In Abuja Building Collapse (Pics) by jeftalene(m): 5:53pm On Aug 31, 2016
Two people have been confirmed dead after a four-storey building collapsed in Abuja, trapping at least eight people on Monday.

Rescue workers on Tuesday recovered two bodies from the debris of the structure at Gwarinpa, Abuja. Six people had earlier been rescued.

The first body was lifted from under the rubble at about past 2PM, while the second was removed at 6:15PM. The first victim was identified as Sadiq, and the second, Joseph.

The rescue and recovery were carried out by a joint team of officials from the National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA), Abuja Development Control, Federal Fire Service,
and Nigeria Security and Civil Defense Corps (NSCDC).

A NEMA official, Abbas Idris, confirmed that six persons were rescued. "We are able to rescue six
persons from the building alive. Their condition was not so bad. Some of them were here with us before we took them to hospital,” he said.

A survivor, Timothy Ortega, told PREMIUM TIMES how he survived the the collapse
of the four-storey building.

“I was sleeping in the second floor of the building when I heard the sound not too long before I went to bed at about 11-11:30 pm on Sunday.
“At first I thought it was a bomb before I could realize anything I heard crack sound again and the entire building went down with the whole eight of us sleeping in different rooms.

“Sleeping next to me was my cousin Joseph; we were both displaced when
the building collapsed,” Mr.Timothy said. “God saved him from the tragedy. He was sheltered by two beams that created a relief over-lay that prevented the concrete from crushing him to death.
“Everything went black when the building collapsed and I could not move. The only thing I did was digging the sand with my two hands looking for a way out but all effort could not direct
me to any exit point.

“I was in between the building for 14 hours until the rescue team found me at about 3 pm Monday afternoon,” Mr.Timothy said.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/209616-two-dead-abuja-building-collapse.html

Re: Confirmed: Two Dead In Abuja Building Collapse (Pics) by HRich(m): 6:45am On Sep 01, 2016
If you're reading this, may your September and other Ember months make you pause and wonder why you're sooo blessed. Happy new month .

23 Likes

Re: Confirmed: Two Dead In Abuja Building Collapse (Pics) by olanyte: 6:45am On Sep 01, 2016
May Allah have Mercy

3 Likes

Re: Confirmed: Two Dead In Abuja Building Collapse (Pics) by SirElaw(m): 6:45am On Sep 01, 2016
RIP to the dead.

No one should come here and associate this to "ember" months like mishaps haven't been happening since the beginning of the year. The risks in this month are as much as those in January and August. May the good Lord who has been protecting you and your loved ones thus far continue to lead you aright.

5 Likes

Re: Confirmed: Two Dead In Abuja Building Collapse (Pics) by ikombe: 6:45am On Sep 01, 2016
Rip to the dead ones cry

Happy new month nairalanders
Re: Confirmed: Two Dead In Abuja Building Collapse (Pics) by chrisBenSunny: 6:46am On Sep 01, 2016
RIP
Re: Confirmed: Two Dead In Abuja Building Collapse (Pics) by CHANNELStv2020: 6:46am On Sep 01, 2016
BUHARI NO GO SEND CONDOLENCES BUT IF NA ITALY HE GO RUN SEND CONDOLENCES TO THE PEOPLE EVEN BEFORE THE ITALIAN PRESIDENT TALK,BUT ARE YOUR OWN CITIZENS NOT HUMANS?ARE THEY CHICKENS OR WHAT OR?
Re: Confirmed: Two Dead In Abuja Building Collapse (Pics) by delishpot: 6:49am On Sep 01, 2016
Builders, mixing sand and spit to mould block in naija. This is a worrisome trend in naija o. Govt should start inspecting a new construction projects (I fear that bribery would make the inspectors shush de faulters cases)
Re: Confirmed: Two Dead In Abuja Building Collapse (Pics) by gist4kidsblog: 6:50am On Sep 01, 2016
cry cry

Re: Confirmed: Two Dead In Abuja Building Collapse (Pics) by naffgem: 6:50am On Sep 01, 2016
R.I.P
Re: Confirmed: Two Dead In Abuja Building Collapse (Pics) by Mrgreat(m): 6:55am On Sep 01, 2016
so those 2 guys didnt make it agn. RIP meanwhile happy ember month fellas
Re: Confirmed: Two Dead In Abuja Building Collapse (Pics) by Flexherbal(m): 6:56am On Sep 01, 2016
May the souls of the dead, rest in peace.
Re: Confirmed: Two Dead In Abuja Building Collapse (Pics) by lawson06(m): 6:56am On Sep 01, 2016
RIP
Re: Confirmed: Two Dead In Abuja Building Collapse (Pics) by Nobody: 7:04am On Sep 01, 2016
SUBHANALLAH!!! shocked shocked shocked
Re: Confirmed: Two Dead In Abuja Building Collapse (Pics) by xilixr: 7:07am On Sep 01, 2016
olanyte:
May Allah have Mercy
of course he has mercy as long as they died themselves. But when its time to behead someone, u say he is the greatest.

3 Likes

Re: Confirmed: Two Dead In Abuja Building Collapse (Pics) by englishmart(m): 7:11am On Sep 01, 2016
all the engineers involved should be arrested

1 Like

Re: Confirmed: Two Dead In Abuja Building Collapse (Pics) by olamixx(m): 7:19am On Sep 01, 2016
God have mercy
Re: Confirmed: Two Dead In Abuja Building Collapse (Pics) by Wendyslim(f): 7:37am On Sep 01, 2016
so sad. rip to d dead and wishing d injured ones quick recovery.
Re: Confirmed: Two Dead In Abuja Building Collapse (Pics) by flokii: 7:48am On Sep 01, 2016
When will blacks ever get it right?

Some things that hardly kill pple in developed countries still kill pple steady here. Just sad
Re: Confirmed: Two Dead In Abuja Building Collapse (Pics) by skademzy(m): 7:51am On Sep 01, 2016
standard organisation of Nigeria. is this how Nigerians will continue to perish as a result of your negligence? substandard building materials everywhere.
Re: Confirmed: Two Dead In Abuja Building Collapse (Pics) by flokii: 7:51am On Sep 01, 2016
englishmart:
all the engineers involved should be arrested

They will still get released and their licences will remain..

Sad situation we find ourselves in.
Re: Confirmed: Two Dead In Abuja Building Collapse (Pics) by Spanner4(m): 7:53am On Sep 01, 2016
When quacks are given the Job instead of proffessionals, I weep for dis country
Re: Confirmed: Two Dead In Abuja Building Collapse (Pics) by shaddoww: 8:04am On Sep 01, 2016
They said the place is owned by Olagunsoye Oyinlola and it was approved as a parking lot but instead they were constructing a four-storey building n dey used substandard materials.
Re: Confirmed: Two Dead In Abuja Building Collapse (Pics) by KardinalZik(m): 9:52am On Sep 01, 2016
If they don't arrest the owner and the engineer involved, Nigeria(ns) owes T. B. Joshua an apology.

When the synagogue building collapsed, everyone and the government called for the innocent man's head.

If the same is not done here, then I sense malice.

Though am not a member of his church, I believe in equity and justice. "What is sauce for the goose", they say, "is sauce for the gander ".

1 Like

Re: Confirmed: Two Dead In Abuja Building Collapse (Pics) by Reference(m): 10:03am On Sep 01, 2016
shaddoww:
They said the place is owned by Olagunsoye Oyinlola and it was approved as a parking lot but instead they were constructing a four-storey building n dey used substandard materials.

This is where the problem starts. Someone somewhere breaks the law and the impunity grows and grows until it consumes lives.
Re: Confirmed: Two Dead In Abuja Building Collapse (Pics) by free2ryhme: 12:14pm On Sep 01, 2016
[code][/code] RIP

What are the supposed town planners and building inspectors doing
Re: Confirmed: Two Dead In Abuja Building Collapse (Pics) by Onyenna(m): 1:03pm On Sep 01, 2016
Damn
Re: Confirmed: Two Dead In Abuja Building Collapse (Pics) by Onyenna(m): 1:05pm On Sep 01, 2016
shaddoww:

Chaaiii! Just imagine.....

(1) (Reply)

Building A 4 Flats Of 3 Bedroom House At Emene Enugu. Costs And Pictures. / LASEMA Saves 3 Kids From Burning House (photos) / What Makes A Building Beautiful And Unique For A Long Period Of Time?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.