Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,789 members, 7,837,857 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 11:43 AM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (1337) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6247562 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1334) (1335) (1336) (1337) (1338) (1339) (1340) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 7:43pm On Aug 04, 2017
allcomage:

I have been to Kenya thrice and I can tell you I love Kenya.I have been to over a dozen countries in africa but Kenya hold the ace.I dont know but the aura and vibe are very suited for me as i love nature,colonial architecture and tourism .As I am held up in this dungeon, memories of our (wife & i)last vacation keep flooding back. We envy you guys.

are there no colonial architecture in Naija?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 7:46pm On Aug 04, 2017
Mshikaki Street Fest, Mombasa

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 7:50pm On Aug 04, 2017
Mombasa International Cultural Festival (MICF)

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 7:52pm On Aug 04, 2017
~

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 7:54pm On Aug 04, 2017
`

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 7:58pm On Aug 04, 2017
Mombasa County,

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by allcomage: 8:48pm On Aug 04, 2017
TayserMahiri:

are there no colonial architecture in Naija?

Only few vanishing sprinkles. Ikoyi has less than ten. They are being pulled down to build apartments because we don't appreciate it's aesthetics to the environment.Modern ones suck,they lack elaborate Windows ,doors ,porches for light and ventilation.

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:06pm On Aug 04, 2017
TayserMahiri:
`
TayserMahiri:
Outdoor Movies
TayserMahiri:
Mombasa International Cultural Festival (MICF)
Damn Tayser!! Kenya looks so shiny and colorful with rich culture..all these pics you have been posting are making me wanna put Kenya on my bucket list I swear.Do you ever attend these wonderful events yourself?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 1:22pm On Aug 05, 2017
allcomage:

Only few vanishing sprinkles. Ikoyi has less than ten. They are being pulled down to build apartments because we don't appreciate it's aesthetics to the environment.Modern ones suck,they lack elaborate Windows ,doors ,porches for light and ventilation.

Its different here, the colonial buildings have charter protection, so you cant pull them down. They are frozen in time

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 1:37pm On Aug 05, 2017
Alan Donovan arrived in Africa on July 4 1967 with the US State Deparment as a relief officer during the Nigerian-Biafra war. He resigned his post in 1969, bought a Volkswagen bus in Paris, and travelled through the Sahara Desert to Nigeria. During his African odyssey, he encountered the magnificent mud mosques of Mali and other examples of African pre-colonial mud architecture. He then drove across the Congo to Kenya, arriving in Nairobi in March 1970. It was then he met Joseph Murumbi, the former Vice President of Kenya, and Africa’s most notable private collector. Together, with Murumbi’s wife, Sheila, they opened African Heritage, the first Pan African gallery on the African continent, in 1972.

BIAFRA cheesy

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 1:39pm On Aug 05, 2017
Jayceon:
Damn Tayser!! Kenya looks so shiny and colorful with rich culture..all these pics you have been posting are making me wanna put Kenya on my bucket list I swear.Do you ever attend these wonderful events yourself?

Jayceon, welcome to Kenya cheesy Yes I do attend many of the events whenever I can. I love to party a lot mehn grin

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by truereligion999: 4:18pm On Aug 05, 2017
Most people are where they are today because they do not have the courage to do what their mates do to be wealthy. Knowledge is wealth, Be wise The Great Indian Temple Of Riches do not take life to grant wealth or any wish of mankind. Many you see today in big houses, cars, Politics, Big businesses are all made what they are today by TRUE RELIGION. Seek from us with your material sacrifice and you will be happy and wealthy forever. We can help you solve any thing that is bothering you in life...

The spells that we do involve healing, love, harmony, wealth, wisdom, prosperity, elevation in any positions and creativity. Instant Invocation Of Money. The potions that we stir might be a headache remedy, a cold tonic, money spell, friendship oil, love casts, or an herbal flea bath for our pets. We strive to gain knowledge and use the natural remedies to solve all earthly problems.

I conjure, invoke, summon, predict, and heal whatever sickness without mistakes or repetitions. I also render divine advise in Business or any area that is of your interest that is confusing you.

Contact us on: +2348025370154,WhatsApp us on same number or Email us on truereligion0999@gmail.com.....

TRUE RELIGION INNER TEMPLE is here to help everybody no matter how your situation may be, once you call on us we will stand for you and fight for you, we have helped a lot of people from all over the world. Places like Ghana. Nigeria.south Africa and lots more, any one who has problem and keep to his or her self should be ready to face death and poverty forever and anyone who has problem and call on us should be ready to enjoy life in abundance and be free forever we don't stain our selves with blood but we use natural materials and animals to perform our sacrifices and not with human blood. Before the cold water will boil it will go through heat and before the gold will glitter it will go through fire and also before you can bend iron it will go through heat.

No matter how the condition is to you just choose to be part of us and enjoy life eternaly. Come and be free for ever......
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 4:25pm On Aug 05, 2017
TayserMahiri:

Jayceon, welcome to Kenya cheesy Yes I do attend many of the events whenever I can. I love to party a lot mehn grin
All work and no play makes....smiley
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by allcomage: 8:32pm On Aug 05, 2017
TayserMahiri:

Its different here, the colonial buildings have charter protection, so you cant pull them down. They are frozen in time

That's how it should be, cheers!

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by OMANBALA1: 1:32am On Aug 06, 2017
realjoker:
Lol... Coming from an Ipob yoot.

That's the best you can come up with ??
Pathetic!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by MtuMsuper: 11:41am On Aug 06, 2017
Hbuyosh:

There is absolutely no conclusive evidence to support the almost paranoic fears of the GMOs.

Gmo foods are consumed in many parts of the world; in the west, in Asia, in the Americas. But there havent been reported cases of cancers or some physiological malfunction attributed to the foods.

With this perennial problem of droughts and food shortages, leading our govt to spend millions of $$$ on importing food to plug the deficit at home, the money that could have otherwise served better purposes in our country's developnent, it is high time that we alley our irrational fears and suspicions, based on misinformation, and accepted the GMOs.

The current varieties of food crops we have have failed us.

If can believe that GMOs are poison, we should as well believe that the polio vaccines are also poisons intended to decimate the African population. The GMO rumors are just as bogus.
GMOs are bad for your body, bad for the community, bad for farmers and bad for the environment. This is why:

The health consequences of eating genetically modified organisms are largely unknown. Genetically engineered foods have not been shown to be safe to eat and may have unpredictable consequences. When trans-fats were first introduced, corporations battled to get them onto your grocery shelves – and it is only decades later that this once novel food has been proven to be extremely unhealthful. Many scientists are worried that the genetically altered foods, once consumed, may pass on their mutant genes to bacterium in the digestive system, just like the canola plants on the roadsides of North Dakota. How these new strains of bacteria may affect our body systems’ balance is anybody’s guess.
Food items that contain GMOs are unlabeled in America. Why so sneaky? The European Union has banned GMOs, as have Australia, Japan, the UK and two dozen other countries that recognize that a lack of long term studies and testing may be hiding disastrous health defects.
Genetic engineering reduces genetic diversity. When genes are more diverse, they are more robust; this is why a pure bred dog tends to have greater health problems than the dear old mutt. Plants with reduced genetic diversity cannot handle drought, fungus invasions or insects nearly as well as natural plants, which could have dire consequences for farmers and communities dependent on GMO crops for survival.
Once the mutant genes are out of the bag, there is no going back. Genetically modified organisms contaminate existing seeds with their altered material, passing on modified traits to non-target species. This creates a new strain of plant that was never intended in the laboratory. In North Dakota, recent studies show that 80% of wild canola plants tested contained at least one transgene. In Japan, a modified bacteria created a new amino acid not found in nature; it was used in protein drinks and before it was recalled it cause severe mental and metabolic damage to hundreds as well as several deaths. Japan banned GMOs after this horrific experience. Monarch butterflies have also died after their favorite food, milkweed, was cross-pollinated from Bt corn which rendered it toxic to the endangered species.
GMOs are not the answer for global food security. Genetically engineered crops have shown no increase in yield and no decrease in pesticide use. In many cases other farm technology has proven much more successful, and even Monsanto agrees that its genetically engineered crops yield less than conventional farming.
Genetically engineered foods have not been proven to be safe, but the few studies conducted don’t look so hot. The organs of rats who ate genetically modified potatoes showed signs of chronic wasting, and female rates fed a diet of herbicide-resistant soybeans gave birth to stunted and sterile pups.
Big biotech firms have very sketchy track records, but then again what would you expect from organizations who want to patent the world’s food supply? These massive biotech companies have a history of toxic contamination, deceiving the public and suing small farmers when their patented seeds blew across the fence. Biotech firms sell sterile seeds to African farmers- meaning the seeds are only good for one season, because the plants that grow up will not be able to reproduce. Farmers must buy new seeds every year instead of growing from the previous year’s yield. GMOs are not the farmers’ friend.
GMOs require massive amounts of pesticides, herbicides and fungicides. These things are poisons, and should not be eaten or allowed to run off into our water supply. But they are, every day, by companies who care far more about the bottom line than they do about your health, your environment or your children’s future.
The bottom line is that genetically modified organisms have not been proven in any way to be safe, and most of the studies are actually leaning the other direction, which is why many of the world’s countries have banned these items whose DNA has been genetically engineered. In America, they aren’t even labeled, much less banned, so the majority of the populace has no idea that they are eating lab-created DNA on a daily basis.

Now you do; your best defense is to purchase certified organic food, which cannot contain any GMOs, and to tell your friends and loved ones to do the same.

http://www.organicauthority.com/foodie-buzz/eight-reasons-gmos-are-bad-for-you.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by EmeeNaka: 12:34pm On Aug 06, 2017
How did Kenya achieve all these?
Kenya is really far ahead of Nigeria.
Kenya must be following south Africa in aesthetics.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by allcomage: 1:49pm On Aug 06, 2017
EmeeNaka:
How did Kenya achieve all these?
Kenya is really far ahead of Nigeria.
Kenya must be following south Africa in aesthetics.

Fantastic moments coverage. A Chinese adage - a picture says a thousand things. Let your next trip be Kenya.Nairobi aerial view will prepare you for surprises but I will assure you will be more angrier as a Niger... by the time you round off your trip, i must admit I concur with the op.

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 5:49pm On Aug 06, 2017
Jayceon:
All work and no play makes....smiley

... makes Jayceon a dull dude cheesy

When are you visiting the 254 ? Are you a movie guy you will definitely have fun cool Is it culture? I dont think you can get enough here cheesy

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 5:51pm On Aug 06, 2017
allcomage:

Fantastic moments coverage. A Chinese adage - a picture says a thousand things. Let your next trip be Kenya.Nairobi aerial view will prepare you for surprises but I will assure you will be more angrier as a Niger... by the time you round off your trip, i must admit I concur with the op.

You definitely liked Kenya wink do you plan to visit again? So the OP was right after all cheesy It sounds honest coming from someone who has been here severally. cheesy
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 5:56pm On Aug 06, 2017
Some more Random Kenya,

Villages on the Aberdare Ranges, Nyandarua County.

A village soccer pitch in Kiambu County,

Some random peeps having fun in Kajiado County,

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 6:06pm On Aug 06, 2017
Lake Naivasha, Nakuru County

The rest is an event dubbed Naivasha Relay,

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 6:12pm On Aug 06, 2017
More Naivasha Relay, lots of tourists

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 7:07pm On Aug 06, 2017
More Naivasha Relay

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 7:10pm On Aug 06, 2017
~

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 7:31pm On Aug 06, 2017
Of course when the relay is over and sun sets its Tusker O'clock cheesy
And kenyans love to do it with style

Nobody Party Like Kenyans grin grin grin

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 8:52pm On Aug 06, 2017
@allcomage:

Kindly join us (kenyans) in relaying this info to Nigerians who have never left Nigeria, and who still think Nigeria is the Giant of Africa, that Kenya is FAR AHEAD of Nigeria in ALL ASPECTS. They should learn to listen to ppl like you who have actually traveled outside Nigeria (esp to Kenya!)

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:07pm On Aug 06, 2017
They say; Africa is shaped like a Gun. Nigeria lies at the trigger of the gun, while SA lies at the muzzle (the bullet exit point).

Now,,,

Kenya lies at the point at which you load bullets. So,,, Kenya loads the bullets for Africa! As Kenyans, we dont intend to load any bullets so long as Nigeria is at the trigger because that would be very irresponsible cheesy

Nigerians have to travel first and realize that they are at the trigger, but subject to Kenyan terms and wishes. Naija people have a lot to learn from Kenya, before they can make progress.

At this point, Nigerians are already fuming and ready to run mouth (as usual), so please, get back to the top of this msg and reread once more. Untill it sinks through!!!

grin cheesy

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:14pm On Aug 06, 2017
TayserMahiri:

... makes Jayceon a dull dude cheesy

When are you visiting the 254 ? Are you a movie guy you will definitely have fun cool Is it culture? I dont think you can get enough here cheesy
LOL

When am I visiting ?? Ermm first i'll have to check with my grandfather Jacob Zuma to see if he will approve grin .Yeah Tayser I'm a moviemaniac,I'm looking forward to the endless fun smiley
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:24pm On Aug 06, 2017
Jayceon:
LOL

When am I visiting ?? Ermm first i'll have to check with my grandfather Jacob Zuma to see if he will approve grin .Yeah Tayser I'm a moviemaniac,I'm looking forward to the endless fun smiley

lol your granny. When is he out of Office

He might deny you the visa. cheesy

Sounds like you do the outdoor movies in SA or is there any?

Welcome bruhh smiley grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:36pm On Aug 06, 2017
TayserMahiri:

lol your granny. When is he out of Office

He might deny you the visa. cheesy

Sounds like you do the outdoor movies in SA or is there any?

Welcome bruhh smiley grin
I really have no idea..2019 maybe??

Outdoor movies? Never really heard of anything like that in SA tbh.

Thanks
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:44pm On Aug 06, 2017
TayserMahiri:
They say; Africa is shaped like a Gun. Nigeria lies at the trigger of the gun, while SA lies at the muzzle (the bullet exit point).

Now,,,

Kenya lies at the point at which you load bullets. So,,, Kenya loads the bullets for Africa! As Kenyans, we dont intend to load any bullets so long as Nigeria is at the trigger because that would be very irresponsible cheesy

Nigerians have to travel first and realize that they are at the trigger, but subject to Kenyan terms and wishes. Naija people have a lot to learn from Kenya, before they can make progress.

At this point, Nigerians are already fuming and ready to run mouth (as usual), so please, get back to the top of this msg and reread once more. Untill it sinks through!!!

grin cheesy
LMAO grin grin grin ,this analogy is so on point,realistic and funny at the same time

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (1334) (1335) (1336) (1337) (1338) (1339) (1340) ... (9933)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.