Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,419 members, 7,819,513 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:25 PM

Nigerian Manufactures Solar Powered Tricycle (keke-napep) - Autos (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Nigerian Manufactures Solar Powered Tricycle (keke-napep) (49171 Views)

The Benz Keke That Will Replace Okada In Onitsha And Awka (Photos) / New Keke Napep With Full AC Option (Photos) / $$$$$$ Electronic Charged Brand New 2016 Baja Tricycle (keke Maruwa)..price 700k (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Manufactures Solar Powered Tricycle (keke-napep) by BetaHealth2016: 3:25pm On Sep 02, 2016
cekhoe:
I think that will be a good thread to create please next time you are in his house, snap and conduct an interview with him for us,I mean the refrigerator,thanks!

Will do just that whenever i am in Asaba smiley

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Manufactures Solar Powered Tricycle (keke-napep) by chi4ik4(m): 3:27pm On Sep 02, 2016
Nigeria shall be great. pls let's patronize this keke, let's stop underrating our own products!!!!
Re: Nigerian Manufactures Solar Powered Tricycle (keke-napep) by mascotafltd: 3:29pm On Sep 02, 2016
Good innovation,but our government sha.
Re: Nigerian Manufactures Solar Powered Tricycle (keke-napep) by Codes151(m): 3:30pm On Sep 02, 2016
Sola powered Keke! It's not a big deal. We make it look like it's an innovation! Wen good universities even reject this kind of project topics! Sir it's nothing! Try magnetically induce motors or something ! That's worth my FP
Re: Nigerian Manufactures Solar Powered Tricycle (keke-napep) by obstead200(m): 3:30pm On Sep 02, 2016
BetaHealth2016:
A friend of mine uses a fridge which he converted from electricity to bio-gas with the use of plant waste in Asaba. Fridge blocks very well.

cc: Lalasticlala, Seun
and u believed him....
did he show u any generator that converts the energy? do u realise the biogas cannot be converted to electricity without a form of internal combustion engine to drive an alternator

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Manufactures Solar Powered Tricycle (keke-napep) by Marcelini(m): 3:33pm On Sep 02, 2016
Arthur Okeyika! Ofcourse it's in the gene.
The spirit of innovation.
Igbo Amaka!

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Manufactures Solar Powered Tricycle (keke-napep) by obstead200(m): 3:34pm On Sep 02, 2016
Codes151:
Sola powered Keke! It's not a big deal. We make it look like it's an innovation! Wen good universities even reject this kind of project topics! Sir it's nothing! Try magnetically induce motors or something ! That's worth my FP
who can prove that it is really solar powered? we shud stop falling for cheap scams in this country.
Look at the size of that keke. look at all the iron that was used to build it. Imagine the weight. Imagine the horsepower (at least 5hp) that will be required to move something with that weight. now compare it with the size of the solar panels mounted on the roof. do u think such panels can generate 5hp (about 6kw)?
dont forget that we are even yet to see a solar panel rated above 500watts

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Manufactures Solar Powered Tricycle (keke-napep) by Marcelini(m): 3:35pm On Sep 02, 2016
Codes151:

What innovation have you ever crafted since you were born?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Manufactures Solar Powered Tricycle (keke-napep) by donnie(m): 3:39pm On Sep 02, 2016
How fast can it go? And please can we put our load on top of the flat top...or na there solar panel dey? undecided
Re: Nigerian Manufactures Solar Powered Tricycle (keke-napep) by saintclem7: 3:39pm On Sep 02, 2016
Maybe he built a simple IC engine with cylinders (1, 4,6 or cool and strokes that moves upward and downward once the engine is on.

obstead200:

and u believed him....
did he show u any generator that converts the energy? do u realise the biogas cannot be converted to electricity without a form of internal combustion engine to drive an alternator
Re: Nigerian Manufactures Solar Powered Tricycle (keke-napep) by ufumes(m): 3:39pm On Sep 02, 2016
Whao! This is great.
Re: Nigerian Manufactures Solar Powered Tricycle (keke-napep) by CSTR2: 3:40pm On Sep 02, 2016
obstead200:

who can prove that it is really solar powered? we shud stop falling for cheap scams in this country.
Look at the size of that keke. look at all the iron that was used to build it. Imagine the weight. Imagine the horsepower (at least 5hp) that will be required to move something with that weight. now compare it with the size of the solar panels mounted on the roof. do u think such panels can generate 5hp (about 6kw)?
The sensitivity and efficiency of the solar panel is the main criteria here not size. Size though used to be a main determinant has been rendered redundant due to highly sensitive and efficient semi-conductor technology.
Given the set of dignitaries clowning around there, i am sure they won't congregate there if it was a lie.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Manufactures Solar Powered Tricycle (keke-napep) by BetaHealth2016: 3:41pm On Sep 02, 2016
MadCow1:
Who can explain the science behind this to me?

Will the rider need to park the Keke at a strategic point for a while for the batteries to chrag seeing as Solar Panel Installers bevel the Panels at an angle and a tangent to the Sun to get Maximum Sunlight..

Nice idea though..

NameChecker:

My Oga,
I've been thinking as well . . .
Am not understanding

The Solar panel is on top of the tricycle and instead of a fuel gauge, it has a Solar Charge indicator on the dashboard which indicates the charge-rate and consumption rate. The panel is connected to a controller in which is connected to a battery which powers the tricycle. When the battery is fully charged, the controller cuts off extra charge from the sun automatically and the power from the charged battery powers the tricycle at Night or at a low or non-sunny weather situation. When the battery uses about 65% of it's capacity, the solar controller trips on again and begins to charge the battery to refill the power. All these are completely automated. The battery can power the tricycle for as long as 16 operational hours without charge till it gets to low level. That means if there is no Sunlight for 16 hours (which is not possible) the tricycle can still be in motion operated if operated for a stretch of that 16 hours.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Manufactures Solar Powered Tricycle (keke-napep) by Nobody: 3:43pm On Sep 02, 2016
Wonderful!!!, this is the coolest news of the day,
Although, Considering the fact that things are not in-place with Nigeria currently.
but I'm 100% positive that God is making a way, which will soon be unveiled in the presence of all Nations of the World!!!
Beloved, Please #PrayForNigeria

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Manufactures Solar Powered Tricycle (keke-napep) by Godwin616: 3:46pm On Sep 02, 2016
Chitumu:
made for north where sunshine is plenty
Yes you are right. Its not suitable for southern part of the country where we have many months of rainy season. But it is ideal for the north. If they could put more effort and get necessary regulatory body's approval, I think they can go commercial.If India can produce it while not Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Manufactures Solar Powered Tricycle (keke-napep) by obstead200(m): 3:48pm On Sep 02, 2016
CSTR2:
The sensitivity and efficiency of the solar panel is the main criteria here not size. Size though used to be a main determinant has been rendered redundant due to highly sensitive and efficient semi-conductor technology.
Given the set of dignitaries clowning around there, i am sure they won't congregate there if it was a lie.
@the bolded, u really dont know the length which this APC govt will go to in order to sustain a propaganda.

talking about sensitivity, note that the wattage rating of solar panels is usually based on the highest level of sensitivity and efficiency in power generation which that panel possibly deliver.
most panels rated at 300watts will give u about 70% of that wattage most of the time.
Re: Nigerian Manufactures Solar Powered Tricycle (keke-napep) by tunary(m): 3:51pm On Sep 02, 2016
Nigeria is improving under Buhari lol
Re: Nigerian Manufactures Solar Powered Tricycle (keke-napep) by obstead200(m): 3:54pm On Sep 02, 2016
saintclem7:
Maybe he built a simple IC engine with cylinders (1, 4,6 or cool and strokes that moves upward and downward once the engine is on.

"Maybe" you said? did u hear the normal sound ANY IC (or compression in the case of diesel and gas) engine is bound to make?
am not saying this is not possible ooo. am just saying that the technology is not very stable yet.
Biogas contains sulphur which is very corrosive. this makes it very unsuitable for use in regular IC engines. A regular IC engine will not last 6 months, running on biogas
Re: Nigerian Manufactures Solar Powered Tricycle (keke-napep) by aBbiie25(f): 3:54pm On Sep 02, 2016
Nice
Re: Nigerian Manufactures Solar Powered Tricycle (keke-napep) by CSTR2: 3:55pm On Sep 02, 2016
obstead200:

@the bolded, u really dont know the length which this APC govt will go to in order to sustain a propaganda.

talking about sensitivity, note that the wattage rating of solar panels is usually based on the highest level of sensitivity and efficiency in power generation which that panel possibly deliver.
most panels rated at 300watts will give u about 70% of that wattage most of the time.
We currently don't know the wattage rating of those panels to make conclusive inferences.
It could be a specially designed ones for cars. Afterall we already have solar-powered cars, wind-mills, referigerators e.t.c. And all those requires enormous amount of energy.
Re: Nigerian Manufactures Solar Powered Tricycle (keke-napep) by MadCow1: 3:55pm On Sep 02, 2016
salabscholar01:
Yes, we are making progress... We are beginning to think outside the box already. Instead of crying for rice, cry out loud for people to patronize your innovation(s)....The nation exists for the benefits of her citizens, not the citizens for the benefit of the nation...God bless us...

Madcow1, Feel free to innovate, experiment, and substitute...I had seen other solar panel tracking systems on antenna rotators. It looked like a neat solution to the problem of how to move solar panels as you find difficult to understand here.. there is a tracking platform for solar panels already. you don't need to park the keke at any strategic point to absorb sun light anymore.

Let me see if I understand you..

Solar Panel Tracking system would be a tracker that would automatically turn the Solar Panels in the direction of the sun abi? Is that correct?

Let me elaborate my initial question..

When I see Solar Panels being installed, they are not flat but inclined at an angle and at a coordinate (Angel, degree) to the Sun's Rise, Set and fall path.. They say its done so to harness the maximum energy from the Sun.

Now this Keke's solar panels are lying flat on the roof.
The Keke would be mobile so may most times be out of direct range of the Sun in such a way that the energy it would be getting from the Sun wouldn't be optimal.

My Question is how did the inventors compensate/account for this..

Thanks.
Re: Nigerian Manufactures Solar Powered Tricycle (keke-napep) by Deepfreezer(m): 3:55pm On Sep 02, 2016
More knowledge to you bro. Its never easy for someone to have a bit of wisdom and the revelation to construct something like this.
May God help us all to discover our Gods given talent.
Re: Nigerian Manufactures Solar Powered Tricycle (keke-napep) by MrHenshaw: 3:58pm On Sep 02, 2016
lanre316:
I don't understand the innovation in this. Is it the solar panel that has already been invented or the keke napep invented years ago.

If I attach a solar panel to water-pumping machine, would you call that innovation.

Nigerians sha. If you want to see innovation go and see what secondary school students in Japan are doing.

U can start something on your own.Don't condemn,his effort is Commendable.Every research is open ended,so you are free to understudy what he did,then continue from wherever he stopped or where u hv interest.D Japanese u are using as examples don't destroy upcoming project/inventors.Moreover Nigeria and Japan is not mate in all circumstance except population.D hv never been under bondage(foreign rule).We know our Post colonial leaders are not committed to the citizens wellbeing but we can't continue to destroy our individual effort.Well-done ENGR. ASTON.
Re: Nigerian Manufactures Solar Powered Tricycle (keke-napep) by CSTR2: 3:58pm On Sep 02, 2016
UNIQUEISRAEL:
Wonderful!!!, this is the coolest news of the day,
Although, Considering the fact that things are not in-place with Nigeria currently.
but I'm 100% positive that God is making a way, which will soon be unveiled in the presence of all Nations of the World!!!
Beloved, Please #PrayForNigeria
Pray more for igboland. You can't get this level of indigenous tech anywhere else in Nigeria.
If igboland grows, Nigeria grows.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Manufactures Solar Powered Tricycle (keke-napep) by obstead200(m): 3:58pm On Sep 02, 2016
CSTR2:
We currently don't know the wattage rating of those panels to make conclusive inferences.
It could be a specially designed ones for cars. Afterall we already have solar-powered cars, wind-mills, referigerators e.t.c. And all those requires enormous amount of energy.
well, I rest my case.
believe what u wish. I will maintain my doubts.
Just know that solar cars (for now) are designed to be extremely light weight:- (carries only one person most times).

fridges on the other hand are very different. there are DC fridges that operate with less than 100watts
Re: Nigerian Manufactures Solar Powered Tricycle (keke-napep) by PaulIdu: 3:59pm On Sep 02, 2016
BetaHealth2016:
A friend of mine uses a fridge which he converted from electricity to bio-gas with the use of plant waste in Asaba. Fridge blocks very well.

cc: Lalasticlala, Seun

Can we have his story here
Re: Nigerian Manufactures Solar Powered Tricycle (keke-napep) by obstead200(m): 4:01pm On Sep 02, 2016
MadCow1:

Solar Panel Tracking system would be a tracker that would automatically turn the Solar Panels in the direction of the sun abi? Is that correct?

When I see Solar Panels being installed, they are not flat but inclined at an angle and at a coordinate (Angel, degree) to the Sun's Rise, Set and fall path.. They say its done so to harness the maximum energy from the Sun.

The Keke would be mobile so may most times be out of direct range of the Sun in such a way that the energy it would be getting from the Sun wouldn't be optimal.

Thanks.
I owe u three bottles of origin for this piece of common sense.
I dont know why we enjoy promoting mediocrity in this country.

THAT KEKE IS NOT SOLAR POWERED.
Re: Nigerian Manufactures Solar Powered Tricycle (keke-napep) by CSTR2: 4:02pm On Sep 02, 2016
MadCow1:

Thanks.
Very intelligent observation. I am assuming he compensated by creating solar panels at the strategic positions at the back and front connected together in parallel . If one loses optimal sunlight, the others immediately takes over without losing power to the engines.
Also besides, energy can be stored anyway using highly sensitive capacitors. So it should also compensate for un-optimal sunlight.
Re: Nigerian Manufactures Solar Powered Tricycle (keke-napep) by kkboy(m): 4:03pm On Sep 02, 2016
What % of Nigerian Content is in that product? That’s the big question.

By Nigerian Content i mean Manpower, Material and Money.

Manpower: Who are the ones that manufactured or fabricated all the components? Are all the component and assemblage done by Nigerians? If Not what % is done by Nigerian and what % is done by foreigners both in terms of manhours and spend.

Material: How many of the components that make up this product are sourced locally (made in Nigeria)

Money: If the product costs say N100.00, in actually fact what % of this money is domiciled in Nigeria?

This should be our thinking, not when all the material are sourced abroad and joined in Nigeria we start celebrating. We must think outside the box. That’s how economy is grown and stabilized. In any case is good Kudos
Re: Nigerian Manufactures Solar Powered Tricycle (keke-napep) by otosa(m): 4:04pm On Sep 02, 2016
iyalonje mo kundun pomo eran kinlonbe lara awo.
Re: Nigerian Manufactures Solar Powered Tricycle (keke-napep) by PaulIdu: 4:05pm On Sep 02, 2016
obstead200:

My thoughts exactly ..I believe he pre charged those batteries with mains before his demo for the minister
.I have worked with solar panels in the past and I know that a regular solar panel and it won't produce enough power to move 250kg keke designed to carry at least 6 adults

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Manufactures Solar Powered Tricycle (keke-napep) by Colynho3d(m): 4:05pm On Sep 02, 2016
OVI75:
NCA Hw fr Any Comment...?
is that all u can contribute?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Express/PAID Vin Check.RELOADED...REports mailed to you within 1HR GUARANTEED / Fhemmmy Motos Presents You **Mercedes-Benz G-WAGON - PICK ONE & Look CUTE** / Naira Gain Against The US Dollar: What Will Happen To Greedy Car Dealers?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.