Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,804 members, 7,817,334 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:29 AM

Ganduje Awards $1.85b Contract To China To Construct Kano Light Railway - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ganduje Awards $1.85b Contract To China To Construct Kano Light Railway (13462 Views)

Buhari Award $5.8 Billion Mambila Dam Power Plant Contract To Chinese State Firm / Reps Probe Award Of Multi-billion Naira Contract To 5-day-old Firm / Obiano Moves To Construct Railway In Anambra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ganduje Awards $1.85b Contract To China To Construct Kano Light Railway by blackpanda: 12:13pm On Sep 02, 2016
In other news, Gov Fayose stops by the roadside to purchase kpomo and bole....to the extreme excitement of moronic wailers and pdp criminals! grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ganduje Awards $1.85b Contract To China To Construct Kano Light Railway by cybug: 12:15pm On Sep 02, 2016
My Kano. .. My city

Kano sai Ganduje... Muna bayan Kwankwaso 2019

1 Like

Re: Ganduje Awards $1.85b Contract To China To Construct Kano Light Railway by Goke7: 12:16pm On Sep 02, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
Kano state and working Governors

Oga this is the kind of things we should be hearing from SS states with their 13% derivation but alas na songs about marginalization we go hear every day couple with destruction of Govt infrastructure.

I hope the northern states will not super-cede the southern states one day in terms of infrastructure with the way things are going.

5 Likes

Re: Ganduje Awards $1.85b Contract To China To Construct Kano Light Railway by Goke7: 12:18pm On Sep 02, 2016
EazyMoh:
Misplaced priority if you ask me. We shall all focus on production, production and production. Even our agricultural produce if properly processed can generate jobs and revenue for the state. Kano is not congested at all to deserve such project.

can you hear yourself? must kano be congested before such project can be embarked on? chai

3 Likes

Re: Ganduje Awards $1.85b Contract To China To Construct Kano Light Railway by shaibu123: 12:19pm On Sep 02, 2016
OBIANO IS COMMISSIONING FLYOVER. ANAMBRA STATE NEWS

3 Likes

Re: Ganduje Awards $1.85b Contract To China To Construct Kano Light Railway by hUmaneOne: 12:20pm On Sep 02, 2016
Re: Ganduje Awards $1.85b Contract To China To Construct Kano Light Railway by CSTR2: 12:20pm On Sep 02, 2016
Goke7:

Rail is good you say, so what's your problem. Do you mean good things should not be done during recession?

Come on, your reason is not tenable, the best time to make such expenditure is in the time of recession due to the spill over effects into the economy. The governor certainly knows what he is doing and am sure if he's your state governor, you will be hailing him too.

Northern states like Kano and Kaduna are trying to full advantage of PMB in power to improve critical infrastructure in their domain, this is what the SS states fail to take advantage of when GEJ was in power, no be everything be gra gra.
Take advantage of a president to improve infrastructure at the expense of others in an economy under recession?. Now that is an interesting angle you brought up.
Atleast a precedent has been set. If a SE or SS president emerges tomorrow, he is expected to leverage on his position to overspend on his domain beyond the realms of common sense and equality. He is not expected to check the most ample position for increased national productivity and invest therein devoid of ethnic sentiments.
Jonathan must be a stark moronn then for not diverting half Nigerias's budget to the Niger-delta for the total transformation of that place instead of building almajiri schools and solving northern age-long issues meant for their governors.
Re: Ganduje Awards $1.85b Contract To China To Construct Kano Light Railway by Goke7: 12:21pm On Sep 02, 2016
Dollyak:
What's the economic viability of this project? Even more so for a state, according to statistics, has been one of the most unproductive states in the scheme of things. No doubt, the southerners would be forced to stump up the repayment of this sum.

You have surely been misinformed which is very unfortunate, Kano unproductive? Jesus christ

1 Like

Re: Ganduje Awards $1.85b Contract To China To Construct Kano Light Railway by 2undeee(m): 12:22pm On Sep 02, 2016
Kano state need more of human development in a place where d youth lack knowledge of understanding, so after the construction the China will stay and maintian it abi
Re: Ganduje Awards $1.85b Contract To China To Construct Kano Light Railway by CSTR2: 12:24pm On Sep 02, 2016
shaibu123:
OBIANO IS COMMISSIONING FLYOVER. ANAMBRA STATE NEWS
Kano state alone has more federal allocation than the entire south east. angry
If you had any sense, You would see how much Nigerian resources is being wasted in the north with very mediocre output and results.
Re: Ganduje Awards $1.85b Contract To China To Construct Kano Light Railway by Dollyak(f): 12:27pm On Sep 02, 2016
Goke7:

You have surely been misinformed which is very unfortunate, Kano unproductive? Jesus christ
Most state in Nigeria are unproductive but some more than others. For being such a major state with many 'unfair' historical capital funding, it's really unproductive. Relative to States like Lagos, River and even Kaduna to an extent.
Re: Ganduje Awards $1.85b Contract To China To Construct Kano Light Railway by Goke7: 12:28pm On Sep 02, 2016
CSTR2:
Take advantage of a president to improve infrastructure at the expense of others in an economy under recession?. Now that is an interesting angle you brought up.
Atleast a precedent has been set. If a SE or SS president emerges tomorrow, he is expected to leverage on his position to overspend on his domain beyond the realms of common sense and equality. He is not expected to check the most ample position for increased national productivity and invest therein devoid of ethnic sentiments.
Jonathan must be a stark moronn then for not diverting half Nigerias's budget to the Niger-delta for the total transformation of that place instead of building almajiri schools and solving northern age-long issues meant for their governors.

You think Jonathan meant well for the north? He only did what he did for the north cos of his intention for re-election, reason the northerners were not fooled. You think if Jonathan had won second term, he will care for the north? Jonathan was never nationalistic, if you think so, ask the sw governors.

Abegi, carry your sentiments go one side, the northern governors are the ones trying to up their game and leveraging on PMB's power which the SS governors fail to do. Its not Jonathan's fault but the SS governors palaver. ok?

2 Likes

Re: Ganduje Awards $1.85b Contract To China To Construct Kano Light Railway by echelons(m): 12:28pm On Sep 02, 2016
fiizznation:
Yeah Mr pessimist, never sees any good in others. None of your backward state can be compared with kano state in terms of social, physical, infrastructural or whatever development. Kano state is miles ahead of wherever cave you came out from. Now the topic is talking about a $1billion railways tracks, you mischievously brought "almijiri" into the discuss just because of bitterness for people who don't know a simpleton like you exist. Pray tell me, between the almajiris and the hundreds of drug barons executed all of the world, who is more better? Of course the almijiri is better because he doesn't uses greediness to take the lives of innocent people all over the world.

Never do well like you have already made social medias a place for nuisance were every tom and dick display all sorts of foolishness, that's why many sane minds are avoiding various fora.

Now what's your business with kano state or governor ganduje? Is he your state governor or its the railway tracks meant for your village you called a 'state' ?

You used all your space attacking the messenger rather than the message.
Rail project is never a bad idea anywhere but the message is that Nigeria at the moment do not need to spend our monies on projects that are not localised.
Localised in the sense that the money will be spent locally. $1.85b! The truth is that more than $1b of that money is going to China.
We need to mobilise our local contractors and construction firms. They will spend the money locally thereby not putting pressure on the Naira.
Time for international contracts has been halted for now.
Hope you understand the point now.

1 Like

Re: Ganduje Awards $1.85b Contract To China To Construct Kano Light Railway by Nobody: 12:28pm On Sep 02, 2016
henryanna36:
Kano State Metropolitan Rail Gigantic Project--- Ganduje Is Working

Kano state government has awarded a $1.851 billion contract to China Railway Construction Corporation to construct the Kano city light rail.

The state Commissioner for Works and Transport, Hon. Shehu H. Lambu presented the provisional letter of award of contract which was received by Mr. Wei Guo Qin on behalf of the company.

The rail, with a total length of 74.3 kilometres, is expected to travel at a speed of 100 kilometres per hour.

In context, 100 kilometres per hour is as fast as moving from Lagos to Ibadan in 72 minutes.
The first phase of the project construction is billed to take two years, while the second phase of the four-line rail is expected to take another two years.

“Project contract amount of approximately $ 1.851 billion, equivalent to approximately RMB 120.3 Billion, accounting for 2% of the Company’s 2015 revenue, under the China Accounting Standards”.

The project is part of a grand design to upgrade Kano to the status of a truly mean city, as it will significantly ease movement of goods and services.

On completion, the light rail is expected to cover Janguza - Bata, Jogana - Bata, Dawanau - Bata and Kwanar Dawaki - Bata routes in Kano city.

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2016/09/governor-ganduje-awards-185b-contract.html

$1.851 billion @#305/$ = #564,555,000,000. Cost per Km = #7,598,317,631.20/Km. This is a very huge investment. Let's just hope it's worth it. BTW, who knows the latest about the feud between this Ganduje guy and his estranged God-father?
ION, Check my signature and do the needful. Thank me later.
Re: Ganduje Awards $1.85b Contract To China To Construct Kano Light Railway by CSTR2: 12:30pm On Sep 02, 2016
Goke7:

What is their productivity in terms of ?
Is it in manufacturing? Skilled Human resources? Education? What exactly? That would justify their humongous federal resources even more than the southern eastern region that accounts probably for 30-40% of Nigeria's industrial and productive population.
What does kano state contribute to Nigeria that correlates with their enormous federal funding?
Re: Ganduje Awards $1.85b Contract To China To Construct Kano Light Railway by Goke7: 12:31pm On Sep 02, 2016
Dollyak:

Most state in Nigeria are unproductive but some more than others. For being such a major state with many 'unfair' historical capital funding, it's really unproductive. Relative to States like Lagos, River and even Kaduna to an extent.

Do you know many international business transactions are in Kano, you think it has an international airport for nothing? in terms of agriculture, do you know how productive kano is? Please get more information, google is your friend.

2 Likes

Re: Ganduje Awards $1.85b Contract To China To Construct Kano Light Railway by Goke7: 12:33pm On Sep 02, 2016
CSTR2:
What is their productivity in terms of ?
Is it in manufacturing? Skilled Human resources? Education? What exactly? That would justify their humongous federal resources even more than the southern eastern region that accounts probably for 30-40% of Nigeria's industrial and productive population.
What does kano state contribute to Nigeria that correlates with their enormous federal funding?

Google is your friend, go and learn more, we are too lazy to read in Nigeria, nairaland is too small to be source of information you hear.

You are just bitter against Kano simple, if its anambra, it won't be a problem at all bruv

3 Likes

Re: Ganduje Awards $1.85b Contract To China To Construct Kano Light Railway by ephi123(f): 12:33pm On Sep 02, 2016
China has made it in this African continent cheesy

I will always be in support of any rail implementation project because that is the way to go. But maintenance is key to get these things going in the long term.

1 Like

Re: Ganduje Awards $1.85b Contract To China To Construct Kano Light Railway by CSTR2: 12:33pm On Sep 02, 2016
Goke7:

You think Jonathan meant well for the north? He only did what he did for the north cos of his intention for re-election, reason the northerners were not fooled. You think if Jonathan had won second term, he will care for the north? Jonathan was never nationalistic, if you think so, ask the sw governors.

Abegi, carry your sentiments go one side, the northern governors are the ones trying to up their game and leveraging on PMB's power which the SS governors fail to do. Its not Jonathan's fault but the SS governors palaver. ok?
I am not discussing jonathan . I am discussing a precedent.
The SS and SE governors should hijack aso-rock when they get the presidency again. That is exactly what you are saying and I concur, atleast with respect to Nigerián politics.
Re: Ganduje Awards $1.85b Contract To China To Construct Kano Light Railway by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:34pm On Sep 02, 2016
Goke7:

Oga this is the kind of things we should be hearing from SS states with their 13% derivation but alas na songs about marginalization we go hear every day couple with destruction of Govt infrastructure.

I hope the northern states will not super-cede the southern states one day in terms of infrastructure with the way things are going.
Don't mind our greedy and corrupt political leaders
Re: Ganduje Awards $1.85b Contract To China To Construct Kano Light Railway by shaibu123: 12:34pm On Sep 02, 2016
CSTR2:
Kano state alone has more federal allocation than the entire south east. angry
If you had any sense, You would see how much Nigerian resources is being wasted in the north with very mediocre output and results.

Sense is what we call partnership with foreign investors
Re: Ganduje Awards $1.85b Contract To China To Construct Kano Light Railway by Dollyak(f): 12:38pm On Sep 02, 2016
echelons:

You used all your space attacking the messenger rather than the message.
Rail project is never a bad idea anywhere but the message is that Nigeria at the moment do not need to spend our monies on projects that are not localised.
Localised in the sense that the money will be spent locally. $1.85b! The truth is that more than $1b of that money is going to China.
We need to mobilise our local contractors and construction firms. They will spend the money locally thereby not putting pressure on the Naira.
Time for international contracts has been halted for now.
Hope you understand the point now.
Indeed. In addition, there won't be any transfer of technologies from china as it is always the case with many African countries cue Ethopia rails agreement with the Dutch.
2. The lack of economic drive (extremely negative purchasing managers index) in Kano means the project is unsustainable. so effectively the federal government would always need to stump up cash to subsidize this toy project.
3. Geographically, in terms of population density I don't even think they should be in the top 10 for this kind of projects.

1 Like

Re: Ganduje Awards $1.85b Contract To China To Construct Kano Light Railway by yusufu16: 12:38pm On Sep 02, 2016
EazyMoh:
Misplaced priority if you ask me. We shall all focus on production, production and production. Even our agricultural produce if properly processed can generate jobs and revenue for the state. Kano is not congested at all to deserve such project.

What we need to revive this economy is infrastructure, infrastructure and infrastructure. How can you produce without any infrastructure on ground. If it needs borrowing, lets go an borrow to fund our infrastructural development.

1 Like

Re: Ganduje Awards $1.85b Contract To China To Construct Kano Light Railway by Umarlulu: 12:38pm On Sep 02, 2016
fiizznation:
Yeah Mr pessimist, never sees any good in others. None of your backward state can be compared with kano state in terms of social, physical, infrastructural or whatever development. Kano state is miles ahead of wherever cave you came out from. Now the topic is talking about a $1billion railways tracks, you mischievously brought "almijiri" into the discuss just because of bitterness for people who don't know a simpleton like you exist. Pray tell me, between the almajiris and the hundreds of drug barons executed all of the world, who is more better? Of course the almijiri is better because he doesn't uses greediness to take the lives of innocent people all over the world.

Never do well like you have already made social medias a place for nuisance were every tom and dick display all sorts of foolishness, that's why many sane minds are avoiding various fora.

Now what's your business with kano state or governor ganduje? Is he your state governor or its the railway tracks meant for your village you called a 'state' ?
I concured !!!!!

1 Like

Re: Ganduje Awards $1.85b Contract To China To Construct Kano Light Railway by CSTR2: 12:38pm On Sep 02, 2016
Goke7:

Google is your friend, go and learn more, we are too lazy to read in Nigeria, nairaland is too small to be source of information you hear.

You are just bitter against Kano simple, if its anambra, it won't be a problem at all bruv
Google? Seriously.
I don't need google to check south eastern contribution to Nigeria. It is felt by every man and woman and child in Nigeria . I don't need to google to see aba and Nnewi products. I don't need google to know south eastern leadership in education and productivity.
And kano state gets more from the FG than the south east and you want me to check google for their own contribution to Nigeria.
Re: Ganduje Awards $1.85b Contract To China To Construct Kano Light Railway by Goke7: 12:39pm On Sep 02, 2016
CSTR2:
I am not discussing jonathan . I am discussing a precedent.
The SS and SE governors should hijack aso-rock when they get the presidency again. That is exactly what you are saying and I concur, atleast with respect to Nigerián politics.

oga, nobody fit hijack aso rock o, na elections dem dey win go there. I wish them good luck in their hijacking grin

it took Obj to get GEJ there but when I see my ss and se brothers abusing Obj, I laugh in spanish.

1 Like

Re: Ganduje Awards $1.85b Contract To China To Construct Kano Light Railway by CSTR2: 12:40pm On Sep 02, 2016
Re: Ganduje Awards $1.85b Contract To China To Construct Kano Light Railway by CSTR2: 12:40pm On Sep 02, 2016
Two south east states are oil producing states. And yet kano a single parasitic state gets more than an entire region.
Re: Ganduje Awards $1.85b Contract To China To Construct Kano Light Railway by Dollyak(f): 12:42pm On Sep 02, 2016
Goke7:

Do you know many international business transactions are in Kano, you think it has an international airport for nothing? in terms of agriculture, do you know how productive kano is? Please get more information, google is your friend.
It has the worst PMI (purchasing managers' index ) out of the major states in Nigeria, which pretty much settles it. Let's not talk about IGR or growth outlook shall we.
Re: Ganduje Awards $1.85b Contract To China To Construct Kano Light Railway by Goke7: 12:43pm On Sep 02, 2016
CSTR2:
Google? Seriously.
I don't need google to check south eastern contribution to Nigeria. It is felt by every man and woman and child in Nigeria . I don't need to google to see aba and Nnewi products. I don't need google to know south eastern leadership in education and productivity.
And kano state gets more from the FG than the south east and you want me to check google for their own contribution to Nigeria.

why are you lying? most of the food you dey chop, where do you think they are from? From Mars abi grin

When Okorocha de tell una home truth, una say im be okorohausa abi? Honestly you guys preferred to be lied to

1 Like

Re: Ganduje Awards $1.85b Contract To China To Construct Kano Light Railway by jaybee3(m): 12:43pm On Sep 02, 2016
MadCow1:
The rest of Nigeria is not dulling..

[size=14pt]Meanwhile in the Niger Delta[/size].. grin

Wike is busy spending billions on the sunken PDP
Re: Ganduje Awards $1.85b Contract To China To Construct Kano Light Railway by Dollyak(f): 12:45pm On Sep 02, 2016
Nigeria does not know what it wants. This project would will be maintained for few years by the chinese and then left to rot as usual without maintenance. Never ending circle of bad news coming Nigeria sad.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Oby Ezekwesili Dances With Supporters After Withdrawal From Presidential Race / Garba Shehu: Some APC leaders expect Buhari to rig supplementary elections / EndSARS Riots Aftermath: Over 2,200 Businesses Apply For Lagos Recovery Fund

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.