Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,742 members, 7,817,051 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:07 AM

OAU Shuts Down Mosques In Two Halls Of Residence Yesterday. See Why - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / OAU Shuts Down Mosques In Two Halls Of Residence Yesterday. See Why (31197 Views)

OAU DSA Suspends All Religious Activities In Halls Of Residence (PICS) / Elujoba Visits OAU All Hall Of Residence For Inspection (photos) / A Fire Outbreak In UNIUYO Udi Hall Of Residence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OAU Shuts Down Mosques In Two Halls Of Residence Yesterday. See Why by larrrymore(m): 8:19am On Sep 05, 2016
Gliding:

Brother. Should we also assume that the MSSN and the chief imam have been compromised??

imam has resigned d undertaking he took on behalf of mosques. so he commanded them (DSA)to lock all mosques so that his new executives should take over. he's d cause of d problem. in fact, school management does not want to lock the mosques. management told us to find another guarantor to come and sign on behalf of d mosjids again, may be among lecturers. he had told them to lock it since last two weeks, but management refused. but that new deen of dsa is a deeper life member, she doesn't even like Muslims at all. Nobody will volunteer among this lecturer because of intimidation. vice deen said another way we can win is to go and reunion with imam again and that s all wt imam want

1 Like

Re: OAU Shuts Down Mosques In Two Halls Of Residence Yesterday. See Why by Newnas(m): 11:38am On Sep 05, 2016
Gliding:

Brother. Should we also assume that the MSSN and the chief imam have been compromised??

The MSSN has been compromised, it's not ruled by students anymore, rather it's key posts are held by old men who have graduated from higher institutions decades ago!!!

Unfortunately, instead of them to move ahead with their lives the chose to remain stagnant and become godfathers for the branches of MSSN in higher institutions.
Only MSSNOAU has stood up against this, many other schools wish they could.

It's just pathetic that school authority doesn't understand these.

As for chief imam, his problem is that he doesn't like the beards and jilbab and some other things in the sunnah. He then mad a responsibility upon himself to ensure that these things are wiped out of the campus. But Allah will continue to protect His people.

The MSSN allied with chief imam to spread propaganda against the students, especially with the aid of Madam Durosinmi when she was the DSA, they refused to register us.

Then they brought their kangaroo excos that the students are far from pleased with and are trying to impose them on us.

The joy of the Muslims when Mrs Durosinmi was relieved of duty was great only for her successor to be even more aggressive!
Re: OAU Shuts Down Mosques In Two Halls Of Residence Yesterday. See Why by mrLhanray(m): 3:47pm On Sep 05, 2016
Newnas:

I understand your plight. Another half dressed girl for you to salivate on has been snatched from you!!! mUmU

You could have made more sense by not using the word "mUmU". I immediately checked your profile and I noticed you are a core muslim, I don't involve myself in religious argument because of things like this. Can't you relay your point without insults. Moreover, I never said she is half-dressed, she was well mannered and lived a modest life, She was social too. Don't take it personal, I only told you what I observed, shikena
THROW POINTS NOT PUNCH

1 Like

Re: OAU Shuts Down Mosques In Two Halls Of Residence Yesterday. See Why by mrLhanray(m): 4:03pm On Sep 05, 2016
larrrymore:

the way Christian camp redeem sisters in redeem fellowship Secretariat @ faj block one basement.
I know v.well those so call xtian sis sleep in there various Secretariat in faj

Ok. As we have it in christianity, its also in islam. Majority have a soft heart when it comes to religion, easily convinced.
Re: OAU Shuts Down Mosques In Two Halls Of Residence Yesterday. See Why by Gliding(m): 7:45pm On Sep 05, 2016
larrrymore:

imam has resigned d undertaking he took on behalf of mosques. so he commanded them (DSA)to lock all mosques so that his new executives should take over. he's d cause of d problem. in fact, school management does not want to lock the mosques. management told us to find another guarantor to come and sign on behalf of d mosjids again, may be among lecturers. he had told them to lock it since last two weeks, but management refused. but that new deen of dsa is a deeper life member, she doesn't even like Muslims at all. Nobody will volunteer among this lecturer because of intimidation. vice deen said another way we can win is to go and reunion with imam again and that s all wt imam want

This is a lot of information. Although the durosinmi I have heard about is a good person. I didn't graduate from OAU but I got briefed by a friend who is a Muslim and whose wife wears hijab about her. In fact they said she and her husband took them as their children while in school. However, one mans food is another's poison.

I wish to enjoin you to choose dialogue and negotiation as much as possible.

There was an incidence in the early 2000s in OAU where Muslim women were married to brothers without their parents consent in that same faj hall. Maybe that is why the authorities are being careful

1 Like

Re: OAU Shuts Down Mosques In Two Halls Of Residence Yesterday. See Why by Newnas(m): 11:43pm On Sep 05, 2016
mrLhanray:

You could have made more sense by not using the word "mUmU". I immediately checked your profile and I noticed you are a core muslim, I don't involve myself in religious argument because of things like this. Can't you relay your point without insults. Moreover, I never said she is half-dressed, she was well mannered and lived a modest life, She was social too. Don't take it personal, I only told you what I observed, shikena
THROW POINTS NOT PUNCH

I don't regret describing you with that! Probably you have a 8second memory like the Regal Blue Tang. Go back and read the first part of your first comment, you will see how well you deserve the qualification.

Yes I'm a core Muslim, do you have a problem with it?!
Re: OAU Shuts Down Mosques In Two Halls Of Residence Yesterday. See Why by Newnas(m): 11:55pm On Sep 05, 2016
Gliding:

This is a lot of information. Although the durosinmi I have heard about is a good person. I didn't graduate from OAU but I got briefed by a friend who is a Muslim and whose wife wears hijab about her. In fact they said she and her husband took them as their children while in school. However, one mans food is another's poison.

I wish to enjoin you to choose dialogue and negotiation as much as possible.

There was an incidence in the early 2000s in OAU where Muslim women were married to brothers without their parents consent in that same faj hall. Maybe that is why the authorities are being careful

@bolded Its a propaganda. Yes, people got married but not without the consent of their parents. Never ever!

The only thing I know people did without the consent of their parents is wear full hijab. According to the law of Islam and the constitution of this country, Those people are not minors that their parents can be dictating for. And it's not that anyone was forcing them. I don't know where people threw the acclaimed freedom of religion.

It's a double standard, When a lady removes the hijab and dresses horribly she is said to have socialized and she has the freedom to dress as she wills. But when the reverse happens they say it's brainwashing and all sort of nonsense.
Re: OAU Shuts Down Mosques In Two Halls Of Residence Yesterday. See Why by mrLhanray(m): 4:05am On Sep 07, 2016
Newnas:

I don't regret describing you with that! Probably you have a 8second memory like the Regal Blue Tang. Go back and read the first part of your first comment, you will see how well you deserve the qualification.

Then you've got no brain at all to help you think, like a JELLYFISH. cos only a fo0l will take other people's opinion on this platform here personal. Your own type of mUmU is legendary. Go get a life, your priorities should be beyond arguing over the things you read on nairaland.

2 Likes

Re: OAU Shuts Down Mosques In Two Halls Of Residence Yesterday. See Why by Newnas(m): 6:17am On Sep 07, 2016
mrLhanray:

[s]Then you've got no brain at all to help you think, cos only a fool will take other people's opinion on this platform here personal. Your own type of mUmU is legendary. Go get a life, your priorities should be beyond the things you read on nairaland.[/s]
Re: OAU Shuts Down Mosques In Two Halls Of Residence Yesterday. See Why by HMZi: 6:35am On Sep 07, 2016
drfk001:
During my student days at the university of Ibadan in 2008, my room was directly above the mosque in Nnamdi Azikwe hall. one morning, I was awake during the early morning prayer so I could hear them from my room. The sermon I heard that day was scary, it was totally out of place and outright fanatical. I was scared that the students would arise from their prayer ground and attack Christians. To be frank also, some pastors preach anti-islam messages too which should not be so

Everyone should be free to have their own set of beliefs without anyone calling people infidels or unbelievers
i have been in ur situation bro...my problem is that they start telling them that xtains n jews r enemies ryt from when they r kids...extremism is a direct product of ..salim..'.,
Re: OAU Shuts Down Mosques In Two Halls Of Residence Yesterday. See Why by HMZi: 6:40am On Sep 07, 2016
larrrymore:

nobody wants to volunteer cos of the possible risks,nt cos of deeper life woman,haba...u hear islam n extremism,u take cover,even the muslim knw this..

1 Like

Re: OAU Shuts Down Mosques In Two Halls Of Residence Yesterday. See Why by HMZi: 6:47am On Sep 07, 2016
Newnas:

fanatic!!..he didnt even insult you and u r here feeling like 'mohamed d mad guy',..keep proving pipo right,bigot...wu core muslim epp? Oh yeah,isis,hamas,boko et al..mtcheww.

4 Likes

Re: OAU Shuts Down Mosques In Two Halls Of Residence Yesterday. See Why by mrLhanray(m): 8:08am On Sep 07, 2016
Newnas:

Then you've got no brain at all to help you think, like a jellyfish. cos only a fool will take other people's opinion on this platform here personal. Your own type of mUmU is legendary. Go get a life, your priorities should be beyond arguing over the things you read on nairaland.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

UNIBEN - 2013 Postgraduate Application Is Out / Classroom Under A Tree In Kwara Where Pupils Are Taking A Nap (Photo) / Hilarious - When The Child Is As Poor As His/her Parents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.