Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,728 members, 7,824,061 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:39 PM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (1688) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6216936 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1685) (1686) (1687) (1688) (1689) (1690) (1691) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by leslieraker: 11:45am On Apr 12, 2018
Yes! We can work together to make ur OCCASION a MEMORABLE one;

Reach us foe an outstanding VIDEO COVERAGE and ONLINE / LIVE SOCIAL MEDIA VIDEO STREAMING.

For booking / details pls call 08033068423, 08092455823

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by samsobo24(m): 11:59am On Apr 12, 2018
rvp2017:
Top in capitalization or Revenue or Profit or what...coz according to this reputable McKinsey report.Nigeria has 18 and Kenya 16 companies with revenues more than 500M usd? Where is the giant here - South Africa has 93 such companies - South Africa without any doubt is on another level.

https://www.mckinsey.com/~/media/McKinsey/Global%20Themes/Middle%20East%20and%20Africa/Realizing%20the%20potential%20of%20Africas%20economies/MGI-Lions-on-the-Move-2-Full-report-September-2016v2.ashx
you will surely find a way out to delude your self.
In terms of market,earnings,popularity, work force
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Danielnino00(m): 12:00pm On Apr 12, 2018
Some dumb mofos trying to belittle Eko Atlantic City just to satisfy his own ego... grin better be enlightened.. follow the EAC project here : https://www.ekoatlantic.com/media/image-gallery/

Stop hating.. grin. your country is irrelevant to our existence if u must know; D

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2017: 12:01pm On Apr 12, 2018
Share the link to that list! I'd love to see ranking based on popularity? What is that - brand?
samsobo24:
you will surely find a way out to delude your self.
In terms of market,earnings,popularity, work force

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2017: 12:03pm On Apr 12, 2018
I did - I didn't see any difference in 2016,2017 and 2018 - maybe you're watching the grass literally grow in that one skyscraper dream city?
Danielnino00:
Some dumb mofos trying to belittle Eko Atlantic City just to satisfy his own ego... grin better be enlightened.. follow the EAC project here : https://www.ekoatlantic.com/media/image-gallery/

Stop hating.. grin. your country is irrelevant to our existence if u must know; D

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by samsobo24(m): 12:04pm On Apr 12, 2018
rvp2017:
If kenya merged it 45 banks to 18 banks like Nigeria did in 2010 or like South Africa's 4 - then we would have similarly have mega banks. Not that we don't have - some of the most profitable banks in Africa are in Kenya - Equity & KCB for one.

Nigeria merged banks is deluding you otherwise Kenya can ran so many circles around Nigeria in the financial and intermediation sectors - let not even talk about SACCOS where kenya led Africa or M-pesa (mobile payments). Or how do you think Kenya has grown without OIL smiley or Diamond or Gold - like most African countries.

Obviously Kenyan banks are not collapsing and there is no need to merge them.

Nigerian are banks are not less than 22

When quick teller is already ruling the Continent
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Danielnino00(m): 12:14pm On Apr 12, 2018
rvp2017:
I did - I didn't see any difference in 2016,2017 and 2018 - maybe you're watching the grass literally grow in that one skyscraper dream city?

How can u see any difference when u are blinded by hate and envy? grin EAC is coming up real fast... the project started around 2009 with dredging of the ocean and now three towers have bee completed.. Azruri pennisula is half way completed.. the EAC mall is under construction... Over 30 bridges and roads have been completed... the Great Wall of Lagos around the city is almost completed I believe... The city already has running water..... ;..
U think its easy building a city from scratch?

Sit down there and be hating. grin...
And just like I said earlier, ur country is of no relevance to our existence....; D

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by samsobo24(m): 12:15pm On Apr 12, 2018
rvp2017:
Share the link to that list! I'd love to see ranking based on popularity? What is that - brand?
http://www.financialnigeria.com/nigeria-south-africa-drop-on-nation-brands-2016-ranking-news-897.html
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2017: 12:34pm On Apr 12, 2018
Nation Brand value is reliant upon GDP ?

I was expecting some list with top companies - all I got was nation brand? Of course we know Nigeria as nation as the worst brand smiley

Kindly try to comprehend before hitting reply.

samsobo24:
http://www.financialnigeria.com/nigeria-south-africa-drop-on-nation-brands-2016-ranking-news-897.html

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2017: 12:37pm On Apr 12, 2018
They were many small Nigeria banks - and they were collapsing - so they were forced to merge. Nigeria didn't and haven't created mega-banks organically like Kenya has. Take for example Equity Bank in Kenya - in 2005 - it was nothing - very small SACCO - and now it's one of Africa most profitable bank - with branches all over East Africa including Congo. Equity Bank is studied in Harvard?

While you talk about forced big banks - that don't meet all nigerian bankings needs - we are talking the most profitable banks - with highest return on assest in Africa - and Kenya access to banking is nearing to 100%.

The Financial Times’ (FT) latest listing of the world’s Top 1,000 banks shows that Equity Bank is Africa’s lender with the highest return on assets — an indicator of profitability that is determined by dividing the net income by total average assets — while Kenya Commercial Bank (KCB) is third.

samsobo24:
Nigerian are banks are not less than 22

When quick teller is already ruling the Continent

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 12:54pm On Apr 12, 2018
rvp2017:
They were many small Nigeria banks - and they were collapsing - so they were forced to merge. Nigeria didn't and haven't created mega-banks organically like Kenya has. Take for example Equity Bank in Kenya - in 2005 - it was nothing - very small SACCO - and now it's one of Africa most profitable bank - with branches all over East Africa including Congo. Equity Bank is studied in Harvard?

While you talk about forced big banks - that don't meet all nigerian bankings needs - we are talking the most profitable banks - with highest return on assest in Africa - and Kenya access to banking is nearing to 100%.

The Financial Times’ (FT) latest listing of the world’s Top 1,000 banks shows that Equity Bank is Africa’s lender with the highest return on assets — an indicator of profitability that is determined by dividing the net income by total average assets — while Kenya Commercial Bank (KCB) is third.

Lol, one of d most ignorant person I've ever met on this forum.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2017: 12:55pm On Apr 12, 2018
Maybe you need to stop building new cities from the scratch and fix lagos. You see you created Abuja with lots of billion dollars and didn't help much - you are now trying to create centenary city to fix Abuja. Fix Lagos and let it grow organically! Otherwise trying to create a new Dubai with one Skyscraper every decade grin is waste of money and time.

Rather than creating a new lego city - fix LAGOS - fix roads, sewage, water, electricity - and Lagos can grow organically! Dubai is not easy to replicate.

Danielnino00:

How can u see any difference when u are blinded by hate and envy? grin EAC is coming up real fast... the project started around 2009 with dredging of the ocean and now three towers have bee completed.. Azruri pennisula is half way completed.. the EAC mall is under construction... Over 30 bridges and roads have been completed... the Great Wall of Lagos around the city is almost completed I believe... The city already has running water..... ;..
U think its easy building a city from scratch?

Sit down there and be hating. grin...
And just like I said earlier, ur country is of no relevance to our existence....; D

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2017: 1:01pm On Apr 12, 2018
http://www./f38/banks-made-up-25-existing-banks-nigeria-2584/. Nigeria mega-banks were forced to merge by Nigeria's CBK in reforms that started in 2005. They merge 3-5 banks to make the current banks
shervydman:

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by samsobo24(m): 2:25pm On Apr 12, 2018
Ignorance makes you say that the EAC is moving slowly when it's even moving at a fast pace considering it as a huge project
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 3:02pm On Apr 12, 2018
shervydman:

You're the one who is the most ignorant person in this racist forum of yours,when he defends his points with facts,you're heated with madness and shock!

I guess you are even about to throw unnecessary tantrums and insults.

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 4:21pm On Apr 12, 2018
rvp2017:
http://www./f38/banks-made-up-25-existing-banks-nigeria-2584/. Nigeria mega-banks were forced to merge by Nigeria's CBK in reforms that started in 2005. They merge 3-5 banks to make the current banks
What the government did was to weed out frivolous players from the banking industry. It led to mergers and acquisitions which is a standard practice in industries across the world.I don't understand why you are making it a big deal by twisting things here. Nobody was forced. Gtbank for example never merged with another bank but it is still very strong. It even acquired a Kenyan bank and has the gtbank logo in several locations in Kenya and elsewhere in east Africa. I am yet to see a Kenyan bank with such tentacles.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2017: 4:21pm On Apr 12, 2018
And while at it - building new cities to escape current problems in old cities - Eko City that is - can you please add some green to that ugly concrete jungle. This especially as they wait for another skyscrapper to be constructed - trees and grass could be growing. Nairobi is magnet because it has 2) huge forests and of course the only national park in city in the world where animals roam freely (not a zoo!) in huge plain and lots of greenery. That make people want to visit or live in Nairobi

Nairobi street level - lots of trees

And if at the coast - Mombasa can teach you some lessons

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by kikuyu1(m): 4:37pm On Apr 12, 2018
rvp2017:

That's the problem with many Naijjans-do you understand the significance of that ROA? Do you know even Euro mega banks would kill for half of that figure?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by nwoke37: 4:45pm On Apr 12, 2018
don't know why people are saying one skyscraper in eko atlantic...

As you can see trees are being planted all over.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by kikuyu1(m): 4:47pm On Apr 12, 2018
Some quick corrections-we now generate around 3200 mw from ALL sources while connectivity rate is now pushing 70%. Konza city development is well under way and the gov this year allocated 700 mn$. Its not a white elephant prestige project.

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2017: 4:47pm On Apr 12, 2018
Kenya financial & intermediation is on another level - just like the retail sector - Nigeria cannot even come close to it. I mean without service sector doing so well - kenya would be nothing - we have no minerals like these banana republics of Africa - and only have 1/3 of our land arable.

If you check the list by ROA -half of them are from kenya - if Ethiopia were to ever open their financial sector and allow kenyan banks to go there - I think they'll beat Nigeria in Capitlization too - they are not far off - Equity and KCB are definitely near there - and nearly all kenyan banks have branches in East Africa and few venturing out to South and Central Africa.

kikuyu1:

That's the problem with many Naijjans-do you understand the significance of that ROA? Do you know even Euro mega banks would kill for half of that figure?

4 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by samsobo24(m): 5:25pm On Apr 12, 2018
You are truly ignorant, if not you won't talk about the EAC,so you don't know that a smart city should have at least 40 percentage of its landmass for greeneries
rvp2017:
And while at it - building new cities to escape current problems in old cities - Eko City that is - can you please add some green to that ugly concrete jungle. This especially as they wait for another skyscrapper to be constructed - trees and grass could be growing. Nairobi is magnet because it has 2) huge forests and of course the only national park in city in the world where animals roam freely (not a zoo!) in huge plain and lots of greenery. That make people want to visit or live in Nairobi

Nairobi street level - lots of trees

And if at the coast - Mombasa can teach you some lessons

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jay254(m): 8:00pm On Apr 12, 2018
samsobo24:
When Lagos generates its only electricity, it will start competing with Shanghai,NY,London,Moscow,Berlin etc.
It will soon dwarf Johannesburg as CNBC africa has said

This guy lives in Fantasy world... Keep dreaming young man in Many countries we are living the dream.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jay254(m): 8:09pm On Apr 12, 2018
Mzansian:

He is just being a typical Nigerian , talking about something he knows nothing about. SA life expectancy is 64 years.

http://www.cabsa.org.za/South-African-Life-Expectancy-Rise-1072017

Nwoke37 educate yourself.

Jealous is all they feel. Poor Giant.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2017: 8:30pm On Apr 12, 2018
Yeah I got a smart Lego city with at least 40 % of landmass for greeneries.Where is the 40% of greeneries in that concrete jungle?. You're incorrigible idiot and that probably explain why Nigeria is the butt of jokes in planet earth.
go
samsobo24:
You are truly ignorant, if not you won't talk about the EAC,so you don't know that a smart city should have at least 40 percentage of its landmass for greeneries

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by nwoke37: 10:54pm On Apr 12, 2018
This thread is so childish....2 countries fighting to massage their egos when both countries are looked upon as *shitholes

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 11:15pm On Apr 12, 2018
254tobby:

You're the one who is the most ignorant person in this racist forum of yours,when he defends his points with facts,you're heated with madness and shock!

I guess you are even about to throw unnecessary tantrums and insults.
First n foremost, this is not a racist forum. rvp2017 is ignorant cos majority of his dissensions are spurious, and I'm not heated with madness or shocked at his fictitious posts. I just read n ignore his ignoramus disposition.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 11:23pm On Apr 12, 2018
nwoke37:
This thread is so childish....2 countries fighting to massage their egos when both countries are looked upon as *shitholes
Lol, everyone is just being patriotic... it's not as if we're fighting or whatever. We once had nice and impressive discussions on this thread.

The funniest thing about this thread is just that we argue on things that's not even worth to argue about and it leads to everybody defending their country without qualitative reasoning. grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 11:31pm On Apr 12, 2018
rvp2017:
Kenya financial & intermediation is on another level - just like the retail sector - Nigeria cannot even come close to it. I mean without service sector doing so well - kenya would be nothing - we have no minerals like these banana republics of Africa - and only have 1/3 of our land arable.

If you check the list by ROA -half of them are from kenya - if Ethiopia were to ever open their financial sector and allow kenyan banks to go there - I think they'll beat Nigeria in Capitlization too - they are not far off - Equity and KCB are definitely near there - and nearly all kenyan banks have branches in East Africa and few venturing out to South and Central Africa.

This is one of ur baseless points..... posting a 2012/2013 table on ROA.

here's 2017 list below.

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 12:01am On Apr 13, 2018
rvp2017:
What joke is this - Lekki deep sea port - that you're parroting is mere 500M usd projectsmiley smiley - I guess when whole budget for the giant is mere 28B USD that is a lot of money. PLEASE SHOW US MEGA PROJECT OF SAY 200B USD - that would really shows how ambitious Nigeria can be? I mean Kenya don't even shout about 500m usd project. That is pocket change.Mombasa port expansion - adding 3 berths - more than 1B dollars has already been spent.
http://businessandmaritimewestafrica.com/maritime-development/npa-pays-23m-equity-funding-in-lekki-deep-seaport-project

Nigeria has to wake up - pay and collect taxes. I mean the 28B is mostly from oil taxes - and has to be shared by 36 states!! The more I probe - the more I am shocked.

Please take Bill Gates advice seriously - pay taxes - and we may kick polio out - let's not even worry about other stuff for now - LEKKI deep sea port of 1.5BB grin grin grin - what hell is that?
Here's another dilusional rant that 254Tobby called "fact". Firstly, he said lekki deep sea port is a mere $500m project, later; he called it a $1.5b project. Which do u want us to believe??

Secondly, he said Nigeria has a $28b budget and it has to be shared by states, how do I make him understand that budgets are not converted to $ and Nigerian states have their independent budget?

I'm done with this thread but just wanna show the reason I called rvp2017 an ignorant.

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2017: 6:38am On Apr 13, 2018
I posted what came top on google - and in your list - you can see kenyan banks dominated - and that in 2017 when interest rate caps were introduced in kenya. I mean you can pick any year - and Kenyan banks ROA will dominate that list. The same with growth rate - Equity, KCB and Coop banks are slowly but steadily growing into large African banks - and they were not forced to merge like Nigeria banks. This is organic growth fueled by innovation and creativity.

Overal Kenyans enjoy some best financial inclusion -with access to banking trending towards 100% - while Nigeria are probably at 50% with many nigerians still unbanked.

shervydman:

This is one of ur baseless points..... posting a 2012/2013 table on ROA.

here's 2017 list below.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2017: 6:41am On Apr 13, 2018
You're incorrigible - how would you compare if we didn't use USD? What is a Naira trillion - definitely not a KSHS trillion -1kshs is worth 3.57 Naira as of today.

Your federal budget is equivalent to 28B USD (Dec 2017) - Kenya national budget was 26B (June 2017) and is set to grow to 29B in June 2018.

Your state budget is equivalent to 25BUSD (9 trillion Naira) - but 6 trillion is from the federal allocation - so the extra that state collect as their own revenue is 3 trillion Naira. - 8 B usd.

So give and take - total Nigeria budget is 28(federal)+8B=36B USD - for the GIANT.

Kenya 47 devolved counties - collect their own revenue (they are not federal - so mostly fees and rates) - total of about 1B USD - add that to kenya 29B - and you have 30B.

Nigeria (federal+state);36B USD. Kenya(national+devolved) 30B. The GIANT indeeed.

And for reference check south africa budget - federal and provincial - and just know NIGERIA is not a giant of anything...serious.

shervydman:

Here's another dilusional rant that 254Tobby called "fact". Firstly, he said lekki deep sea port is a mere $500m project, later; he called it a $1.5b project. Which do u want us to believe??

Secondly, he said Nigeria has a $28b budget and it has to be shared by states, how do I make him understand that budgets are not converted to $ and Nigerian states have their independent budget?

I'm done with this thread but just wanna show the reason I called rvp2017 an ignorant.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1685) (1686) (1687) (1688) (1689) (1690) (1691) ... (9933)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.