Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,322 members, 7,815,624 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:28 PM

Abia "Gods Own State" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abia "Gods Own State" (3505 Views)

Abia -God's Own State (The hidden gem of the east) / Welcome To Abia State: God's Own State (pictures) / Why Is Abia God's Own State? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abia "Gods Own State" by nwaaba09: 8:17pm On Oct 04, 2009
Historic facts about Abia State:

Abia State was carved out of the former Imo State in 1991. The name "Abia" is an abbreviation of four of the state's densely populated regions Aba, Bende, Isuikwuato, and Afikpo. It is one of the thirty-six (36) States that constitute the Federal Republic of Nigeria. Abia people are of the Igbo ethnic group who predominates much of the Southeastern part of Nigeria. Their traditional language is Igbo. English is widely spoken and serves as the official language in governance and business. Globally, Igbos are well travelled. Abia's 2.4mm people are mainly Christians and entrepreneurial. They are known and reputed to be industrious, highly market oriented, very hospitable and accommodating, probably due to their migratory nature.

Abia State, which occupies about 5834 square kilometers, is bounded on the north and northeast by the states of Anambra, Enugu, and Ebonyi. To the west of Abia is Imo State, the east and southeast are Cross River and Akwa Ibom States, and to the south is Rivers State. The southern part of the State lies within the riverine part of Nigeria. It is low-lying with a heavy rainfall of about 2400 mm/year especially intense between the months of April through October. The rest of the State is moderately high plain. The most important rivers in Abia State are the Imo and Aba rivers which flow into the Atlantic Ocean through the Niger Delta.
Re: Abia "Gods Own State" by mekuslogan: 8:20pm On Oct 04, 2009
Abia should shape up or ship out. That state should by now be the engine block of Nigeria, together with Anambra and Lagos; but incompetent and selfish leaders wont let it attain its potential
Re: Abia "Gods Own State" by asha80(m): 8:21pm On Oct 04, 2009
Better start praying for your state or organize people to kill OUK and her mom plus that ram Theordore Orji for your state to even sniff of anything close to being 'Gods own state'.

The place is more like Devil's paradise.
Re: Abia "Gods Own State" by Nobody: 8:46pm On Oct 04, 2009
nwa aba, aba pikin i dey hail!!!! men i remember that town during my university days, use to take night bus from there to lag. oh !! park road!!!!!
Re: Abia "Gods Own State" by ikeyman00(m): 9:00pm On Oct 04, 2009
@@@

either u f uck urself or u post back up pic
Re: Abia "Gods Own State" by udezue(m): 1:38am On Oct 05, 2009
Oh yes Abia has potential. By now it should better than Lagos sef.
Wats up with the power plant in Aba?
Re: Abia "Gods Own State" by nwaaba09: 1:59am On Oct 05, 2009
udezue:

Oh yes Abia has potential. By now it should better than Lagos sef.
Wats up with the power plant in Aba?

We are still waiting for Geometric power, they were supposed to run out their service December 2008. I can assure you they are "working", and seriously if I must add.
Re: Abia "Gods Own State" by udezue(m): 2:13am On Oct 05, 2009
Alright then. cheesy
Go Abia
Re: Abia "Gods Own State" by Sagamite(m): 12:40pm On Oct 05, 2009
udezue:

Alright then. cheesy
Go Abia

slowpoke, I have a present for you:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-332082.32.html#msg4669779
Re: Abia "Gods Own State" by Kobojunkie: 2:47pm On Oct 05, 2009
@poster, every single state in that country has potential. If you note, the states tthat are doing worse now are the ones with the most potential
Re: Abia "Gods Own State" by Orobert: 3:27pm On Oct 05, 2009
Kobojunkie:

@poster, every single state in that country has potential. If you note, the states tthat are doing worse now are the ones with the most potential

True talk, True talk. But was it this the case?
Re: Abia "Gods Own State" by chidichris(m): 4:34pm On Oct 06, 2009
Better start praying for your state or organize people to kill OUK and her mom plus that ram Theordore Orji for your state to even sniff of anything close to being 'Gods own state'.

@asha80,
where are u from and what have ur state achieved? or have u given up on achievements?
i am from imo state but i love abia state. i love orji uzor kalu and i love the support he gets from the real abians.
if we the igbos will make abia our headquarter, we will have reason to laugh.
since 1999, abia has stood her ground in saying no to the holy beast(obj).
we must understand that obj stole all the oil wells that belonged to the state(abia) and gave them to akwa ibom until yar adua reversed that decission. abia state's inherited debts from the former imo state were being forcefully deducted from abia state's allocation during obj's dictorship just to make the state suffer for not licking his filthy shoes.
orji uzor kalu, the pillar of sports has remained the most outsanding igbo man in the fight against obj's slave trade.
abia state hsld be used as a case study for other igbo states in our fight for independence.
Re: Abia "Gods Own State" by asha80(m): 4:45pm On Oct 06, 2009
chidichris:

@asha80,
where are u from and what have your state achieved? or have u given up on achievements?
i am from imo state but i love abia state. i love orji uzor kalu and i love the support he gets from the real abians.
if we the igbos will make abia our headquarter, we will have reason to laugh.
since 1999, abia has stood her ground in saying no to the holy beast(obj).
we must understand that obj stole all the oil wells that belonged to the state(abia) and gave them to akwa ibom until yar adua reversed that decission. abia state's inherited debts from the former imo state were being forcefully deducted from abia state's allocation during obj's dictorship just to make the state suffer for not licking his filthy shoes.
orji uzor kalu, the pillar of sports has remained the most outsanding igbo man in the fight against obj's slave trade.
abia state hsld be used as a case study for other igbo states in our fight for independence.

My friend if do not have avything better to stay go siddon for gutter.When last have you been to aba?Are you proud of what you see there?

Real abians support OUK my foot.As if sports is what will drive the economy of abia state.

And i am from imo state.
Re: Abia "Gods Own State" by Ikengawo: 4:51pm On Oct 06, 2009
everybody i know from abia state is wierd as hell.
good looking girls though
Re: Abia "Gods Own State" by Abagworo(m): 4:57pm On Oct 06, 2009
asha 80:

@Asha80.please are you a politician?Orji is a great son of Southeast and you should not believe what the opposition tells you.How could you wish him death?Why cant you wish death to people like Ojukwu who forced my father(and so many igbos and non-igbo easterners) to go to war against their will armed with dane guns.
Re: Abia "Gods Own State" by asha80(m): 5:03pm On Oct 06, 2009
Abagworo:

@Asha80.please are you a politician?Orji is a great son of Southeast and you should not believe what the opposition tells you.How could you wish him death?Why cant you wish death to people like Ojukwu who forced my father(and so many igbos and non-igbo easterners) to go to war against their will armed with dane guns.

Which great son of south east?Abeg tell that to kids.have been to aba lately?All those roads he suppoedly built how are day?If Orji is what a great son of southeast should be like then io am soory for south east.

Please if you have any issue with ojukwu go and deal it with him as he is not the issue here.
Re: Abia "Gods Own State" by Nobody: 5:40pm On Oct 06, 2009
And Orji has been away from abia since 2months now, pity.
Re: Abia "Gods Own State" by emisun(m): 11:43pm On Oct 06, 2009
u gotta be kidding me.OUK,his mother and the slave guvnor are nothing but devil's incarnates.if u can't see the diabolical things these ppl do in abia state,then u gotta pray to god to open your eyes.he objected to OBJ's third term agenda aint because of me and u but for selfish reasons that if am to start writting them i will make this topic as long as the FTA thread here on nairaland.and for u, my stupid brother,who claims general ojukwu,a man of calibre, forced our fathers to go to war is nothing but ignorance.we were already sing war songs b4 ojukwu opened his mouth to declare the god's loving state of BIAFRA.people wake up and fight these monsters in political cloth!.
Re: Abia "Gods Own State" by emisun(m): 11:44pm On Oct 06, 2009
u gotta be kidding me.OUK,his mother and the slave guvnor are nothing but devil's incarnates.if u can't see the diabolical things these ppl do in abia state,then u gotta pray to god to open your eyes.he objected to OBJ's third term agenda aint because of me and u but for selfish reasons that if am to start writting them i will make this topic as long as the FTA thread here on nairaland.and for u, my stupid brother,who claims general ojukwu,a man of calibre, forced our fathers to go to war is nothing but ignorance.we were already sing war songs b4 ojukwu opened his mouth to declare the god's loving state of BIAFRA.people wake up and fight these monsters in political cloth!.
Re: Abia "Gods Own State" by Ikengawo: 5:33am On Oct 07, 2009
how does Zamafara and Niger state have potential?
Re: Abia "Gods Own State" by udezue(m): 6:11am On Oct 07, 2009
Saga Saga Sack of SHIITT. grin

It is what it is. Ndi Igbo bu enyi. cheesy
Re: Abia "Gods Own State" by Kobojunkie: 6:14am On Oct 07, 2009
Ikengawo:

how does Zamafara and Niger state have potential?

Yes! Those two states have real potential as well.
Re: Abia "Gods Own State" by honeric01(m): 8:42am On Oct 07, 2009
every state has its own potentials to survive.
Re: Abia "Gods Own State" by Nobody: 12:00pm On Oct 07, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Yes! Those two states have real potential as well.

But he asked 'how'

In other words, shed more light.
Re: Abia "Gods Own State" by honeric01(m): 12:08pm On Oct 07, 2009
@omo ibo,
they were farming before, so they can still go back to cash crops okay
Re: Abia "Gods Own State" by Nobody: 12:12pm On Oct 07, 2009
honeric01:

@omo ibo,
  they were farming before, so they can still go back to cash crops okay

Thank you for schooling me.
Re: Abia "Gods Own State" by sayso: 12:13pm On Oct 07, 2009
So this still made it to the front page?
Re: Abia "Gods Own State" by Nobody: 12:18pm On Oct 07, 2009
Aba is the waste basket of the Nation. Right?
Re: Abia "Gods Own State" by ifyalways(f): 12:30pm On Oct 07, 2009
Ikengawo:

everybody i know from abia state is wierd as hell.
Arent u the strange one?
Re: Abia "Gods Own State" by Nezan(m): 12:34pm On Oct 07, 2009
Abians, ndooo!
Re: Abia "Gods Own State" by honeric01(m): 12:38pm On Oct 07, 2009
OMO IBO:

Thank you for schooling me.

you are welcomed, good student
Re: Abia "Gods Own State" by xyuche: 12:55pm On Oct 07, 2009
Am proud of my state.Abia for real
Abia for life

Aba, industrial base of the nation, talk of made in China finished in Aba, Ask my African brother,they will tell you that their assumed ''Italoo made ''was finally made and finished in Aba. we have craetive brains but the problem is that our government is not good at creating anabling enviroment for our infant industries to grow. Ask for any adultrated product we there for you.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fg Removes Fuel Importers From Cbn Debtors' List / Aregbesola To Partner Julius Berger On Road Construction / Picture Of GEJ In Suit As A Young Boy With Swag.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.