Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,085 members, 7,867,132 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 11:06 AM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (1676) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6297958 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1673) (1674) (1675) (1676) (1677) (1678) (1679) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 10:52pm On Mar 22, 2018
This Mercedes Benz GLC 250 Coupe worth approx Ksh 11 Million (I dont know how many billions in Naira) will be given to the winner of the Hole-In-One (13th Hole) open at the Muthaiga Golf Club.

What that means, dullards, is that after hitting the ball from a tee, it must go straight into the open hole first time grin

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 10:55pm On Mar 22, 2018
Some More European Challenge Tour, Kenya

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 10:57pm On Mar 22, 2018

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 11:00pm On Mar 22, 2018
Daejoyoung:

My point is no matter how vulnerable, it can easily meet the demands of their market(A major part at least). For us, this is not easily the case. We need foreign competition, but we want strong indigenous companies too.
l'll prefer Africa gets a single currency for transaction first like ghadaffi suggested, with that we have nothing to fear.

Most Africans dont think we can wait any longer. we will fix those as we go.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 11:02pm On Mar 22, 2018
mildflame:

Even Nairaland is BBC n CNN combined in Kenya, how pathetic

Dont quote me again

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 11:07pm On Mar 22, 2018
Kenya

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by mildflame: 11:07pm On Mar 22, 2018
TayserMahiri:

Dont quote me again

GOD PUNISH u where ever u r, wish I can lay my hands on u n give u d beating ur life.
HOW DARE u quote me u wreteched SON OF A BITCH
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 12:49am On Mar 23, 2018
Ttipsy:
if you like be equivocal or go mad.

Kenya can't achieve what Nigeria has achieved. Nigeria is thousands ahead of Kenya in all aspects. thanks. Which Kenya Nairobi blip
Your country cannot get the basics right(Education,Electricity,piped water, sewer systems, planting trees) and you are here saying what
I used to think Kenyan healthcare was crappy, especially recently with botched surgeries at KNH and all, only to find out that in Nigeria, they are the norm!!
Then I saw Nigerian public hospitals shocked shocked shocked
Then I learnt that the Nigerian national health insurance provider was started in the 2000s when NHIF in Kenya started in 1966 undecided undecided undecided

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 12:50am On Mar 23, 2018
mildflame:

GOD PUNISH u where ever u r, wish I can lay my hands on u n give u d beating ur life.
HOW DARE u quote me u wreteched SON OF A BITCH

I was going to let you be but hell nah ! How dare you quote me twice then curse me for quoting you once to tell you not to quote me twice?

Just in case you dont who I am, this theme song reverberates within a radius of 500 m of where ever I am.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASj81daun5Q
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 1:32am On Mar 23, 2018
Daejoyoung:

90% of the GDP does not thrive from the oil sector, what you mean to say is that 90% of Governments' money and foreign exchange comes from the oil sector, so oil primarily affects the budget of Nigeria or becomes a beam balance for the economy as a whole. But this is a small matter and it's totally different from saying 90% of the GDP is from oil. Nigeria is even more diversified than Algeria and Angola ( when it comes to dependence on oil ) but unlike most countries,it is a largely informal economy. Services and Agriculture contribute about 25% each while oil contributes about 15% to GDP.
In essence Nigeria is oil dependent.
Kenya has since 2005 derived 90% of its income from TAXES.Taxes that come from every secotro in the country,be it Agriculture, services, manufacturing,tourism and mining.
Same to South Africa, TAXES bring more income than mining.
In essence Nigeria is oil dependent.That is why when oil prices crashed Nigeria went into a recession.We on the other hand continued to grow. iIn 2017 Nigeria grew 0.83% while Kenya grew 4.9%, which we saw as underperforming

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by nwoke37: 4:27am On Mar 23, 2018
TayserMahiri:

You have a 180 million market and you are given the offer of 1.2 billion and still you choose the 180 million? Dont let Trump deceive you. Africans need to come together at least for once and see what they can do.

You understand Nigeria's population is about 1/6 of Africa's population? And one thing you guys are missing out. What if some Asian country, let's say China comes and signs a FTA with let's say South Africa, China would just import goods to SA, then export from SA to the whole of Africa duty free. That would kill Africa and would only benefit SA and China. The AU is moving too quickly with this agreement. They should wait.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by nwoke37: 4:41am On Mar 23, 2018
TayserMahiri:

What are the chances that your leadership will get things right in 10-20 yrs and make Nigerian industries favorably compete? It doesnt look like it even in 100 yrs. Things involving governance in your country carefully follow the law of entropy. They only get worse.

But you are right, Kenya cant wait to gain unfettered access to that giant market. You need to open up and test the waters, might even turn out to be good. Just a point of note, your argument borrows straight from the Tanzanian school of thought. They have been opposed to total integration of the EAC because they want to join it at a time when their economy is at par with Kenya's. So we have been on this wild goose chase for decades. If you think there is a time when you will be ready, forget it ! It will be much worse if (even if by sheer luck) the AfCFTA works because it has the potential to make economies in the member states catapult themselves due to the market, esp their industries. In 20 yrs the industries in most African countries might've become too strong for you. Imagine what a country like SA, Egypt or Kenya would do with a 1.2 billion market. This is something that any sane person should support. Your leaders are so short sited that some are worried about lost tariffs instead of seeing the bigger picture.

Btw, the speech made by Obasanjo has to be the best. He had no chills for Bubu and Co. Brainy old man !

As democracies become more stable and mature they increase in good governance and less corruption. Just look where America was. European officials came to visit America and called it a barbaric society, a society where there were very two extremes of poverty and wealth. America aslo had some heavy corruption back then, on the level Nigeria faces.

If things don't get better in the next 40 years, Nigeria will break apart, we're already seeing signs. Different countries will form from that entity we call Nigeria if care isn't taken. Nigerians want progress and that seems to be lacking in the Nigeria of today.

Well economists have placed Nigeria as to where China was 30, 40 years back. They predict Nigeria will be awake to its potential as the Giant of Africa(and potential superpower) in the next 30,40 years just like China has done.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by mildflame: 5:35am On Mar 23, 2018
TayserMahiri:

I was going to let you be but hell nah ! How dare you quote me twice then curse me for quoting you once to tell you not to quote me twice?

Just in case you dont who I am, this theme song reverberates within a radius of 500 m of where ever I am.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASj81daun5Q

See PUNK ASS TOY SOLDIER talking

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by mildflame: 5:58am On Mar 23, 2018
9JA una get time de jaw-jaw with dis people wey no get level for anything, dem de wait for Europeans 2come play golf, wait 4our business men, tourist n students to survive
Well I know blame d stupid wannbes dem one feel VIP dats why de monitor anything 9ja like MONITORING SPIRIT na dat useless TonyeBarcanista wey suppose 2de sell fish inside anycreek nia him I blame, when him de chop under that Ogogoro fool GEJ Naija bin de good but as PMB come sack d foolish drunk nia dis idoit come de write dis NONSENSE. Shame nu catch dem say na PMB come give dem water n construct road for dem while 4him own time GEJ bin de steal n drink like say 2morow nu dey
GOD punish all of em

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jay254(m): 6:11am On Mar 23, 2018
TayserMahiri:
Kenya

Beautiful

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jay254(m): 6:16am On Mar 23, 2018
nwoke37:

You understand Nigeria's population is about 1/6 of Africa's population? And one thing you guys are missing out. What if some Asian country, let's say China comes and signs a FTA with let's say South Africa, China would just import goods to SA, then export from SA to the whole of Africa duty free. That would kill Africa and would only benefit SA and China. The AU is moving too quickly with this agreement. They should wait.

You are just throwing words and Ideas left right and Centre with lack of information what AFCFTA is. Please read what it is about before sounding more stupid.

Goods to be traded has to have originality from African countries and not assembled... Each is allows to protect 10% of it's infant industries...
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jay254(m): 6:29am On Mar 23, 2018
See what this pro had to write about Nairobi within the first 30mins

https://www.nairaland.com/4413722/first-thirty-minutes#66078080

I pitty nigerians and their politicians.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Daejoyoung: 6:49am On Mar 23, 2018
GERALD710:

In essence Nigeria is oil dependent.
Kenya has since 2005 derived 90% of its income from TAXES.Taxes that come from every secotro in the country,be it Agriculture, services, manufacturing,tourism and mining.
Same to South Africa, TAXES bring more income than mining.
In essence Nigeria is oil dependent.That is why when oil prices crashed Nigeria went into a recession.We on the other hand continued to grow. iIn 2017 Nigeria grew 0.83% while Kenya grew 4.9%, which we saw as underperforming
Nigeria is oil dependent with low taxes, one of the lowest tax to GDP ratio in Africa, and still many sectors have their taxes unaccounted for, this is of course is very bad.
As for Kenya growing 4.3% this is not very good, because your economy is not that large, Kenya should be growing at a rate of at least 7% anually. Between 2009-2013 we were growing with 6% anually.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jay254(m): 6:50am On Mar 23, 2018
TayserMahiri:

Uzzo can be so dumb

Kenya being ahead of them despite their fake GDP is driving him nuts.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by KingGBsky(m): 6:51am On Mar 23, 2018
Is there a way they can change this topic to the progress of the African Nations.
Please we don't need this fight or debate on which country is better we need an attitude of how to better our respective African nations.
Thank you.

Cc:bacanista

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Daejoyoung: 6:58am On Mar 23, 2018
KingGBsky:
Is there a way they can change this topic to the progress of the African Nations.
Please we don't need this fight or debate on which country is better we need an attitude of how to better our respective African nations.
Thank you.

Cc:bacanista
Well the OP has refused to change the topic(probably because he is from the PDP party). What a degrading topic, an insult to Nigeria on a Nigerian forum.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jay254(m): 7:02am On Mar 23, 2018
Daejoyoung:

Well the OP has refused to change the topic(probably because he is from the PDP party). What a degrading topic, an insult to Nigeria on a Nigerian forum.

We normally say the trueth hurts.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by KingGBsky(m): 7:16am On Mar 23, 2018
Daejoyoung:

He is a complete fool.
Even a very small country don't go about degrading thier country just to prove a point.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 8:55am On Mar 23, 2018
TayserMahiri:

Yea but I was thinking instead of euthanising we should have called a Saffer to shoot it for 1 million dollars grin

You're mistaking Saffas as Yanks and Europeens

we don't have money to shoot Rhino, neither would we to be honest since for the most part we eat what we kill........................That's why we get the yanks and Europeans to do it here!!
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:02am On Mar 23, 2018
Daejoyoung:

Nigeria is oil dependent with low taxes, one of the lowest tax to GDP ratio in Africa, and still many sectors have their taxes unaccounted for, this is of course is very bad.
As for Kenya growing 4.3% this is not very good, because your economy is not that large, Kenya should be growing at a rate of at least 7% anually. Between 2009-2013 we were growing with 6% anually.
That Nigerian growth was driven by high oil prices.Kenyan, Ethiopian ad Rwandan growth is not driven by one commodity, unlike Nigeria and Angola(which also had similar high growth rates to Nigeria during the same period). Our highest growth in the past decade(7% before rebasing, 9% after) was in 2007 and it was driven by finance, tourism and manufacturing.Not a single commodity

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:07am On Mar 23, 2018
Jay254:
Nairobi kenya
I love how the Nairobi Hospital has grown
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Daejoyoung: 9:12am On Mar 23, 2018
GERALD710:

That Nigerian growth was driven by high oil prices.Kenyan, Ethiopian ad Rwandan growth is not driven by one commodity, unlike Nigeria and Angola(which also had similar high growth rates to Nigeria during the same period). Our highest growth in the past decade(7% before rebasing, 9% after) was in 2007 and it was driven by finance, tourism and manufacturing.Not a single commodity

Nigeria ranks sixth worldwide and first in Africa in farm output. The sector accounts for about 18% of GDP and almost one-third of employment. Nigeria has 19 million head of cattle, the largest in Africa.[29] Though Nigeria is no longer a major exporter, due to local consumer boom, it is still a major producer of many agricultural products, including: cocoa, groundnuts (peanuts), rubber, and palm oil. Cocoa production, mostly from obsolete varieties and overage trees has increased from around 180,000 tons annually to 350,000 tons.

Major agricultural products include cassava (tapioca), corn, cocoa, millet, palm oil, peanuts, rice, rubber, sorghum, and yams. In 2003, livestock production, in order of metric tonnage, featured eggs, milk, beef and veal, poultry, and pork, respectively. In the same year, the total fishing catch was 505.8 metric tons. Roundwood removals totaled slightly less than 70 million cubic meters, and sawnwood production was estimated at 2 million cubic meters. The agricultural sector suffers from extremely low productivity, reflecting reliance on antiquated methods. Agriculture has failed to keep pace with Nigeria's rapid population growth, so that the country, which once exported food, now imports a significant amount of food to sustain itself. However, efforts are being made towards making the country food sufficient again.

Overseas remittances Edit
A major source of foreign exchange earnings for Nigeria are remittances sent home by Nigerians living abroad.[32] In 2014, 17.5 million Nigerians lived in foreign countries, with the UK and the USA having more than 2 million Nigerians each.[32]

According to the International Organization for Migration, Nigeria witnessed a dramatic increase in remittances sent home from overseas Nigerians, going from USD 2.3 billion in 2004 to 17.9 billion in 2007, representing 6.7% of GDP. The United States accounts for the largest portion of official remittances, followed by the United Kingdom, Italy, Canada, Spain and France. On the African continent, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Chad, Libya and South Africa are important source countries of remittance flows to Nigeria, while China is the biggest remittance-sending country.

https://www.google.de/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy_of_Nigeria&ved=2ahUKEwj3ivTEg4LaAhUQZVAKHZhlDCwQFjACegQICRAB&usg=AOvVaw2sNHQrIQimKbyJasMlRB9I
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Daejoyoung: 9:17am On Mar 23, 2018
l know Wikipedia is not always the best source, but this is the most concise data l can gather at this moment, the information is corroborated by other statistics.

My point is that from 2001, oil alone did not drive the growth, maybe in the military era of the eighties and nineties but not in this century.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Daejoyoung: 9:33am On Mar 23, 2018
GERALD710:

Nigeria ranks 27th worldwide and first in Africa in services' output.

Since undergoing severe distress in the mid-1990s, Nigeria's banking sector has witnessed significant growth over the last few years[when?] as new banks enter the financial market.

Private sector-led economic growth remains stymied by the high cost of doing business in Nigeria, including the need to duplicate essential infrastructure, the lack of effective due process, and nontransparent economic decision making, especially in government contracting. While corrupt practices are endemic, they are generally less flagrant than during military rule, and there are signs of improvement. Meanwhile, since 1999 the Nigerian Stock Exchange has enjoyed strong performance, although equity as a means to foster corporate growth is being more utilized by Nigeria's private sector.

https://www.google.de/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy_of_Nigeria&ved=2ahUKEwj3ivTEg4LaAhUQZVAKHZhlDCwQFjACegQICRAB&usg=AOvVaw2sNHQrIQimKbyJasMlRB9I
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jay254(m): 9:40am On Mar 23, 2018
GERALD710:

I love how the Nairobi Hospital has grown

True, it has really transformed.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 10:19am On Mar 23, 2018
GERALD710:

Ethiopia growth is primarily driven on one commodity, Coffee.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Daejoyoung: 10:20am On Mar 23, 2018
Hati13:

Ethiopia growth is primarily driven on one commodity, Coffee.
Don't mind him, this is the case with many countries except highly industrialised giants like China and Japan.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1673) (1674) (1675) (1676) (1677) (1678) (1679) ... (9933)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.