Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,771 members, 7,851,635 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 02:10 AM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (1265) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6270159 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1262) (1263) (1264) (1265) (1266) (1267) (1268) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by ednited(f): 9:32pm On Jun 29, 2017
mtis:
ednited gal can you dance like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byvciK1Lh9o

Hehe Naha! Can you dance? Am not asking like this one but. . .can you?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:33pm On Jun 29, 2017
Nairobi...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:35pm On Jun 29, 2017
ednited:

Hehe Naha! Can you dance? Am not asking like this one but. . .can you?
dance moves very fast..i like it slower an when am drinking something evenif its a glass of water grin grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:38pm On Jun 29, 2017
ednited:

I think Kenyans in Nairobi do a lot of partying. For real, I have a friend who moved from Nairobi to Addis for this reason. Her dad feared she won't be schooling much for this reason

Do you guys party a lot?
On a second note we do party alot an if ya top rank DJ ya rolling with money ...

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:39pm On Jun 29, 2017
Nomfanelo99:

why would he say South Africa is not Africa?

I donno. He has his reasons

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jun 29, 2017
TayserMahiri:

I donno. He has his reasons
Msee umeamka .. nami doo nalala grin grin

Nyt every one am out
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by ednited(f): 9:42pm On Jun 29, 2017
. . . .
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:54pm On Jun 29, 2017
All systems go as these leaders battle it out for the top job in Kenya. Raila Odinga and his Running mate Kalonzo Musyoka seeking to unseat Uhuru Kenyatta and his Running mate (vice president) William Ruto. 38 days remaining...

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 10:12pm On Jun 29, 2017
ednited:

We are both same tribes. But you are very sensitive on the tribe thing

I am not very concerned tho

Why are you very sensitive on that?
seen your new topic
To be honest with you, I wasn't like this before 3 months ago. The reason that made me like this my extensive search about Ethiopia online(this forum also hugely contributed).

Ednited, in real life I'm not like this. It's only when I get emotional I write those kind of things.

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 10:17pm On Jun 29, 2017
A tradition for Kenyan politics is the launch of party manifestos by all parties seeking elective positions. Each party has to provide in writing exactly what they plan to do for the people of the nation. I dont know if this is a tradition in your countries? Here were the launches of NASA Alliance (Raila Odinga & Kalonzo Musyoka) and JUBILEE Alliance (Uhuru Kenyatta and William Ruto) respectively.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 10:25pm On Jun 29, 2017
Hati13:

Nigerians are predominantly Bantus, so why do they hate them?

Nigerians are predominantly Bantus? Hell no we aren't!

West Africans are like a unique breed of Africans with an identity of our own. I wonder why most Horn africans think all other Black africans are the same and are Bantus.
Most Nigerians and West africans have never even heard the word 'Bantu' in their entire lives.
Bantus dominate Central, Southern and Eastern Africa and they are believed to have although originated from West africa.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 10:28pm On Jun 29, 2017
Some more random photos of Manifesto launch over the week

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 10:29pm On Jun 29, 2017
fanficgirl:

Lmao
Dear, where have you been?
My WhatsApp expired and I can't contact you.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 10:30pm On Jun 29, 2017

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 10:34pm On Jun 29, 2017
One of these two fellas will be President elect in August

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 10:36pm On Jun 29, 2017
9jakool:

And did I ever argue about Hausa foot soldiers?

You did not argue about hausa foot soldiers, but you are playing down their relevance, forgetting that Hausa was the language of the caliphate and spoken by most fulanis who were already becoming heavily hausanized.

It is very pointless adressing Hausanized fulanis as fulanis., cos the former are almost no different from Hausas themselves. So i don't see anything wrong in calling some of the jihadic wars hausa-fulani wars, just as those embarked on by the Nupes can be very much called Nupe-hausa-fulani jihad wars.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 10:42pm On Jun 29, 2017
TayserMahiri:

Really? The kind of languages I see them writing here dont even remotely resemble Bantu. I see Genie, Nowenuse and Isalhabash write very strange words.

We are not writing strange words. We are writing Hausa language which is spoken as a lingua franca by 100- 150 million people in over 5 different countries of West and Central africa as a 1st, 2nd or 3rd language.

Hausa is sometimes ranked ahead of your Swahili as the most spoken African language.

Cc Hati13
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 10:51pm On Jun 29, 2017
9jakool:

Seeing that I've already addressed most of your points, I'm just going to adress this specific one. The Hausas are not the only present day Nigerians to develop a writing script or even the only one to do so from Arabic.

The Yorubas of Nigeria also develop a writing script from Arabic and they also called it Ajami. The Swahili all the way in East Africa also did so and they called it Ajami. See any similarities? Ajami is not a term that is unique to the Hausas as it's just an Arabic word for the various modified Arabic scripts used to write African languages.

And lastly, the modified Ajami scripts are not the only precolonial scripts used in Nigeria which is contrary to your claim. Odu Ifa of the Yorubas can be considered a form of writing, although it differs from the conventional modes of writing. If you are looking for that, then there is a so called minority ethnic group from the deep forests of central Cross River states that developed a form of ideograph writing called Nsibidi which dates back almost 2,000 years ago long before the Hausas even made contacts with Islam or Arabs.

Yoruba developed Ajami? Never heard of that. Are there scrolls and precolonial documents in this yoruba ajami script to prove this?
Cos, Hausa ajami was so popular among the hausa masses that it entered our naira notes and national army logo.

I'd like to know about this Yoruba odu ifa please.

I have heard about Nsibidi writing and it seems like Igbos are now laying claim to it. I heard it was developed by the Ekoi people. Unfortunately it was never a very developed form of writing, neither was it scriptinzed. ...please, do you know if the Ekoi masses or elders of today themselves decode it?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 10:56pm On Jun 29, 2017
Shaytun:

Nigeria to supply Walmart with $6 billion worth of cashew nuts.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/business/business-news/235307-nigeria-supply-walmart-6-billion-worth-cashew-nuts.html

Wow, this is huge!

Agriculture is really the future of Nigeria.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 11:08pm On Jun 29, 2017
GERALD710:

Slums, based on innacurate information.
Nigerians have an inflated sense of their entertainment industry.I come from coastal Kenya,we do not watch Nigerian movies.We watch Bollywood and Hollywood.
Indians have little power in Kenya.Kenya is defined by tribal politics.Indians are yet to be designated as a tribe, even though they clamor for it
As for Whites in Kenya, they are a virtual non entitiy these days.Politically and economically, they are dwarfed by the Government of Kenya.
As for African cultures, the Maasai culture is one of the most recognizable form of African culture out there.Whether you go to China, the US or the UK, the Maasai are known.
Nigerians are associated with the 'Nigerian Prince 'culture and the drug culture.
In my own country, you have brought us this drugs nonsense!
https://citizentv.co.ke/news/two-nigerians-arrested-with-heroine-worth-ksh-4-5m-in-mombasa-168947/

Whatever accurate or innacurate info about Kenyan slums does not stop Nairobi from officially having the largest, most numerous and most populous slums in Africa. Check any ranking anywhere, it's same.

Coastal Kenyans watching Nigerian movies or not does not stop Nigerian movies/musics from being the most watched in Africa (excluding viewership from Nigeria).

Having African cultures is a very different thing from promoting African cultures! How well has the govt and masses of Kenya promoted and nationalized their traditional clothes, traditional festivals, carnivals, national arts, crafts and cultural theatre performances and exhibitions?

Genieluv did not mention whites alone in Kenya, she also mentioned Indians, seeing how you have succesfully excused the whites, i bet you would have done likewise for the Indians, if not that the achievements of the Indians in Kenya are speaking volumes too loud to be denied or excused. Lol

Kenyans will always be Kenyans. Lying and excusing themselves always.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 11:09pm On Jun 29, 2017
Nowenuse:

Nigerians are predominantly Bantus? Hell no we aren't!

West Africans are like a unique breed of Africans with an identity of our own. I wonder why most Horn africans think all other Black africans are the same and are Bantus.
Most Nigerians and West africans have never even heard the word 'Bantu' in their entire lives.
Bantus dominate Central, Southern and Eastern Africa and they are believed to have although originated from West africa.
Oh I thought otherwise. Huge thanks for correcting me.

So to what classifications are you guys grouped?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 11:10pm On Jun 29, 2017
PissedYagami:
Eldoret, Kenya

Jeeeez Kenyans, we are tired of seeing this the same picture of Eldoret all the time.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 11:14pm On Jun 29, 2017
Hati13:

Oh I thought otherwise. Huge thanks for correcting me.

So to what classifications are you guys grouped?

Most of us, Nigerians and West africans fall under the Niger-Congo languages/ethnic groups, while others like the Berbers and Chadics fall under the Afro-asiatic classification just like you semitics and cushitics. We also have some Nilo-saharans.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 11:18pm On Jun 29, 2017
Nowenuse:

We are not writing strange words. We are writing Hausa language which is spoken as a lingua franca by 100- 150 million people in over 5 different countries of West and Central africa as a 1st, 2nd or 3rd language.

Hausa is sometimes ranked ahead of your Swahili as the most spoken African language.

Cc Hati13
I thought some of you guys weird writing is Pigin. Are you Hausa?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 11:22pm On Jun 29, 2017
Nowenuse:

Most of us, Nigerians and West africans fall under the Niger-Congo languages/ethnic groups, while others like the Berbers and Chadics fall under the Afro-asiatic classification just like you semitics and cushitics. We also have some Nilo-saharans.
But Niger-Congo also includes Bantu languages.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 11:41pm On Jun 29, 2017
Jayceon:
Because we remain the best country on the continent.

Nomfanelo.just look around and tell me if you think SA should be called a 'third world country' .I don't think so

d only country in d whole world that's still in slavery. u are a 400th world country sef
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Fidha254(m): 5:15am On Jun 30, 2017
genieluv:

Lol, Loler, Lolest cheesy

Here's mine

Teacher : Class, who can give me an example of future tense used in a sentence?

Student : I sir, ....."Kenya will be the future of Africa".

Teacher : No dumb-head, that is not a future tense, it is a 'future impossible tense' cheesy
Meanwhile as we continue to Laugh out loud...
25% of all new skyscrapers under construction in the whole continent of 55 countries are in Nairobi,Kenya

https://www.bdcnetwork.com/ctbuh%E2%80%99s-tall-building-predictions-2017?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C3499114318

- Nairobi solidifies its emergence as Africa’s premier skyscraper hub as construction starts on Hass Tower in Nairobi – the first supertall to begin construction in Africa. Nairobi is in the midst of a skyscraper building boom,accounting for almost a quarter of all active high-rise construction in Africa – far outpacing any other comparable cities.Adding to that will be the Hass complexwhen it starts construction in September. The two-tower project will break a number of records, featuring Kenya’s two tallest buildings, Africa’s first supertall tower, and two of the three tallest buildings on the continent. Its construction will solidify Nairobi’s emergence as Africa’s primary skyscraper city.

--------
Lets get back to laughing as we let that one sink in

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by freshest4live: 5:42am On Jun 30, 2017
Fidha254:
Meanwhile as we continue to Laugh out loud...
25% of all new skyscrapers under construction in the whole continent of 55 countries are in Nairobi,Kenya

https://www.bdcnetwork.com/ctbuh%E2%80%99s-tall-building-predictions-2017?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C3499114318

- Nairobi solidifies its emergence as Africa’s premier skyscraper hub as construction starts on Hass Tower in Nairobi – the first supertall to begin construction in Africa. Nairobi is in the midst of a skyscraper building boom,accounting for almost a quarter of all active high-rise construction in Africa – far outpacing any other comparable cities.Adding to that will be the Hass complexwhen it starts construction in September. The two-tower project will break a number of records, featuring Kenya’s two tallest buildings, Africa’s first supertall tower, and two of the three tallest buildings on the continent. Its construction will solidify Nairobi’s emergence as Africa’s primary skyscraper city.

--------
Lets get back to laughing as we let that one sink in
Why is almost everything in Kenya about Nairobi?

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by kikuyu1(m): 6:05am On Jun 30, 2017
TayserMahiri:
One of these two fellas will be President elect in August

I don't want to derail this thread with politics but I'll say this: if UK somehow loses (IMPOSSIBLE! !) I'LL DELETE MY NAIRALAND ACCOUNT! There,I said it!

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 6:28am On Jun 30, 2017
uzzyfire:
d only country in d whole world that's still in slavery. u are a 400th world country sef
looooooll grin

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Lionessza(f): 6:34am On Jun 30, 2017
uzzyfire:

The best slavery ever might I add , seeing that people from " free Nigeria " are making long queues at our embassies daily burdening our staff members to come down here lol. Our police and immigration officers are working overtime time here tracking down Nigerians to save them from getting used to "slavery " but the Nigerians are busy running and hiding under bridges avoiding being sent to their " free country" grin. This tells me "freedom" ain't that nice afterall and I never want to experience it grin. Here's a deal , keep the freedom in Nigeria and stop flocking down here and we will keep our slavery and we promise we will never step foot over there. Thank you in advance grin.

6 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 6:53am On Jun 30, 2017
Lionessza:

The best slavery ever might I add , seeing that people from " free Nigeria " are making long queues at our embassies daily burdening our staff members to come down here lol. Our police and immigration officers are working overtime time here tracking down Nigerians to save them from getting used to "slavery " but the Nigerians are busy running and hiding under bridges avoiding being sent to their " free country" grin. This tells me "freedom" ain't that nice afterall and I never want to experience it grin. Here's a deal , keep the freedom in Nigeria and stop flocking down here and we will keep our slavery and we promise we will never step foot over there. Thank you in advance grin.
FACTZ..

New age slaves...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1262) (1263) (1264) (1265) (1266) (1267) (1268) ... (9933)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.