Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,182 members, 7,849,662 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 07:24 AM

Nobody Can Islamise Nigeria: W. F Kumuyi - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nobody Can Islamise Nigeria: W. F Kumuyi (364 Views)

Muslims Have A Right To Islamise Nigeria - Emmanuel Adetoyese Badejo / Nobody Can Islamise Nigeria - Pastor Kumuyi / Hell Will Be Hotter For Deeper Life Sinners - W.F. Kumuyi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nobody Can Islamise Nigeria: W. F Kumuyi by IsThisChange: 7:26am On Sep 02, 2016
General Overseer of Deeper Life Bible Church, Pastor William Kumuyi, has said that no individual or government can Islamise Nigeria.

Pastor Kumuyi stated this on Thursday, while fielding questions from newsmen shortly after arriving the Margaret Ekpo International Airport, Calabar, for a crusade in the South-South Zone.

He said nobody can impose a religion on a country without the collective will of the people.

The man of God said, “is it possible to also Christianise Nigeria? I think it depends on the will of the people; you cannot impose a religion on a country without the will or backing of the people. Worshiping God is personal thing, so you can do any legitimate thing with your religion, Islamising a country takes a process.”

Kumuyi said for the continuous existence of Nigeria as one indivisible nation, Nigerians must learn to respect each other’s religious values, which according to him had been one of the major problems bedeviling the country.
According to him: “Christianity nor Islam does not advocate killing of people. Love for our neighbours is very important. We should think and understand that we need to respect each other religious values. People should be allowed to make their own choices.”

This came as he expressed optimism that Nigeria would soon overcome its present economic woes.

Kumuyi said the current economic recession would make Nigeria stronger and called on the federal government to come up with a realistic economic blueprint that would turn the tide around for good.

“I believe that there’s always going to be a way out of the present economic situation. When you think about situations like this there are different avenues that reach to a climax, so we must have gotten it wrong somewhere but I won’t say this is the particular place that we got it wrong.

“I believe that as a nation there’s still going to be a way out of our present difficult economic situation and I am encouraging the people that no matter the situation, things can still be better, ‘’, he added.

http://tribuneonlineng.com/nobody-can-islamise-nigeria-kumuyi/

Re: Nobody Can Islamise Nigeria: W. F Kumuyi by AsoRockz01(m): 7:47am On Sep 02, 2016
This is a man of God that has clearly differentiated between Nation building and ppolitics.
He doesn't speak until he is asked and he doesn't go about calling people in Government names like one man from the east that has lost his voice. A reverend for that matter.
Ekushe sir. I pray for more grace upon your life.
DCLM: your spiritual welfare is our concern.
Re: Nobody Can Islamise Nigeria: W. F Kumuyi by Emycord: 7:57am On Sep 02, 2016
We Christians love to live in denials. Nigeria has already been Islamized. Or are we waiting till they say Arabic is our official language. Or ask us to teach only Arabic and ask us only to go to mosque and close all church even Saudi can't do such. But the fact that Christians can't practice in nigerian state makes Christianity and Christians endangered religion/people a situation where only moose-slims are free to practice is islamisation
Re: Nobody Can Islamise Nigeria: W. F Kumuyi by KEZDON(m): 8:11am On Sep 02, 2016
Are u sure Sir

Cos I dunno what's going on in dis country now

#Who will love my country

(1) (Reply)

The Sure Solution / Revelation From Kafanchan Kaduna State / How Fire Is Used To Demonstrate Creation And Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.