Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,826 members, 7,817,410 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:47 AM

Restructure Now, Experts, Afenifere, Others Tell Buhari - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Restructure Now, Experts, Afenifere, Others Tell Buhari (19171 Views)

Middle Belt Groups, Afenifere, Others Kick As ACF Rejects State Police / Resign If You’re Not Strong Enough, Bishops, Others Tell Buhari / PDP Crisis: Hands Off Our Dispute, Makarfi, Others Tell Justice Abang (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Restructure Now, Experts, Afenifere, Others Tell Buhari by GenBloodykiIler: 7:40am On Sep 03, 2016
kenny987:

The moniker quoted is nothing but an unconscionable troll. You should have absolutely ignored that post n paid it no mind.

The bolded is what some people fail to understand n appreciate particularly d political elite. It is not by d threat n force of war or massacres, whatever is achieved by this means remains ever troubled, untrue and will come crashing down under its own weight.

Still, I disagree with u on this submission:

I will not go into any winding disagreement, I'll only ask a few questions:
Whend did Biafra come into existence?
Why was the Biafran or civil war fought in 1967 until 1970?
When were d IPOB n Radio Biafra formed?
Why has MASSOB been on existence and its members routinely harassed n jailed?
Do you honestly believe Nnamdi Kanu only started speaking when Jonathan conceded and Buhari came into power?
Was/Is IPOB in support of Jonathan and any Nigerian government?
What is the MEND about ie Emancipation of the Niger Delta?

Please do some good research in answering these and i leave u to decide whether in all honesty and without bias, it is merely because of loss of political stock.
nice

7 Likes

Re: Restructure Now, Experts, Afenifere, Others Tell Buhari by Noneroone(m): 8:02am On Sep 03, 2016
modath:

Massob & other groups have been going about their call in tandem with global best practices till this new guy emerged with his brand of bile..

This time 2014, did we have same situation? Where were they all these while? We all know how things went down & what precipitated this new wave of "anger"

It's the same people that were shouting GEJ or death that transmuted to Biafra or death, It's hard to adopt another stance in the face of such glaring evidence...

P.S... Are you truly "f" or the usual NL kind?

u should simply have ended after your first post

7 Likes

Re: Restructure Now, Experts, Afenifere, Others Tell Buhari by Observant: 8:04am On Sep 03, 2016
searchiing4love:
sad Restructuring is not the solution but the present status quo. Restructuring is a cunny attempt by easterners to achieve biafra and it won't happen. History tells us Ojukwu was able to instigate the civil war because he was the head of Eastern region. If we go back to regionalism, non-entities like Nnamdi kanu will rise again and start pushing for biafra which is a bad omen for Nigeria. No part of the country must be allowed to split for no reason. Lord Luggard was an intellectual when he merged us together. There is strength in unity. Let's keep maintaining the present federal system till the Igbo's are patriotic enough to forget biafra sad

Children beware this is what happens when your laziness creates the opportunity for an Igbo man to sleep with your wife. It results in a rabies like disease.

8 Likes

Re: Restructure Now, Experts, Afenifere, Others Tell Buhari by kenny987(f): 8:15am On Sep 03, 2016
modath:

Massob & other groups have been going about their call in tandem with global best practices till this new guy emerged with his brand of bile..

This time 2014, did we have same situation? Where were they all these while? We all know how things went down & what precipitated this new wave of "anger"

It's the same people that were shouting GEJ or death that transmuted to Biafra or death, It's hard to adopt another stance in the face of such glaring evidence...

Of course I'm 'f'. I remember correcting ur 'Bros' to 'Sis'...lol

Meanwhile I know say MB no be me dey give u but just try n go n listen to IPOB broadcasts from even 2014 or earlier. The issue escalated today because of Nnamdi Kanu's arrest n continued incarceration. He continually insulted GEJ, d FG and SE governors but Buhari's decision to arrest him created uncommon awareness.

If MASSOB was going about their business according to global best practices why has d Nigerian government continually arrested them? For as little a thing as gathering n havin meetings d Army or police swoops on to arrest them so why is that? Is the Nigerian government wired to act n operate contrary to those best practices? Is that not one of d obvious issues that underpin d message of d IPOB?

Take time out n listen. I am not remotely trying to convince u to believe in whatever cause but I'd really like for u to understand every position and argue objectively because it is okay to express reservation over Nnamdi Kanu's unconventional methods but beyond that get to understand his message.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Restructure Now, Experts, Afenifere, Others Tell Buhari by LMFashions: 8:18am On Sep 03, 2016
searchiing4love:
sad Restructuring is not the solution but the present status quo. Restructuring is a cunny attempt by easterners to achieve biafra and it won't happen. History tells us Ojukwu was able to instigate the civil war because he was the head of Eastern region. If we go back to regionalism, non-entities like Nnamdi kanu will rise again and start pushing for biafra which is a bad omen for Nigeria. No part of the country must be allowed to split for no reason. Lord Luggard was an intellectual when he merged us together. There is strength in unity. Let's keep maintaining the present federal system till the Igbo's are patriotic enough to forget biafra sad

Lol... Hungry man

5 Likes

Re: Restructure Now, Experts, Afenifere, Others Tell Buhari by Observant: 8:20am On Sep 03, 2016
modath:

Did i really read this or i just imagined you put this crap there in error? sad The colonial masters only did to ease administration, no ingenuity was involved..

I do not care for Kanu and his brand of hate filled rhetorics but there is nothing fundamentally wrong with wanting to be in charge of one's destiny & carve out a seperate path for oneself...

This present agitation was borne out of a knee jerk reaction to losing political stock (irrefutable fact!!!) but they still have inalienable right to self expression which you

Ojukwu is not a factor here since he never got his wish

There is no unity in coercion... I'm only pro unity because a bigger country is able to achieve more if the atmosphere is conducive and everyone's thought align but in a situation where it isn't obtainable, peaceful and advancing smaller nations remain great alternatives..

BTW, you also can't force patriotism on people, IT'S A CONSCIOUS CHOICE...

Mehn, a taya for you people!! Seriously..

You couldn't have said it better, the beast you quoted was only interested in mudslinging this earlier morning.
Any discerning mind from any part of the country knows that the current system of government is counter productive.
For heaven's sake, can't we look at what is obtainable in the world?
Do you think that a country like Canada would be peaceful if the French speaker Quebec didn't have their regional government with the federation?
Northern Ireland resolute to terror just to leave the UK.

Without National Consciousness, any useless coerced unity will go up in flames.
Nigeria long overdue, the ethnic composition are large enough and mature enough have there own economic, political and societal ideologies.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Restructure Now, Experts, Afenifere, Others Tell Buhari by SpeedOfLight: 9:20am On Sep 03, 2016
searchiing4love:
Lugard is a Scottish bandit contracted by Royal Niger Company to enslave north and south.
If you make peacefully revolution impossible, violent revolution is inevitable.
Afonja get ready for you cocoa, Almajiri get ready for your groundnut and Biafrans get ready for your oil which include palm and crude oil. Biafrans are blessed with oil both red and black gold. Whether you restructure or not it doesn't stop Biafra tsunami blowing East, West, North and South! grin grin grin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Restructure Now, Experts, Afenifere, Others Tell Buhari by modath(f): 9:40am On Sep 03, 2016
kenny987:

Apologies for asking again, the fake (f) on this platform have made it difficult to take things at face value.... Nice to have more females here... we need broader perspectives.

Meanwhile I know say MB no be me dey give u but just try n go n listen to IPOB broadcasts from even 2014 or earlier. The issue escalated today because of Nnamdi Kanu's arrest n continued incarceration. He continually insulted GEJ, d FG and SE governors but Buhari's decision to arrest him created uncommon awareness.

If MASSOB was going about their business according to global best practices why has d Nigerian government continually arrested them? For as little a thing as gathering n havin meetings d Army or police swoops on to arrest them so why is that? Is the Nigerian government wired to act n operate contrary to those best practices? Is that not one of d obvious issues that underpin d message of d IPOB?

Take time out n listen. I am not remotely trying to convince u to believe in whatever cause but I'd really like for u to understand every position and argue objectively because it is okay to express reservation over Nnamdi Kanu's unconventional methods but beyond that get to understand his message.

Will listen if i get a chance to but in the spirit of being open & honest; it's not something I'm looking forward to... I'm deeply passionate about all things Yoruba... Anyone that calls for harm against my people i can't just deal with but i will try to make effort for the sake of objectivity..
Re: Restructure Now, Experts, Afenifere, Others Tell Buhari by SpeedOfLight: 9:51am On Sep 03, 2016
modath:

Apologies for asking again, the fake (f) on this platform have made it difficult to take things at face value.... Nice to have more females here... we need broader perspectives.

Will listen if i get a chance to but in the spirit of being open & honest; it's not something I'm looking forward to... I'm deeply passionate about all things Yoruba... Anyone that calls for harm against my people i can't just deal with but i will try to make effort for the sake of objectivity..
What she's saying is you should have a diverse view of this Biafra issue. I'm a Christian but I do read English version of Koran. Don't listen or read what will glitter your mind all the time.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Restructure Now, Experts, Afenifere, Others Tell Buhari by signz: 10:07am On Sep 03, 2016
Im confident that between now and 2023, economic realities will force us to restructure.

Oil price will continue going down south and citizens/elites will be forced to put on their thinking cap work "out our salvation"

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Restructure Now, Experts, Afenifere, Others Tell Buhari by TruthisGOD: 11:06am On Sep 03, 2016
GoldenJAT:
i love ur piece...itz concise and apt..but i beg 2 differ!the major problem we are having right now is our stste governors,they are so lazy and av refused 2 work,rarely stay in their states,frequents Abuja and embark on foreing trips way more than they should.ever heard of that saying about somebody dt pays d piper dictating d tune?thats exactly what is obtainable between d state Nd federal government,they have reduced themselves 2d status of beggars,av no original idea of moving their respective states 4ward..tell me..how they will be respected at d center!let the governors get their acts 2geta and concentrate on improving d infrastructures in their states,employ and pay workers when due...draw up a road map 2 augment their federal allocation eith d 1 been generated internally and then we can start talkin about restructurin.
its quite pathetic that we leave those we should point accusing fingers at and instead focus only on d federal body...when d state government is much more closer 2d people.if we feel d impact of d state..we will even forget that their is a president at d center.GOODMORNING and hope u had a plesant nite rest?and that reminds me...dont compare us 2d d european and Asian government...they have a different mentality from d black.
The counter summary of your post is that restructuring will make the governors to sit up. The ripple effects of restructuring will be that the elected governors will venture into productive means of boosting the revenue and economy of their states since free allocation will no longer be forthcoming. The electorate will learn to elect credible and creative leaders since is no longer bussiness as usual. States will be forced to explore, exploit and consequently harness both their natural and human resources. Agitation will stop, pipeline bombing in a bid to pass a message to FG will stop. The potential of every region will manifest. The North will embark on aggressive agriculture production to boost their economy. The West the same coupled with education. The East, trade, science and technology invention will manifest. I fear for SS, they will be rich no doubt but their will be chaos, instability and bloodshed intially since most of their politician will vie for political post because of the free oil money. However, with time the peaceful and progressive development of their counterparts will make their govenors to sit up. Finally, restrusturing will bring about a healthy competition that will translate into massive socio- economic development in addition to strong democratic system.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Restructure Now, Experts, Afenifere, Others Tell Buhari by mmsen: 11:34am On Sep 03, 2016
searchiing4love:

Lord Luggard was far from an intellectual, where do you pull your lies from?

And as stupid as he was even he recognized how foolish it was to unite the south with the Islamic north but did it anyway because his administration was fiscally incompetent.

P.S.
Why do you care so much about Biafra leaving?

7 Likes

Re: Restructure Now, Experts, Afenifere, Others Tell Buhari by berrystunn(m): 11:35am On Sep 03, 2016
Hahaha hahahahah amadioha visit you till you day no to change.. Fantastically corrupt govt
Re: Restructure Now, Experts, Afenifere, Others Tell Buhari by pepigeorge(m): 11:36am On Sep 03, 2016
searchiing4love:

Can't u see how unpopular u are with ur gibberish. ...not even 2likes......please go back to cattle rearing.. u don't belong here

8 Likes

Re: Restructure Now, Experts, Afenifere, Others Tell Buhari by Decibel: 11:40am On Sep 03, 2016
searchiing4love:

Did u know there is a kurdish region in India trying to break away? Instead of allowing a referendum the Indian government sent in troops and gave orders to shoor on sight. Seccession is a crime when it's not captured in our Constitution. Its treasonable trying to break the country. Biafra can never be allowed because it's illegal

Are you the one that created that region in India? undecided

6 Likes

Re: Restructure Now, Experts, Afenifere, Others Tell Buhari by ChrisEsq: 11:45am On Sep 03, 2016
Look at this tribalistic clown...Afenifere and Abdul Usman which of them is Ibo. Trolls like you have been used to hold Africa captive for Decades.
searchiing4love:

4 Likes

Re: Restructure Now, Experts, Afenifere, Others Tell Buhari by ChinonsoDike2: 11:48am On Sep 03, 2016
searchiing4love:
[s][/s]

Every one can see the ploy behind the recent cries for restructuring. It's a plan B after their series of protests failed to bring a referendum. Regionalism will give the easterners the impression that they can rule themselves and form their country. It will never happen. The federal system of government is what is preferable when we have renegades agitating for biafra. The Igbo's should up their political game and build brigdes so they can produce president. I say no to restructuring and biafra. I trust buhari to throw such calls into the dust bin as usual sad

I'm glad you realize that the Easterns are your gods and masters. You can't do without them because they're the most intelligent tribe in the country. It's okay slave; I'm sure they're willing to stay to lord over you.

7 Likes

Re: Restructure Now, Experts, Afenifere, Others Tell Buhari by pepigeorge(m): 11:53am On Sep 03, 2016
sheyguy:
Did GEJ restructure? Please tell us how if you think he did.

Were we in recession then?

5 Likes

Re: Restructure Now, Experts, Afenifere, Others Tell Buhari by MissingBudget: 11:53am On Sep 03, 2016
Good morning, Afonjas. grin

5 Likes

Re: Restructure Now, Experts, Afenifere, Others Tell Buhari by Bede2u(m): 11:53am On Sep 03, 2016
searchiing4love:
This might be faceless forum but u shouldn't say things that would hurt other tribes. Y castigate d igbos? Is afenifere Igbo? U say tins here to delibrately insult igbos often. Better watch it. B4 u meet ur waterloo

9 Likes

Re: Restructure Now, Experts, Afenifere, Others Tell Buhari by linusbnn(m): 11:55am On Sep 03, 2016
searchiing4love:

If your parents out of love or fear of the unknown ask that you shouldn't leave their house so you could be around them even after graduating from school,are they doing you a favour or not?

5 Likes

Re: Restructure Now, Experts, Afenifere, Others Tell Buhari by Cassim33(m): 11:57am On Sep 03, 2016
Where is almajiri will take us to
Re: Restructure Now, Experts, Afenifere, Others Tell Buhari by luvinhubby(m): 11:58am On Sep 03, 2016
searchiing4love:

Nna a , nwoke a onuru mmanya ka obu afifia ka osere?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Restructure Now, Experts, Afenifere, Others Tell Buhari by sarutobie(m): 12:00pm On Sep 03, 2016
modath:

and what did uwazuruike and co achieve with their "world best practice"? harassment, mockery and imprisonment...what did the likes of ken saro wiwa achieve with his " world best practice "...he got summarily executed... only when his brothers picked up arms and started blowing up the golden goose of this contraption of a country did the government and the Nigerian people sit up and listen to them... it seems that only violence and strong headedness is the only way to get your voice heard in Nigeria..

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Restructure Now, Experts, Afenifere, Others Tell Buhari by Nobody: 12:01pm On Sep 03, 2016
searchiing4love:
[s][/s]

Every one can see the ploy behind the recent cries for restructuring. It's a plan B after their series of protests failed to bring a referendum. Regionalism will give the easterners the impression that they can rule themselves and form their country. It will never happen. The federal system of government is what is preferable when we have renegades agitating for biafra. The Igbo's should up their political game and build brigdes so they can produce president. I say no to restructuring and biafra. I trust buhari to throw such calls into the dust bin as usual sad
I would have largely ignored posts like yours, but when you call Igbos unpatriotic, it becomes obvious that you lack insight, just look around you, and tell me how many non locals own properties more than Igbos, I doubt if there is, other Nigerian tribes preach unity, yet the only things they contribute to Nigerias unity is their failed political contribution to Nigeria, they can't even assimilate both economic and cultural wise outside their ancestral villages.

I keep telling my fellow Igbos that until we realize that the only resources we have is our trchnological and entrepreneurial abilities we can never reach our promise land, I challenge them to carve out a Biafra that excludes naija delta and watch as Nigeria government will free us ASAP. But so far I have realized that those Igbos who scream Biafra are the lazy ones because they never seem to envision Biafra without Niger delta.

My point is show me a biafran who does not see an independent biafran state, then I will show you a patriotic Nigerian who has built business or wealth outside the confinement of eastern states, so your assertion that we are not patriotic holds no water.

Now define a patriotic Nigerian tribe to me ?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Restructure Now, Experts, Afenifere, Others Tell Buhari by ImpersonatorSS: 12:02pm On Sep 03, 2016
Restructuring is the way to go.

It's unfortunate it has to happen under PMB.

Nigeria can be likened to a person suffering from Typhoid who instead of treating it once and for all (restructuring) relies on using analgesics and pain relievers like Panadol and paracetamol (high crude oil prices) to keep going from time to time.

For how long will the fellow live like that?

3 Likes

Re: Restructure Now, Experts, Afenifere, Others Tell Buhari by sarutobie(m): 12:03pm On Sep 03, 2016
kenny987:

my point exactly...

1 Like

Re: Restructure Now, Experts, Afenifere, Others Tell Buhari by luvinhubby(m): 12:03pm On Sep 03, 2016
modath:

Did i really read this or i just imagined you put this crap there in error? sad The colonial masters only did to ease administration, no ingenuity was involved..

I do not care for Kanu and his brand of hate filled rhetorics but there is nothing fundamentally wrong with wanting to be in charge of one's destiny & carve out a seperate path for oneself...

This present agitation was borne out of a knee jerk reaction to losing political stock (irrefutable fact!!!) but they still have inalienable right to self expression which you

Ojukwu is not a factor here since he never got his wish

There is no unity in coercion... I'm only pro unity because a bigger country is able to achieve more if the atmosphere is conducive and everyone's thought align but in a situation where it isn't obtainable, peaceful and advancing smaller nations remain great alternatives..

BTW, you also can't force patriotism on people, IT'S A CONSCIOUS CHOICE...

Mehn, a taya for you people!! Seriously..

Madam modath at her enviable best......Correct !

3 Likes

Re: Restructure Now, Experts, Afenifere, Others Tell Buhari by pepigeorge(m): 12:03pm On Sep 03, 2016
ALMUSTAQIM:

We are moving towards recovery already

NO TO RESTRUCTURING

RESTRUCTURING IS AN IPOBIAFRIAN IDEOLOGY

Na I know y boko haram enter a place and kill everyone. .... we then used the word innocent Nigerians
in the right sense, nobody is actually innocent..... this statement of yours made u guilty of impoverishing Nigeria and make u an accomplice to d present cause of recession of Nigeria

4 Likes

Re: Restructure Now, Experts, Afenifere, Others Tell Buhari by ImpersonatorSS: 12:04pm On Sep 03, 2016
Bede2u:
This might be faceless forum but u shouldn't say things that would hurt other tribes. Y castigate d igbos? Is afenifere Igbo? U say tins here to delibrately insult igbos often. Better watch it. B4 u meet ur waterloo

That fellow is a northerner - a parasitic lunatic!

No sane Yoruba will spew such crap.

5 Likes

Re: Restructure Now, Experts, Afenifere, Others Tell Buhari by Observant: 12:04pm On Sep 03, 2016
modath:

When will you understand that Kanu, insults every ethnic nationalities alike?

I have an excerpt where he said "Igbos are cursed, anybody or group associating himself with that identity of bound to fail".

In another he said "Ohanaeze ndigbo should be brought out and shot dead in front of their respective father's home".

In another he said " Igbo people in Lagos are complaining, the useless people doing buying and selling at Ladipo".

This man knows no boundaries to his insult. Even on his radio programs, people calling get constantly insulted.

" This idiots calling me while I'm still reading the news, is this a morning for bastards who can wait for simple instructions".

" There is a cocaine snorting governor in Anambra state, a drunkard "

These are all his words.

The point is the man is very bitter with the system much like everyone of us, so he curses out the elite and we the citizens for looking on while the entire country is plundered.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Governor El Rufai Debunks Accident Rumour / Adeyinka Grandson: I’m A Yoruba Nationalist, Not Supremacist / #ENDSARS: Police Corporal Hit Me With Car, Then Shot Me – Victim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.