Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,801 members, 7,810,087 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:27 PM

Whatsapp Deadline For Blackberry: What's The Way Forward? - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Whatsapp Deadline For Blackberry: What's The Way Forward? (46811 Views)

Evernote Pulls Out Its Support For Blackberry Devices And Windows Phones / Whatsapp Extends Support For Blackberry To End Of 2017 / Whatsapp Fix For Blackberry Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Whatsapp Deadline For Blackberry: What's The Way Forward? by ExplicitContent: 2:08pm On Sep 03, 2016
I go just buy iPhone6 to take care of that. Shikena.
Cause there is something about this Q5 I love cant juzt dispose it like that .
Re: Whatsapp Deadline For Blackberry: What's The Way Forward? by bbfanboy01: 2:36pm On Sep 03, 2016
Y are pple even bordered bout dis. Its very simple. If u using a BlackBerry 10 os fone. ( z10 z30 z3, q10, q5, leap, classic & passport) u dnt need worry. Jst upgrade yur operating system and den download facebook for andriod ( which is actually beta dan fb for BlackBerry) also download watsapp for andriod. U can do dis via a quiet num of ways e.g tru d 1mobile market app. Amazon app ( comes preinstaled wit d latest operating system of BlackBerry 10 fones as a substitute for BlackBerry app world) u can also do dis by downloading and installing d apk of d app u want to download ( in dis case Facebook n watsapp) but for d BlackBerry 7 n co os. Am Afraid dis is d end for dem exept john chen ( BlackBerry ceo) succeeds in convincing dis app developers to change dia minds
Re: Whatsapp Deadline For Blackberry: What's The Way Forward? by missiamme: 2:39pm On Sep 03, 2016
rejoixe:

yes.. if u're using a bb10 phone jst download facebook lite for android.. it is even better than facebook for blackberry.
yes, I'm using bb10. where can I download it? thanks
Re: Whatsapp Deadline For Blackberry: What's The Way Forward? by ruggedadventure(m): 2:46pm On Sep 03, 2016
Tesland:
Biko, any body go like buy my Q10?
Seconded
Re: Whatsapp Deadline For Blackberry: What's The Way Forward? by Kakamorufu(m): 3:01pm On Sep 03, 2016
mo yaa tete ra infinix nitemi
Re: Whatsapp Deadline For Blackberry: What's The Way Forward? by go4success(f): 3:08pm On Sep 03, 2016
jahstech:
Solution is pretty simple, I have 2 WhatsApp running on my BlackBerry Q10, I actually bought a Bb10 device to carry out the experiment first hand, my findings; no need to panic for BlackBerry 10 users, just upgrade to blackberry to the more stable 10.3.2.2836 to run apk more freely, install playstore and Google play services and you are good to go!! See screen shots.
Observe that am currently using 2 WhatsApp, I have Google play store installed, I have Xender and a host of other apk stuffs I need.. BlackBerry is so awesome cheesy
Typed this post from my UC Browser, android version
[sup][/sup][url][/url]I do I upgrade?
Re: Whatsapp Deadline For Blackberry: What's The Way Forward? by femi4: 3:14pm On Sep 03, 2016
IamOpemipo:
With the current deadline of 31st of December 2016 by Whatsapp to make the social medial platform inaccessible for BlackBerry users what will be the fate of hardened BlackBerry lovers like me who wouldn't want to part with their smartphone and still wanna enjoy whatsapp??

I just hope whatsapp change their decision before the due date..

Get android......or be left behind!
Re: Whatsapp Deadline For Blackberry: What's The Way Forward? by Jhanny(m): 3:32pm On Sep 03, 2016
Thanks for the tip bro,am actually using a BlackBerry Q10 nd currently run on version 10.3.2.2876...but how do I download Google play store on my device? Wit ease too,do I av to go through any special site or just my normal phone browser?..
Re: Whatsapp Deadline For Blackberry: What's The Way Forward? by emmanuel4758(m): 3:43pm On Sep 03, 2016
MrMarvelous:
If you have a Laptop, download Bluestacks app and Install any android app of your choice...that's what I'm doing come Dec. 31st anyway.
how e dey work
Re: Whatsapp Deadline For Blackberry: What's The Way Forward? by Nobody: 4:14pm On Sep 03, 2016
emmanuel4758:
how e dey work
Uhmmm download/get the app, install it, register your account, and voila...all you need to do is import any android app (games, applications etc) and install it on the bluestacks. And that's it. grin smiley
Re: Whatsapp Deadline For Blackberry: What's The Way Forward? by jswagg4(m): 4:41pm On Sep 03, 2016
parrotibaba:
Since you are a hardened bb phone lover just get a cheap tecno or infinix phone as a side phone and use it for WhatsApp.
you get sense. You fit get the one of 5k for computer village sef.
Re: Whatsapp Deadline For Blackberry: What's The Way Forward? by ChynoBEATS: 4:47pm On Sep 03, 2016
IamOpemipo:
With the current deadline of 31st of December 2016 by Whatsapp to make the social medial platform inaccessible for BlackBerry users what will be the fate of hardened BlackBerry lovers like me

HiKE Messenger . Try it
Re: Whatsapp Deadline For Blackberry: What's The Way Forward? by Distinguishy(m): 5:56pm On Sep 03, 2016
Tooor me dat can't do without bb phone, ABA PRODUCERS over to u o!
Re: Whatsapp Deadline For Blackberry: What's The Way Forward? by Nobody: 6:19pm On Sep 03, 2016
Better still.....to all BB loyalists like me.....get the new BB Priv...... Lost my BB z3
Re: Whatsapp Deadline For Blackberry: What's The Way Forward? by wowdiva: 6:22pm On Sep 03, 2016
kindredspirit:

Can you send files and pictures to your contacts with the Android version of WhatsApp that you downloaded? It appears that this feature is restricted/denied on the apk version of WhatsApp on BB10.

Noticed that today, can't send files or pictures.
Re: Whatsapp Deadline For Blackberry: What's The Way Forward? by wowdiva: 6:24pm On Sep 03, 2016
kindredspirit:

Can you send files and pictures to your contacts with the Android version of WhatsApp that you downloaded? It appears that this feature is restricted/denied on the apk version of WhatsApp on BB10.

Installed what'sapp apk on my bbb10 and I noticed I can't send files or pictures , But I can receive pictures and files. Any solution?
Re: Whatsapp Deadline For Blackberry: What's The Way Forward? by Joshuasbox(m): 6:32pm On Sep 03, 2016
Ximonak:
Whatsapp pushed update to my z10 yesterday, I just ignored it...

Remember that's how Facebook pushed the last update, and those that updated said it changed their Facebook app to just Web browsing app.

But I just hope whatsapp apk will work after they remove the whatsapp in BlackBerry store. It's platform is even different it's different from bb10 whatsapp and it works

BlackBerry 10 Security and stability is da bomb (no matter the apps you have it the phone will not crash)
I hope they maintain it in their android phone too...

It will work very fine but, you won't be able send media files conveniently some won't go through. BB10 developers are already building an app called Waa Fixer to fix that bug. But sure you'll still continue to use WhatsApp on BB with ease even after they leave by December.

2 Likes

Re: Whatsapp Deadline For Blackberry: What's The Way Forward? by jahstech: 7:19pm On Sep 03, 2016
Timileyin1234:

Please, how did u install google playstore

Frankaka8:
I have upgraded to blackberry os version: 10.3.2.798. Download and installed two differnt Google playstore, launched it. Buh it is bouncing back. Couldn't pop up. Question is, must my os be exact dat of urs stated above?

For all those asking, follow this link; http://forums.crackberry.com/android-apps-amazon-store-apk-files-f413/google-play-store-blackberry-10-read-first-post-instructions-985344/

Or download crackberry on any android device and search for cobalt playstore installation
Re: Whatsapp Deadline For Blackberry: What's The Way Forward? by jahstech: 7:25pm On Sep 03, 2016
go4success:
[sup][/sup][url][/url]I do I upgrade?
Either upgrade via your laptop using the loader file or by using OTA Upgrade.
Re: Whatsapp Deadline For Blackberry: What's The Way Forward? by fuckpoverty(m): 8:11pm On Sep 03, 2016
abeg they should please rectify d issue oooo....cuz I can't do witout blackberry phones am using d latest of blackberry ooo.....i fucking hate a phone witout buttons to type fast...dat y I so much hate pure android phone
Re: Whatsapp Deadline For Blackberry: What's The Way Forward? by Chriswazo(m): 8:19pm On Sep 03, 2016
Ruggedadventure, how much you wan sell? Am in need of a blackberry Q10. Mention me if you want to sell
Re: Whatsapp Deadline For Blackberry: What's The Way Forward? by Nathkem01(m): 8:19pm On Sep 03, 2016
IamOpemipo:
Lalasticlala e epp mi sir
your own no dey pass, ee help me ni?
Re: Whatsapp Deadline For Blackberry: What's The Way Forward? by okdannyel(m): 8:27pm On Sep 03, 2016
Those of us who have the OS 7 and others below 10 should use this link => theiexplorers.com/OTA/#Facebook
Re: Whatsapp Deadline For Blackberry: What's The Way Forward? by ruggedadventure(m): 8:28pm On Sep 03, 2016
Chriswazo:
Ruggedadventure, how much you wan sell? Am in need of a blackberry Q10. Mention me if you want to sell

Drop ur contact let's talk business OR call 08059624521
Re: Whatsapp Deadline For Blackberry: What's The Way Forward? by okdannyel(m): 8:46pm On Sep 03, 2016
bbfanboy01:
Y are pple even bordered bout dis. Its very simple. If u using a BlackBerry 10 os fone. ( z10 z30 z3, q10, q5, leap, classic & passport) u dnt need worry. Jst upgrade yur operating system and den download facebook for andriod ( which is actually beta dan fb for BlackBerry) also download watsapp for andriod. U can do dis via a quiet num of ways e.g tru d 1mobile market app. Amazon app ( comes preinstaled wit d latest operating system of BlackBerry 10 fones as a substitute for BlackBerry app world) u can also do dis by downloading and installing d apk of d app u want to download ( in dis case Facebook n watsapp) but for d BlackBerry 7 n co os. Am Afraid dis is d end for dem exept john chen ( BlackBerry ceo) succeeds in convincing dis app developers to change dia minds

This is not the end for OS 7 users.. I'm using the downgraded version of FB right now
Re: Whatsapp Deadline For Blackberry: What's The Way Forward? by tikkykay: 9:51pm On Sep 03, 2016
I love my BlackBerry 10 buh what can I do...I dnt lyk 2 using 2 fones....i can deal with dt a bit buh I can't sub on an android nd BlackBerry altogether...I dnt think there are cheaper subs 4 bb10 nd android...any good advice...abi make I just sell d bb10,nobody wants 2 buy sef...
Re: Whatsapp Deadline For Blackberry: What's The Way Forward? by Chriswazo(m): 11:59pm On Sep 03, 2016
ruggedadventure:

Drop ur contact let's talk business OR call 08059624521
I no see you on whatsapp. But I will call you tomorrow.
Re: Whatsapp Deadline For Blackberry: What's The Way Forward? by shegra58: 12:37am On Sep 04, 2016
xmen4mee:
is it only because of whatsapp that u can only use phone to do
which kind language are u speaking cos u don murder english finish. undecided
Re: Whatsapp Deadline For Blackberry: What's The Way Forward? by ruggedadventure(m): 12:57am On Sep 04, 2016
Chriswazo:

I no see you on whatsapp. But I will call you tomorrow.
Yeah. that's not ma whatsapp line

Will b expecting ur call

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Deadline For Blackberry: What's The Way Forward? by Kfed4ril(m): 9:27am On Sep 04, 2016
Tesland:
Biko, any body go like buy my Q10?
U go sell am 5k?
Re: Whatsapp Deadline For Blackberry: What's The Way Forward? by sleepyeyez(m): 12:55pm On Sep 04, 2016
dharay99:

Tipical senseless comment from
a Nokia 3310 user...

Buhahaha kikikiki hehehehehe! I swear u no well o!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Best Blackberry Data Plan In Nigeria: Which Network? / MTN #YelloEleven Promo: Text 11 To 400 / How To Activate Glo For Glo 3g Plus For Prepaid Lines

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.