Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,354 members, 7,853,566 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 07:16 PM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (1727) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6272972 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1724) (1725) (1726) (1727) (1728) (1729) (1730) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by samsobo24(m): 7:19pm On Apr 25, 2018
rvp2018:
It's very unlikely you can keep the generator running for that long.
Generator or whatever, we are still better off because,we have the money

Don't worry Mr rvp, I am expecting the Lagos state IPP to start distributing power and other projects by the FG and states for other states.

You keep deceiving your self,as if light is Even adequate in Nairobi

And do you even think some households don't use light for at least 16 hrs per day or more.What of numerous estate generating their own power eg Amen.Estate Ajah,Lagos
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by samsobo24(m): 7:29pm On Apr 25, 2018
obaaderemi:
At least they are not as jobless as Kenyans. Lool
no wonder Tony Elumelu is empowering people like them
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 7:30pm On Apr 25, 2018
rvp2018:
How can you talk of modern GDP when electricity is on for 5 or 6 minutes every day!

A city with over $88 billion GDP cannot afford constant electricity?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Daejoyoung: 7:34pm On Apr 25, 2018
NairobiWalker:

And yet with the so called constant electricity in Kenya and even with the cooked GDP, Kenya still struggles to surpass that city's GDP.
With all your so called development ahead of Nigeria, your HDI is still 146 in the world, while Nigeria is 152(note..you are about 3-4 times smaller than Nigeria), What then are you Kenyans bragging about?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by samsobo24(m): 7:37pm On Apr 25, 2018
Daejoyoung:

And yet with the so called constant electricity in Kenya and even with the cooked GDP, Kenya still struggles to surpass that city's GDP.
With all your so called development ahead of Nigeria, your HDI is still 146 in the world, what then are you Kenyans bragging about?
and that city still has more industries than the whole of their country
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 7:38pm On Apr 25, 2018
There is adequate power all over kenya - the last time we had serious power rationing was in drought of 1999 - then we depended on hydro - now we depend on stable geothermal power - yeah we are on of world leaders of clean power - no diesel engines here - and there is stable power in the whole of the country - apart from schedule maintenance. Just ask anybody around. 24-7. All over kenya.

I think right now we are about 50-60% of everyone having power - our target is universal electricity coverage by 2022. And clearly the world has never seen such pace of ELECTRIFICATION. We were merely 12% of coverage 10yrs ago..now we are looking at hooking everyone to electricity...even those living in mud huts.
https://qz.com/882938/kenya-is-rolling-out-its-national-electricity-program-in-half-the-time-it-took-america/

samsobo24:

Don't worry Mr rvp, I am expecting the Lagos state IPP to start distributing power and other projects by the FG and states for other states.

And do you even think some households don't use light for at least 16 hrs per day or more.What of numerous estate generating their own power eg Amen.Estate Ajah,Lagos

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 7:39pm On Apr 25, 2018
Just demonstrate that Kenya GDP is cooked. You have tonnes of consumption and expenditure data to cross-reference our GDP.
You can go sector by sector - start with agricluture - how much of cereals we produce or consume - you can go stuff like oil, cement - energy - telcoms - manufactured goods - and you can compare to similar size GDP country in the world.

Daejoyoung:

With all your so called development ahead of Nigeria, your HDI is still 146 in the world, what then are you Kenyans bragging about?

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Daejoyoung: 7:41pm On Apr 25, 2018
rvp2018:
There is adequate power all over kenya - the last time we had serious power rationing was in drought of 1999 - then we depended on hydro - now we depend on stable geothermal power - yeah we are on of world leaders of clean power - no diesel engines here - and there is stable power in the whole of the country - apart from schedule maintenance. Just ask anybody around. 24-7. All over kenya.

I think right now we are about 50-60% of everyone having power - our target is universal electricity coverage by 2022.

Stop lying, only 55% of Kenyans are connected to the national grid.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by samsobo24(m): 7:42pm On Apr 25, 2018
rvp2018:

I think right now we are about 50-60% of everyone having power - our target is universal electricity coverage by 2022.

give me an authentic stat and I will tell you how irrelevant Kenya is to our existence
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 7:50pm On Apr 25, 2018
I agree - read what I wrote again - there is constant 24-7 supply in nearly every corner of kenya - but there are households who haven't connected - because they can't afford - not because there is no electricity. Say in village x - you have 10 people connected to main grids - and another 10 who can't afford - and so the supply side is sorted - it just the demand side.
Daejoyoung:

Stop lying, only 55% of Kenyans are connected to the national grid.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 7:52pm On Apr 25, 2018
Blackout in kenya are so rare they make news! The whole country is nearly covered with electricity- few spots here and there - and people who can't afford the connection - and those are being connected.

Even in the worst of slums - people in kenya enjoy constant 24-7 power supply. Just visit or read news.

And considering the base we started from ...I think 12% in 2006...it's incredible what we've done in electrifying the country.

samsobo24:
give me an authentic stat and I will tell you how irrelevant Kenya is to our existence

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 7:57pm On Apr 25, 2018
And blackout or brown outs - are listed in our single power distributor website..and those are schedule maintance...we have more than 20% idle capacity...about 500MW just sitting there...when we consume about 2000MW. The last load-shedding I can't remember. Power cuts due to over-supply - we use to have stand by generators (Not in our houses) - but in power producers - for those - but they've mostly been decommissioned coz they were just expensive and we have made huge investment in clean stable geothermal.

And as soon as we connected everyone - and complete other innovations that mean power lines can be maintained without being cut...these will become so rare....they make start making news.

http://kplc.co.ke/category/view/50/power-interruptions
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 8:37pm On Apr 25, 2018
samsobo24:
no wonder Tony Elumelu is empowering people like them
Four out of every ten Kenyans are jobless according to reliable sources and they are here bandying around fake figures of 7%. No wonder their old and young are here on nairaland. I've always wondered how they have so much time to spend on a Nigerian site.

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by amarilo: 8:59pm On Apr 25, 2018
I am at JK airport in Nairobi right now. MMM is a bus stop compared to this airport. Nigeria should wake up, we have slept for too long.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 11:02pm On Apr 25, 2018
Daejoyoung:

With all your so called development ahead of Nigeria, your HDI is still 146 in the world, while Nigeria is 152(note..you are about 3-4 times smaller than Nigeria), What then are you Kenyans bragging about?

Our GDP is not cooked. If it was we wouldn't be having a budget of $28 billion. Meanwhile how can Lagos have a GDP of over $88 billion with a budget of only $2.8 billion? Where the Bleep do the taxes collected in Lagos go to? Symptoms of cooking figures.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by jason14: 11:03pm On Apr 25, 2018
NairobiWalker:

Btw why don't you bring a reliable source that places Lagos GDP at over $88 billion? Sometimes people tell themselves a lie so frequently they start believing it themselves.
Theres no point bro , I don't have strength to Start proving to you, no matter what I say no matter d links I bring here u won't still accept it , so y waste precious time ?

....JASON THE NAIJA DUDE
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by jason14: 11:06pm On Apr 25, 2018
rvp2018:
How can you talk of modern GDP when electricity is on for 5 or 6 minutes every day!
are u stupid or what ? y do you sit down in kibera and start assuming rubbish . how can they give light for only six minutes a day, is there anything wrong with you?

....JASON THE NAIJA DUDE
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 11:07pm On Apr 25, 2018
jason14:
Theres no point bro , I don't have strength to Start proving to you, no matter what I say no matter d links I bring here u won't still accept it , so y waste precious time ?

....JASON THE NAIJA DUDE

Shouting 'The GDP of Lagos is bigger than your countries' is not bringing links. Mark you Joburg has the largest GDP for a city in Africa and it's not bigger than Kenya's.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by jason14: 11:10pm On Apr 25, 2018
samsobo24:

These people don't know that a damaged Nigeria is still better than their.precious Kenya lol thats just d big truth
Africa will move forward when Nigeria moves forward , thats another big truth

....JASON THE NAIJA DUDE

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by jason14: 11:15pm On Apr 25, 2018
NairobiWalker:

Jesus Christ ! are u daft ? how many times have we told u that its because of corruption and wickedness of d leaders thats y Lagos does not have constant electricity. Lagos is probably richer than your whole country , so what crap are u saying?

....JASON THE NAIJA DUDE

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by samsobo24(m): 11:19pm On Apr 25, 2018
S
jason14:
These people don't know that a damaged Nigeria is still better than their.precious Kenya lol thats just d big truth
Africa will move forward when Nigeria moves forward , thats another big truth

....JASON THE NAIJA DUDE
so many African analysts have said it that if Nigeria gets it right,then Africa gets it right.
Nigeria is the back bone of Africa and nig. Is very crucial for Africa's progress.
People think,they call Nigeria Giant because of infrastructure or because of development

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by jason14: 11:32pm On Apr 25, 2018
NairobiWalker:

Shouting 'The GDP of Lagos is bigger than your countries' is not bringing links. Mark you Joburg has the largest GDP for a city in Africa and it's not bigger than Kenya's.
lol baba stop misyarning abeg , Lagos has d 5th largest GDP in Africa (if it were a country) ransack d whole of Google and check of ull see Jo'burg lol
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by jason14: 11:39pm On Apr 25, 2018
samsobo24:
Sso many African analysts have said it that if Nigeria gets it right,then Africa gets it right.
Nigeria is the back bone of Africa and nig. Is very crucial for Africa's progress.
People think,they call Nigeria Giant because of infrastructure or because of development
yes now but if u tell them they will be talking rubbish and be bringing stupid facts , d whole world saw d potential Nigeria has thats y they gave Nigeria d title "giant of Africa" it's not becos of electricity.
Nigeria has d power to become d greatest country on earth . iv sed this before , powerful countries are scared of Nigeria ,they don't want Nigeria to wake up , becos they know wen NAIJA wakes up and takes a step the whole world will feel d effect

....JASON THE NAIJA DUDE
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Just30: 11:52pm On Apr 25, 2018
jason14:
if not for corruption , what's there in electricity ? Nigeria can get constant electricity supplied to all parts of Nigeria in 1yr

...JASON THE NAIJA DUDE
sure , all countries have corruption but they also know priorities.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 12:04am On Apr 26, 2018
jason14:
yes now but if u tell them they will be talking rubbish and be bringing stupid facts , d whole world saw d potential Nigeria has thats y they gave Nigeria d title "giant of Africa" it's not becos of electricity.
Nigeria has d power to become d greatest country on earth . iv sed this before , powerful countries are scared of Nigeria ,they don't want Nigeria to wake up , becos they know wen NAIJA wakes up and takes a step the whole world will feel d effect

....JASON THE NAIJA DUDE
You stole the title from SA using the cooked GDP
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by jason14: 12:12am On Apr 26, 2018
Just30:
sure , all countries have corruption but they also know priorities.
lol Nigeria is like d most corrupt country in d world

....JASON THE NAIJA DUDE
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by jason14: 12:14am On Apr 26, 2018
Muafrika2:
alright

....JASON THE NAIJA DUDE
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by nwoke37: 4:55am On Apr 26, 2018
NairobiWalker:

Btw why don't you bring a reliable source that places Lagos GDP at over $88 billion? Sometimes people tell themselves a lie so frequently they start believing it themselves.

Lagos is a state.. Johannesburg is a city within the gauteng province which also has a bigger gdp than Kenya..

Lagos State governor, Akinwunmi Ambode, has described the state as the fastest growing mega city in the world, just as he revealed that its Gross Domestic Product GDP has hit $136 billion.

He also said the state accounts for over 90 per cent of Nigeria’s foreign trade flow, which invariably contributes 30 per cent to the country’s GDP and also accounts for 65 per cent of its manufacturing activity.
https://nigeriacommunicationsweek.com.ng/lagos-gdp-hits-136bn/
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 7:24am On Apr 26, 2018
see Nigeria

AWKA—FORMER Secretary to the Anambra State Government, SSG, and the candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, in last year’s governorship election in Anambra State, Mr. Oseloka Obaze has said that Nigerian youths had proved that they are lazy as credited to President Muhammadu Buhari.
Speaking with reporters as part of preparations for the forthcoming presentation of his latest book titled‘Prime Witness: Change And Policy Challenges in Buhari’s Nigeria’, Obaze said if the nation’s youths were not indeed lazy, they would have proved the President wrong by protesting and telling the whole world how serious they have been working to make ends meet under harsh government economic and social policies.
He said: “I agree with President Buhari. If the youths did not agree with him, they would have shut down the country immediately the president’s statement was made public.”
He said the statement was enough to cause disquiet in many markets, offices, and other places where youths hustle everyday to be able to eat and make ends meet.
According to him, there exists an alarming weakness and gaping loopholes in the nation’s governance infrastructure as it pertains to public policy-making, implementation and policy validity, noting that Nigeria’s fifty-five year- old political landscape which Buhari inherited had some dubious characteristics.
He added: “As Nigeria’s nascent democracy evolves, it is evident that the nation has arrived at the critical juncture where identifiable governance pitfalls, challenges as institutional and infrastructural failings compel urgent directional change.
“Political promises and decisions tend to induce public trust. Yet, a promise undelivered is no promise at all, and good intentions espoused, but not concretized, remain a fluke with immense undermining capacity.
“As such, any unfocused leadership will falter, regardless of its abiding expression of good intentions.
When that faltering happens, vexation, agitation and ennui are natural responses, as is now the case in Nigeria.
He argued that President Buhari seemed fixated with retrospective politicking by making his predecessor’s failings and policies his governance plank, rather than governing, adding that it later became evident that the ‘change’ mantra was all about words and exhortation, but hardly about concrete mobilization.
“Beyond debate, Nigerians understood fully that only good leaders could resolve its seemingly endemic problems such as greed, corruption, nepotism, absence of patriotism; disequilibria, social injustice, indiscipline and the ascendancy of mediocrity over meritocracy.
‘The crux of the problem is that every ethnic jigsaw component of Nigeria feels sufficiently aggrieved marginalized and therefore, seeks equity via restructuring.
“Since the civil war, Nigeria has never been as polarized as it is now. Restructuring Nigeria is therefore, naturally compelling for reasons, which may include the desire to tweak management, ownership and operational or administrative modalities, with a view to achieving equity and efficiency.
“Nigeria in its present state is analogous to a dysfunctional computer. In both instances, there is evident systemic failure arising from non-responsive applications and institutions not operating as intended. Such instances require a reboot in order to overcome the redundancies.
“Nigeria is at risk unless it finds the courage to restructure. A nation in dire straits, Nigeria has a choice, to restructure by plan or by default. A default restructuring, will happen, certainly not by choice, but definitely like an uncontrolled experiment with attendant risks and indefinite outcome.
“Restructuring sometimes arises from crisis situations or the need to preempt political catastrophe. The latter is a core premise for Nigeria. Regardless of what opponents of restructuring think, Nigeria must restructure or risk self-destruction,” Obaze further said.
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/04/nigerian-youths-proven-theyre-lazy-obaze-2/
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 9:01am On Apr 26, 2018
Lagos & Nigeria can claim any GDP figure (it's all free) - but it won't increase the size of fufu on their plate. Lagos can claim to have GDP bigger than Algeria or Kenya - but it still will have 2-3B dollars every here to gather for 10-20M people. Kenya has 28+3B (31-32)B to spend every year. GDP can only be helpful if it;s credible to be trusted by investors or lenders , if it actually generate revenue & taxes.
nwoke37:

Lagos is a state.. Johannesburg is a city within the gauteng province which also has a bigger gdp than Kenya..

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by jason14: 10:57am On Apr 26, 2018
Muafrika2:

what is this one saying? :\ did they ever give SA the title ? when they gave Nigeria that title SA was still being colonized . what rubbish are u saying about cooked GDP

....JASON THE NAIJA DUDE
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by jason14: 10:59am On Apr 26, 2018
nwoke37:

pathetic, Jo'burg (a city) has a bigger GDP than Kenya . chai!!!

....JASON THE NAIJA DUDE

(1) (2) (3) ... (1724) (1725) (1726) (1727) (1728) (1729) (1730) ... (9933)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.