Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,286 members, 7,957,742 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 06:52 PM

Be Careful In Posting Your Sites Here - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Be Careful In Posting Your Sites Here (806 Views)

Get Your Logos And Graphic Designs For Your Sites Done Today / Difficulty In Posting To Blogger Blog / EXPOSED: How To Host Your Sites On A Free VPS From Amazon AWS (613mb RAM) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Be Careful In Posting Your Sites Here by kelechiodo(m): 3:03pm On Oct 04, 2009
Please take this warning especially if you are a newbie in website designing. You can design a webiste and post it here for people to review only for you to be washed down with both destructive and constructive critism. Unfortunately, your client may decide to google his site only to be confronted with the critism post here. And your client who was so happy with the site will automatically join the bandwagon, and then only God will help you. I suggest that you choose some experts here and send them mail for comment on your site. An experience my guy had wasnt good at all.
Re: Be Careful In Posting Your Sites Here by Afam(m): 3:22pm On Oct 04, 2009
I agree it takes a strong heart to post reviews here as you may be faced with different comments from those that make sense to those that are nonsense.

But if you don't want people to post here why would you post here concerning help with scratch card implementation 24 hrs ago? Personally if you know what you are doing posting a website for reviews why people will post comments would be better as long as you take valid points made and apply them if need be.
Re: Be Careful In Posting Your Sites Here by winnersho: 6:53pm On Oct 04, 2009
Afam:

I agree it takes a strong heart to post reviews here as you may be faced with different comments from those that make sense to those that are nonsense.

But if you don't want people to post here why would you post here concerning help with scratch card implementation 24 hrs ago? Personally if you know what you are doing posting a website for reviews why people will post comments would be better as long as you take valid points made and apply them if need be.

kelechiodo:

Please take this warning especially if you are a newbie in website designing. You can design a webiste and post it here for people to review only for you to be washed down with both destructive and constructive critism. Unfortunately, your client may decide to google his site only to be confronted with the critism post here. And your client who was so happy with the site will automatically join the bandwagon, and then only God will help you. I suggest that you choose some experts here and send them mail for comment on your site. An experience my guy had wasnt good at all.
Re: Be Careful In Posting Your Sites Here by yawatide(f): 9:46am On Oct 05, 2009
I guess people think differently but if I were a client and found my site being reviewed here, I would be glad that people took the time to review it, free of charge.  On the other side of the coin, as a developer, posting my sites (I used to do it in the past though my stopping has nothing to do with clients seeing the comments but more because it turned into a competition by others rather than an actual review) would actually make me think twice about what I am about to post knowing that people are ready to rip it apart if I do something wrong. 

Consequently, I would make sure I take care of certain things based on prior reviews before posting (making sure contact forms work, etc).  Maybe the fear here is more on the "webmaster" than on the client in that he/she doesn't want the client to know that the work they did is crap (as most clients aren't that informed)?  I have used this example before but I redesigned a site for a friend early this year.  This is a site that I found via google 2 years ago and sent the person email.  I never got a response and was crushed as a result.  As a result of me redesigning the site, I found out that the "webmaster" listed an email on the site that was never actually created.  The site also had so many tables that it wouldn't open under "STP" even in the US.  Now suppose this site was posted here for review and my friend happened to stumble upon it.  It would have been bad news for the "webmaster".

Unless you are under contract not to "expose" a site, I see nothing wrong with doing such.  Anyone who reads reviews should be able to weed out the wheat from the chaff.  Or is it just me?
Re: Be Careful In Posting Your Sites Here by smartsoft(m): 1:17pm On Oct 05, 2009
ya wa, talk like a black man !
Re: Be Careful In Posting Your Sites Here by kolitos007: 3:16pm On Oct 05, 2009
yawa-ti-de:

I guess people think differently but if I were a client and found my site being reviewed here, I would be glad that people took the time to review it, free of charge.  On the other side of the coin, as a developer, posting my sites (I used to do it in the past though my stopping has nothing to do with clients seeing the comments but more because it turned into a competition by others rather than an actual review) would actually make me think twice about what I am about to post knowing that people are ready to rip it apart if I do something wrong. 

Consequently, I would make sure I take care of certain things based on prior reviews before posting (making sure contact forms work, etc).  Maybe the fear here is more on the "webmaster" than on the client in that he/she doesn't want the client to know that the work they did is crap (as most clients aren't that informed)?  I have used this example before but I redesigned a site for a friend early this year.  This is a site that I found via google 2 years ago and sent the person email.  I never got a response and was crushed as a result.  As a result of me redesigning the site, I found out that the "webmaster" listed an email on the site that was never actually created.  The site also had so many tables that it wouldn't open under "STP" even in the US.  Now suppose this site was posted here for review and my friend happened to stumble upon it.  It would have been bad news for the "webmaster".

Unless you are under contract not to "expose" a site, I see nothing wrong with doing such.  Anyone who reads reviews should be able to weed out the wheat from the chaff.  Or is it just me?

I applaud you on your comments, you are correct, I think it is based on the webmasters views, as much as you get people trying to compete, you may still find out the smallest things you have missed just by getting other peoples views so it helps

(1) (Reply)

Vps Dillema / Make Una Helep Me Oh Website Designer Gurus / Nigeriabestform: What Went Wrong -

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.