Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,079 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:40 AM

Spectranet Deducting Data During Supposedly Free Unlimited Night Browsing - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Spectranet Deducting Data During Supposedly Free Unlimited Night Browsing (6246 Views)

Ntel introduced unlimited night plans...500naira for 60gb or more / Airtel Scrap Hourly Unlimited Night Plan Then Introduces 1.5GB For N50 And Other / How To Deactivate All Etisalat Services To Stop Deducting Your Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Spectranet Deducting Data During Supposedly Free Unlimited Night Browsing by soulfood(m): 1:02am On Sep 03, 2016
I am using a spectranet mifi and i am on a monthly 20Gig plan with free browsing between 1am and 7am promised as part of the package. I noticed recently that my data expires so fast despite the fact that i always do my heavy downloads during the free unlimited period.

I tried reaching spectranet on their customer care number but no one ever picks. I would hold on for minutes after following directions by the automated voice until the line cuts.

Yesterday, i logged on to the self care portal and i was able to view my most recent 24 hours history of which i have attached the screen shot below. You can see in the "banks deducted" column that almost 3gig of data was deducted in just one night of supposed free browsing, tagged night data bank.

I consider this a big rip off by spectranet. Why charge for data during hours you promised would be free?

Re: Spectranet Deducting Data During Supposedly Free Unlimited Night Browsing by BabaEleko(m): 5:09am On Sep 08, 2016
Mehn.... I just launched my new spectranet mifi with the 10k data plan and it didn't take more than 24hrs for me to notice that this "free night browsing" thing is a highway daylight robbery. I discourage anyone who find this free browsing thing attractive, its as fraudulent. Thumbs down Spectranet. Naija, we still got a long way to go! embarassed

1 Like

Re: Spectranet Deducting Data During Supposedly Free Unlimited Night Browsing by LordReed(m): 9:26am On Sep 08, 2016
soulfood:
I am using a spectranet mifi and i am on a monthly 20Gig plan with free browsing between 1am and 7am promised as part of the package. I noticed recently that my data expires so fast despite the fact that i always do my heavy downloads during the free unlimited period.

I tried reaching spectranet on their customer care number but no one ever picks. I would hold on for minutes after following directions by the automated voice until the line cuts.

Yesterday, i logged on to the self care portal and i was able to view my most recent 24 hours history of which i have attached the screen shot below. You can see in the "banks deducted" column that almost 3gig of data was deducted in just one night of supposed free browsing, tagged night data bank.

I consider this a big rip off by spectranet. Why charge for data during hours you promised would be free?

They are not deducting it, only showing you how much you used. I used to use Spectranet but I have since ported over to Ntel no more worries about data caps.

1 Like

Re: Spectranet Deducting Data During Supposedly Free Unlimited Night Browsing by soulfood(m): 4:29pm On Sep 08, 2016
they are deducting cos my data balance reduces equivalent to the amount of data quoted in the night bank every morning. i spoke with one of their distributors who gave this excuse that i have to switch off the device at 1am and put it back on for the mifi to access free night browsing. I think that is a real sorry excuse cos they don't ask me to switch off my device before disconnecting my data service once it expires or data is exhausted. please tell me about ntel.
LordReed:

They are not deducting it, only showing you how much you used. I used to use Spectranet but I have since ported over to Ntel no more worries about data caps.
Re: Spectranet Deducting Data During Supposedly Free Unlimited Night Browsing by Nobody: 5:57pm On Sep 08, 2016
soulfood:
they are deducting cos my data balance reduces equivalent to the amount of data quoted in the night bank every morning. i spoke with one of their distributors who gave this excuse that i have to switch off the device at 1am and put it back on for the mifi to access free night browsing. I think that is a real sorry excuse cos they don't ask me to switch off my device before disconnecting my data service once it expires or data is exhausted. please tell me about ntel.

I've been using this spectranet plan for several months now and I've not noticed this. Yes the night data counts along with day plan, but it doesn't affect m day plan. For eg if I have 12gb reading on my modem before midnight, then download 5gb file using night plan it would say I have used 17gb but actually it doesn't affect the day plan. The best way to know is to log in to their self care portal where the real data count is seen.

Anyway I have ported to ntel and life is so much better. Same 10k I pay for spectranet but with unlimited data so I don't have to wait until 1am before I can do heavy download. Impressive speed too, 25-30mbps with just 1 network bar. I ended up unlocking y spectranet modem for this.

1 Like

Re: Spectranet Deducting Data During Supposedly Free Unlimited Night Browsing by LordReed(m): 8:30am On Sep 09, 2016
soulfood:

If you are using the Spectranet mifi then you can just have it cracked and you'll be able to use it on Ntel. I assume you are either in Lagos or Abuja cos those are the only places Ntel is at the moment. Currently they have 3 plans all unlimited. 1k for 3days, 3k for 1week and 10k for 1month. I use the latter and can tell you that it is truly unlimited.

1 Like

Re: Spectranet Deducting Data During Supposedly Free Unlimited Night Browsing by soulfood(m): 11:26am On Sep 09, 2016
How do i get it cracked? Thank you.
LordReed:

If you are using the Spectranet mifi then you can just have it cracked and you'll be able to use it on Ntel. I assume you are either in Lagos or Abuja cos those are the only places Ntel is at the moment. Currently they have 3 plans all unlimited. 1k for 3days, 3k for 1week and 10k for 1month. I use the latter and can tell you that it is truly unlimited.
Re: Spectranet Deducting Data During Supposedly Free Unlimited Night Browsing by soulfood(m): 11:30am On Sep 09, 2016
I have continued to call Spectranet's call center but the machine always puts me on hold till it cuts off. In my years of experiencing various customer service, spectranet's is the worst ever. One week and unable to make a direct complaint to my ISP.
Re: Spectranet Deducting Data During Supposedly Free Unlimited Night Browsing by bejeria101(m): 4:41am On Sep 10, 2016
LordReed:

Im in!
Re: Spectranet Deducting Data During Supposedly Free Unlimited Night Browsing by LordReed(m): 7:05am On Sep 10, 2016
soulfood:
How do i get it cracked? Thank you.

What's your location?
Re: Spectranet Deducting Data During Supposedly Free Unlimited Night Browsing by Waju83(m): 6:20am On Jul 06, 2023
Does ntel still work?

(1) (Reply)

PHOTOS: The Smartest Phone Calculator / Is The New Airtel Club Ten Padis True / Why Is No One Talking About The Tecno Spark 10c?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.