Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,567 members, 7,820,045 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:00 AM

Scammed By A Nigerian Friend In The US - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Scammed By A Nigerian Friend In The US (29638 Views)

I have been Scammed by Austin Chukuma (Nairaland @Drisklef) / Help! I Was Scammed By First Bank, Now I Am Going To Jail Because Of It. / Delay In Clearing My Cars At Lagos Port...am I Being Scammed? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Scammed By A Nigerian Friend In The US by solidhomes: 10:50pm On Sep 02, 2016
I did a job for someone in the US and gave a friend's US account to receive the money with the plan of opening a domiciliary account here and asking him to transfer the money to it. Over time, the money got to some thousands of dollars with him. I eventually opened the account and sent the details to him so he could help me transfer it. He didn't respond and when I called him he didn't answer the call. I called him several times after that, no response. I sent mails to him, no response. I tried to contact him on Facebook and found out he had deactivated his account. It's been like 6 weeks now and the only response to all the messages I sent to him is that even if I report the matter to the police, there is nothing they can do because it is a civil case and he will go ahead to declare bankruptcy and all he owns in the US is a TV which costs about $300.

I have all necessary details about him but I need to know the right way to go about this. I can push it to a level where he will face some charges due to his travel and work history in the US and may even lose so much but that may not eventually bring back my money.

Please, dear people, what do you suggest I do?

7 Likes

Re: Scammed By A Nigerian Friend In The US by CIGARETTE: 11:04pm On Sep 02, 2016
Sorry sir....go report am give sango or amadioha

53 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Scammed By A Nigerian Friend In The US by fergieboy: 11:36pm On Sep 02, 2016
Take his picture and his full name to a confirm herbalist make them start work for him head grin

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Scammed By A Nigerian Friend In The US by solidhomes: 11:47pm On Sep 02, 2016
CIGARETTE:
Sorry sir....go report am give sango or amadioha

God is my confirmed sango and amadioha. Thanks jare grin

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Scammed By A Nigerian Friend In The US by Nobody: 12:15am On Sep 03, 2016
If u know where his relations live,take some area boys there n beat them up properly n let them know why u are doing it....it works like magic. I know some people that travelled to Lybia,with the intention of them crossing into Italy from there. But on getting there the Nigerian agent refuse crossing him n keep asking for money from d parents, until they went n fu*k up his relations.... He crossed the guy the next day.

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Scammed By A Nigerian Friend In The US by solidhomes: 12:27am On Sep 03, 2016
fergieboy:
Take his picture and his full name to a confirm herbalist make them start work for him head grin

Lol

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Scammed By A Nigerian Friend In The US by solidhomes: 12:30am On Sep 03, 2016
Grinch:
If u know where his relations live,take some area boys there n beat them up properly n let them know why u are doing it....it works like magic. I know some people that travelled to Lybia,with the intention of them crossing into Italy from there. But on getting there the Nigerian agent refuse crossing him n keep asking for money from d parents, until they went n fu*k up his relations.... He crossed the guy the next day.

Hmmmm...Never thought of this o. I actually know his younger brother and can get how to see him. But from what I heard, he doesn't really care about this younger brother. I might just try that with the hope he won't prefer to lose his younger brother for money. Thanks plenty.

4 Likes

Re: Scammed By A Nigerian Friend In The US by Nobody: 12:38am On Sep 03, 2016
solidhomes:

Hmmmm...Never thought of this o. I actually know his younger brother and can get how to see him. But from what I heard, he doesn't really care about this younger brother. I might just try that with the hope he won't prefer to lose his younger brother for money. Thanks plenty.
Welcome grin

1 Like

Re: Scammed By A Nigerian Friend In The US by lazinny(m): 1:15am On Sep 03, 2016
All he owns in the US is a $300 Tv. That is quite depressing.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Scammed By A Nigerian Friend In The US by anyimontana(m): 2:04am On Sep 03, 2016
So buhari hardship reach u.s too?.

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Scammed By A Nigerian Friend In The US by George22016(m): 2:47am On Sep 03, 2016
solidhomes:

brother

My aunty imports cars from the USA, this beating stuff is related to be work.she has even beaten up a ex minister nephew before.but do it with sense

6 Likes

Re: Scammed By A Nigerian Friend In The US by Ikedonn(m): 8:06am On Sep 03, 2016
Following
Re: Scammed By A Nigerian Friend In The US by veekid(m): 10:26am On Sep 03, 2016
Nigerians can scam anything scammable

3 Likes

Re: Scammed By A Nigerian Friend In The US by akinola107(m): 10:26am On Sep 03, 2016
grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Scammed By A Nigerian Friend In The US by Clone2020(m): 10:28am On Sep 03, 2016
Give us his details. He can be traced and found. He can be reported to his employer by nairaland members on the company's twitter page, Facebook page and a flood of letters. They may not immediately terminate him since he can sue them for wrongful termination but he would at least feel embarrassed and they would be monitoring him closely for any wrongful doings.

I think that's the best you can do at this point, Nigeria doesn't have the political muscle to have its citizens extradited back to Nigeria for proper prosecution and especially not for a minor case like this. Good luck.

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Scammed By A Nigerian Friend In The US by walemoney007(m): 10:28am On Sep 03, 2016
fergieboy:
this is the best advice

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Scammed By A Nigerian Friend In The US by arimahoseloka(m): 10:29am On Sep 03, 2016
solidhomes:
I did a job for someone in the US and gave a friend's US account to receive the money with the plan of opening a domiciliary account here and asking him to transfer the money to it. Over time, the money got to some thousands of dollars with him. I eventually opened the account and sent the details to him so he could help me transfer it. He didn't respond and when I called him he didn't answer the call. I called him several times after that, no response. I sent mails to him, no response. I tried to contact him on Facebook and found out he had deactivated his account. It's been like 6 weeks now and the only response to all the messages I sent to him is that even if I report the matter to the police, there is nothing they can do because it is a civil case and he will go ahead to declare bankruptcy and all he owns in the US is a TV which costs about $300.

I have all necessary details about him but I need to know the right way to go about this. I can push it to a level where he will face some charges due to his travel and work history in the US and may even lose so much but that may not eventually bring back my money.

Please, dear people, what do you suggest I do?
why didn't u use a Nigerian bank account till ur domiciliary accout was ready? I fear human beings o. I trust nobody.. nobody I tell u

13 Likes

Re: Scammed By A Nigerian Friend In The US by McBrooklyn(m): 10:29am On Sep 03, 2016
cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Scammed By A Nigerian Friend In The US by adren(m): 10:29am On Sep 03, 2016
just play along.. he will still come back to naija one day..

then.. you can show him that 20 years eba can still be hot in a cruel way

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Scammed By A Nigerian Friend In The US by McBrooklyn(m): 10:29am On Sep 03, 2016
OK
Re: Scammed By A Nigerian Friend In The US by eyinjuege: 10:30am On Sep 03, 2016
Even if you beat his brother, I doubt he will send you your money, and you'll be arrested by Nigerian police.
The most you can do is to report him to the authorities in the US. If you have access to travel, do that and sue him to court there, possibly a small claims court if your money isn't more than $5k or so.
You really cannot trust anyone when it comes to money issues. Even blood brothers and spouses betray themselves.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Scammed By A Nigerian Friend In The US by weblord1900: 10:32am On Sep 03, 2016
please how do I comment on nairaland

1 Like

Re: Scammed By A Nigerian Friend In The US by Nobody: 10:33am On Sep 03, 2016
Okay,but if I help you how much you go press me and my boys?

1 Like

Re: Scammed By A Nigerian Friend In The US by Lordtrillion(m): 10:33am On Sep 03, 2016
shocked :oHmmm, Boys Are Not Smiling(B.A.N.S).
Sorry bro, best thing is to reach out to his family here in Naija, maybe they might be able to talk sense into him. Just maybe embarassed embarassed

1 Like

Re: Scammed By A Nigerian Friend In The US by federal9: 10:34am On Sep 03, 2016
So sad. My friend just sent this to me how a nairaland mod banned him. Just look at the below and see d date d ban will expire.
And my? Is how old will my friend be by then?

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Scammed By A Nigerian Friend In The US by soberdrunk(m): 10:34am On Sep 03, 2016
I wonder how people can trust someone with "thousands of dollars"! I cant trust my own mother with 100k angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Scammed By A Nigerian Friend In The US by piissreligion: 10:34am On Sep 03, 2016
solidhomes:

I'd advice against take this course of action sir.
There are better ways to go about it.
If you have all the details and trail of communication you two have had, try to pursue it by reporting to Nigerian police? embarassed okay not Nigerian police, maybe the social media may help, if you can contact top bloggers and social media personnel with evidences of this fraudulent act, it's one way to fight it.
Another way is to archive all your documents and evidences pending when either you can travel to the US or he comes to Nigeria or you can use that as a bargaining chip (if he's the type that cares about his reputation anyways).
A less pleasant one is to let it go.......dis one hard me to type sef but whatever you do, do not commit a crime against an innocent person.

21 Likes

Re: Scammed By A Nigerian Friend In The US by Naturallyme: 10:36am On Sep 03, 2016
Those guys over there hen, some are next to devil.

1 Like

Re: Scammed By A Nigerian Friend In The US by Solitin40: 10:36am On Sep 03, 2016
'all he owns in the US is a TV which costs about $300.'

so you know this and you sent him over 1 thousand dollars but why can't you order for payoneer card

God will fight for you sorry ehn

6 Likes

Re: Scammed By A Nigerian Friend In The US by ahamonyeka(m): 10:36am On Sep 03, 2016
Ok,problem solved.how do you want it should he empty his account and send the money to you or do you want him repatriated?just buy one bottle of schnapps I mean original one ,one he goat,two white fowls,ten aligator peper,ten kolanuts,five tubers of yam,and some ingredients you know nau.after the the whole work when I finish you will come here on nairaland to thank me seriously.

8 Likes

Re: Scammed By A Nigerian Friend In The US by White007(m): 10:36am On Sep 03, 2016
Op, send me a private mail, I'll help you track him and possibly get your money.

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Three Banks Failed Capital Adequacy Test - CBN / Investment Opportunity In Packaged Water Business / Akwa Ibom Manufactures Toothpicks (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.