Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,887 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:05 AM

‘I Am Mentally Defeated’: Lil Wayne Announces Retirement From Music - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / ‘I Am Mentally Defeated’: Lil Wayne Announces Retirement From Music (2377 Views)

Lil Wayne Announces That He Is Left With Only A Month To Live / USA Rapper Lil Wayne Announces That He Is Left With Only A Month To Live / So Sad: Usa Rapper Lil Wayne Announces That He Is Left With Only A Month To Live (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘I Am Mentally Defeated’: Lil Wayne Announces Retirement From Music by mezynaija(m): 2:58pm On Sep 03, 2016
Lil Wayne bows out.

Today, the Young Money rapper made an unprecedented announcement about his career: he says he is done with music.

“I am now defenseless and mentally defeated and I leave gracefully and thankful,” he said, adding, “I luh my fanz but I’m dun.”

This comes just weeks after the Grammy Award winning rapper suffered multiple seizures. In June, Wayne was hospitalised after suffering double seizures during a flight from Milwaukee to California. And a month later, in July, he was hit by another seizure, this time in Vegas, and had to be hospitalised again. But he would emerge later to say it was a ‘false alarm‘.

His health issues were linked to the dangerous drink sizzurp (a purple concoction made from codeine and other drinks) which he is addicted to. Over the years, he had health emergencies, sometimes while on stages.

Now, he says he is ‘mentally defeated’ and ‘defenseless’, an expression that has fans worried if the sudden retirement is linked to his battled with sizzurp.

Source: http://www.jtownconnect.com/2016/09/i-am-mentally-defeated-lil-wayne.html

Re: ‘I Am Mentally Defeated’: Lil Wayne Announces Retirement From Music by mezynaija(m): 2:59pm On Sep 03, 2016
See tweets below:

Re: ‘I Am Mentally Defeated’: Lil Wayne Announces Retirement From Music by mezynaija(m): 3:00pm On Sep 03, 2016
Lalasticlala, Mynd44, Finestboi
Re: ‘I Am Mentally Defeated’: Lil Wayne Announces Retirement From Music by yrret: 3:00pm On Sep 03, 2016
Come to Nigeria for your retirement
Re: ‘I Am Mentally Defeated’: Lil Wayne Announces Retirement From Music by MrOlihilistic: 3:02pm On Sep 03, 2016
lipsrsealed
Re: ‘I Am Mentally Defeated’: Lil Wayne Announces Retirement From Music by hahn(m): 3:02pm On Sep 03, 2016
He should cut down on the codeine undecided

1 Like

Re: ‘I Am Mentally Defeated’: Lil Wayne Announces Retirement From Music by youngest85(m): 3:07pm On Sep 03, 2016
see as e resemble yar'adua
Re: ‘I Am Mentally Defeated’: Lil Wayne Announces Retirement From Music by yrret: 3:08pm On Sep 03, 2016
mezynaija:

His health issues were linked to the dangerous drink sizzurp (a purple concoction made from codeine and other drinks) which he is addicted to. Over the years, he had health emergencies, sometimes while on stages.

Some of our youths will read this but still will not learn, you can imagine teenagers these days coming to church with either codeine or tramadol in their pocket to be taken at will.

Very soon seizure will turn to be a common thing in this country if youths are not well informed.
Re: ‘I Am Mentally Defeated’: Lil Wayne Announces Retirement From Music by cruzita(f): 3:09pm On Sep 03, 2016
some stars and hard drugs

lil u look dirty
Re: ‘I Am Mentally Defeated’: Lil Wayne Announces Retirement From Music by cruzita(f): 3:10pm On Sep 03, 2016
hahn:
its not easy bro
Re: ‘I Am Mentally Defeated’: Lil Wayne Announces Retirement From Music by speedyconnect3: 3:31pm On Sep 03, 2016
hello
Re: ‘I Am Mentally Defeated’: Lil Wayne Announces Retirement From Music by Nobody: 3:55pm On Sep 03, 2016
Re: ‘I Am Mentally Defeated’: Lil Wayne Announces Retirement From Music by pskillzz(m): 4:01pm On Sep 03, 2016
he should quit weed nd codine instead
Re: ‘I Am Mentally Defeated’: Lil Wayne Announces Retirement From Music by klvb: 4:05pm On Sep 03, 2016
one of the great MC's of this generation. forget the lewd lyrics...his songs made me view life in a different dimension.
president carter.... #GOAT
Re: ‘I Am Mentally Defeated’: Lil Wayne Announces Retirement From Music by kevoh(m): 4:57pm On Sep 03, 2016
cruzita:
its not easy bro
Then he (and others not willing to let go) should be ready to embrace a life filled with seizures.
Re: ‘I Am Mentally Defeated’: Lil Wayne Announces Retirement From Music by power900: 5:02pm On Sep 03, 2016
hip hop is dead without Wayne, I could flash back when his carter album came out, 2007 or 8 or so, that was a great turn around for hiphop, the whole colabos was a hit, back to back, but the guy isn't normal ,so he needs stuffs to keep him on the edge, but its now way above his control though, but not to worry, when money finish ,him go run go studio go drop....
Re: ‘I Am Mentally Defeated’: Lil Wayne Announces Retirement From Music by CAPSLOCKED: 7:18pm On Sep 03, 2016
hahn:

ONCE YOU'RE EXPIRED, YOU'RE EXPIRED. AND THERE'S NO WAY AROUND IT.

LIL WAYNE IS EXPIRED.

(1) (Reply)

Check Out The Uncanny Resemblance Between Popular Actor And Footballer / Amazing See Photos Of Davido Prostrating To 9ice. / Watch How Ooni Of Ife’s Wife Calls Her Husband Sweet Names As She Bows Down.....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.