Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,866 members, 7,810,298 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:21 AM

Instagrammers Bragged About Cruise To ‘peaceful’ Place. Then Cops Found 95 Kilos - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Instagrammers Bragged About Cruise To ‘peaceful’ Place. Then Cops Found 95 Kilos (922 Views)

Man Falls Into A River During Peaceful Protest In Cameroon (Disturbing Photo) / Photos Egypt Palm Sunday Explosion That Killed 37 & Injuring 95 / BREAKING! Yet Another Murder By Racist Cops In Amerika (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Instagrammers Bragged About Cruise To ‘peaceful’ Place. Then Cops Found 95 Kilos by Deepfreezer(m): 8:42am On Sep 02, 2016
Their first Irish coffee was in Cobh, a seaport town in Ireland.
Their first photo bomb was in New York's Times Square.

The first tans the Canadian women showed off during their epic trip came in a photo taken on a Bermuda beach, where one of them wrote in a caption: "Gone to a place very peaceful • leave a message after the tone."

Isabelle Lagace, 28, and Melina Roberge, 22, turned their public Instagram feeds into travel journals, filling them with boasts about their intercontinental adventures on the MS Sea Princess, a cruise ship bound for Australia.

But their journey came to an abrupt end after the ship berthed in Sydney Harbour: It was there the women were arrested Sunday along with a 63-year-old man named Andre Tamine.

Australian Federal Police said in a statement that the three Canadians — who were not named in the statement, but have been identified by local news media — were caught smuggling 95 kilograms of cocaine into the country.

On Monday, the trio appeared in court in Sydney, charged with importing a commercial quantity of cocaine, which carries a maximum penalty of life in prison, authorities said.

The street value of the cocaine, which authorities said was found packed in suitcases: about $23 million.

Australian Border Force Commander Tim Fitzgerald said it was the largest seizure of narcotics carried by passengers of a cruise ship or airliner into the country, according to the Associated Press.

Traveling is one thing," Roberge wrote on Instagram. "But traveling with an open mind, ready to taste everything, see everything, learn everything and get yourself out of your comfort zone ... is probably the best therapy and lesson ever. I used to be afraid to get out of my little town and now I feel like I don't want to see that little town anymore cause it's beautiful out there and it's sooo worth it

Re: Instagrammers Bragged About Cruise To ‘peaceful’ Place. Then Cops Found 95 Kilos by Deepfreezer(m): 8:43am On Sep 02, 2016
I wish this girls luck on their trials.

Re: Instagrammers Bragged About Cruise To ‘peaceful’ Place. Then Cops Found 95 Kilos by Deepfreezer(m): 8:45am On Sep 02, 2016
As if she knew they weren't coming back soon.

Re: Instagrammers Bragged About Cruise To ‘peaceful’ Place. Then Cops Found 95 Kilos by Deepfreezer(m): 8:47am On Sep 02, 2016
Say no to drug trafficking.

Re: Instagrammers Bragged About Cruise To ‘peaceful’ Place. Then Cops Found 95 Kilos by Deepfreezer(m): 8:49am On Sep 02, 2016
Finally the ship they traveled with.

Re: Instagrammers Bragged About Cruise To ‘peaceful’ Place. Then Cops Found 95 Kilos by Davash222(m): 8:52am On Sep 02, 2016
That one na there headache. My own na to go look for what to eat this morning. #shikena

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

... / Ex Ac Milan Defender Kaladze Becomes Mayor Of Tbilisi, Georgia / Can This Be True: Islamization Of Britain As At 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.