Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,133 members, 7,821,872 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:40 PM

LAGOS Demolishes Shops In Ikoyi After Landlord Fails To Pay N40m Permit - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / LAGOS Demolishes Shops In Ikoyi After Landlord Fails To Pay N40m Permit (29066 Views)

Lagos State Government Demolishes Sabo Market, Ikorodu Overnight (Pics, Video) / BREAKING: Lagos Govt Demolishes Shops Near Ikeja Computer Village / Lagos State Govt Demolishes Oshodi Market (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

LAGOS Demolishes Shops In Ikoyi After Landlord Fails To Pay N40m Permit by oatzeal(m): 4:49pm On Sep 01, 2016
Lagos state govt demolishes shops in Ikoyi after landlord fails to pay N40m permit

[img]http://1.bp..com/-iKS1KSpldQk/V8hF4ojM0ZI/AAAAAAAKW9Y/XBBVo_GocYoRMwlfNNulCSl3IRn5DBq4QCLcB/s1600/1.png[/img]

Some shops were destroyed at Rumens road, Ikoyi by the Lagos State Government today, because the Landlord of the building allegedly failed to pay a 40 million naira permit. ....

The officials responsible for the demolition stated the Landlord was warned, but he failed to inform tenants. Narrating what happened, IG user maki.oh wrote,
"This is my country. This is Nigeria. @akinwunmiambode @lagosstategovt Who protects the small businesses trying to do HONEST work in this disgustingly corrupt nation? With no warning, @nulijuice and all the shops on this strip were bulldozed down because the landlord apparently did not pay a 40 million Naira permit.
The tenants found out about this this morning and 1 hr later their sweat and blood was turned rubble. No warning! How can this nation ever be great? We need to start a conversation about this mess. Who is next What has this nation ever done for SME's like us? Absolutely nothing but frustrate our efforts. But during your political campaigns you proudly advertise Maki Oh as one of the nation's exports. You have done nothing for us!!! How can we be great? This is not a country."
More photos and a video of the demolition below...

[img]http://2.bp..com/-gFxq7qjMtnc/V8hF5F2V1vI/AAAAAAAKW9c/zUbHnc7RbuQT5FLlJShPDglTnrqOIzTKgCLcB/s1600/2.png[/img]

[img]http://2.bp..com/-Y2EoPPtQccw/V8hF5OYTW8I/AAAAAAAKW9g/QNEU9eennAkxjkWKPrNW88rVKaeB6KF4ACLcB/s1600/3.png[/img]

WATCH VIDEO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2SP32Jdth0

SOURCE: http://www.nairanaijanews.com/2016/09/lagos-state-govt-demolishes-shops-in.html
Re: LAGOS Demolishes Shops In Ikoyi After Landlord Fails To Pay N40m Permit by oatzeal(m): 4:50pm On Sep 01, 2016
Hmmmm..... Not too fair

8 Likes

Re: LAGOS Demolishes Shops In Ikoyi After Landlord Fails To Pay N40m Permit by cliquevibes(m): 4:58pm On Sep 01, 2016
Which way naija
Re: LAGOS Demolishes Shops In Ikoyi After Landlord Fails To Pay N40m Permit by Raydos: 5:01pm On Sep 01, 2016
I am trying to Cry, but the tears is not coming

abeg who get robb?

5 Likes

Re: LAGOS Demolishes Shops In Ikoyi After Landlord Fails To Pay N40m Permit by josephine123: 5:19pm On Sep 01, 2016
democracy without mercy... [size=1pt]lalasticlala Seun [/size]

8 Likes

Re: LAGOS Demolishes Shops In Ikoyi After Landlord Fails To Pay N40m Permit by jmoore(m): 6:06pm On Sep 01, 2016
I just dey look una

7 Likes

Re: LAGOS Demolishes Shops In Ikoyi After Landlord Fails To Pay N40m Permit by gabazin080(m): 6:07pm On Sep 01, 2016
40 million permit for this buhari era. where dem want make the landlord get am from.

i just passed through the street now and its true.
thunder fire everyone that voted for change

56 Likes 1 Share

Re: LAGOS Demolishes Shops In Ikoyi After Landlord Fails To Pay N40m Permit by DesChyko: 6:07pm On Sep 01, 2016
Ignorance is bliss.

Enquire about the name of the owner of those shops and you'll hear it's wink. If you also inquire about the shop owners, it's also an identical wink. But I trust they'll not just give up despite this huge blow. It's their identity

What stops the government from taking over the stores legally, recoup their money and penalty through rents and walk away?

Now they spent money to demolish, will spend money to clear, spend money to develop another structure on them. Or greedily sell it to someone who owns properties on Banana Island.

54 Likes 1 Share

Re: LAGOS Demolishes Shops In Ikoyi After Landlord Fails To Pay N40m Permit by macaranta(m): 6:09pm On Sep 01, 2016
Too bad
Re: LAGOS Demolishes Shops In Ikoyi After Landlord Fails To Pay N40m Permit by bethyz(m): 6:09pm On Sep 01, 2016
Well no matter what happens now in Nigeria no one should be surprised. When you heard APC change what were you thinking. Change can happen anytime. Save money more than you spend. shocked

1 Like

Re: LAGOS Demolishes Shops In Ikoyi After Landlord Fails To Pay N40m Permit by dan55: 6:09pm On Sep 01, 2016
finally its true
Re: LAGOS Demolishes Shops In Ikoyi After Landlord Fails To Pay N40m Permit by Nobody: 6:10pm On Sep 01, 2016
For this kind time? That ain't cool... Anyway this is NAIJA we don't make the rules, so don't be surprise when shiits hits you.
Re: LAGOS Demolishes Shops In Ikoyi After Landlord Fails To Pay N40m Permit by Swizdom(m): 6:10pm On Sep 01, 2016
Why
Re: LAGOS Demolishes Shops In Ikoyi After Landlord Fails To Pay N40m Permit by sukkot: 6:10pm On Sep 01, 2016
this what i keep telling my ipad brothers, you can never own land in lagos. you are leasing it and the govt can bulldoze you out of the way anytime. yes you are the landlord but only temporarily. tinubu is not a stupid man

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: LAGOS Demolishes Shops In Ikoyi After Landlord Fails To Pay N40m Permit by LOGDAN(m): 6:11pm On Sep 01, 2016
This is not fair at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: LAGOS Demolishes Shops In Ikoyi After Landlord Fails To Pay N40m Permit by tejpot(m): 6:11pm On Sep 01, 2016
Absolute nonsense! You people just like carrying sensational news sha. Where on earth is it heard that you demolish a structure because of non compliance? It's total lie. There is more to the story and not this cock and bull story. In all my years of distraining I have not heard of demolition as a way to ensure compliance. There is even no single sticker to prove the point. Once again, lies! And some funny people will still chop d story as wise as they are

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: LAGOS Demolishes Shops In Ikoyi After Landlord Fails To Pay N40m Permit by oluwafreshkid(m): 6:11pm On Sep 01, 2016
Just cos some random IG user put up a video to spur emotions and sentiments doesn't mean it's true. Yes, the building was demolished. But for what reason? No one knows; at least not for now.
Don't y'all find it rather impossible for a govt to pull down a building just cos of permit? N40m?!
That landlord must have violated a set of building codes + he must ha been informed beforehand but he failed to relay the message to his tenants.

My opinion though. ... pending a press release from the government

11 Likes

Re: LAGOS Demolishes Shops In Ikoyi After Landlord Fails To Pay N40m Permit by Banwod1st(m): 6:12pm On Sep 01, 2016
This is so troubling and not too good of the state govt. Demolishing people's sweat without warning!!! U guys refuse to help us, we helping ourselves with the little we can do and u ar still destroying it....honestly speaking, i fear for this nation...

2 Likes

Re: LAGOS Demolishes Shops In Ikoyi After Landlord Fails To Pay N40m Permit by socrates007: 6:15pm On Sep 01, 2016
The government made an unwise decision by pullling down the shops.in sanner clime such would be taken over and given out as rent to those who are ready to do business.

2 Likes

Re: LAGOS Demolishes Shops In Ikoyi After Landlord Fails To Pay N40m Permit by ChinonsoDike2: 6:15pm On Sep 01, 2016
You monkeys can barely read. It wasn't Amaka's shop. She was a fashion designer the last time I checked. She was just bringing it to the notice of the public. Black, low IQ monkeys. This is why no black African country can achieve anything. You hustle backwards. You should be encouraging business owners not destroying them. Animals.

2 Likes

Re: LAGOS Demolishes Shops In Ikoyi After Landlord Fails To Pay N40m Permit by Smooth278(m): 6:16pm On Sep 01, 2016
Jeez, what a heartless act!!! #wickednessinhighplaces

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: LAGOS Demolishes Shops In Ikoyi After Landlord Fails To Pay N40m Permit by DesChyko: 6:16pm On Sep 01, 2016
sukkot:
this what i keep telling my ipad brothers, you can never own land in lagos. you are leasing it and the govt can bulldoze you out of the way anytime. yes you are the landlord but only temporarily. tinubu is not a stupid man

Believing in one Nigeria doesn't make one stupid. And not giving others a sense of belonging still doesn't make one stupid. Is that what you are saying?

5 Likes

Re: LAGOS Demolishes Shops In Ikoyi After Landlord Fails To Pay N40m Permit by donbenedict(m): 6:17pm On Sep 01, 2016
Why didn't the landlord inform the tenants of the upcoming developments?
Re: LAGOS Demolishes Shops In Ikoyi After Landlord Fails To Pay N40m Permit by biggie73(m): 6:17pm On Sep 01, 2016
josephine123:
democracy without mercy... [size=1pt]lalasticlala Seun [/size]
.....that is APC's logo. So typical of Tinubu's party.

2 Likes

Re: LAGOS Demolishes Shops In Ikoyi After Landlord Fails To Pay N40m Permit by jsb(m): 6:17pm On Sep 01, 2016
I am sure the owner is a PDP chieftain...he was warned.
Re: LAGOS Demolishes Shops In Ikoyi After Landlord Fails To Pay N40m Permit by Owode1: 6:18pm On Sep 01, 2016
Huhh
Re: LAGOS Demolishes Shops In Ikoyi After Landlord Fails To Pay N40m Permit by kenbee(f): 6:18pm On Sep 01, 2016
Hei
Re: LAGOS Demolishes Shops In Ikoyi After Landlord Fails To Pay N40m Permit by neonly: 6:18pm On Sep 01, 2016
I hate Nigeria
Re: LAGOS Demolishes Shops In Ikoyi After Landlord Fails To Pay N40m Permit by ChinonsoDike2: 6:19pm On Sep 01, 2016
sukkot:

If that's the game, then they should be allowed to form their own country without interference.

16 Likes

Re: LAGOS Demolishes Shops In Ikoyi After Landlord Fails To Pay N40m Permit by haibe(m): 6:20pm On Sep 01, 2016
Omg this is very harsh!! Was any notice given before this?
Re: LAGOS Demolishes Shops In Ikoyi After Landlord Fails To Pay N40m Permit by Proffdada: 6:20pm On Sep 01, 2016
Do they have to demolish everything in sight, why not evict the tenants and shut the place down?
Government and destruction.. ...

Re: LAGOS Demolishes Shops In Ikoyi After Landlord Fails To Pay N40m Permit by Sweetcollins: 6:21pm On Sep 01, 2016
Chai this is incredible and un-called for

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Alhaji Aliko Dangote: What do you know about him? / Guidelines For Importing Goods Into Nigeria (clearing Your Goods) / First Bank Ado-ekiti On Fire (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.