Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,454 members, 7,823,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:03 PM

10 Rock-solid Reasons Why You Should Be Investing In Land - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / 10 Rock-solid Reasons Why You Should Be Investing In Land (20923 Views)

Important Documents In Land Transactions. (must Read) / 10 Rock Solid Reasons Why You Should Be Investing In Land. / 7 Solid Reasons You Should Be Investing In Land Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Rock-solid Reasons Why You Should Be Investing In Land by Viktoreze(m): 9:03pm On Sep 03, 2016
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, vacant land is one of the most overlooked and misunderstood real estate investments in the world.

Whenever I tell people that I specialize in buying and selling vacant land, I get a lot of blank stares. I’ve found that there is a HUGE misconception in the minds of most real estate investors. A lot of people have this erroneous notion that vacant land is a “weak” (or even “pointless”) investment because…

It doesn’t produce income.
It just sits there and nothing happens.
It’s just boring.
It’s an unfortunate misconception, because the truth is – vacant land is capable of producing some serious cash flow and it’s one of the best investments in the world because of its hands-off nature and extreme versatility.

I LOVE the fact that land just sits there and nothing happens. The simplicity and stability that comes with owning the right piece of land (purchased at the right price) can far outweigh the myriad of problems that come with owning any other type of real estate. If you’ve overlooked vacant land as an investment opportunity in the past, you need to take a few minutes and get educated about what land is all about.

Here Are 10 Reasons Why You Should Be Investing In Land:

1) With Vacant Land, You Don’t Need to “do” Anything to the Property.
Forget construction! Forget renovations! You don’t need to be an expert or know anything about how to rehab a property yourself. In most cases, you really only need to know one thing: “Is the property suitable for building?” As long as someone else can build on the land if/when they want to, a huge part of the battle is already won.

2) Land is a “Hands-Off” Investment.
Have you had enough of dealing with tenants, toilets, bugs, mold, lawn care, leaking roofs, bursting pipes, broken furnaces, and the hundreds of other issues that come with owning buildings? Vacant land doesn’t involve ANY of those things. Once you buy it…   it sits there, it behaves itself, and nothing happens.

3) Statistically, Vacant Land Owners are Highly Motivated to Sell.
Why? Because vacant land owners (by default) are always absentee owners. When a person doesn’t live inside of (or even near) the property they’re trying to sell, there is less of an “emotional connection” (because it isn’t their primary residence). In many cases, you’ll find that these sellers are willing to sell their land for pennies on the dollar – simply because they don’t live anywhere near it, it’s not producing any income for them (because they don’t know how to optimize their land correctly) and as a result, they are much more apathetic about it. Find these people, and you will find some incredible deals.

4) Land Investors Have Virtually No Competition to Deal With.
Are you tired of dealing with such stiff competition on every property you try to buy? Are you sick of getting outbid on every good deal you’re lucky enough to find? Well guess what…  there is virtually no competition with land.  You see – most real estate investors have their minds stuck on: “houses”, “apartments”, “commercial property”, because that’s what everyone else does. Most investors don’t understand the superior benefits of land and this can definitely play to your advantage.

5) Land Investors Call Their Own Shots.
When you buy vacant land the right way, it’s easy to buy each property with your own cash and completely avoid dealing with banks and mortgage companies. When I got started as a land investor, I had $3,000 to my name and to this day, I have never had to borrow money from a bank. Ever. When you know where to look for great deals on land, it requires very little start-up capital to get your business up and running.

6) When You Learn How to Research Properties Effectively, you can Buy and Sell Vacant Land Properties Without Ever Seeing Them In-Person.
In 2011, I bought and sold a parcel of land and grossed over $44,000. The entire process took me 5 months from start to finish and to this day, I’ve never actually seen this property with my own eyes. Everything was done virtually, using the tools that you and I have available for FREE online. The beauty of land is that it doesn’t involve any structures. This means the inspection process is VERY simple – and if you’re doing the right research, you can easily buy your properties without ever visiting them in-person.

7) Add Seller Financing to the Mix and EXPLODE Your Income Potential.
When you combine vacant land with the power of Seller Financing, it’s a match made in heaven. It can open up the doors to finding MANY more buyers, because most banks are very hesitant to lend money on vacant land. Due to the scarcity of “easy money” financing, a land investor can use this to their advantage by charging a higher-than-market interest rate and many people will gladly pay it. Seller Financing is also a great way to create multiple streams of passive income that act like rental properties, but come with virtually none of the typical headaches that rental properties are known for.

cool Land is Very Inexpensive to Own as a Long-Term Investment.
When you buy a piece of land for the right price, there are no mortgage payments to make, no utility bills to pay, the cost of property insurance is nominal (if you have it at all) and property taxes are extremely cheap. If you want to park your cash somewhere and forget about it, vacant land could be exactly the investment vehicle you’re looking for.

9) Land Gives its Owner Peace of Mind.
Think about it – land is a long-term, tangible asset that doesn’t wear out, doesn’t depreciate, and nothing can get broken, stolen or destroyed. Put all of these benefits together with your ability to buy it for next-to-nothing…   and can you think of a better combination?

10) They Aren’t Making Any More Of It.
Most people don’t think of vacant land this way, but the reality is – land is an extremely valuable resource with limited quantities available. Especially when you purchase land in the path of growth, you will find yourself with a finite asset that a lot of other people want to get their hands on. Stocks, bonds, mutual funds and 401Ks all make sense in certain scenarios, and so does land. If you go into this with the intent of holding the right property for the long-term, it can make a lot more sense (and be a lot more profitable) than any other retirement vehicle out there.

Land Investing Is A Huge Opportunity
I’ll be completely honest with you. Land investing is without question, the most powerful strategy I’ve used to build my real estate investing career. I’ve bought and sold dozens of vacant land properties and generated a lot of passive income by selling them with Seller Financing.

Culled from retipsterdotcom

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 10 Rock-solid Reasons Why You Should Be Investing In Land by siraj1402(m): 6:42am On Sep 04, 2016
I need advice on this.
Meanwhile
Chess is only game in the world, which reflects the status of the husband. The poor King can only take one step at a time...,while the Mighty Queen can do whatever she likes.
Only rich people can do as they like, poor people has limitations.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Rock-solid Reasons Why You Should Be Investing In Land by omoadeleye(m): 6:44am On Sep 04, 2016
uhm
Re: 10 Rock-solid Reasons Why You Should Be Investing In Land by DesChyko: 6:44am On Sep 04, 2016
Cool
Re: 10 Rock-solid Reasons Why You Should Be Investing In Land by beautiful232(f): 6:46am On Sep 04, 2016
Nice one tho
but anything Land the fear me oo
Re: 10 Rock-solid Reasons Why You Should Be Investing In Land by Humblega(m): 6:46am On Sep 04, 2016
Land business na lucrative business bcs it will always appreciate, but pray not to be Omo onile prey, those pple are not smilling ooo. They sells 1 land for 5 people. If u see there wahala u will change ur number 1,2, 4 and 9 writeup immediately

4 Likes

Re: 10 Rock-solid Reasons Why You Should Be Investing In Land by Clone2020(m): 6:47am On Sep 04, 2016
I read all that and I didn't really learn anything impactful. Sounds like you copied and pasted all that stuff from an American website or something. You bought a land in this Nigeria from a website for $44,000 without even visiting the land once or conducting any thorough investigation on it? Do you realize that many of these online listings have a huge mark-up sometimes as high as 30%? Worst of all, you don't take inflatiion and the depreciation of naira into consideration when calculating your ROI; a piece of land you bought 5mil naira last year can never be sold as high as 7.5million naira this year even though naira has depreciated almost 50% in a year. I didn't even include the loss caused by 16% inflation. I like the idea of real estate as a long term investment and not this easy short term flipping thing you make it out to be. I particularly like a mixture of landed properties, stocks and a retirement portfolio, never put all your eggs in one basket, even real estate do have risks and their prices can crash as well.

22 Likes

Re: 10 Rock-solid Reasons Why You Should Be Investing In Land by Chidexter(m): 6:47am On Sep 04, 2016
Would have love to but I no get money, make I first dey invest for my belly first. No be person wey dey alive they think of land. ..

7 Likes

Re: 10 Rock-solid Reasons Why You Should Be Investing In Land by Ajusshi: 6:49am On Sep 04, 2016
Copy and paste. Pls, give us the 9ja version..make sure you include Omo-nile wahala and other fraudulent Nigerian antics..

12 Likes

Re: 10 Rock-solid Reasons Why You Should Be Investing In Land by pat077: 6:50am On Sep 04, 2016
Ok
Re: 10 Rock-solid Reasons Why You Should Be Investing In Land by leokennedi(m): 6:50am On Sep 04, 2016
Advice for the morning...... invest on buying land, #no regrets in the long and short run.
Re: 10 Rock-solid Reasons Why You Should Be Investing In Land by Nobody: 6:50am On Sep 04, 2016
I bought half paint of garri 280 last two days, I don't blame anybody not even buhari. Am just sad that my bitter leaf soup is no more in proportion with my eba.
N/B: eba is garri soaked and left to swell in hot water.
... I will never do land business cos that thing don chop plenty people head, brothers hate each other cos of land. That is why I find more peace dealing with animals than humans.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Rock-solid Reasons Why You Should Be Investing In Land by Tkayhandsome(m): 6:51am On Sep 04, 2016
Buy and lease it out. The best. The land is still yours
Re: 10 Rock-solid Reasons Why You Should Be Investing In Land by orijintv(m): 6:52am On Sep 04, 2016
Perfect Topic For This Mornin !! I Always Say That Buyin Vacant Lands Is Far Nd Much Beta Dan Estate Mangement !! Bless Yu Op For This Piece

1 Like

Re: 10 Rock-solid Reasons Why You Should Be Investing In Land by Funjosh(m): 6:53am On Sep 04, 2016
The best things to invest in and your money is intact and still valuable cool
Re: 10 Rock-solid Reasons Why You Should Be Investing In Land by stano2(m): 6:53am On Sep 04, 2016
Having the money to do so, I will do it forst
Re: 10 Rock-solid Reasons Why You Should Be Investing In Land by Nobody: 6:54am On Sep 04, 2016
urgent buyer for two plots of land measuring 648msq. at treasure parks and gardens (golf & estate)phase 1 ext.,shimawa,behind redemption camp,off lagos-ibadan express road.currently been sold at 4,000,000 per plot by adron homes properties and estimated to sell for 6,000,000 before year end.each plot is going for a discounted rate of 3M per plot for any interested person.title doc available are,a duly executed purchase receipt,deed of contract,deed of lease/deed of assignment,survey plan,letter of plot allocation,land covered with global certificate of occupancy.price negotiable!
HURRY call/whatsapp 08034637732
Re: 10 Rock-solid Reasons Why You Should Be Investing In Land by lawson06(m): 6:57am On Sep 04, 2016
Noted
Re: 10 Rock-solid Reasons Why You Should Be Investing In Land by Adesiji77: 6:57am On Sep 04, 2016
I think it depends on one's investment horizon. Getting buyers for land during this recession is a tough work.

Meanwhile, bargain hunters are spoilt for choice with the number of properties in the market. Some owners are even willing to negotiate their prices downward just to get their funds.

Different strokes... cool
Re: 10 Rock-solid Reasons Why You Should Be Investing In Land by Ezedon(m): 6:59am On Sep 04, 2016
the wisest investment
Re: 10 Rock-solid Reasons Why You Should Be Investing In Land by IMASTEX: 6:59am On Sep 04, 2016
Noted, thanks for the info
Re: 10 Rock-solid Reasons Why You Should Be Investing In Land by Kpartners: 6:59am On Sep 04, 2016
Good but not in Lagos and Asaba, because Lagos Omo onile will sell that your land to 5 different people and you will come back to meet a building or a Church in your so called land

2 Likes

Re: 10 Rock-solid Reasons Why You Should Be Investing In Land by momove4real25(f): 7:00am On Sep 04, 2016
Come and buy land is Abeokuta and ogun state generally and it wudnt be an acquisition land. But if u want acquisition land that can be ratifiable u can still get. While some acquisition land are comitted, when I say committed it mean one can not get c of o nor building approval till govnor lift the embargo. Rememebr land appreciates in valuation. Before u pay for any land let it be chatted so that u won't buy a committed land Call on 08161375559
Re: 10 Rock-solid Reasons Why You Should Be Investing In Land by momove4real25(f): 7:08am On Sep 04, 2016
orijintv:
Perfect Topic For This Mornin !! I Always Say That Buyin Vacant Lands Is Far Nd Much Beta Dan Estate Mangement !! Bless Yu Op For This Piece
its not far better. That's y u av estate surveyor and valuation and am one of them. Land n real property generally is a gud biz to venture in. At times u av land if u dnt apply gud use of it by frst carryg out market survey to kW the best use, u might not quickly recoup ur money. That usually affects some petrol station sited in wrong place fold up. In any business frst carry out market survey that determines. Go to estate agent to put u tru. Land u get at 400k today might go for 700k following year depndg on the area how people easily migrates in. While some u get at 50k per plot might not move that value for like 4- 5 years if in rural area. Forces of demand n supplies control land n landed property. If a house is sited in a gud location n demand is high making it scarce not like pure water u see here n dre, u can get big money. That's if its still in gud condition n facilities enjoyed in d neighborhood. U can also buy accrs of land if u dnt get approval fr fence permit against to put fence round it. Omonile might snatch. There are many litigation we handle on land. Dragg govt to court sef. Av seen somebody with 1 acre of land now the omonile has taken away 31/2 plot from the 6 plots, since no one is monitoring it. i will never sell a problem land to any client, n will advice to av improvement on the land. Both business dey alright but no buy am and leave am without duin anything on it. that's y people rush fr our home owners chatted program in Ogun state for c of o BKS of omonile

2 Likes

Re: 10 Rock-solid Reasons Why You Should Be Investing In Land by don4real18(m): 7:08am On Sep 04, 2016
beautiful232:
Nice one tho

but anything Land the fear me oo
You are really pretty but I shouldn't trust everything I see..... Go through the proper channels and there will be no need to fear
Re: 10 Rock-solid Reasons Why You Should Be Investing In Land by weblord1900: 7:24am On Sep 04, 2016
how na
Re: 10 Rock-solid Reasons Why You Should Be Investing In Land by ezchriz(m): 7:27am On Sep 04, 2016
Copied, am a witness. Land business is a sure one.
Re: 10 Rock-solid Reasons Why You Should Be Investing In Land by momove4real25(f): 7:29am On Sep 04, 2016
Its gud to invest in land but my bro govt policies affects many area. Take a look at some areas that are free from acquisition when u bought it. And govt now acquire for the overrindg public interest for her citizenry BKS all land in each states are vested in d hand of the state govnor they can acquire anywhre at any point in time.Am not sayg one sudnt buy and sell land, but let them kW the risk too. Like one of my client that bought land at 200k she sold some part to make fence round it for future purpose. Now land in that axis goes for 600k now. See how speedily it appreciate. Av seen a building cited on some area that goes for like 500k and above. They won't give it out to someone that is not working, that's y u av estate agency. While a colleague in school tried buying a plot that was free from acquisition and he put blocks and odas on it. Some months later govt acquired the land. My advice to people is bfre u even pay for a land take a Suryor dre to pick coordinate and chart it for u. Dnt listen to them that this land is free by their mouths let the machine guide u n d govt chartg room. Its better to lose little amount than lose huge amount to govt.

1 Like

Re: 10 Rock-solid Reasons Why You Should Be Investing In Land by orijintv(m): 7:30am On Sep 04, 2016
momove4real25:
its not far better. That's y u av estate surveyor and valuation and am one of them. Land n real property generally is a gud biz to venture in. At times u av land if u dnt apply gud use of it by frst carryg out market survey to kW the best use, u might not quickly recoup ur money. That usually affects some petrol station sited in wrong place fold up. In any business frst carry out market survey that determines. Go to estate agent to put u tru. Land u get at 400k today might go for 700k following year depndg on the area how people easily migrates in. While some u get at 50k per plot might not move that value for like 4- 5 years if in rural area. Forces of demand n supplies control land n landed property. If a house is sited in a gud location n demand is high making it scarce not like pure water u see here n dre, u can get big money. That's if its still in gud condition n facilities enjoyed in d neighborhood. U can also buy accrs of land if u dnt get approval fr fence permit against to put fence round it. Omonile might snatch. There are many litigation we handle on land. Dragg govt to court sef. Av seen somebody with 1 acre of land now the omonile has taken away 31/2 plot from the 6 plots, since no one is monitoring it. i will never sell a problem land to any client, n will advice to av improvement on the land. Both business dey alright but no buy am and leave am without duin anything on it. that's y people rush fr our home owners chatted program in Ogun state for c of o BKS of omonile

Bless U for This Gud Info

1 Like

Re: 10 Rock-solid Reasons Why You Should Be Investing In Land by Hibiscuss(m): 7:31am On Sep 04, 2016
momove4real25:
l
Jide Taiwo?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Decomposing Body Recovered From Abuja Collapsed Building - Photo / Low Price High Quality And Coverage Italian Stucco / Where Is The Best Place To Buy Land? Mowe Or Ikorodu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.