Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,270 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:10 AM

Why Did The Vatican Remove 14 Books From The Bible In 1684? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did The Vatican Remove 14 Books From The Bible In 1684? (3922 Views)

Nigerian Catholic Bishops Meet With Pope Francis At The Vatican. Photos / Why Did The Vatican Remove 14 Books From The Bible In 1684? / Lady Poses Nude With The Holy Bible In Viral Photoshoot: Media React (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did The Vatican Remove 14 Books From The Bible In 1684? by Ranchhoddas: 10:43pm On Sep 01, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

How
There are apparently two versions of the Bible. Is it not thought-provoking?
Re: Why Did The Vatican Remove 14 Books From The Bible In 1684? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:46pm On Sep 01, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
There are apparently two versions of the Bible. Is it not thought-provoking?

To you , what thoughts were provoked ?
Re: Why Did The Vatican Remove 14 Books From The Bible In 1684? by Ranchhoddas: 10:56pm On Sep 01, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

To you , what thoughts were provoked ?
The usual. Could this book really have been authored by God? A Being powerful enough to cause the Universe to exist should be able to give us a manual that does not raise so much dust.

1 Like

Re: Why Did The Vatican Remove 14 Books From The Bible In 1684? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:01pm On Sep 01, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
The usual. Could this book really have been authored by God? A Being powerful enough to cause the Universe to exist should be able to give us a manual that does not raise so much dust.

This should help

http://www.gotquestions.org/Bible-inspired.html
Re: Why Did The Vatican Remove 14 Books From The Bible In 1684? by Ranchhoddas: 11:10pm On Sep 01, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

This should help

http://www.gotquestions.org/Bible-inspired.html
This is from an apologist website. I am sure that Catholic websites also have their own explanations. Did you check them out, or are you just exhibiting signs of confirmation bias?

1 Like

Re: Why Did The Vatican Remove 14 Books From The Bible In 1684? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:11pm On Sep 01, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
This is from an apologist website. I am sure that Catholic websites also have their own explanations. Did you check them out, or are you just exhibiting signs of confirmation bias?

Lol bro , it explains what it means for the bible to be inspired .
Re: Why Did The Vatican Remove 14 Books From The Bible In 1684? by Ranchhoddas: 11:19pm On Sep 01, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

I read the article. Nothing illuminating. Am I missing something?
Re: Why Did The Vatican Remove 14 Books From The Bible In 1684? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:26pm On Sep 01, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
I read the article. Nothing illuminating. Am I missing something?

Apparently you took a cursory glance at it . I wanted you to learn a few things - God did not author the bible , he inspired human authors to do it.

2 Timothy 3:16
16 All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness,
Re: Why Did The Vatican Remove 14 Books From The Bible In 1684? by CHARLOE(m): 11:26pm On Sep 01, 2016
opeaceo:

No, honestly, I don't Know. But it doesn't make sense. Death of the Sun?? Is the sun dead?
D usual ignorant xtian. D good tin bout u is ur sincerity.research, read, Google is ur friend, YouTube videos. Don't b scared, get informed. Ask urself ' y do I believe wat I believe?
Re: Why Did The Vatican Remove 14 Books From The Bible In 1684? by Ranchhoddas: 11:28pm On Sep 01, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Apparently you took a cursory glance at it . I wanted you to learn a few things - God did not author the bible , he inspired human authors to do it.

2 Timothy 3:16
16 All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness,
The point?
Re: Why Did The Vatican Remove 14 Books From The Bible In 1684? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:31pm On Sep 01, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
The point?

Some of the books removed may not have been divinely inspired wink
Re: Why Did The Vatican Remove 14 Books From The Bible In 1684? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:32pm On Sep 01, 2016
CHARLOE:

D usual ignorant xtian. D good tin bout u is ur sincerity.research, read, Google is ur friend, YouTube videos. Don't b scared, get informed. Ask urself ' y do I believe wat I believe?

Have you asked yourself that question undecided
Re: Why Did The Vatican Remove 14 Books From The Bible In 1684? by Ranchhoddas: 11:38pm On Sep 01, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Some of the books removed may not have been divinely inspired wink
Two billion Catholics disagree bro. And your use of the words 'some' and 'may' implies uncertainty. Remember that this book is supposed to be inerrant and of eternal ramifications.

1 Like

Re: Why Did The Vatican Remove 14 Books From The Bible In 1684? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:41pm On Sep 01, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Two billion Catholics disagree bro. And your use of the words 'some' and 'may' implies uncertainty. Remember that this book is supposed to be inerrant and of eternal ramifications.

1.2 billion actually approx 1 billion - sorry for the pedantry . I am not sure those books were divinely inspired but one thing is certain , I love the bible I've got .
Re: Why Did The Vatican Remove 14 Books From The Bible In 1684? by Edybleketara: 3:23am On Sep 02, 2016
Emmaesty:
I struggle to understand this. What will atheists gain in proving Christianity wrong? You guys already don't believe in God or do you need more reasons to soothe your conscience for not believing in God? The fact that you don't believe in God doesn't mean others shouldn't believe in him. We all have different lives to live, different paths to follow. Stay on the path you chose for yourself and let me stay on mine
Shut up and stop being hypocritical... What do u christians gain by calling atheists fools for not beleiving in God?? U call atheists all sorts of derogatory names and u want them to keep quiet. Hypocrite..

1 Like

Re: Why Did The Vatican Remove 14 Books From The Bible In 1684? by Emmaesty(f): 8:07am On Sep 02, 2016
Edybleketara:
Shut up and stop being hypocritical... What do u christians gain by calling atheists fools for not beleiving in God?? U call atheists all sorts of derogatory names and u want them to keep quiet. Hypocrite..
Somebody woke up on the wrong side of the bed today. So because Christians insult you, that's why you use all your spare time to research and claim that there's no God and even bring down the religion? Sounds like misplaced priority if you ask me. My dear take a chill pill and engage in something else worthwhile cos it won't benefit you if Christianity is wiped out(Christianity can't be wiped out sef) . What will you gain? An elevated ego? Smh
Re: Why Did The Vatican Remove 14 Books From The Bible In 1684? by Edybleketara: 4:16pm On Sep 02, 2016
Emmaesty:
Somebody woke up on the wrong side of the bed today. So because Christians insult you, that's why you use all your spare time to research and claim that there's no God and even bring down the religion? Sounds like misplaced priority if you ask me. My dear take a chill pill and engage in something else worthwhile cos it won't benefit you if Christianity is wiped out(Christianity can't be wiped out sef) . What will you gain? An elevated ego? Smh
A question u shuld ask urself. Its obvious u r feeling threatened by d way atheists r exposing the scam dat is religion..
Re: Why Did The Vatican Remove 14 Books From The Bible In 1684? by Emmaesty(f): 5:45pm On Sep 02, 2016
Edybleketara:
A question u shuld ask urself. Its obvious u r feeling threatened by d way atheists r exposing the scam dat is religion..
My dear, I'm not bothered about anything. I just feel you're taking this your atheism a Lil bit too seriously. Trust me you'll get to a stage where you will wonder why you wasted so much time trying to disprove the existence of God that you ended up not living. But before that, why not take a chill pill, relax and see life for what it really is.
Re: Why Did The Vatican Remove 14 Books From The Bible In 1684? by Edybleketara: 6:19pm On Sep 02, 2016
Emmaesty:
My dear, I'm not bothered about anything. I just feel you're taking this your atheism a Lil bit too seriously. Trust me you'll get to a stage where you will wonder why you wasted so much time trying to disprove the existence of God that you ended up not living. But before that, why not take a chill pill, relax and see life for what it really is.
We r accused of living a life without meaning and purpose, plus atheists r discriminated especially in dis part of d world, its only natural dat we defend ourselves. If dats difficult for u to understand, then its either u r a hypocrite or just plain ignorant..
Re: Why Did The Vatican Remove 14 Books From The Bible In 1684? by Emmaesty(f): 6:50pm On Sep 02, 2016
Edybleketara:
We r accused of living a life without meaning and purpose, plus atheists r discriminated especially in dis part of d world, its only natural dat we defend ourselves. If dats difficult for u to understand, then its either u r a hypocrite or just plain ignorant..
I smell hate
Re: Why Did The Vatican Remove 14 Books From The Bible In 1684? by Image123(m): 10:22pm On Sep 02, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Oaroloye disagrees.
The Bible agrees.
Re: Why Did The Vatican Remove 14 Books From The Bible In 1684? by Ranchhoddas: 10:47pm On Sep 02, 2016
Image123:

The Bible agrees.
Re: Why Did The Vatican Remove 14 Books From The Bible In 1684? by CHARLOE(m): 7:48pm On Sep 03, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Have you asked yourself that question undecided
Of course I have, that was wat set me on d path of research & discovery. U nko, have u?
Re: Why Did The Vatican Remove 14 Books From The Bible In 1684? by lacum: 8:17pm On Sep 03, 2016
All Catholic Bibles have the above books. Op shame on you. Go and look for the following Bibles: Goodnews, Christian community bible Douy Rheims, RSV Catholic edition New American Bible and other Catholic Bibles, you will fined all these books there. Pls close this thread. One word is enough for the wise.
Re: Why Did The Vatican Remove 14 Books From The Bible In 1684? by EyeHateGod: 10:11pm On Sep 03, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Re: Why Did The Vatican Remove 14 Books From The Bible In 1684? by EyeHateGod: 10:13pm On Sep 03, 2016
lacum:
All Catholic Bibles have the above books. Op shame on you. Go and look for the following Bibles: Goodnews, Christian community bible Douy Rheims, RSV Catholic edition New American Bible and other Catholic Bibles, you will fined all these books there. Pls close this thread. One word is enough for the wise.

Re: Why Did The Vatican Remove 14 Books From The Bible In 1684? by OPUSDEI1(m): 4:24pm On Sep 04, 2016
It appears the OP is finding it hard to admit his typo error or that he is Confused.
Re: Why Did The Vatican Remove 14 Books From The Bible In 1684? by Atheistan: 6:44pm On Sep 09, 2016
OPUSDEI1:
It appears the OP is finding it hard to admit his typo error or that he is Confused.

Am not confused, nor did I make a mistake!!!
am not expecting you change the lies you have been told since childhood within a short time, I know it takes.... from your name you seen to wish you belong to the 'opus dei'. well if not that the true knowledge in the Vatican archives has been filtered.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Is Atheist's Moral Grounding? / If The Adam And Eve Story Is True, It Means That Every Science Is Lie. / MYSTERIES Revealed........by Sis. Toun Praise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.