Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,668 members, 7,955,423 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 05:07 AM

Nigerian Churches And Noise Pollution - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nigerian Churches And Noise Pollution (7585 Views)

Church Members Arrested During Service For Noise Pollution In Lagos / Nigerian Churches, Others Causing Increased Witchcraft Persecution In UK – Group / 79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Churches And Noise Pollution by English1(f): 10:08am On Dec 20, 2006
Hey everyone let's cool it down. I didn't mean to offend anyone when I said Nigerian style worship freaks me out, I was just saying that is the effect it has on me. As I am not a member of an African church then so what? It's none of my business how you do things and I'm not saying there is anything wrong with it. It's just different. smiley I can see how you could find English church services boring. Most English people do too! cheesy

The original question was 'should churches disturb those around them?'

Shall we get back to that?
Re: Nigerian Churches And Noise Pollution by Pamperme: 10:39am On Dec 20, 2006
I am a xtian, but i find it hard 2 understand y u will disturb oda pples peace coz u are praying 2 God, wat baffles me most is wen i asked a friend y dey are making so much noise in their church, she told me "the kingdom of God suffereth violence and the violent taketh it by force" It's so painful that these so call churches doesnt even preach the gospel any more, no more salvation to the lost souls but they are more concern abt killing their enemies(which they av bn killing for years now) and making money. shocked shocked

At the back of my house, we av a calabar church (in lagos) that speaks their language alone and they beat drums like it's masquerade festival in the middle of the night. Oh! wen it is around 5am and we are just planning to sleep, the mosque in my street will start the call to prayer by 5am and on Fridays , dey dont stop till 7am. All in the name of worshipping God. angry angry

In Nigeria today, we av no choice coz the level of our lawlessness in this country is alarming and only God can save us

Cant we just learn 2 pray quietly? cry cry
Re: Nigerian Churches And Noise Pollution by lafile(m): 4:40pm On Dec 20, 2006
Let me paint a picture. At 401 road Festac Town, Lagos, a street dotted with Blocks of flats about 35 of them. Each block has 16 flats of 2 and 3 bedrooms. on this street, there are 4 churches. An anglican church holds its services [sunday and midweek] in one of these Blocks , using the balcony of two flats on the ground floor and canopies for services. These services are complete with PA systems, drums, keyboard and bass. There are also two churches using canopies behind two blocks on the same street, off course with PA systems and the works. There is also an interdenominational prayer meeting held in one flat on the same street. Not counting the mosque on the same street.

Noise pollution? Not defined in thye Nigerian psyche
Re: Nigerian Churches And Noise Pollution by dennylove(m): 7:52pm On Dec 22, 2006
by the way,WHO PASTE THIS TOPIC
HOLYGHOST GO BURN THE PERSON MOUTH> shocked angry cheesy embarassed
Re: Nigerian Churches And Noise Pollution by superman(m): 9:14pm On Dec 22, 2006
haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Re: Nigerian Churches And Noise Pollution by mrmayor(m): 9:38pm On Dec 22, 2006
dennylove:

by the way,WHO PASTE THIS TOPIC
HOLYGHOST GO BURN THE PERSON MOUTH> shocked angry cheesy embarassed

And your point is WHAT?, Self Righteous Spunk Ball sad sad sad
Re: Nigerian Churches And Noise Pollution by exu(m): 10:09pm On Dec 24, 2006
gbade. x:

@exu:

Once again, if you don't want lip, then don't give lip, y'nah mean? [no homo].

Huh?

Anyone who speaks like this doesn't deserve to be taken seriously.

Another example of this unfortunate brand of English:

I only use them when mofos like u run them mouth when it comes to religion.
Re: Nigerian Churches And Noise Pollution by gbadex1(m): 6:00am On Dec 25, 2006
Mo raye tiyen si. to' ba wu e, ko ma lo k'oyinbo. bimpe iwo nikan lo m'oyinbo. Bo ya sepe to maa n mu yen l'on da e la mu.
Re: Nigerian Churches And Noise Pollution by superman(m): 6:03am On Dec 25, 2006
na japanise ? sori im nigerian dnt understand
Re: Nigerian Churches And Noise Pollution by exu(m): 4:22pm On Dec 25, 2006
gbade. x:

Mo raye tiyen si. to' ba wu e, ko ma lo k'oyinbo. bimpe iwo nikan lo m'oyinbo. Bo ya sepe to maa n mu yen l'on da e la mu.

Ok.

I have no idea what that meant but have a happy Christmas.
Re: Nigerian Churches And Noise Pollution by dennylove(m): 10:33pm On Dec 25, 2006
EXU,let me break it down 4 you,
i don't have your time,
if you like go and learn english
as if you are the only one that knows english
may be that ogogoro that you takes
is deceiving you. get that? happy new!!!!!!!! grin cheesy cool
Re: Nigerian Churches And Noise Pollution by exu(m): 11:04pm On Dec 25, 2006
I hope this isn't a case of someone posting under two different usernames.

That's just sad.

Whoever you are I have no idea what you're talking about.

This:
dennylove:

EXU,let me break it down 4 you,
i don't have your time,
if you like go and learn english
as if you are the only one that knows english
may be that ogogoro that you takes
is deceiving you. get that? happy new!!!!!!!! grin cheesy cool

, somehow made even less sense than whatever was written the first time around.
Re: Nigerian Churches And Noise Pollution by superman(m): 1:06am On Dec 26, 2006
i guess we had enough of fools in 2006 . not in 007 hell no
Re: Nigerian Churches And Noise Pollution by stunatic(m): 7:02am On Dec 26, 2006
is it true that miracles on tv in nija is banned, if it is i support am, too much miracle is killing people, now adays when person no fit mess them go deh find miracle
Re: Nigerian Churches And Noise Pollution by gbadex1(m): 10:59am On Dec 26, 2006
@exu:

see dis mugu o. Ogbeni wa gbo o, mo raye tiye se. Awon onisepe la raye tiye. Abi won ran e simi ni? O da bin pe eba ati ito ewure to je yo lana l'on soro, k'on se wo. sa sa gbabe, ma da s'oro mi mo, mo de ni da si tiye mo, so gbo? Fun ara ren brain o?!. Merry Christmas, always remember the reason for the season. . . .and don't hate!!

@superman:

see me see monkey o! Wetin concern u, concern me? Abi which kain craze-person u be? Wetin concern agbero wit overload? Omo, no dey show yaself o!
Re: Nigerian Churches And Noise Pollution by gbadex1(m): 11:03am On Dec 26, 2006
@exu:

oh one more thing, dennylove was only interpreting what i said, so don't get ur nuts in a twist.
Re: Nigerian Churches And Noise Pollution by gbadex1(m): 11:05am On Dec 26, 2006
@exu:

oh one more thing, dennylove was only interpreting what i said, so don't get ur nuts in a twist.
Re: Nigerian Churches And Noise Pollution by superman(m): 6:04pm On Dec 26, 2006
it be like the put sand for that ewudu u de chop for x-mas! na waaooo ! na so monkie de snatch person banana for road! i no easy! ha
Re: Nigerian Churches And Noise Pollution by exu(m): 10:10pm On Dec 27, 2006
see this mugu o. Ogbeni wa gbo o, mo raye tiye se. Awon onisepe la raye tiye. Abi won ran e simi ni? O da bin pe eba ati ito ewure to je yo lana l'on soro, k'on se wo. sa sa gbabe, ma da s'oro mi mo, mo de ni da si tiye mo, so gbo? Fun ara ren brain o?!. Merry Christmas, always remember the reason for the season. . . .and don't hate!!

What the hell does that mean?

The key to a discussion is to talk a language both parties understand.
Re: Nigerian Churches And Noise Pollution by gbadex1(m): 10:33pm On Dec 27, 2006
^ Look here screwball, i can say whatever the schmuck i want to say, be it in Latin, Greek, Yoruba, Hausa, Ibo, Efik! If you don't understand jack, then go suck your thumb in a corner. Or better still ask dennylove for interpretation.

Ko tu wa bami ma so' sokuso, alagbere.
Re: Nigerian Churches And Noise Pollution by superman(m): 12:35am On Dec 28, 2006
go to kenya forum pls

this is nigerian forum
Re: Nigerian Churches And Noise Pollution by GL(f): 1:02am On Dec 28, 2006
I dont believe in noisy prayers, i prefer to talk to God quietly. However, we africans (or at least, Nigerians) are generally noisy so it isn't like it is a church thing. our parties are very noisy too.
Re: Nigerian Churches And Noise Pollution by stunatic(m): 7:13am On Dec 28, 2006
The most annoying part is when they pretend to be speaking in tongues, that shit annoys me when they lie, and when they act like say holy ghost take over their seh when they get home they go go ask mam ngozi for the money weh she owe them
Re: Nigerian Churches And Noise Pollution by Eurphoria(f): 4:38pm On Dec 28, 2006
Mr mayor what did i tell you about this thread? see? anyways Happy Newyear

@Gbade how are you? and a happy Newyear to you kiss
Re: Nigerian Churches And Noise Pollution by gbadex1(m): 4:51pm On Dec 28, 2006
. . .And a Happy New Year to you Eurphoria!!! How are ya? Been a long time. How are ya coping with Sista? cheesy (Psyche! Just playin' with ya mind! cheesy)
Re: Nigerian Churches And Noise Pollution by Eurphoria(f): 5:12pm On Dec 28, 2006
coping very well my luvv, not a problem wink how was the turkey, chicken, duck,ham,etc which ever you had cheesy. Have a good one this Newyears ok, thats an order wink
Re: Nigerian Churches And Noise Pollution by gbadex1(m): 5:59pm On Dec 28, 2006
Lol, chicken was good. By 27th, Actually got sick n tired from eating too many. My toilet had to go into surgery when it was visited for 6 hours non-stop cheesy cheesy !
Re: Nigerian Churches And Noise Pollution by gbadex1(m): 6:00pm On Dec 28, 2006
Lol, chicken was good. By 27th, Actually got sick n tired from eating too many. My toilet had to go into surgery when it was visited for 6 hours non-stop cheesy cheesy !
Re: Nigerian Churches And Noise Pollution by Eurphoria(f): 6:43pm On Dec 28, 2006
eeew you dirty beggar. Too much info bighead cheesy
Re: Nigerian Churches And Noise Pollution by mrmayor(m): 6:53pm On Dec 28, 2006
Eurphoria,

I had no intension of annoying anyone about this thread neither did I want usual Religious War on Nairaland.Nigerians it seems can't discuss religious issues without it disintegrating to all out war.I'll take your advice next time,thanks.

Happy New Year to you Darling,have fun cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigerian Churches And Noise Pollution by superman(m): 1:13am On Dec 29, 2006
na lie that gal is a devil s workshop!
Re: Nigerian Churches And Noise Pollution by Christino(m): 1:26am On Dec 29, 2006
@ Gbade.x
Hope u had a great xmas. I've had enough chops to last for 3 months. I'm still in the toilet, i live there now grin and it autoflushes every 10 minutes, but i'm out of air spray, send one 2 me if u can grin cheesy

@ Topic,

i'm the type who doesn't close my eyes when I pray and who also does not open his mouth. I don't like to clap and I don't like to dance. As a matter of fact the only type of churches that fit in are:

The Scientific Church of Christ and THe Seventh Day Adventists. (Adventists don't use drum set, strictly string instruments - no clapping, no dancing wotsoeva) The longest prayer session I ever witnessed in an Adventist Church lasted 10 minutes. (I've not been to the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, neither have I been to the Assumpion or the Mormons but i'll do that sometime in 2007, I like to see things for myself! cheesy)

The fact that most churches don't feel comfortable until they have the best sound system operating "OUTSIDE" of the church is a huge disgrace. Since churches now register with the Federal Government as Companies, they should be compelled to install Sound Proof systems as well. I don't know much about mosques, but whenever they do their vigil or Asalatu, it's equally hell, i'm sure they inherited that from their Christian Brothers. cheesy

I stay in an Area where you have a Church for every 5 gates, Friday nights and Sunday Mornings are Off days for me. I can't sleep, I can't read, I cant even watch TV. I'm thinking of getting a 7,000 Watts subwoofer so I can listen to something personal or else, i'll have to listen to some kind of music/program I rarely dream of.

I'm not discriminating here, hey, if i attend your church and don't dance or sing, you have every right to walk me out cheesy
You'll have to tell me where Jesus/David danced in the church in the bible. Now we eat, and do all sorts of things in the premises, dotcom xtians sef? The Church is incomplete without joyful noises unto the Lord, Oga o.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Deal With An Atheist Child / Love Making In Dream / Dear Lord, Answer This Prayer.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.