Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,606 members, 7,809,219 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:39 AM

How Hard Is It To Drive A Manual Car In Lagos - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Hard Is It To Drive A Manual Car In Lagos (19006 Views)

10 Reasons Why You Should Learn To Drive The Manual Car. / 5 Things You Shouldn’t Do When Driving A Manual Car. / Photos: How To Drive A Manual Car 15 Steps (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Hard Is It To Drive A Manual Car In Lagos by Pebcak: 5:41am On Sep 04, 2016
Tkayhandsome:
My late dad loved it. He doesn't drive Manual. But me its just not my thing. Auto always.

Sure boss for convenience auto all the way for fun shift sick all the way I like the fact that you can downshift to get more push n power.
Re: How Hard Is It To Drive A Manual Car In Lagos by KingRex1(m): 5:42am On Sep 04, 2016
Driving a 2015 manual ride isn't as bad as the regular old manual.. You find out its easy n fun to drive. A little step on d clutch can change ur gear n it doesn't over rev easily.
Better fuel economy.
Total control of power distribution.
Easy to cruise, just using a higher gear.
You get to be a much better driver wt better handling.
You understand better how a car works.

2 Likes

Re: How Hard Is It To Drive A Manual Car In Lagos by femmykenny: 5:45am On Sep 04, 2016
Automatic Transmission car all the way. I will always choose auto over Manual.
Re: How Hard Is It To Drive A Manual Car In Lagos by shyling(f): 5:45am On Sep 04, 2016
Icecomrade:

Manual for a woman is a NO NO.

We ve long passed that age. A woman can learn with a manual car but it's more advisable to go for automatic when it's for personal use.

I use a manual car , thought my wife how to drive it. But am planning to get her an Auto.

Better a smaller auto than a big manual.

So in your wisdom men drive better than women? Nonsense third degree! I have seen experienced crazy women drivers.... Who shift the stick like a toy..... Stop stereotyping women.... When most men were trekking Funmilayo Ransome Kuti bought and drove her car in Nigeria! Women are humans....that you think your wife and other women around you are inferior doesn't mean that our own women are second class humans like you view those around you!

5 Likes

Re: How Hard Is It To Drive A Manual Car In Lagos by Bombolistic: 5:51am On Sep 04, 2016
peterjero:
This is my opinion
1. Manual cars are cheap to maintain
2. Manual cars are interesting to drive
3. You are always in control
4. Fuel economy is always better
5. When battery weak you push to start
6. Same when the kickstarter is bad
7. YOU MAKE YOUR FINAL BUYING DECISION

We're moving towards AI age, it's better cars take control. This nullifies point 3
On the contrary ,automatic cars are cheaper to maintain
Automatic cars have better fuel injection tech but driver must know how to force great selection
Automatic cars makes you a better car user who would not do without maintenance
Re: How Hard Is It To Drive A Manual Car In Lagos by OCTAVO: 5:51am On Sep 04, 2016
When I see people shifting gears in traffic I be like sorry ooo sad embarassed

3 Likes

Re: How Hard Is It To Drive A Manual Car In Lagos by shyling(f): 5:52am On Sep 04, 2016
Tkayhandsome:
You hardly find manual in foreign countries. Auto everywhere.
Easy to drive. I no fit shout
Why do you tell lies compulsively? This is Nairaland and not all of us are domiciled in Nigeria you know? Now go and retract your false statement about manual transmission in foreign countries asap!,&don't tell such lies again in here!

8 Likes

Re: How Hard Is It To Drive A Manual Car In Lagos by Crixie(m): 5:52am On Sep 04, 2016
Tkayhandsome:
A greater percent of cars in Germany are manual cars though

5 Likes

Re: How Hard Is It To Drive A Manual Car In Lagos by Nobody: 5:58am On Sep 04, 2016
Tkayhandsome:

I stand to prove you wrong. I am currently in India now and 90% of cars here are manuals

3 Likes

Re: How Hard Is It To Drive A Manual Car In Lagos by sanerugwei: 5:59am On Sep 04, 2016
shyling:

So in your wisdom men drive better than women? Nonsense third degree! I have seen experienced crazy women drivers.... Who shift the stick like a toy..... Stop stereotyping women.... When most men were trekking Funmilayo Ransome Kuti bought and drove her car in Nigeria! Women are humans....that you think your wife and other women around you are inferior doesn't mean that our own women are second class humans like you view those around you!

Give this guy a chilled bottle of Orijin non alcoholic. You are the real deal man #NoHomo.
I will choose a stick gear over auto tranny any time any day, for the reasons already outlined here.
But if you are a learner or lazy driver, I will advise you get a clean Naija used Japanese auto sedan for a start. It should be far less than 2M. Run from the Rio.
BTW no more heavy traffic in Lagos since fuel increase.
Real ladies drive manual too. I see a lady brt and even danfo and private bus and hilux drivers. Go girl.

5 Likes

Re: How Hard Is It To Drive A Manual Car In Lagos by sanerugwei: 6:04am On Sep 04, 2016
Crixie:

Correct.
Not just Germany but greater Europe as a whole. Only lazy Americans popularized auto shift cars.
Those who still need control and power in their cars go for stick shift even sports and other race cars.

The newer transmission in cars combine the best of both worlds albeit in auto mode tho.

4 Likes

Re: How Hard Is It To Drive A Manual Car In Lagos by Tkayhandsome(m): 6:04am On Sep 04, 2016
India na country?
noblemails:

I stand to prove you wrong. I am currently in India now and 90% of cars here are manual

1 Like

Re: How Hard Is It To Drive A Manual Car In Lagos by Crixie(m): 6:06am On Sep 04, 2016
Crixie:

Infact the driver's licence for those that can drive manual is different from the driver's licence of those people that learnt how to drive with an automatic car.A person that learnt how to drive with a manual can drive cars with any transmission but if you learnt with auto in Germany...u are restricted to an auto tranny by law! Dunno if it's still like that now though...

4 Likes

Re: How Hard Is It To Drive A Manual Car In Lagos by sanerugwei: 6:09am On Sep 04, 2016
noblemails:

I stand to prove you wrong. I am currently in India now and 90% of cars here are manual

You dey mind the other guy you quoted?

India too far, majority of east and southern part of African manual cars rules. Even Ghana for backyard here.
Naija shifted to mainly autos in the 80s when we ditched German and Belgium cars and went for American spec.
Re: How Hard Is It To Drive A Manual Car In Lagos by akinszz: 6:12am On Sep 04, 2016
U will get use to it when you are perfect. As for me, Manual is far better than auto...
Sashafm:

What about the stress of changing gears do you think, it's wise for a lady in Lagos traffic?
Re: How Hard Is It To Drive A Manual Car In Lagos by Tyche(m): 6:15am On Sep 04, 2016
PaperLace:
My sister, don't try it... I repeat DON'T TRY IT.
If you wanna buy a manual, buy it because you love manual cars. Not for cost or prestige (y'know that accolade that comes with being a female manual driver in Nigeria...lols)

Yes, it helped me be very calculative and focused but in the long run, I ended up with yam leg and a strained waist. I couldn't even bend or flip over in bed... grin
N.B This wasn't even in Lagos o
#PersonalExperience.

I hope say the yam leg grin don disappear and you can now flip and bend over in bed grin .

I see no big deal in driving a manual even if the traffic is in China.
Re: How Hard Is It To Drive A Manual Car In Lagos by duperola(f): 6:16am On Sep 04, 2016
I am a female,I hv a manual car which I've been driving for over 4 yrs in lagos with no accident,and guess what,I use d car for marketing!each time I drive my hubby's automatic car,am like,u r enjoying!it all depends on u.

5 Likes

Re: How Hard Is It To Drive A Manual Car In Lagos by sanerugwei: 6:16am On Sep 04, 2016
Tkayhandsome:
India na country?

No, na nation also sub continent. India is far more advanced in technology and infrastructure than Nigeria. They are just overwhelmed by population but they are strategically moving upwards.
Economy wise India is powerhouse. Ever heard of BRICS?
Nigerian currently wants to join them to form BRINCS Southey fit help you wella.

2 Likes

Re: How Hard Is It To Drive A Manual Car In Lagos by nedu2000(m): 6:19am On Sep 04, 2016
Manual cars makes it less likely that you fall asleep while driving

1 Like

Re: How Hard Is It To Drive A Manual Car In Lagos by akinszz: 6:20am On Sep 04, 2016
Go to germany u will hardly find auto cars there.
Tkayhandsome:
Re: How Hard Is It To Drive A Manual Car In Lagos by Nobody: 6:23am On Sep 04, 2016
Tkayhandsome:
India na country?

No is not a country but they are far ahead of ur Nigeria

1 Like

Re: How Hard Is It To Drive A Manual Car In Lagos by Uniqueteco(m): 6:23am On Sep 04, 2016
Never show your face when drivers are being called if you're not driving manuals on Lag roads. Go for manual.

3 Likes

Re: How Hard Is It To Drive A Manual Car In Lagos by Crixie(m): 6:24am On Sep 04, 2016
sanerugwei:

Correct.
Not just Germany but greater Europe as a whole. Only lazy Americans popularized auto shift cars.
Those who still need control and power in their cars go for stick shift even sports and other race cars.

The newer transmission in cars combine the best of both worlds albeit in auto mode tho.
Finally...someone agrees with me ....I say Americans are lazy and people look @ me as if I don't know what am talking about!

1 Like

Re: How Hard Is It To Drive A Manual Car In Lagos by femi4: 6:25am On Sep 04, 2016
Sashafm:
I am about to get a car, and the option available to me is to get a manual car which is 2 million lesser or I go for the same car but the automatic version.
I am quite concerned because of the price of the car but my colleagues are advising me not to even think about the manual car because of traffic. I am of the opinion that I can learn how to drive the manual car and not get too stressed while driving.
Please I need advice from experienced drivers, is driving a manual car that terrible in Lagos?
Go for automatic

Manual car will stress your life in lag
Auto car is easy to drive
This is 21st century where cars are going self driven

1 Like

Re: How Hard Is It To Drive A Manual Car In Lagos by JuanDeDios: 6:29am On Sep 04, 2016
PaperLace:
My sister, don't try it... I repeat DON'T TRY IT.
If you wanna buy a manual, buy it because you love manual cars. Not for cost or prestige (y'know that accolade that comes with being a female manual driver in Nigeria...lols)

Yes, it helped me be very calculative and focused but in the long run, I ended up with yam leg and a strained waist. I couldn't even bend or flip over in bed... grin
N.B This wasn't even in Lagos o
#PersonalExperience.
That must have been tough!
Re: How Hard Is It To Drive A Manual Car In Lagos by SuperBlack: 6:31am On Sep 04, 2016
Sashafm:

What about the stress of changing gears do you think, it's wise for a lady in Lagos traffic?
Now i know that is laziness that's your Problem.

3 Likes

Re: How Hard Is It To Drive A Manual Car In Lagos by Foxflames: 6:33am On Sep 04, 2016
Why not find a friend who has a manual car and try it out first before buying. If you don't have such a friend. Try going to a driving school and try out their manual or automatic cars. Until . u have a practical feel...most of the advice here are just personal opinion.

3 Likes

Re: How Hard Is It To Drive A Manual Car In Lagos by Exponental(m): 6:37am On Sep 04, 2016
Driving is a thing of the mind. I learnt how to drive from what I saw others did. I can conclude the street taught me how to drive.... Manual is never a problem because I already learnt the theory before practical. All happened in Lagos! Take the bull by the horn, no wahala!
Re: How Hard Is It To Drive A Manual Car In Lagos by joey150(m): 6:38am On Sep 04, 2016
Tkayhandsome:

Very wrong. When i was in the uk. Suprisingly almost all the cars i came across where manual. I always wondered why.

1 Like

Re: How Hard Is It To Drive A Manual Car In Lagos by engrshakespeare: 6:41am On Sep 04, 2016
shyling:

Your views are very erroneous! What makes Gazzuzz almighty? You speak recklessly and myopically. So simply because he sold his manual transmission Kia others can't or don't use manual transmission in Lagos? If I may ask are all brt buses not kitted with manual transmission? Are all danfo not manual transmission? All LT buses are running on manual transmission! So what kind of jibber jabber are you spewing about manual transmission? Next time be sure that you know about what is being discussed before passing irritating opinions......yeboo?

whatever you are, you are an irritating tribal prick. Can't you make your point without going personal on someone. In the end you made no point.

5 Likes

Re: How Hard Is It To Drive A Manual Car In Lagos by lyterydim(m): 6:41am On Sep 04, 2016
Who is thinking of manuel in this era?lets use nigeria government as a case study,buhari is manuel governin in this automatic era..just look at d condition we are now

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Which Is Better, Leather Seat Vs Cloth? / Nissan Creates Self-Parking Slippers,Tables & Cushions Based On ProPilot Tech / The Case About My Stolen Car Which I Found.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.