Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,771 members, 7,866,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 09:57 AM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (1675) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6296108 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1672) (1673) (1674) (1675) (1676) (1677) (1678) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 6:55pm On Mar 22, 2018
Daejoyoung:

90% of the GDP does not thrive from the oil sector, what you mean to say is that 90% of Governments' money and foreign exchange comes from the oil sector, so oil primarily affects the budget of Nigeria or becomes a beam balance for the economy as a whole. But this is a small matter and it's totally different from saying 90% of the GDP is from oil. Nigeria is even more diversified than Algeria and Angola ( when it comes to dependence on oil ) but unlike most countries,it is a largely informal economy. Services and Agriculture contribute about 25% each while oil contributes about 15% to GDP.

Okay but the oil thing was the main Nigerian economic propeller in the past occasion,right?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Daejoyoung: 7:03pm On Mar 22, 2018
254tobby:

Okay but the oil thing was the main Nigerian economic propeller in the past occasion,right?
Yes because it's major foreign exchange, it determines the naira directly than other sectors and the naira to dollar also plays a major role in the gdp. Also because it's major income earner(90%) it affects Government revenue directly.
You can say it is the most developed sector of the Nigerian economy.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 7:04pm On Mar 22, 2018
uzzolik:

why quoting morroco. quote kenya. your GDP is $75b and your economy is bigger than nigeria grin you are busy comparing yourself with Nigeria. dont even expose yourself. so what you want to use to compare your economy with nigeria is those beaches and lodges you are showing? well its a matter of choice. we are not in anywhere competing with morocco. they know their limit and we know our limit. i have been hearing about morroco when i was so little, when nigeria was nothing they were reigning, then we suddenly became giant. alot more will still happen in future.
maybe you should compete with sechelleys. those are tourism destinations.
those beaches and lodges cannot make you a giant, neither does it make anybody a giant. it takes a lot more to become a giant.

Apart from big population and a huge GDP which is mostly operating under multiplier econom,what do you think you guys pridely have that Kenya doesn't have which makes you peeps brag about it to others?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 7:11pm On Mar 22, 2018
uzzolik:

what do you expect to see from nigeria. beaches and lodges. sorry. you wont see those. yes nigeria is a giant whether sleeping or awake. but you cannot reach that level anytime in your entire existence.
is it not this kenya i have visited. or is there any other kenya. don't try to deceive anybody with those beaches and lodges. atleast i have said where you are doing very well. but in terms of rubbing shoulders. forget it Nigeria is not your mate.

Which aspects are those that you're saying Kenya isn't your mate,list them so that we can prove you wrong if not correct,don't articulate your egoism unnecessarily in which you guys are known for.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Ttipsy(f): 7:16pm On Mar 22, 2018
254tobby:

Apart from big population and a huge GDP which is mostly operating under multiplier econom,what do you think you guys pridely have that Kenya doesn't have which makes you peeps brag about it to others?

if you like be equivocal or go mad.

Kenya can't achieve what Nigeria has achieved. Nigeria is thousands ahead of Kenya in all aspects. thanks. Which Kenya Nairobi blip

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jay254(m): 7:46pm On Mar 22, 2018
Ttipsy:

Kenya can't achieve what Nigeria has achieved. Nigeria is thousands ahead of Kenya in all aspects. thanks. Which Kenya Nairobi blip

Sorry please, Nigeria is ahead in what again

Hahahah stupid.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by gallivant: 7:58pm On Mar 22, 2018
Yeah, real stupid. Stupid giants.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 8:02pm On Mar 22, 2018
Ttipsy:

Stop being an ignorant fool,I've asked you a simple question and you're telling me stories you dumb ass embarassed
If you can't defend your facts,then go and milk your stupidity somewhere else
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 8:10pm On Mar 22, 2018
Daejoyoung:

Yes because it's major foreign exchange, it determines the naira directly than other sectors and the naira to dollar also plays a major role in the gdp. Also because it's major income earner(90%) it affects Government revenue directly.
You can say it is the most developed sector of the Nigerian economy.

Okay good,when was oil discovered in Nigeria?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Daejoyoung: 8:17pm On Mar 22, 2018
254tobby:

Okay good,when was oil discovered in Nigeria?
1956 ( from the top of my head). But you should ask Google nah.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 8:58pm On Mar 22, 2018
Best Places To Live In Africa Kenya win
Best cities to live in Africa Kenya win
Best Countries For Business in Africa Kenya win
Africans have access to a reliable power supply Kenya win

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by nwoke37: 9:16pm On Mar 22, 2018
254tobby:

Look at this pot calling the kettle black.

Do you know the meaning of GDP?
Were you taught economics in the relevant learning institutions or is it that your tutor misled you by default?
Don't raise some compromises here.

GDP is the total income production of all goods and services produced by citizens in a particular country irrespective of their nationalities.

So how does your services outside your country constitutes part of the Gross Domestic Product?
Those services which you guys remit to other countries forms part of the Gross National Product GNP,not GDP neither.
And as for the case of south Africa,its the only country that's truly and verifiably known to be the real giant of the continent,even the world knows that,you can dispute it with your own bitterness and salivate jealousy and also pluck some egoism to give yourselves many titles as possible,no one will be damn bothered.
Don't be a learned fool with your statement of model thinking of 'i know everything'.

South Africa is on the decline. It’s lost the shine it once had.. It was never referred to as a giant but rather an outlier, an example of an advanced economy on the African continent. Nigeria’s the sleeping giant just like China was decades ago. I can’t wait for it to wake up.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:55pm On Mar 22, 2018
nwoke37:

Nigerian companies don't want it. They don't want cheaper goods coming into the country to compete with them. I lean to the side of supporting them. Other African countries have better electricity and better infrastructure which makes for far far cheaper goods than those made in Nigeria.

Let's not mention the fact that manufacturing only contributes 9% to our gdp. That's pretty low. Nigeria has to protect its infant industries and allow them to grow before opening up and allowing competition. We don't want a situation wherein our infant industries are killed off by cheap imports like what happened to our textile industries wherein cheap imports from China ruined them.

Nigeria has to follow a protectionist policy for now and close itself up for a while. What we're doing isn't abnormal. Developed countries of today did the same when they were developing such as America.

In the next 10 to 20 years Nigeria should be able to open up and sign such agreement as long as our infrastructure is improved and our industrial base becomes larger and stronger.

Many greedy African nations want Nigeria to open up and sign this agreement because of its huge market, the largest in Africa. For now Nigeria's large population is large enough to sustain and grow our industries and doesn't in reality need this agreement.

On a side note Nigeria might succumb to pressure from other African nations to sign the agreement(i hope they don't, at least for now).

if you look at America now, they're doing the same thing. They're gradually promoting a protectionist policy headed by President Trump. They're increasing tariffs on steel and iron because the American steel industry has been ruined by cheap imports from largely Canada.

What are the chances that your leadership will get things right in 10-20 yrs and make Nigerian industries favorably compete? It doesnt look like it even in 100 yrs. Things involving governance in your country carefully follow the law of entropy. They only get worse.

But you are right, Kenya cant wait to gain unfettered access to that giant market. You need to open up and test the waters, might even turn out to be good. Just a point of note, your argument borrows straight from the Tanzanian school of thought. They have been opposed to total integration of the EAC because they want to join it at a time when their economy is at par with Kenya's. So we have been on this wild goose chase for decades. If you think there is a time when you will be ready, forget it ! It will be much worse if (even if by sheer luck) the AfCFTA works because it has the potential to make economies in the member states catapult themselves due to the market, esp their industries. In 20 yrs the industries in most African countries might've become too strong for you. Imagine what a country like SA, Egypt or Kenya would do with a 1.2 billion market. This is something that any sane person should support. Your leaders are so short sited that some are worried about lost tariffs instead of seeing the bigger picture.

Btw, the speech made by Obasanjo has to be the best. He had no chills for Bubu and Co. Brainy old man !
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:59pm On Mar 22, 2018
MduZA:

SA signed...

No way SA would fail to sign it. They'd have to be blind. They have nothing to fear because of their fearsome industrial strength.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 10:00pm On Mar 22, 2018
Jay254:
Eld

Awesome Kenya grin

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 10:04pm On Mar 22, 2018
nwoke37:

Death isn't going to happen. Nigeria has a large enough market to sustain and grow its industries. I'm pretty sure Kenya would love to dump their goods in Nigeria. I can see the temptation in your eyes... lol grin

You have a 180 million market and you are given the offer of 1.2 billion and still you choose the 180 million? Dont let Trump deceive you. Africans need to come together atleast for once and see what they can do.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 10:07pm On Mar 22, 2018
jln115:

Very sad!!! Time Africa really evaluate her conservation efforts imo!!

Yea but I was thinking instead of euthanising we should have called a Saffer to shoot it for 1 million dollars grin

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Daejoyoung: 10:10pm On Mar 22, 2018
TayserMahiri:

No way SA would fail to sign it. They'd have to be blind. They have nothing to fear because of their fearsome industrial strength.
lt's not like Nigeria has the most to fear though nor that she can't compete, but looking at the Nigerian population, there's a call to review the agreement carefully and to weigh it on the balance,see what we produce already that satisfies the Nigerian market and to what extent we would be willing to allow the foreign influx(even from African countries).
Nigeria is not totally against the bill, and would definitely sign, but with our population there must be careful planning.
This is not about becoming the most developed first as in the case of your comparison of Tanzania to Kenya, but about having more sustainable home industries that can stand the foreign influx and still satisfy a huge chunk of the Nigerian market. Nigeria may even sign the bill this second, maybe we should start with a single currency first and Nigeria would be the first to sign this bill, but if we can't meet the demands of our huge market and we allow this(without careful planning) it may affect us terribly.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 10:10pm On Mar 22, 2018
naijalander:
Our Labor Unions stopped the move because it will turn Nigeria to a dumping ground. Mind you, the idea was Nigeria's idea. Even South Africa was missing.

Are you the guys who come up with an idea, fail to implement it, and when others own it and succeed you start saying it was your idea

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 10:18pm On Mar 22, 2018
uzzolik:

what do you expect to see from nigeria. beaches and lodges. sorry. you wont see those. yes nigeria is a giant whether sleeping or awake. but you cannot reach that level anytime in your entire existence.
is it not this kenya i have visited. or is there any other kenya. don't try to deceive anybody with those beaches and lodges. atleast i have said where you are doing very well. but in terms of rubbing shoulders. forget it Nigeria is not your mate.

Instead of empty boasting, why not begin by telling us (VERY HONESTLY) what brought you to Kenya. Its 99 % likely you came for a service, fair, conference, sponsorship, event, etc that is unavailable in your country but only in Kenya. You guys think we dont know the kind of things that bring you here. After you answer that, we can go back rubbing shoulders
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 10:20pm On Mar 22, 2018
uzzolik:

then we suddenly became giant.

After rebasing?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 10:24pm On Mar 22, 2018
uzzolik:

none of your hotels can be rated 5 star. so why would they give me sleepless night. except there are ones you have not shown. who are my brothers?.so it the judgement of the so called brothers that is making your hair grow tall? i would rather believe that kenya is ahead of nigeria if that would make you happy and then which is more deceptive. reason it yourselve naaa. A GDP of $510B and $75B, would i not be blind if i believe 75B is bigger than 510B? so it is you that is blind.

Dont be an idiot. Just because you stayed in a 3 star hotel does not mean there are no 5 star hotels. Say you couldnt afford a five star hotel in Kenya. See one here 150 kms away from Nairobi

https://www.nairaland.com/3327789/kenya-ahead-nigeria-all-aspect/1504#61379925

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 10:26pm On Mar 22, 2018
Jay254:

We have several 5* hotels in the country, our hotels have won continental and international awards for their quality.. How dar a nigerian talk about 5* when you only see them on tv...

Uzzo can be so dumb
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 10:28pm On Mar 22, 2018
gallivant:

Lol

The Somali will claim Allah gave them dominion over the land and water. To be on the safe side we MUST leave them in Africa when we secede. No island will be safe with Somalis running a mock as its in their nature. angry

How do we leave them behind, unless we give them Western Kenya and we take Somalia.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 10:29pm On Mar 22, 2018
mildflame:

Ur piont of view isn't any of my bizness! In 9ja the vocalbulary jealousy, we don't know.
We got no time convincing wannabes, we are CLASS CRASS inside out
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 10:32pm On Mar 22, 2018
uzzolik:

At times you make some sense, at the same very moment you start making useless statements. what percentage of nigeria GDP is contributed by oil sector? most the GDP is derived by Service sector including our services outside the country. if you know nothing about GDP just shut up ok

One thing we are now ABSOLUTELY certain is that your visit to Kenya had little to do with intellectual factors. Maybe arts or a religious crusade etc.

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by mildflame: 10:39pm On Mar 22, 2018
254tobby:

And who gives it a damn care ?don't misquote issues that are uncalled for,be precised and know what you're sharing with others,don't fabricate statements and furthermore no one is interested to know your shithole country,the likes of vocabulary ..

What r u doing in a shithole forum? HOPELESS NONENTITY u n ur people follow Nollywood like bunch of evil spirits, breath in and out our MUSIC CULTURE n LIFESTYLE, look out for handouts from our BUSINESSMEN n ENTERPRISES even the lions in that WASTELAND u call a country can sing our national anthem
Yet u DESPICABLE ENVIOUS Wannabe is on nairaland puffing up his REFUGEE ASS you r nothing from a nothing land n we don't give a 4k about wannabes
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 10:39pm On Mar 22, 2018
Daejoyoung:

lt's not like Nigeria has the most to fear though nor that she can't compete, but looking at the Nigerian population, there's a call to review the agreement carefully and to weigh it on the balance,see what we produce already that satisfies the Nigerian market and to what extent we would be willing to allow the foreign influx(even from African countries).
Nigeria is not totally against the bill, and would definitely sign, but with our population there must be careful planning.
This is not about becoming the most developed first as in the case of your comparison of Tanzania to Kenya, but about having more sustainable home industries that can stand the foreign influx and still satisfy a huge chunk of the Nigerian market. Nigeria may even sign the bill this second, maybe we should start with a single currency first and Nigeria would be the first to sign this bill, but if we can't meet the demands of our huge market and we allow this(without careful planning) it may affect us terribly.

Good point. Are you telling us your industries are more vulnerable than industries in smaller African countries? Like Rwanda?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by mildflame: 10:44pm On Mar 22, 2018
[quote author=TayserMahiri post=66074209][/quote]

Even Nairaland is BBC and CNN combined to kenyans, how pathetic
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Daejoyoung: 10:45pm On Mar 22, 2018
TayserMahiri:

Good point. Are you telling us your industries are more vulnerable than industries in smaller African countries? Like Rwanda?
My point is no matter how vulnerable, it can easily meet the demands of their market(A major part at least). For us, this is not easily the case. We need foreign competition, but we want strong indigenous companies too.
l'll prefer Africa gets a single currency for transaction first like ghadaffi suggested, with that we have nothing to fear.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 10:46pm On Mar 22, 2018
Kickoff of the European Challenge Tour at the Muthaiga Golf Club in Kenya

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by mildflame: 10:49pm On Mar 22, 2018
[quote author=TayserMahiri post=66074209][/quote]
Even Nairaland is BBC n CNN combined in Kenya, how pathetic

(1) (2) (3) ... (1672) (1673) (1674) (1675) (1676) (1677) (1678) ... (9933)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.