Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,976 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:02 AM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (1685) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6195753 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1682) (1683) (1684) (1685) (1686) (1687) (1688) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by donniemc: 8:30pm On Apr 06, 2018
addictiv:

Bro pls I have questions about having apps on playstore, if it's possible I will like to get in touch with you. how do I get in touch with you?

We can talk on nairaland... Sorry for the delay
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 6:33pm On Apr 07, 2018
TayserMahiri:

Pretty sure they have the template now hence why they are so confident to set up shop. Never been a fan of Mahindra btw, the name itself. I prefer names that feel like brands, like Volvo. How cheap/expensive are their cars?
Cheaper than the Japs and Germans but more expensive than the Chinese........Great value for money and unlike those Chinese knockoffs Mahindra Group is a corporate powerhouse and been in business since 1945. Mahindra is a major supplier of vehicles to the Indian defence force and the toughness can be seen in their civilian vehicles as well.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:14am On Apr 08, 2018
Look at that scenery. Got agree that Kenya is very beautiful country…An yes w’ll talk about the white dude later grin grin

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 12:13pm On Apr 08, 2018
samsobo24:
see this people borrowing ' na'
from pidgin

Since when did kiswahili become a pidgin?and do you really know the meaning of 'Poa kaka?'
Well if you don't know,suck your ill mouth,don't be bothered in a conversation that doesn't involve you.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by samsobo24(m): 8:15pm On Apr 08, 2018
254tobby:

Since when did kiswahili become a pidgin?and do you really know the meaning of 'Poa kaka?'
Well if you don't know,suck your ill mouth,don't be bothered in a conversation that doesn't involve you.
that's how some of you get abused here on this forum of ours.Because you were so impatient made you use that word.

Meanwhile I was only joking by saying you borrowed from pidgin because of that ' na '

I am sure your thought was that I'm trying to do another comparison using language as a case study.
I know tayser wouldn't have done that
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:53pm On Apr 08, 2018
samsobo24:
that's how some of you get abused here on this forum of ours.Because you were so impatient made you use that word.

Meanwhile I was only joking by saying you borrowed from pidgin because of that ' na '

I am sure your thought was that I'm trying to do another comparison using language as a case study.
I know tayser wouldn't have done that

And what's your problem with that?did I use 'na' in my sentiment?I think its the reason why you went ahead to tag me in your reply looking for people's bad side.
Its like you're talented in throwing tantrums now that they're iytching you,go ahead,I won't relent on that.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by gallivant: 11:50pm On Apr 08, 2018
This is too funny.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by samsobo24(m): 11:28am On Apr 09, 2018
Arinzeejikonye
Uzzolik

Give us more info about the centenary city and other similar projects

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 4:45pm On Apr 09, 2018
Hati13:

Ethiopia growth is primarily driven on one commodity, Coffee.
Ethiopian growth is driven by industrialization and Construction
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 4:50pm On Apr 09, 2018
uzzolik:

these houses are not in Naija, so where are the trees
So Nigerian high end houses should look like backward Rust Belt townshouses, urban projects(The American version of Slums) and boxhouses were White Trash lives.
Got It!!
In Kenya, our high end estates in Nairobi are modelled after high end estates in the UK and the US. Treesare everywhere.In fact, it is illegal to cut a tree in your own compound in Nairobi.Even trimming it is a job done by the council or Kenya Power.
We value the environment in Kenya. Plus, Nigerian estates need trees more than Nairobi.That lack of shade in Nigerian cities.Wueh!!Must be stress!!Even Mombasa , estates like Kizingo and Nyali people have left most of the original trees intact for shade both in the compounds and along the roads!!!

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 7:22pm On Apr 09, 2018
GERALD710:

Ethiopian growth is driven by industrialization and Construction
I’m not talking about the economic policy of Ethiopia but the primary product vital for Ethiopia growth.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 7:25pm On Apr 09, 2018
mtis:
Look at that scenery. Got agree that Kenya is very beautiful country…An yes w’ll talk about the white dude later grin grin
grin

There is no doubt that Kenya is among the most beautiful country in the world.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by nwoke37: 4:11am On Apr 10, 2018
mtis:

Big deal... he came to Nigeria too. Zuckerberg and some of these other white businessmen are smart people. They're looking into the future seeing where the next big opportunity lies for their products.. and investing rightly so
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by nwoke37: 4:14am On Apr 10, 2018
samsobo24:
Arinzeejikonye
Uzzolik

Give us more info about the centenary city and other similar projects

Heard it was shrouded in corruption by politicians... Seems like its offline... Can't even find centenary city on the investors website...

hopefully, the project will restart..

Corruption needs to tackled seriously in Nigeria. We're sacrificing progress for the benefit of a few.. sad situation
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2017: 12:20pm On Apr 10, 2018
I am surprised this thread is still going on....
Here we go 2018 - Kenya National Gov set to unveil 29B dollars budget (2018/2019)..and Nigeria (the African GIANT grin grin) will unveil federal budget of 28B usd. When this thread started the gap was huge......and yet kenya has zero dollars from hydrocarbons.

Nigeria is one huge giant mess. That should now be self-evident. 28B federal budget while likes of South Africa's federal gov have more than 100B to spend every year!

And the zebras cannot help but marvel as third Nairobi CBD's -upperhill slowly rises....an acre in upper-hill will set you at 10M dollars plus.

And Africa's tallest building is well on it's way.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by kikuyu1(m): 1:16pm On Apr 10, 2018
rvp2017:
I am surprised this thread is still going on....
Here we go 2018 - Kenya National Gov set to unveil 29B dollars budget (2018/2019)..and Nigeria (the African GIANT grin grin) will unveil federal budget of 28B usd. When this thread started the gap was huge......and yet kenya has zero dollars from hydrocarbons.

Nigeria is one huge giant mess. That should now be self-evident. 28B federal budget while likes of South Africa's federal gov have more than 100B to spend every year!

And the zebras cannot help but marvel as third Nairobi CBD's -upperhill slowly rises....an acre in upper-hill will set you at 10M dollars plus.

And Africa's tallest building is well on it's way.

You haven't heard? These guys have their own budgetary system unknown to any accounting system-that figure can increase any time due to States individual contributions so their budget is always higher than ours.
This thread will never die!
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2017: 4:31pm On Apr 10, 2018
The federal states in the giant depend on the federal allocation - so there is the race to inflate population everywhere - Lagos real population is about half what is stated officially - and so like GDP - everything in Nigeria is fake - except the petrodollars that nobody knows where it goes.I mean in Angola - after only 10yrs - you can see the transformation the petro-dollars has done - but not for the giant who count Nollywood moves as GDP cheesy cheesy

If you check the federal budget - the total allocation to 36 states I think is around N450B - which is mere 150B kshs (1.5B dollars) - I think kenya devolve more than that - about 300B kshs (or 3 b dollars).

Nobody pays taxes in Nigeria - so you can imagine what teachers or army people earn?. Nobody pays for electricity or water - so all utilities companies are bankrupt - and country runs on a generator - has no sewer systems or pipe water to speak of - worse than even the poorest countries.

A giant mess.

kikuyu1:

You haven't heard? These guys have their own budgetary system unknown to any accounting system-that figure can increase any time due to States individual contributions so their budget is always higher than ours.
This thread will never die!

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jay254(m): 7:31pm On Apr 10, 2018
rvp2017:
The federal states in the giant depend on the federal allocation - so there is the race to inflate population everywhere - Lagos real population is about half what is stated officially - and so like GDP - everything in Nigeria is fake - except the petrodollars that nobody knows where it goes.I mean in Angola - after only 10yrs - you can see the transformation the petro-dollars has done - but not for the giant who count Nollywood moves as GDP cheesy cheesy

If you check the federal budget - the total allocation to 36 states I think is around N450B - which is mere 150B kshs (1.5B dollars) - I think kenya devolve more than that - about 300B kshs (or 3 b dollars).

Nobody pays taxes in Nigeria - so you can imagine what teachers or army people earn?. Nobody pays for electricity or water - so all utilities companies are bankrupt - and country runs on a generator - has no sewer systems or pipe water to speak of - worse than even the poorest countries.

A giant mess.

Bill Gates said they are among the few countries with the lowest percentage of tax collection vs GDP around 6%. Nigerians life expectancy my be worse than Somalia... Healthcare in Nigeria is almost dead.. I honestly and deeply cry for the Giant.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2017: 7:44pm On Apr 10, 2018
I am not sure there is anything that works - except maybe nollywood? - Nigerians is akin to our African American brothers - totally messed up - nothing seem to work - not even simple power supply! not even basic health? not even fighting boko haram? and yet Nigeria is incredibly blessed with petro-dollars!
Jay254:

Bill Gates said they are among the few countries with the lowest percentage of tax collection vs GDP around 6%. Nigerians life expectancy my be worse than Somalia... Healthcare in Nigeria is almost dead.. I honestly and deeply cry for the Giant.

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by nwoke37: 5:01am On Apr 11, 2018
Jay254:

Nigeria and Somalia's life expectancy are approximately the same at around 55 years(very, very low, especially for Nigeria's status). Now to be fair, South Africa's life expectancy is 57 years(still very low).

Nigeria's low tax yields lead to low, poor services provided by the government. The current government is trying to tackle this problem(though at a later time due to the recession) through the VAIDS program, which is trying to widen the tax net. If more initiatives like this continue even after this present government, Nigeria would be on its way...
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by nwoke37: 5:26am On Apr 11, 2018
rvp2017:

A giant mess.

There's no need for Lagos to inflate its population even as the federal government is reducing its allocations to the state as Lagos is becoming more self-sustaining. Lagos is also planning to have 3,000 mw that is 24 hrs, uninterrupted power for its citizens in the next 5 years- hopefully, other states follow its lead.

As Nigerians, one of the characteristics that define us is our sense of optimism. When you're at Nigeria's level, the only way to go is up. Currently, we're building new smart cities from scratch to challenge the best cities in the world. Nigeria has some of the richest people on the continent. Our entertainment industry(movies and music) currently also dominates the continent. We currently have a booming tech sector. Nigerian companies are all over the continent. We supply aid to our west African brothers when they're in need.We're currently in the process of diversifying our economy away from oil. And we have the largest economy in Africa.

Despite our enormous challenges, we've made some big wins. Now imagine if Nigeria had a more functional government across all tiers. Hopefully, we'll get there.

The giant sleeps...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by samsobo24(m): 1:46pm On Apr 11, 2018
nwoke37:

Heard it was shrouded in corruption by politicians... Seems like its offline... Can't even find centenary city on the investors website...

hopefully, the project will restart..

Corruption needs to tackled seriously in Nigeria. We're sacrificing progress for the benefit of a few.. sad situation
someone living in abuja said its still on but moving at a slow pace and the developers aren't updating more of the progress online
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by samsobo24(m): 1:58pm On Apr 11, 2018
nwoke37:

There's no need for Lagos to inflate its population even as the federal government is reducing its allocations to the state as Lagos is becoming more self-sustaining. Lagos is also planning to have 3,000 mw that is 24 hrs, uninterrupted power for its citizens in the next 5 years- hopefully, other states follow its lead.

As Nigerians, one of the characteristics that define us is our sense of optimism. When you're at Nigeria's level, the only way to go is up. Currently, we're building new smart cities from scratch to challenge the best cities in the world. Nigeria has some of the richest people on the continent. Our entertainment industry(movies and music) currently also dominates the continent. We currently have a booming tech sector. Nigerian companies are all over the continent. We supply aid to our west African brothers when they're in need.We're currently in the process of diversifying our economy away from oil. And we have the largest economy in Africa.

Despite our enormous challenges, we've made some big wins. Now imagine if Nigeria had a more functional government across all tiers. Hopefully, we'll get there.

The giant sleeps...
are you minding all these one's who don't have anything to do rather than rant on a Nigerian forum,just to make silly comparism. The last time I checked the Economy of Lagos is bigger than the whole of their country. They think is just by population. If not for our government, imagine these tiny countries comparing themselves to Nigeria

It will be good if you could leave them to wallow in their hatred towards Nigeria
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2017: 2:06pm On Apr 11, 2018
Cooked fake GDP cannot and will not provide you with regular supply of electricity or water or sewage or even internet. In all aspects Nairobi beat Lagos. The same way Kenya beat Nigeria. Except in "GDP" that simply don't make much senses to me.
samsobo24:
are you minding all these one's who don't have anything to do rather than rant on a Nigerian forum,just to make silly comparism. The last time I checked the Economy of Lagos is bigger than the whole of their country. They think is just by population. If not for our government, imagine these tiny countries comparing themselves to Nigeria

It will be good if you could leave them to wallow in their hatred towards Nigeria
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by samsobo24(m): 2:12pm On Apr 11, 2018
nwoke37:

The giant sleeps...
This sleeping giant still Empowers thousands of Africans like the Tony enumelu foundation etc
The same giant hosts Other African countries
The same giant has one of the largest manufacturing sector
Largest tech sector
Largest Banking sector
Largest Entertainment sector ( movies,music,fashion & style)

What of sports

Pls don't take this people serious,I know if we have more serious leaders than Buhari,although not bad,we will start looking up to Brazil,India,China,Singapore and not these ones

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by samsobo24(m): 2:24pm On Apr 11, 2018
rvp2017:
Cooked fake GDP cannot and will not provide you with regular supply of electricity or water or sewage or even internet. In all aspects Nairobi beat Lagos. The same way Kenya beat Nigeria. Except in "GDP" that simply don't make much senses to me.
" Nairobi beats Lagos in all aspects "
Pls I don't have time for any kind of argument, but to massage your Ego.A quick look at the super- mega upcoming projects in Lagos plus its huge infrastructure on ground scattered all over the state gives an impression that the city is truly improving rapidly
Pls type whatever you want to but pls don't quote me
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2017: 2:46pm On Apr 11, 2018
Which super-mega infrastructure are you talking about. I normally visit SkycrapperCity to check out new development - Nigeria & Lagos forum - look like they are building one structure per year in Eko City.

Lagos -http://www.skyscrapercity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2645
or http://www.skyscrapercity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1481

Nairobi and Kenya on the other hand is on steroids - with 4 cities under development or planned around Nairobi alone - and lots of real sky-scrappers coming up every day.

Nairobi -http://www.skyscrapercity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2635
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2639

samsobo24:
Pls I don't have time for any kind of argument, but to massage your Ego.A quick look at the super- mega upcoming projects in Lagos plus its huge infrastructure on ground scattered all over the state gives an impression that the city is truly improving rapidly

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by samsobo24(m): 2:53pm On Apr 11, 2018
Pls rvp or what,don't start what you can't finish,if I start with you,you will not be able to handle this
Pls leave me alone,I pray you won't be hooked by my fellow brothers

Lagos the big brother,the projects in lekki alone is bigger than the whole of your country

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2017: 2:57pm On Apr 11, 2018
Don't try to personalize. This is about Lagos and Nigeria - in comparion with - Nairobi and Kenya. Which projects in Lekki?
samsobo24:
Pls rvp or what,don't start what you can't finish,if I start with you,you will not be able to handle this
Pls leave me alone,I pray you won't be hooked by my fellow brothers

Lagos the big brother,the projects in lekki alone is bigger than the whole of your country
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2017: 3:35pm On Apr 11, 2018
10 yrs later - Eko City just has one lonely skycrapper in the middle of nowhere. What exactly is going on in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by nwoke37: 5:08pm On Apr 11, 2018
samsobo24:

Don’t mind the guy, we’re building the biggest and deepest seaports in Africa, and some of the most advanced cities in the world. I mean the developer who developed the Dubai downtown, who built the tallest skyscraper in the world is developing centenary city in Abuja...

The guy is acting like all the projects will be on skyscrapercity...
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2017: 6:13pm On Apr 11, 2018
Lekki deep sea port -- yeah long overdue - considering for the "giant" - our Mombasa port [The fourth busiest port in Africa] throughput is equal to all current Nigeria ports combined. And in Kenya we are building another port - deep sea port in LAMU - which combined with roads and ralways is 25B USD plus investments.As for Cententary city - that is DEAD ON ARRIVAL. At least EKO city 10 yrs later is desolate lonely place with one skyscrapper - but the Abuja centenary was dead ab initio.

Quick comparison of LAMU deep sea port and Lekki deep sea port - LAMU will have depth of 18meters - Lekki have seen 16.5-19m - and 3 berths of LAMU are nearly ready.

Here is the 25B dollars LAPPSET project that will server kenya, South Sudan and Ethiopia.
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=856442.

As we speak of now - leave alone Nigeria ambitious dream that never turn true - the biggest ports in Africa are
Port Said (Egypt)
Tanger Med (Morocco)
Durban (South Africa)
Alexandria (Egypt)
Mombasa(Kenya).

There is no giant there with fictious GDP of 500B smiley smiley

nwoke37:

Don’t mind the guy, we’re building the biggest and deepest seaports in Africa, and some of the most advanced cities in the world. I mean the developer who developed the Dubai downtown, who built the tallest skyscraper in the world is developing centenary city in Abuja...

The guy is acting like all the projects will be on skyscrapercity...

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1682) (1683) (1684) (1685) (1686) (1687) (1688) ... (9933)

Viewing this topic: 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.