Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,124 members, 7,814,941 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:38 AM

Sacked Samuel Nlend Arrives Cameroon (pics) - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Sacked Samuel Nlend Arrives Cameroon (pics) (51879 Views)

Nigeria Vs Cameroon: 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifier 4 - 0 (Full Time) / Victorious Super Falcons Hosted In Lagos After Their Arrival From Cameroon. PICS / Samuel Nlend Sacked For Testing HIV Positive In Egypt (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sacked Samuel Nlend Arrives Cameroon (pics) by Anoruo(m): 5:27am On Sep 01, 2016
ekim004:
i think that egytian club should be banned. They lack an atom of ethics, he has aids z it sumtin u gon tell the world......sha wish d guy all the best with his short time on earth

What do you mean short time on earth? Everybody will die.
Re: Sacked Samuel Nlend Arrives Cameroon (pics) by justmenoni: 6:01am On Sep 01, 2016
No mind them, but are you surprised? Isn't it an arab or afro club They've killed the guy's moral as you can already seen from the pics

quote author=ekim004 post=48963906]i think that egytian club should be banned. They lack an atom of ethics, he has aids z it sumtin u gon tell the world......sha wish d guy all the best with his short time on earth[/quote]
Re: Sacked Samuel Nlend Arrives Cameroon (pics) by victorsexy: 6:41am On Sep 01, 2016
thank God the Egyptian didn't enslave him as they did to the Israelite.
Re: Sacked Samuel Nlend Arrives Cameroon (pics) by eyinjuege: 6:43am On Sep 01, 2016
midolian:
But truth be told, the guy looks very sick. I really feel for him.

Sick ke?

That guy looks as healthy as anything. He's just 21years old. He looks better than most undergrad that age.
But I'm sure emotionally, he's wrecked. He needs all the support he can get from friends, fans and his family.
Re: Sacked Samuel Nlend Arrives Cameroon (pics) by lurdkriss: 6:44am On Sep 01, 2016
ekim004:
i think that egytian club should be banned. They lack an atom of ethics, he has aids z it sumtin u gon tell the world......sha wish d guy all the best with his short time on earth
who says he has a short time on earth
He can still leave a normal life even longer than ppl without aids undecided
Re: Sacked Samuel Nlend Arrives Cameroon (pics) by eyinjuege: 6:51am On Sep 01, 2016
LorDBolton:
Go and waste money suing... the Egyptian club have the right to give reasons for termination of his contract.

Also football is a contact spot, or haven't ya'll seen clash of heads? Bloodied nose, gashed legs? Putting this guy on the pitch without informing his teammates and opponents amounts to criminal endangerment.

Like I said i'll like to see which court sanctions the club for carrying out its duty.

I think the problem is they disclosed his hiv status to the world.
They could simply have said they terminated his contract because he failed his Medicals. People can only speculate on what he failed in his Medicals, but the whole world won't know his status, unless he wants to disclose it himself.
They had a right to terminate his contract no doubt , but I'm not sure they have the right to disclose his hiv status. Though, they might have done that in ignorance, but ignorance is usually not an excuse in the law.

1 Like

Re: Sacked Samuel Nlend Arrives Cameroon (pics) by Oti4truth: 6:52am On Sep 01, 2016
ekim004:
Who told you that he has short time to live? Whether am +ve with any fucking diseases or not. Human being will part away this surface at the exact time he/she is destined to part.
Re: Sacked Samuel Nlend Arrives Cameroon (pics) by Bandeco(m): 7:07am On Sep 01, 2016
Oti4truth:

Who told you that he has short time to live? Whether am +ve with any fucking diseases or not. Human being will part away this surface at the exact time he/she is destined to part.
Nothing like "exact time destined to die" . Destined by who? We can die at anytime by disease, accident, suicide etc etc. Enfants die, toddlers die, adolescents die, adults die.
Re: Sacked Samuel Nlend Arrives Cameroon (pics) by grandstar(m): 7:11am On Sep 01, 2016
Is he 21 Is he 21
Re: Sacked Samuel Nlend Arrives Cameroon (pics) by Jacks14: 7:13am On Sep 01, 2016
Damalex4luv:
Nah God catch am... after he don Bleep those Cameroonians girls tired so he should now infect the Egyptians too with his HIV abi. The club has done the right thing and if you are not happy with it you can get him a job or better still tell him to come and be living with you.
u have said it all,This egyptian dey go do same even if na their fellow arab talkless of black guy frm cameroun.they dont hide what is wrong.
Re: Sacked Samuel Nlend Arrives Cameroon (pics) by tunde82seidat(f): 7:52am On Sep 01, 2016
ekim004:
. Who r u to decide he has a short time to live!I know many ppl living wt HIV dat v stayed 10 years n r still living so long dey take their ARV drugs seriously .pls b educated
Re: Sacked Samuel Nlend Arrives Cameroon (pics) by lordkhalifa(m): 8:06am On Sep 01, 2016
chie8:
Samuel Nlend, 21, is back in Cameroon, after being sacked by an Egyptian football club, Al Ittihad, for allegedly testing HIV positive during the club's standard medical test routine. 

The 21-year-old footballer's friends, teammates and fans came out in their numbers to welcome him back home. Cameroonians are reeling in anger and have called for the club to be sued for violating Samuel's right to privacy by making his HIV test results public. 

The SYNAFOC (Syndicat national des footballeurs camerounais) has even promised to take legal actions against the Egyptian club.

Nlend, is regarded as one of Cameroon’s brightest soccer prospects. He finished the last Cameroonian soccer league season as the top scorer with his former club, Union Douala. He also played and scored for the Cameroonian senior team at the African Nations Championship in Rwanda earlier this year.

Nlend's teamates are very happy to have him back and many have promised to give him all the moral support he needs to keep going in his career.

“We are happy to see our teammate in great shape because he is important for our team. We will put all of us together to work for good end of season. ”  Said David Eto’o

See photos of Nlend at the Douala International Airport...
Nlend and his teammates...

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2016/08/cameroonians-welcome-samuel-nlend-who.html
I give u 2months let's see if they can come close to u again
Re: Sacked Samuel Nlend Arrives Cameroon (pics) by lordkhalifa(m): 8:14am On Sep 01, 2016
he can be cure, Nothing is impossible before God, accept Jesus as ur lord and personal saviour, devout ur time to him. live healthier outside things of the world, visit synagogue church of all nation 7 times , go back and do HIV test if ur not negative, I will know I'm jot servings the living God
Re: Sacked Samuel Nlend Arrives Cameroon (pics) by Peacefulgold(m): 8:24am On Sep 01, 2016
ekim004:
Are u in dis world at all,which one is short time on earth,with right medication and drugs dat guy can outlive u and b more healthier Dan u all d days of his life,gone are those days hiv is a big threat...many people have it and are still living fine and healthy...so don't even think his life is short and urs guaranteed to b long..
Re: Sacked Samuel Nlend Arrives Cameroon (pics) by packagerz: 8:31am On Sep 01, 2016
By his strips,he is heal in jesus's name..
Re: Sacked Samuel Nlend Arrives Cameroon (pics) by mimee9(f): 9:12am On Sep 01, 2016
ekim004:
what makes you think his time on earth is short, are you God?
Re: Sacked Samuel Nlend Arrives Cameroon (pics) by DAramis: 9:43am On Sep 01, 2016
adedayoadedeji:

he is just emotionally unstable now. can imagine thoughts going through his mind.

True.

If it is a white guy, he might have committed suicide by now.

I just hope that he will overcome this setback.
Re: Sacked Samuel Nlend Arrives Cameroon (pics) by snowblaq(f): 9:54am On Sep 01, 2016
ekim004:
..he has HIV...not AIDs
Re: Sacked Samuel Nlend Arrives Cameroon (pics) by Jloveme(m): 11:15am On Sep 01, 2016
ekim004:

He doesn't av AIDs!!! He's HIV positive..Watch ur loud mouth!!!
Re: Sacked Samuel Nlend Arrives Cameroon (pics) by iamrealdeji(m): 11:19am On Sep 01, 2016
ireneony:
he looks 32 to me grin..
no normal 21 years old football player will catch hiv ...cos at 21, he does not care about women he will be more focused on his career... praying to get noticed and signed to a respectable club.

I did a little research on this guy. He already have a 6years old son grin
raw beauty Ireneony,what's up. Footballers and politicians,i no know which one dey lie pass
Re: Sacked Samuel Nlend Arrives Cameroon (pics) by iamrealdeji(m): 11:20am On Sep 01, 2016
andyanders:
Let them take him to Synagogue Church of All Nations and Prophet T. B. Joshua and he will be healed.If they can have faith and believe, it she be well with him.
really? Does TB heal hiv/aids patients?
Re: Sacked Samuel Nlend Arrives Cameroon (pics) by naijaboiy: 11:36am On Sep 01, 2016
LorDBolton:
Go and waste money suing... the Egyptian club have the right to give reasons for termination of his contract.

Also football is a contact spot, or haven't ya'll seen clash of heads? Bloodied nose, gashed legs? Putting this guy on the pitch without informing his teammates and opponents amounts to criminal endangerment.

Like I said i'll like to see which court sanctions the club for carrying out its duty.
There is something called right to privacy Oga. That which the Egyptian club had infringed on.
Re: Sacked Samuel Nlend Arrives Cameroon (pics) by LorDBolton(m): 4:12pm On Sep 01, 2016
naijaboiy:

There is something called right to privacy Oga. That which the Egyptian club had infringed on.

Oga dat his right to privacy ended when issue of aids became involved...

As u can see, he had a good medical and was signed... he was sacked after his hiv status was discovered.

Like I said football is a contact sport, it's like magic johnsons issue...he had two choices come out and tell the world or the club would do so...

I don't think HIV+ people are allowed to play football so what will he claim in professional damages?

Or is it emotional trauma? Guy the club can easily claim he gave them verbal permission to announce it.

Like I said, it's a hiv/aids issue, highly contagious so the club can also claim public interest. He's not the client to the doctor...the club is the client to the doc. thus the doctor/hospital also acted within his/their rights/laws by informing the club.

End of story.

I'm very sympathetic to his situation but I can't find any fault with the club...
Re: Sacked Samuel Nlend Arrives Cameroon (pics) by LorDBolton(m): 4:15pm On Sep 01, 2016
eyinjuege:

I think the problem is they disclosed his hiv status to the world.
They could simply have said they terminated his contract because he failed his Medicals. People can only speculate on what he failed in his Medicals, but the whole world won't know his status, unless he wants to disclose it himself.
They had a right to terminate his contract no doubt , but I'm not sure they have the right to disclose his hiv status. Though, they might have done that in ignorance, but ignorance is usually not an excuse in the law.

True... but the guy isn't the doctors principal client/patient the primary client is the football club.
The doc had every right to inform the football club who would then decide what next.

Sadly they took this path tho it's painful, I don't think they broke any law...truly it's for the courts to decide.

If na Egyptian court em carry the matter go then na waste of time... also I doubt that CAS. Can rule of such issues sef.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Chelsea Sack Thomas Tuchel / Chelsea 'could Face Points Deduction' Following The Brawl During Win Over Foxes / Emmanuel Adebayor Shows Off His Garage With Exotic Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.