Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,875 members, 7,817,575 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:44 PM

PDP To Adeosun: Apologise To Nigerians For Your Insensitive Comment On Recession - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP To Adeosun: Apologise To Nigerians For Your Insensitive Comment On Recession (16731 Views)

Sheriff & Kashamu's Followers Decamp From PDP To Mega Party Of Nigeria (Photos) / Angry Nigerians Blast Bayo Onanuga Over Insensitive Post / Amaechi's Claims On Recession Under Jonathan, 7,000MW Under PMB False – TheCable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP To Adeosun: Apologise To Nigerians For Your Insensitive Comment On Recession by Nobody: 11:30pm On Sep 01, 2016
The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has asked the minister of finance, Kemi Adeosun, to apologise to Nigerians over a comment credited to her on the current state of the nation’s economy.

Minister of Finance,Kemi Adeosun Recall that the minister had on Wednesday, tweeted on her twitter handle that: “the strongest of all warriors are these two, Time and Patience. I know people are concerned about recession. Recession is a word…”

However, the PDP through its Director of New Media, Deji Adeyanju, in a statement yesterday, said Adeosun’s statement was not only out of place but also “insensitive” insisting that she should tender an unreserved apology to Nigerians.

The party expressed shock that the comment was made on the same day the National Bureau of Statistics (NBS) released a report stating that 4,580,602 people have lost their jobs since President Muhammadu Buhari assumed office on May 29, 2015.

“We urge Mrs. Adeosun to apologise for her insensitive comments, to stop speaking like a motivational speaker and act like the Minister of Finance that she is.
‎Mrs. Kemi Adeosun’s statement Wednesday was an out of line and insensitive attempt at signalling.

“Her comments fly against the reality of rising food costs, parents withdrawing children from schools due to fee increments, rising transportation costs, rents and other such everyday expenditure.

“Her comments are an insult to suffering Nigerians and make mockery of the pain we bear as a result of the sheer incompetence and lack of ability of the Muhammadu Buhari administration of which she is an integral part.

“Contrary to her belief, recession is not just a word. It’s a horrible reality for millions of Nigerians who face increasing difficulty in putting food on the table and meeting basic everyday financial obligations.‎ While 4,580,602 may seem like a statistic, these are real people with real responsibilities,” the party said.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/09/pdp-tells-adeosun-apologise-to-nigerians-for-your-insensitive-comment-on-recession/

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: PDP To Adeosun: Apologise To Nigerians For Your Insensitive Comment On Recession by BeeBeeOoh(m): 11:30pm On Sep 01, 2016
No Nigerian Is Suffering- Femi Adesina

55 Likes

Re: PDP To Adeosun: Apologise To Nigerians For Your Insensitive Comment On Recession by HungerBAD: 11:32pm On Sep 01, 2016
PDP actually owe Nigeria an Apology for the 16 yrs of stealing.

What is the guy below me talking about?

35 Likes 5 Shares

Re: PDP To Adeosun: Apologise To Nigerians For Your Insensitive Comment On Recession by Nobody: 11:33pm On Sep 01, 2016
PDP is right, but I know some people will be blinded by their irrational hatred for PDP by trying to refute their assertions.

At least, they should stop concentrating on who is talking rather than what is being said.

136 Likes 7 Shares

Re: PDP To Adeosun: Apologise To Nigerians For Your Insensitive Comment On Recession by Nasa28(m): 11:38pm On Sep 01, 2016
Waiting for her to apologize is like waiting for Goat to lay eggs.

this government and pride are 5 & 6

75 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PDP To Adeosun: Apologise To Nigerians For Your Insensitive Comment On Recession by luvinhubby(m): 11:40pm On Sep 01, 2016
HungerBAD:

And we were buying new cars, building new houses and having very decent meals in those 16yrs of 'stealing'. If that type of 'stealing' made life easier for us compare to the hell Nigerians are seeing under this saint APC, then return the PDP for us we beg.

187 Likes 17 Shares

Re: PDP To Adeosun: Apologise To Nigerians For Your Insensitive Comment On Recession by inme: 11:40pm On Sep 01, 2016
This shiittt is gettin realer
Re: PDP To Adeosun: Apologise To Nigerians For Your Insensitive Comment On Recession by Nasa28(m): 11:40pm On Sep 01, 2016
HungerBAD:

are u okay with wat is going on in Nigeria

my guy grow up and leave sentiment alone. stop talking about Name of party cos 80% of APC were once in PDP. so who do you think are the PDP and APC. they are the same

119 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PDP To Adeosun: Apologise To Nigerians For Your Insensitive Comment On Recession by Nobody: 11:41pm On Sep 01, 2016
Fixed
HungerBAD:
APC actually owe Nigeria an Apology and Resignation for the 15+ months of Nepotism, Incompetence, Selective corruption fight, Reneging on promises, inconclusive elections and so on

This is my objective opinion, thanks.

71 Likes 4 Shares

Re: PDP To Adeosun: Apologise To Nigerians For Your Insensitive Comment On Recession by BeeBeeOoh(m): 11:41pm On Sep 01, 2016
HungerBAD:

Are you not tired of this your song, don't you think it's now stale?? Besides,

People like Obasanjo, El-rufai, Amechi, Atiku, Kwankwaso & co. are they also among those that are going to write apology letter to Nigeria & Nigerians??

81 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP To Adeosun: Apologise To Nigerians For Your Insensitive Comment On Recession by Nobody: 11:44pm On Sep 01, 2016
NBS Report: Nigeria In Worst Possible Time, Says Adeosun https://www.nairaland.com/3321759/nbs-report-nigeria-worst-possible
Re: PDP To Adeosun: Apologise To Nigerians For Your Insensitive Comment On Recession by luvinhubby(m): 11:45pm On Sep 01, 2016
4.5 million additional jobless youths, 270 closed down companies, N420 -$1, fuel 145, diesel - 220, is just a mere word to Mrs Adeosun.

We do not need her apology, APC should just go away.

62 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP To Adeosun: Apologise To Nigerians For Your Insensitive Comment On Recession by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:45pm On Sep 01, 2016
blueto:
Fixed

You nailed it .

16 Likes

Re: PDP To Adeosun: Apologise To Nigerians For Your Insensitive Comment On Recession by Nobody: 11:49pm On Sep 01, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

You nailed it .
Thanks. someone once said Zombiesm is worst than Terrorism. and I think that statement is being Justified.

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PDP To Adeosun: Apologise To Nigerians For Your Insensitive Comment On Recession by Nobody: 11:53pm On Sep 01, 2016
Re: PDP To Adeosun: Apologise To Nigerians For Your Insensitive Comment On Recession by Dcomrade(m): 11:54pm On Sep 01, 2016
HungerBAD:

Seriously I like your courage in defending this government even Garba Shehu and others will be jealous.

But honestly, it will be very stupid of u if u ain't posting from inside Aso Rock Villa, at least so we know Aisha Rice is keeping you going undecided

103 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP To Adeosun: Apologise To Nigerians For Your Insensitive Comment On Recession by lytech1(m): 11:59pm On Sep 01, 2016
HungerBAD:

What's this one saying!!!

27 Likes

Re: PDP To Adeosun: Apologise To Nigerians For Your Insensitive Comment On Recession by rusher14: 12:21am On Sep 02, 2016
Which faction of the thieving party made this pronouncement?

A party that emptied the coffers thinks it has a say on how to manage.

Wonders shall never cease.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP To Adeosun: Apologise To Nigerians For Your Insensitive Comment On Recession by menxer: 4:24am On Sep 02, 2016
PDP sef, have they apologized for their actions and inactions (that speaks louder that words) that failed to maximize the oil boom to better the nation in their tenure?
What moral justification do they have?

Oooooh, I get it, they are politically justified.
Re: PDP To Adeosun: Apologise To Nigerians For Your Insensitive Comment On Recession by Standing5(m): 4:38am On Sep 02, 2016
Nasa28:

[s]

are u okay with wat is going on in Nigeria

my guy grow up and leave sentiment alone. stop talking about Name of party cos 80% of APC were once in PDP. so who do you think are the PDP and APC. they are the same[/s]

1 Like

Re: PDP To Adeosun: Apologise To Nigerians For Your Insensitive Comment On Recession by blackpanda: 4:39am On Sep 02, 2016
[s]
luvinhubby:

And we were buying new cars, building new houses and having very decent meals in those 16yrs of 'stealing'. If that type if 'stealing' made life easier for us compare to the hell Nigerians are seeing under this saint APC, then return the PDP for us.
[/s]

Are u ok

1 Like

Re: PDP To Adeosun: Apologise To Nigerians For Your Insensitive Comment On Recession by chemicalDisease: 4:39am On Sep 02, 2016
HungerBAD:

programmed zombie

Are u still not tired of this blame game?
Is Nigeria 16 yrs?

35 Likes

Re: PDP To Adeosun: Apologise To Nigerians For Your Insensitive Comment On Recession by 989900: 4:40am On Sep 02, 2016
First time the PDP will talk with sense in a long while.

4 Likes

Re: PDP To Adeosun: Apologise To Nigerians For Your Insensitive Comment On Recession by Pavarottii(m): 4:53am On Sep 02, 2016
I just hope d zombies here will focus on d message and not d messenger.

Nigerians are really suffering now. Does she know wat it means to loose a job at this kind of period?

13 Likes

Re: PDP To Adeosun: Apologise To Nigerians For Your Insensitive Comment On Recession by MossadAgent: 7:15am On Sep 02, 2016
989900:
First time the PDP will talk with sense in a long while.

No wailing form for you.

How far with the China currency deal you were promoting here?

Yeye

29 Likes

Re: PDP To Adeosun: Apologise To Nigerians For Your Insensitive Comment On Recession by ManMountain(m): 7:20am On Sep 02, 2016
What is Deji Adeyanju?
Re: PDP To Adeosun: Apologise To Nigerians For Your Insensitive Comment On Recession by Nobody: 7:55am On Sep 02, 2016
Re: PDP To Adeosun: Apologise To Nigerians For Your Insensitive Comment On Recession by AsoRockz01(m): 7:59am On Sep 02, 2016
HungerBAD:

Anyday you will say something meaningful about the state of the Nation without mentioning PDP then I will know you're matured. If you continue mentioning PDP upandan,bros I swear you no go progress.
Have even been born 16years ago?
Men like you don't accept their responsibility.

Worst of all be say you go just balance for FTC dey talk boosit.

18 Likes

Re: PDP To Adeosun: Apologise To Nigerians For Your Insensitive Comment On Recession by 989900: 8:02am On Sep 02, 2016
MossadAgent:

[s]No wailing form for you.

How far with the China currency deal you were promoting here?

Yeye[/s]
Re: PDP To Adeosun: Apologise To Nigerians For Your Insensitive Comment On Recession by Sunnycliff(m): 8:29am On Sep 02, 2016
PDP una opposition lacks objectivity!
Who her apology epp?
You guys in pdp should come up with something better and not this thrash!
Re: PDP To Adeosun: Apologise To Nigerians For Your Insensitive Comment On Recession by StephanieLuv(f): 8:30am On Sep 02, 2016
luvinhubby:
4.5 million additional jobless youths, 270 closed down companies, N420 -$1, fuel 145, diesel - 220, is just a mere word to Mrs Adeosun.
We do not need her apology, APC should just go away.

And counting.......

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Buhari’s Government Investigated Kemi Adeosun’s NYSC Certificate Scandal / Senator Ndume Submitted Forged Documents To Bail Maina From Prison - Sahara R. / Imo Deputy Governor Resigns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.