Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,322 members, 7,819,101 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:20 AM

Why Do People Wear Tattoo? - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Why Do People Wear Tattoo? (1089 Views)

Tattooed Lady: "I Paid N10,000 To Soldiers In Port-Harcourt For Wearing Tattoo" / Why Do People Wear Wrist Watch? / Do People Need To See Your Visible Pant Lines?. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do People Wear Tattoo? by soludo93(m): 7:35am On Sep 03, 2016
The goal of tattooing was never beauty. The goal was change. From the scarified Nubian priests of 2000 BC, to the tattooed acolytes of the Cybele cults of ancient Rome, to the moko scars of modern Maori, humans have tattooed themselves as a way of offering up bodies in partial sacrifice, enduring the physical pain of embellishment and emerging changed beings.

Despite the ominous admonition of Leviticus 19:28, which forbade the marking of one's flesh, tattoo had become a rite of passage shared by millions of people in this modern age - everyone from clean-cut teenagers to hard core drug users to suburban housewives.

The act of tattooing one's skin is a transformative declaration of power, an announcement to the world: I am in control of my own flesh. The intoxicating feeling of control derived from physical transformation had addicted millions to flesh-altering practices... cosmetic surgery, body piercing, bodybuilding, and steroids. . . even bulimia and transgendering. The human spirit craves mastery over its carnal shell.

Extracted from http://www.healvine.com/2016/09/whats-goal-of-tattooing.html?m=1

Re: Why Do People Wear Tattoo? by Nobody: 7:42am On Sep 03, 2016
Re: Why Do People Wear Tattoo? by ReneeNuttall(f): 7:58am On Sep 03, 2016
In as much as I admire it on people's body I will never have them on my body.

(1) (Reply)

Does Anybody Have This Shirt Size For Tm Lewin Or H & C ? / Her Fingernails Are Over 26 Inches Long – Here Is Why She Did It / N N Fems

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.