Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,622 members, 7,823,739 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:12 PM

Jesus And Mithra - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus And Mithra (981 Views)

Jesus And All Of The Prophets Before Him Pray The Same As Muslims Pray Today / Jesus And Mary Picture/photo Are They From The Bible? / Why Did Yoruba People Leave ELEDUMARE For The God Of Jesus And Allah? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jesus And Mithra by Applenose: 6:39pm On Oct 04, 2009
First of all this post will be short, but i would like to make clear that i believe in Jesus as an esteemed man, maybe even as a prophet sent to the lost tribe of Israel. I reject the concepts of trinity, reincarnation, redemption; essentially my views mimic the early beliefs of Jesus held by the early Christian Jewish communities, such as the Ebonites and the Nazarene-who believes that Jesus was a man and only a man.

But the Mithra and Jesus being alike really proves the point that with the many councils, like Nicaea, and with the help of Constantine, the religion of Christianity as we in Modern times become parallel with earlier Paganism ideas and rituals. And that Paul began to borrow some of the surrounding ideas in his mission to convert the pagan gentiles

You be the judge,

1.Mithra was born on December 25th as an offspring of the Sun

2. He was considered a great traveling teacher and masters. He had twelve companions as Jesus had twelve disciples. Mithras also performed miracles.

3.Mithra was called "the good shepherd,” "the way, the truth and the light,” “redeemer,” “savior,” “Messiah.

4.The disciples of Mithra formed an organized church, with a developed hierarchy. They possessed the ideas of Mediation, Atonement, and a Savior, who is human and yet divine, and not only the idea, but a doctrine of the future life.

5.He was buried in a tomb and after three days he rose again. His resurrection was celebrated every year.
6Mithra had his principal festival on what was later to become Easter, at which time he was resurrected. His sacred day was Sunday, "the Lord's Day." The Mithra religion had a Eucharist or "Lord's Supper."

the list continues,
Re: Jesus And Mithra by PastorAIO: 12:30am On Oct 05, 2009
Links please. It is my understanding that next to nothing is known about Mithraism because the Christians destroyed all traces of it.
Re: Jesus And Mithra by shakerz: 11:57am On Oct 05, 2009
Good post because it is evident that the true monothestic religion of Abraham is all but lost now, especially with the arrival of modern christianity, am not even a religious person nor do i care but if you want to reconnect back with the pure way. your best bet is probably Islam or early forms of orthodox Juadism, christianity is mixed in with paganism that its hard to differentiate,

the whole triniy bit by the way has to do with MITHRAISM, Mithra is in a triniy with the god of ahuras and asha/arta

Ever wonder why the early christian who hated Paul teaching were worried about his views being a bit similar to the men in the cave, the early fathers were soo worreid they called them the men in the cave in stead of mithra
Re: Jesus And Mithra by theseeker2: 10:23pm On Oct 06, 2009
paul paul! The author of all the confusion in xtianity

(1) (Reply)

A Call To Discernment -- Part 6 / Islam& Christianity! ( 2 Hours Video ) / Is Jesus God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.