Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,649 members, 7,865,604 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 09:29 PM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (1334) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6295131 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1331) (1332) (1333) (1334) (1335) (1336) (1337) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 7:14am On Jul 31, 2017
Muafrika2:

That's because we live in the most brainwashed society since the beginning of Man. I mean, our most primitive ancestors had more truth in their societies than we do.
Thank you ..was wondering why half of America would vote for a guy like Trump..guess I know the answer now cheesy
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 11:18am On Jul 31, 2017
mtis:

Thank you ..was wondering why half of America would vote for a guy like Trump..guess I know the answer now cheesy
The guy is a terrorist
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jul 31, 2017
Hati13:

Yes, you can say it's a love song. The title of the song in English means "hold her hand".

Yes, the yellow liquid is a traditional drink. It's called honey wine or t’ej. Ethiopia is considered the originator of honey wine or t’ej.

Which Kenyan ethnic group/s do the shoulder shaking dance?

T'ej must be very sweet! Do you know how its prepared? The Samburu and Maasai do the shoulder shake and I think the Kamba too.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 3:24pm On Jul 31, 2017
Muafrika2:

They haven't been to my village angry

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/study-on-genetically-modified-corn-herbicide-and-tumors-reignites-controversy/

Lol, what were they trying to convince farmers to grow the GMOs? Its banned completely in KEnya. These companies cannot be trusted.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 3:28pm On Jul 31, 2017
freshest4live:

As for me though, l'm not comfortable with this GMO thing. I believe GM foods should be regulated, though there's nothing scientifically wrong with them so far.

Me too I am not comfortable with GMOs. But eventually people will accept them considering the changing climate and weather patterns. Humans have this uncanny habit of refusing to use new things until they absolutely have to. It was the same for hunter gatherers for thousands years. They couldnt plant seeds until they could no longer sustain themselves with game. I think if proper science is applied there should be no problem.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 3:29pm On Jul 31, 2017
Muafrika2:

That's because we live in the most brainwashed society since the beginning of Man. I mean, our most primitive ancestors had more truth in their societies than we do.

They had very little to grasp compared to what is known now.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 3:36pm On Jul 31, 2017
Birthday on the streets wink

Only in Kenya where you could be walking down the streets and receive a random birthday cake grin

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 3:41pm On Jul 31, 2017
~

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jul 31, 2017
TayserMahiri:

T'ej must be very sweet! Do you know how its prepared? The Samburu and Maasai do the shoulder shake and I think the Kamba too.
Yes, it's sweet. But it isn't like the normal sweetness. It has alcohol on in, so you can easily be drank.

It's prepared through fermentation process using honey and gesho. If you fermented it for longer time, the alcoholic content will be very high. Some of our ancestors used to fragment it sometimes for 2 years.

A person could start the fragmentation process at age of 20 and drink it at the age of 22 or 25. grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 4:10pm On Jul 31, 2017
TayserMahiri:

Lol, what were they trying to convince farmers to grow the GMOs? Its banned completely in KEnya. These companies cannot be trusted.
Haven't you heard Ruto campaign for BT cotton. WI think that we'll be starting with the most extreme of GMO crops
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 4:14pm On Jul 31, 2017
TayserMahiri:

Only in Kenya where you could be walking down the streets and receive a random birthday cake grin
Which Sarah is this?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jul 31, 2017
Hati13:

Yes, it's sweet. But it isn't like the normal sweetness. It has alcohol on in, so you can easily be drank.

It's prepared through fermentation process using honey and gesho. If you fermented it for longer time, the alcoholic content will be very high. Some of our ancestors used to fragment it sometimes for 2 years.

A person could start the fragmentation process at age of 20 and drink it at the age of 22 or 25. grin

grin grin grin
Thats some serious patience wenedem. You guys today cannot wait that long to get high cheesy What is gesho?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 4:59pm On Jul 31, 2017
Muafrika2:

Haven't you heard Ruto campaign for BT cotton. WI think that we'll be starting with the most extreme of GMO crops

Never heard that one is it when he was agriculture minister? I thought starting with cotton would be better than starting with foodcrops undecided
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 5:02pm On Jul 31, 2017
Muafrika2:

Which Sarah is this?

She's the wife of Simon Kabu, owner Bonfire Adventures.

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 5:22pm On Jul 31, 2017
TayserMahiri:

grin grin grin
Thats some serious patience wenedem. You guys today cannot wait that long to get high cheesy What is gesho?
I think there are still some ppl nowadays who wait that long. In the past, the best and most lucrative drink in Ethiopia were Tella and Tej. grin

Gesho is a green leaf which contains high level of Alcoho in it.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 6:07pm On Jul 31, 2017
TayserMahiri:

Never heard that one is it when he was agriculture minister? I thought starting with cotton would be better than starting with foodcrops undecided
Its modefied to genetically produce a pesticide as it grows. The problem is it kills everything else that feeds on its pollen like, stalks.etc

It kills cows. So imagine what kind of clothes it will make cheesy
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jul 31, 2017
Wendem TayserMahiri

Listen also this Agew ppl traditional song in Amharic language.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JD65ICaG5GA

It was the Agew ppl who gave us our national dance "Eskista". The shoulder shaking dance.

They are also the one who gave us our national dish "Injera" and many other endless things........

I'm half Agew.

I met the the singer 7 years ago. smiley
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 6:32pm On Jul 31, 2017
TayserMahiri:

Is it a celebrity or ordinary(sorry for using this term) person birthday?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jul 31, 2017
Muafrika2:

Its modefied to genetically produce a pesticide as it grows. The problem is it kills everything else that feeds on its pollen like, stalks.etc

It kills cows. So imagine what kind of clothes it will make cheesy

It kills cows?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jul 31, 2017
Hati13:
Wendem TayserMahiri

Listen also this Agew ppl traditional song in Amharic language.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JD65ICaG5GA

It was the Agew ppl who gave us our national dance "Eskista". The shoulder shaking dance.

They are also the one who gave us our national dish "Injera" and many other endless things........

I'm half Agew.

I met the the singer 7 years ago. smiley

I'm laughing what other endless things did Agew give you ? cheesy Is the singer very popular? You attended his shows huh?

Watch this Swahili dance called Chakacha when on Wifi, its nice. cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmnxsFEtuZY

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jul 31, 2017
Hati13:

Is it a celebrity or ordinary(sorry for using this term) person birthday?

Not a celebrity.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 7:05pm On Jul 31, 2017
TayserMahiri:

It kills cows?
Yep,

They stray onto a harvested field and that's their end
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 7:52pm On Jul 31, 2017
TayserMahiri:

I'm laughing what other endless things did Agew give you ? cheesy Is the singer very popular? You attended his shows huh?

Watch this Swahili dance called Chakacha when on Wifi, its nice. cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmnxsFEtuZY
The cultures of Amara and Tigray ppl are mostly Agew ppl culture.

He is famous in Amara region, but not that much through Ethiopia.

No, I didn't attend his shows. His is my mother relative. Most Wag Hemra Agew ppl who live in Sekota know each other. I met him in weeding ceremony.

Thanks wendem for the video. I promise to watch when I'm on WIFI like you suggested. I think I will be on WIFI on October. Re-welcome to Ethiopia. grin

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 2:04am On Aug 01, 2017
Muafrika2:

Yep,

They stray onto a harvested field and that's their end

Never heard of this honestly. Any links?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 2:07am On Aug 01, 2017
Hati13:

The cultures of Amara and Tigray ppl are mostly Agew ppl culture.

He is famous in Amara region, but not that much through Ethiopia.

No, I didn't attend his shows. His is my mother relative. Most Wag Hemra Agew ppl who live in Sekota know each other. I met him in weeding ceremony.

Thanks wendem for the video. I promise to watch when I'm on WIFI like you suggested. I think I will be on WIFI on October. Re-welcome to Ethiopia. grin

lol, so he's a relative after all tongue lucky you! Wifi in October hehe, that actually sounds like a slogan grin grin grin Ethiopia is really interesting, I should visit some day.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 2:21am On Aug 01, 2017
MtuMsuper, Muafrika and Kikuyu1et al. you might need this to quench your thirst cool The film should answer your questions about the spread of early humans. Kikuyu1, you might need to jump to 1:26:00 to understand the Polynesian (and Melanesian) migration to the farthest points of the Pacific. Definitely worth your serene time. From 1:36:00, you can see how Melanesians used the ancient art of non-instrument navigation to sail all the way even to South America and were likely the first outsiders there, not Columbus. A fete definitely worth celebration.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jALNCPeoqTw

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 5:49am On Aug 01, 2017
68816419:

nice write up and very unbiased, so , who now controls Westland (where most of recent development lies,developments like hotels,estates, towers,supper markets,cinemas ...),parkland,ngara,spring valley, parts of lower kabete, and even some parts of south c, i am asking this cause most of the people that controls businesses in these areas are Indians ,Arab and Somalis(south c and Eastleigh) , I am not against multiculturalism I just want Kenyans to shine their eyes and see what's going on,multiculturalism shouldn't be mistaking as development rather should be treated as an aspect of recolonization....
A. The Leases in Westlands have been expiring and many Indians are selling their lands to.... African businessmen.In fact, the only Indian skyscrappers I can find in Westlands are around 3.Imperial Bank,Krishna Centre and one on Muthithi road.
I know because I actually live in Westlands. The tallest buildings in Westlands are Delta(owned by the University of Nairobi, thus a government building)Bandari Plaza(owned by the Kenya Ports Authority ,a Government parastatal) and Fortis(not sure who owns this). The only tall non Kenyan building is Avic which is currently under construction
The place where most of the most exclusive Residential and Commercial properties in Kenya are being developed is in Upper Hill and there most of the businesses are African owned. Upper Hill is home to many Government Parastatals as well as many local companies.The land in Upper Hill is mostly owned by Kenya Rialways which is leasing it to those entities andthe area is rapidly becoming as developed as South Africa's Sandton.
Parklands is a dead end commercial wise.Which commercial buildings are found in Parklands??Property wise, it is not so great either.
Ngara is a crime ridden estate!!What buildinds have been built there since Kengen in the 2000s
There are restrictions on Commerical buildings in Spring Valley and one cannot own less than 2 acres there, plus no apartments, so little property development there except for the uber rich, who are mostly Africans with political connections
South C is a middle class estate. Last I checked, the largest demographic in South C are the people of Coast Province(mainly Swahilis), Indians and then Somalis.And Somalis live in the pathetic part, So No. Actually, the best parts of South C are the ones inhabited by Black Kenyans as they were developed recently. Indians live in the Old South C(South C was built to accomodate Indians in the colonial era) which is not very modern.
There are no Somalis or Arabs in the top 50 or even the top 100 richest Kenyans. That list includes all the people who are politically connected.Including the Indians. Neither the Somalis nor the Arabs are politically connected.
Most Indians and Kikuyus ammased their wealth between 1963 and 1978. A symbiotic relationship existed between Indians and Kikuyus.Since the latter were the politically powerful, they got a slice of Indian businesses and with time, due to sheer numbers, became the largest business class in Kenya.Kikuyus have always had a business flair and they manage companies very well.That is why even Indian owned companies have them as the CEOs and MDs and you will fined the reverse in Kikuyu owned businesses as well.
There is a similar peculiar relationship with the Europeans but on a smaller scale.
When Moi came to power , they used Indian businesses to launder money .That is why every political scandal from that era has an Indian frontman. The Kalenjins rewarded their Indian money launderers with businesses.Like Moi handing Nushad Merali the Firestone East Africa plant.Today Nushad Merali is in the top 10 but he is merely a stooge to hide the Moi family's true wealth value.Same to Vimal Shah, the richest man in Kenya(whose true value is actually lower than Kenyatta era politicians like Njenga Karume and Kanyotu somehow).His company's name is the name of two politicians, one recently dead.Guess who and who!!
So those Indians you think 'control Kenya's economy' are merely stooges to Kenya's Black political class.
In case you did not notice, Harun Mwau, Kitui Senator withdrew from Nakumatt, you know, Kenya's largest Supermarket chain which you all thought was fully Indian owned and the supermarket chain is in chaos right now.
So who really is in controlIt is most certainly not the Indians(who are merely stooges for politicians) and it most certaintly not the Arabs(whose fortunes are concentrated in Mombasa alone) and not the Somalis(who are one of the poorest tribes in Kenya).It is those who have for a long time had political connections.Mostly Kikuyus and a few Kalenjin.
For trully legitimate businesses, most of them are owned by Kikuyus. Kikuyus are found in every corner in Kenya.(Indians were banned from having shops outside of the major cities in 1964,Kikuyus filled that gap.Indians moved to manufacturing). Even selling water in the parched Northern regions. They buy land, speculate and sell then use the money to build business empires across the country.
Heck even in my own home city,Mombasa, they are there, infuriating the local Arabs and Swahilis with their bars!!

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 7:17am On Aug 01, 2017

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 8:21am On Aug 01, 2017
On point GERALD710

Someone needs to study Kalenjin empowerment (with the exception of fringe Kales like the Pokot.) MOI just set them up for success. And they don't even farm (except for tea and milk production). Food here comes from surrounding areas and ethnicities. But they are way richer. There is just a higher concentration of money in Kalenjin land. No wonder he never bothered with the Cities and their infrastructure.

The ending leases are a big thing, I find it so exciting. There is a silent revolution unfolding before our eyes. Am suspecting the people in the current government and the super rich will access them first. Not to forget some smart individuals in the lands office. The rest may buy from them.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 10:02am On Aug 01, 2017
TayserMahiri:

lol, so he's a relative after all tongue lucky you! Wifi in October hehe, that actually sounds like a slogan grin grin grin Ethiopia is really interesting, I should visit some day.
Every problem in Ethiopia is becoming a slogan nowadays grin

This rare problems are also becoming tourist attractions. For example, you grin

I'm sure you will be very mesmerized by our slow internet speed and it's expensiveness.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by kikuyu1(m): 5:21pm On Aug 01, 2017
GERALD710:

A. The Leases in Westlands have been expiring and many Indians are selling their lands to.... African businessmen.In fact, the only Indian skyscrappers I can find in Westlands are around 3.Imperial Bank,Krishna Centre and one on Muthithi road.
I know because I actually live in Westlands. The tallest buildings in Westlands are Delta(owned by the University of Nairobi, thus a government building)Bandari Plaza(owned by the Kenya Ports Authority ,a Government parastatal) and Fortis(not sure who owns this). The only tall non Kenyan building is Avic which is currently under construction
The place where most of the most exclusive Residential and Commercial properties in Kenya are being developed is in Upper Hill and there most of the businesses are African owned. Upper Hill is home to many Government Parastatals as well as many local companies.The land in Upper Hill is mostly owned by Kenya Rialways which is leasing it to those entities andthe area is rapidly becoming as developed as South Africa's Sandton.
Parklands is a dead end commercial wise.Which commercial buildings are found in Parklands??Property wise, it is not so great either.
Ngara is a crime ridden estate!!What buildinds have been built there since Kengen in the 2000s
There are restrictions on Commerical buildings in Spring Valley and one cannot own less than 2 acres there, plus no apartments, so little property development there except for the uber rich, who are mostly Africans with political connections
South C is a middle class estate. Last I checked, the largest demographic in South C are the people of Coast Province(mainly Swahilis), Indians and then Somalis.And Somalis live in the pathetic part, So No. Actually, the best parts of South C are the ones inhabited by Black Kenyans as they were developed recently. Indians live in the Old South C(South C was built to accomodate Indians in the colonial era) which is not very modern.
There are no Somalis or Arabs in the top 50 or even the top 100 richest Kenyans. That list includes all the people who are politically connected.Including the Indians. Neither the Somalis nor the Arabs are politically connected.
Most Indians and Kikuyus ammased their wealth between 1963 and 1978. A symbiotic relationship existed between Indians and Kikuyus.Since the latter were the politically powerful, they got a slice of Indian businesses and with time, due to sheer numbers, became the largest business class in Kenya.Kikuyus have always had a business flair and they manage companies very well.That is why even Indian owned companies have them as the CEOs and MDs and you will fined the reverse in Kikuyu owned businesses as well.
There is a similar peculiar relationship with the Europeans but on a smaller scale.
When Moi came to power , they used Indian businesses to launder money .That is why every political scandal from that era has an Indian frontman. The Kalenjins rewarded their Indian money launderers with businesses.Like Moi handing Nushad Merali the Firestone East Africa plant.Today Nushad Merali is in the top 10 but he is merely a stooge to hide the Moi family's true wealth value.Same to Vimal Shah, the richest man in Kenya(whose true value is actually lower than Kenyatta era politicians like Njenga Karume and Kanyotu somehow).His company's name is the name of two politicians, one recently dead.Guess who and who!!
So those Indians you think 'control Kenya's economy' are merely stooges to Kenya's Black political class.
In case you did not notice, Harun Mwau, Kitui Senator withdrew from Nakumatt, you know, Kenya's largest Supermarket chain which you all thought was fully Indian owned and the supermarket chain is in chaos right now.
So who really is in controlIt is most certainly not the Indians(who are merely stooges for politicians) and it most certaintly not the Arabs(whose fortunes are concentrated in Mombasa alone) and not the Somalis(who are one of the poorest tribes in Kenya).It is those who have for a long time had political connections.Mostly Kikuyus and a few Kalenjin.
For trully legitimate businesses, most of them are owned by Kikuyus. Kikuyus are found in every corner in Kenya.(Indians were banned from having shops outside of the major cities in 1964,Kikuyus filled that gap.Indians moved to manufacturing). Even selling water in the parched Northern regions. They buy land, speculate and sell then use the money to build business empires across the country.
Heck even in my own home city,Mombasa, they are there, infuriating the local Arabs and Swahilis with their bars!!

100% pure knowledge we've all come to respect! Fyi,many have decided ALL those leases must come into Kenyan hands,by hook or by crook! But be careful with these rich lists;many aren't mentioned eg, Jimi Wanjigi,who I know from an insider is worth well over 1.5bn$. Another 60 smth yr old Kyuke,Kihingu is in the same range. He got money from hardwood and precious stones in the DRC in the 90s and expanded to RSA and 6 yrs back was wanted by Interpol for tax evasion. SARS even confiscated his planes but IDK how it ended.
Tuskys has now overtaken Nakumatt in terms of sales. They were joined at the hip once. Somalis,talk too much. I swear,listening to those skinny mofos,especially on the 'net,you'd think Eastleigh where they sell their shoddy,smuggled goods is a major entrepot employing at least 30% of our workforce!

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 5:36pm On Aug 01, 2017
mtis:

If I was American, I would vote Trump.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1331) (1332) (1333) (1334) (1335) (1336) (1337) ... (9933)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.