Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,674 members, 7,820,370 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:48 PM

Nigerian Manufactures Solar Powered Tricycle (keke-napep) - Autos (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Nigerian Manufactures Solar Powered Tricycle (keke-napep) (49177 Views)

The Benz Keke That Will Replace Okada In Onitsha And Awka (Photos) / New Keke Napep With Full AC Option (Photos) / $$$$$$ Electronic Charged Brand New 2016 Baja Tricycle (keke Maruwa)..price 700k (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Manufactures Solar Powered Tricycle (keke-napep) by vislabraye(m): 4:08pm On Sep 02, 2016
MadCow1:
Who can explain the science behind this to me?

Will the rider need to park the Keke at a strategic point for a while for the batteries to chrag seeing as Solar Panel Installers bevel the Panels at an angle and a tangent to the Sun to get Maximum Sunlight..

Nice idea though..

I want to believe the roof is made up of solar panels.
I also think that the effectiveness will depend on the capacity of the battery and it's strength. Solar power is usually suitable for low energy consumption products and sunlight needs to be abundant.
Re: Nigerian Manufactures Solar Powered Tricycle (keke-napep) by CSTR2: 4:10pm On Sep 02, 2016
obstead200:
well, I rest my case.
believe what u wish. I will maintain my doubts.
Just know that solar cars (for now) are designed to be extremely light weight:- (carries only one person most times).

fridges on the other hand are very different. there are DC fridges that operate with less than 100watts
You have a point too.
Solar powered cars for heavy commercial use is not out yet. Even if the technology is available, certainly Nigeria is not the first point of call.
Unfortunately, those clowning ministers are not even knowledgable enough to ask the right questions.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Manufactures Solar Powered Tricycle (keke-napep) by nonjebose(m): 4:12pm On Sep 02, 2016
BetaHealth2016:
A friend of mine uses a fridge which he converted from electricity to bio-gas with the use of plant waste in Asaba. Fridge blocks very well.

cc: Lalasticlala, Seun
Can you link me to him? It can be worthwhile
Re: Nigerian Manufactures Solar Powered Tricycle (keke-napep) by JayJayGee: 4:15pm On Sep 02, 2016
BetaHealth2016:
A friend of mine uses a fridge which he converted from electricity to bio-gas with the use of plant waste in Asaba. Fridge blocks very well.

Someone I know in pH uses bags of salt to power his apartment
Re: Nigerian Manufactures Solar Powered Tricycle (keke-napep) by MadCow1: 4:15pm On Sep 02, 2016
CSTR2:
Very intelligent observation. I am assuming he compensated by creating solar panels at the strategic positions at the back and front connected together in parallel . If one loses optimal sunlight, the others immediately takes over without losing power to the engines.
Also besides, energy can be stored anyway using highly sensitive capacitors. So it should also compensate for un-optimal sunlight.

Thanks for taking the time to indulge me..

Just some points.. I don't think placing flat panels would work. The Sun hits the earth always at an angle from the East or the West depending if its risings, setting or falling. Flat Solar Panels would mean this Keke would never at anytime be getting the full energy from the sun which then means the Batteries would never be fully charged at anytime or it would take longer than the average to get it all charged up..

Some other Nairalanders have brought on the aspect of weight of the materials used to build the Keke Plus the weight of the passengers/goods it would be carrying and the energy required to move the Keke..

More weight = More Power from the batteries, couple that with the inadequate harnessing of the Sun's energy = failure.

This is just me thinking out loud.

I think the Inventors need to explain to us all the challenges they considered during the design phase and the measures they took to overcome those challenges.
Re: Nigerian Manufactures Solar Powered Tricycle (keke-napep) by Infinitegrace: 4:18pm On Sep 02, 2016
Do you live in Port Harcourt Nigeria! Then this advert is for you.
An Internationally acclaimed School Situated in woji will be starting this Sept. We r Unique as our Mathematics Curriculum is Shanghai model, our international languages include Chinese, Spanish, French and English ......... Highly intellectuals facilitators.

Call 08181798900 for further enquiries.
Re: Nigerian Manufactures Solar Powered Tricycle (keke-napep) by CSTR2: 4:19pm On Sep 02, 2016
MadCow1:

Thanks for taking the time to indulge me..

Just some points.. I don't think placing flat panels would work. The Sun hits the earth always at an angle from the East or the West depending if its risings, setting or falling. Flat Solar Panels would mean this Keke would never at anytime be getting the full energy from the sun which then means the Batteries would never be fully charged at anytime.

Some other Nairalanders have brought on the aspect of weight of the materials used to build the Keke Plus the weight of the passengers/goods it would be carrying and the energy required to move the Keke..

More weight = More Power from the batteries, couple that with the inadequate harnessing of the Sun's energy = failure.

This is just me thinking out loud.

I think the Inventors need to explain to us all the challenges they considered during the design phase and the measures they took to overcome those challenges.
Ogbonnaya onu would have been the best to grill this man to explain his science.
Amina muhammed is just there for the cameras.
Re: Nigerian Manufactures Solar Powered Tricycle (keke-napep) by passyhansome(m): 4:41pm On Sep 02, 2016
Did I hear you say Manufactured, sorry that was wrong use coupled instead, The panels, tyres, the body, the engine am sure were imported so ?. Any way nice one but not really impressed cos its copy copy

Re: Nigerian Manufactures Solar Powered Tricycle (keke-napep) by salabscholar01(m): 4:48pm On Sep 02, 2016
MadCow1:

Let me see if I understand you..

Solar Panel Tracking system would be a tracker that would automatically turn the Solar Panels in the direction of the sun abi? Is that correct?

Let me elaborate my initial question..

When I see Solar Panels being installed, they are not flat but inclined at an angle and at a coordinate (Angel, degree) to the Sun's Rise, Set and fall path.. They say its done so to harness the maximum energy from the Sun.

Now this Keke's solar panels are lying flat on the roof.
The Keke would be mobile so may most times be out of direct range of the Sun in such a way that the energy it would be getting from the Sun wouldn't be optimal.

My Question is how did the inventors compensate/account for this..

Thanks.

I understand you perfectly well now. But the solar powering system of this tricycle consists:
-solar array, which collects solar energy and convert it to electrical energy.(not necessary for the array to search for a sun light)
-power trackers to achieve the proper voltage, to be stored in batteries.
-batteries, to stir power
-motor controller which adjusts the power,
-an electric motor, which drives the tricylce

It may be adjustable to collect light from the sun for some time, but not all of the time... Remember, the automation was done in such a way that it's completely renewable...... This means that, even when it cannot make use of sun's power because of cloudy or stormy days, we always rely on the sun showing up the next very day as a constant and consistence power source.
Re: Nigerian Manufactures Solar Powered Tricycle (keke-napep) by Yekoyeko(m): 4:58pm On Sep 02, 2016
We have start from some where. Please if you admire this development, just do your own innovation and let see.. Try to appreciated someone's effort. Abeg.
lanre316:
I don't understand the innovation in this. Is it the solar panel that has already been invented or the keke napep invented years ago.

If I attach a solar panel to water-pumping machine, would you call that innovation.

Nigerians sha. If you want to see innovation go and see what secondary school students in Japan are doing.
Re: Nigerian Manufactures Solar Powered Tricycle (keke-napep) by AkumahTalk(m): 5:05pm On Sep 02, 2016
I can see the Chinese inscription above the word "Arton" in the first picture. I smell lies angry

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Manufactures Solar Powered Tricycle (keke-napep) by Pylony(m): 5:23pm On Sep 02, 2016
NameChecker:

My Oga,
I've been thinking as well . . .
Am not understanding

I doubt if you'll have to park the tricycle to do so, i think it should be a "use as you go" type of Vehicle.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Manufactures Solar Powered Tricycle (keke-napep) by NameChecker: 5:25pm On Sep 02, 2016
Pylony:
I doubt if you'll have to park the tricycle to do so, i think it should be a "use as you go" type of Vehicle.

Abeg no bust my stomach with laughter
Re: Nigerian Manufactures Solar Powered Tricycle (keke-napep) by Pylony(m): 5:29pm On Sep 02, 2016
Chitumu:
made for north where sunshine is plenty
Nah! i don't think so, the sun is plentiful in Africa with about 325days of bright sun light a year than any part of the Globe, but we use less of the solar than Europe and America that have less exposure to the sun. Even if the Northern Nigeria is brighter than the south, we are still better under the sun than the western world.
Re: Nigerian Manufactures Solar Powered Tricycle (keke-napep) by Pylony(m): 5:40pm On Sep 02, 2016
NameChecker:

Abeg no bust my stomach with laughter
I've got thread and Needle should it bust. grin
Re: Nigerian Manufactures Solar Powered Tricycle (keke-napep) by Kingdavid579(m): 5:42pm On Sep 02, 2016
i will not ride on it till next year#rain rain go away come again another year, okada want to ride keke, rain rain goaway
Re: Nigerian Manufactures Solar Powered Tricycle (keke-napep) by Nobody: 5:48pm On Sep 02, 2016
lanre316:
I don't understand the innovation in this. Is it the solar panel that has already been invented or the keke napep invented years ago.

If I attach a solar panel to water-pumping machine, would you call that innovation.

Nigerians sha. If you want to see innovation go and see what secondary school students in Japan are doing.

Nigeria will never progress with comments like this.

U should be happy... Instead of our nation sitting one place and watching others progress technologicaly, we're also doing something.

U should be impressed even if the man invented a niddle
Re: Nigerian Manufactures Solar Powered Tricycle (keke-napep) by Ajjubhai(m): 5:52pm On Sep 02, 2016
igbos always the inventors....

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Manufactures Solar Powered Tricycle (keke-napep) by SmartMugu: 5:58pm On Sep 02, 2016
handysuzy:
Nice innovation, but is it unique?
Yes it is unique. People are conditioned to rely on petroleum products for everything, where as we are blessed with free and renewable energy. A lot of respect for the creator of this. With empowerment, more vehicles will rely less on gas, implying some companies will not make as much as they expected, and that's why we've been stuck with thinking oil can't be replaced with cheaper options.
Re: Nigerian Manufactures Solar Powered Tricycle (keke-napep) by joepentwo(m): 6:01pm On Sep 02, 2016
[b][/b]UNa 4gt 2asked d prices... Hw much??
D names mk sense
Re: Nigerian Manufactures Solar Powered Tricycle (keke-napep) by Nobody: 6:31pm On Sep 02, 2016
This Amina Mohammed is everywhere o. Its rare for a Nigerian minister of Environment to be this visible in the media.

Who knows, she may be gunning for the APC presidential ticket in 2019 cheesy
Re: Nigerian Manufactures Solar Powered Tricycle (keke-napep) by harmbhrosz(m): 6:58pm On Sep 02, 2016
lanre316:

it is called innovation bro...
Facebook was an innovation not an invention meaning there has been other social medias before Facebook and it is called thinking outside the box.

When I 1st saw the topic what came to my mind was the solar panel will serve as an alternative power source for the keke hereby reducing it cost of fuel probably by 50% during raining season and 70%(probably) during dry season.

Now imagine the cost of transportation reducing probably by 50% or 40% during dry season isn't that something that everyone will enjoy. That's how positive i see this innovation.
Re: Nigerian Manufactures Solar Powered Tricycle (keke-napep) by Kfed4ril(m): 7:02pm On Sep 02, 2016
lanre316:

It's good to be technologically inclined if not you wouldn't be saying something like this.
Do u think u can just fix a solar panel to any keke and it will start working?
The mechanism for this is totally different from petrol powered keke.

Do small research brother.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Manufactures Solar Powered Tricycle (keke-napep) by harmbhrosz(m): 7:03pm On Sep 02, 2016
Pylony:
Nah! i don't think so, the sun is plentiful in Africa with about 325days of bright sun light a year than any part of the Globe, but we use less of the solar than Europe and America that have less exposure to the sun. Even if the Northern Nigeria is brighter than the south, we are still better under the sun than the western world.
God bless you jare

If only investors will invest on those could be the sole distributor of this keke in the whole Africa
Re: Nigerian Manufactures Solar Powered Tricycle (keke-napep) by zetel95(m): 7:37pm On Sep 02, 2016
BetaHealth2016:

I they going to let all this things see the light of d day, if it where to be in United State of America, the government will support and fund or promote the project.
Re: Nigerian Manufactures Solar Powered Tricycle (keke-napep) by Pylony(m): 7:50pm On Sep 02, 2016
harmbhrosz:
God bless you jare

If only investors will invest on those could be the sole distributor of this keke in the whole Africa
Believe me, When it comes to solar sourced energy this is one area our Goverment is not happy abt, they prefer a situation where by people will pay into their pocket to get their energy needs. If not so, they should have attract solar panel manufacturers into the country by now with our epileptic electricity supply. They know, should Nigerians get to mount Panels on their roofs, that will shrink what they get from all those power companies own by fellow politicians and their friends. Our politicians should take a que from the Kenyan Government policies on the use of solar energy to electrify rural areas.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Manufactures Solar Powered Tricycle (keke-napep) by truthspeaks: 8:04pm On Sep 02, 2016
Yea. APC invented it grin cheesy cheesy. Shld I call u ode or zombie, choose 1 grin
sunnyside16:
Awesome, just awesome. APC is working.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Manufactures Solar Powered Tricycle (keke-napep) by sunnyside16(m): 8:27pm On Sep 02, 2016
truthspeaks:
Yea. APC invented it grin cheesy cheesy. Shld I call u ode or zombie, choose 1 grin

Choose the one that defines you. Thank you.
Re: Nigerian Manufactures Solar Powered Tricycle (keke-napep) by truthspeaks: 8:29pm On Sep 02, 2016
I couldn't agree more grin grin. U r welcome
sunnyside16:

I choose the one that defines me wch is ode-zombie. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Manufactures Solar Powered Tricycle (keke-napep) by j3r3myk3n(m): 8:41pm On Sep 02, 2016
Awa omo Igbo, Igbo.
Re: Nigerian Manufactures Solar Powered Tricycle (keke-napep) by sunnyside16(m): 9:15pm On Sep 02, 2016
truthspeaks:
I couldn't agree more cos we are both ode-zombie grin grin. U r welcome

you are really a compatriot. weld one and thank you for saving me the stress grin
truthspeaks:
I couldn't agree more cos we are both ode-zombie grin grin. U r welcome

you are really a compatriot. weld one and thank you for saving me the stress

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Express/PAID Vin Check.RELOADED...REports mailed to you within 1HR GUARANTEED / Fhemmmy Motos Presents You **Mercedes-Benz G-WAGON - PICK ONE & Look CUTE** / Naira Gain Against The US Dollar: What Will Happen To Greedy Car Dealers?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.