Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,915 members, 7,835,061 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:50 AM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (1847) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6242001 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1844) (1845) (1846) (1847) (1848) (1849) (1850) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by OMANBALA1: 2:10am On Jun 08, 2018
"Little Indians"....Wicked

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 2:23am On Jun 08, 2018
obaaderemi:
It's my siesta. So I will just hammer your head with this little fact for you to see why Nigeria is a giant compared to Little India. 65 m and 110 m gaps over kenya are just too much,my friend. Heck, they are populations of big countries.

http://www.businessinsider.com/smartphone-adoption-on-the-upswing-in-nigeria-2017-4?IR=T

Nigeria's growing mobile internet user base speaks
to its market potential. Nigeria currently has 62.2
million and 52.1 million more internet and mobile
users than Egypt, respectively. It also outpaces
Kenya by 65.3 million and 110.78 million internet
and mobile users, respectively.
grin

Africa is really in trouble.
44% of internet subscribers in Africa are from Nigeria and we are just 15% of the continent's population? That really worrisome.

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 2:30am On Jun 08, 2018
rvp20182:
I for once thought we were talking penetration - if you're talking absolute numbers - then clearly our pop is 48M and yours 190m! Again the really pathetic education you've received from Nigeria is shinning through. You cannot make one logical sound argument for crying out loud.

Your population was 48 million by 2016 estimates and this is 2018, yet you are still claiming 48 million?. Are you reducing in population ?

You guys should stop trying to be smarter than yourselves. If you are using Kenya's 2016 population estimate of 48 million people, then use Nigeria's 2016 estimate of 185 million people.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 2:33am On Jun 08, 2018
nwoke37:

You realize South Africa is a much older economy than Nigeria(i'm not talking about Independence) and is thus more advanced than Nigeria's although Nigeria has now the largest economy.. I mean take a look at sab miller, it was founded in 1895 in South Africa... Where were Nigerian companies at that time... virtually non existent... Plus South Africa has a large influx of foreigners.. this is why virtually all of multinational big South African companies are white owned

I could also use this example for Kenya... Kenya has a more advanced formal retail economy than Nigeria due to the large influx of foreigners in Kenya.. this is why stores like nakumatt are Indian owned

Succinctly put!
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 2:36am On Jun 08, 2018
mtis:

Many companies in the Kenya fail to identify their controlling shareholders. Take an example you mentioned Nakumatt.You think its owned by Indians but the major shareholder was one black dude called Mwau.The guy pulled his money out an now Nakumatt is going down…
Many black Kenyans own stakes in most of this companies but you guys keep on screaming white an Indians.

Truth be told. The richest ..an I mean the riches folks in Kenya are blacks. They don’t need to show their accounts but am telling you what everyone here knows. There are families who are billionaires in dollars but ya would hear about it

The rich black Kenyans cannot show their faces cos they are all thieves and criminals !

Kenyan Referee Kicked Out Of World Cup After Receiving $600 Bribe.
https://www.nairaland.com/4548405/aden-marwa-kenyan-referee-sacked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 2:42am On Jun 08, 2018
mtis:

Nice pics msee.Tell Nowe thats how average Kenyan look like..

Metissa & TashaMaria aka TayserMahiri.

grin cheesy cheesy Rotf, lmao grin

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 2:47am On Jun 08, 2018
Jay254:

You don't have to write just because you have that freedom, facts must always come first.

Currently the biggest retailers in the country are owned 100% by black Kenyans. Nakumatt went under.

If foreigners were the reason for the advanced retail sector, we have countries like Botwana, Namibia,Zimbabwe,Madagascar would have more advenced retail sector than Kenya.

In kenya you will find malls and supermarkets in villages, low to high income areas.

Kenyans are being fascinated by malls while Nigerians are being fascinated by online shopping.

Which is more modern?

Nigeria leads Africa, and is ranked 3rd in the world in population of people who shop online.

https://guardian.ng/business-services/nigeria-leads-south-africa-others-in-online-shopping/amp

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/07/nigeria-ranks-3rd-online-mobile-shopping/amp/

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 2:52am On Jun 08, 2018
rvp20182:
Read again - we beat you all over - smartphone penetration - internet penetration - phone penetration.

And you are throwing absolute numbers - we beat your in phone penetration - Kenya phone penetration is around 90% - Nigeria around 80%. You total connection is anything 140-160M - you still have about 50M (ANOTHER KENYA) inside Nigeria - before you can thinking of expanding to East Africa. In Kenya we are already 40M plus out of 48M - we only have to buy our teenagers phones to make

Stop telling lies. Kenyan phone pentration is 83% 40 milllion out of 48 million people (2016 population estimate)... That of Nigeria is 81%... 150 million out of 185 million people (2016 population estimate)

4 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 3:05am On Jun 08, 2018
obaaderemi:
Hahahahaha,now you are crying. Its not my fault Your girlfriend can't feel your penetration due to the smallness of it all(population and $50bn economy.) Thank you for admitting mine is a hardon. Big and hard as you said.Your women are feeling us better and you the men are not left out. Evidence is right here on nairaland. You are about to feel us more in Kenya.

Hahaha, you got it right.
Kenyan women go as far as denouncing their nationality and claim to be Nigerians because of our 'big and hard' hard on. grin cheesy

Drunkeness of Chang'aa has rendered Kenyan men useless.

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by nwoke37: 4:03am On Jun 08, 2018
Jayceon:
The richest man in Nigeria is black because there are only blackies in Nigeria while SA is a multi-racial nation.Do you guys ever use something called a brain?

The majority of South Africa is black just like Nigeria.. It's been reported that Nigeria has 1 million Indians.. We have plenty of Lebanese too, as well as Chinese..

Virtually all your multinational companies are white yet the majority of the country is black... hmmm

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by nwoke37: 4:05am On Jun 08, 2018
Jayceon:
Ya'll still shifting the posts in 2018 and blaming the lack of advancement on the fact you don't have white population? grin grin

foreigners as well as diaspora have been key to development in many countries... Like America with industrialization, Chinese as well, etc
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by nwoke37: 4:07am On Jun 08, 2018
jaycent:
Beautiful Nigeria

nice pics, Lagos, one day will rival Shanghai

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by gallivant: 4:30am On Jun 08, 2018
nwoke37:

foreigners as well as diaspora have been key to development in many countries... Like America with industrialization, Chinese as well, etc

Excuses. Dangoteland is not a shithole because of lack of foreigners, far from it. undecided
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 4:40am On Jun 08, 2018
Nowenuse:

Kenyans are being fascinated by malls while Nigerians are being fascinated by online shopping.

Which is more modern?

Nigeria leads Africa, and is ranked 3rd in the world in population of people who shop online.

https://guardian.ng/business-services/nigeria-leads-south-africa-others-in-online-shopping/amp

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/07/nigeria-ranks-3rd-online-mobile-shopping/amp/

Now I can see you are confused. Shopping malls is infrastructure while shopping online most of the savers are not even based in nigeria. Nigerians do not go to malls or banks because it is not safe.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by gallivant: 4:44am On Jun 08, 2018
nwoke37:

The primary countries investing in Nigeria are the United States, China, and the Netherlands... get your facts rights
https://en.portal.santandertrade.com/establish-overseas/nigeria/investing

While the South African companies [/b]that invested in Nigeria were busy closing down shop because of the recession.. and those companies were owned by white people... Where are the black [b] South African multinational companies ? Nigerian multinational companies are black owned.. Here in Nigeria the richest man is black while in South Africa the richest man is white

South African companies are South African whether black, white or orange. You have no arguments.

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 4:50am On Jun 08, 2018
gallivant:

Excuses. Dangoteland is not a shithole because of lack of foreigners, far from it. undecided

Yes nigeria is a shithole because are citizens only want crime in lagos 6 out of 10 people are cultist. So how do you want people to invest in the country.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by gallivant: 4:56am On Jun 08, 2018
nwoke37:

I don't disagree with blacks having shares... but the main concept i was talking about is that these companies were founded by foreigners, Indians in Kenya, and Whites in South Africa. Technically it's not bad, cuz in the end you guys have a more advanced system while countries like Nigeria will have to catch up.. But in the end it'll be Nigerian indigenous companies that will fill the space foreigners in Kenya and South Africa have done

Because we had Indians and whites? You wreak of an inferiority complex to whites and Indians. You are not only stupid but very insecure. What about other simple advancements like proper city planning, clean cities, tapped water, 24hr electricity etc should we also thank the whites and Indians? You are a simpleton.

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by kikuyu1(m): 5:05am On Jun 08, 2018
sufferNsmiling:

Yes nigeria is a shithole because are citizens only want crime in lagos 6 out of 10 people are cultist. So how do you want people to invest in the country.

Pls explain this cultism thing! I've seen crime cults and uni cults mentioned here and I shuddered! Omfg,the demonic poo they do. What was their original cultural role if any? In the old days were they always involved in crime or is that recent? I'VE NEVER HEARD OF ANYTHING SIMILAR ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD.
Pls expound, sir cause cultism defines Dangotelands social structure.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jay254(m): 7:05am On Jun 08, 2018
Jayceon:
The richest man in Nigeria is black because there are only blackies in Nigeria while SA is a multi-racial nation.Do you guys ever use something called a brain?

When you discuss with this Yahoo and Voodoo boys you get the feeling that they feel sad whites never settled in Naija..

Ooohh you have good infrastructure because of Oyibo,, ooooh your retail sector is because of oyibo.. Your cities are well planned because of oyibos?? This guys have low self-esteem.

At first I had the feeling Nigerians hate the white so bad so I went on Utube and watched Whites in the streets of Nigeria...

Am telling you it's urgly everyone stops and starts celebrating..Oyibo...oyiboo..oyibooo.. from the kids to the old grandparents..

I reflected back home and no one will care a bout a white person walking on the streets.

8 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by naijalander: 9:17am On Jun 08, 2018
NairobiWalker:

Lol................you didn't even realize the Kenyan pronunciation is the correct pronunciation. Load have mercy. grin grin grin

We both know that's not true. Keep deceiving yourself.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by MPSA(m): 9:21am On Jun 08, 2018
nwoke37:

First off Spar isn't South African.. It's a franchise with its headquarters in Netherlands...Spar was brought to NIgeria by an Indian-Nigerian, not South Africa. Nigeria has Stanbic IBTC(It was a merger between a South African and Nigerian bank)... Nigeria doesn't have pick and pay..Nigeria doesn't have jet mart, Golly where are you getting your facts..

Nigeria has several telecommunication brands.. MTN doesn't even control half the Nigerian market... It only controls 42%...

Doubt sab miller castle beer is popular in Nigeria... and lol its headquarters is in England...

All these brands are white brands.. where are the black multinationals?

OK, You don't have Pick and Pay, Mark my words, is coming very soon grin Tell me, What about Spur, Makhams, WoolWorths (aus-sa)Trueworths,PEP , Steers, Lastly! Stanbic is from south africa grin End of the story grin

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by naijalander: 9:21am On Jun 08, 2018
xaggar:

Thought u were all knowing.

Sort it out.

See this one.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp20182: 10:19am On Jun 08, 2018

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jonraid(m): 12:18pm On Jun 08, 2018
The Forbes top 2000 companies in the world.China and the US dominated this segment.

In Africa,SA leads the park, Nigeria comes second with with two companies then Kenya with only one company.

South African companies in the list are;

1.Standard Bank
2.First Rand
3.Sasol
4.Naspers
5.Sanlam
6.MTN Group
7.Shoprite Holdings
8.MMI Holdings
9.Remgro
10.RBM Holdings
11.Bid Corp

The Nigerian companies are Dangote Cement and Zenith Bank.The only Kenyan company featured was Safaricom with an estimated market valuation of 11.1 billion US dollars.

Who is the real giant of Africa? Us Kenyans with only a paltry 88billion dollars GDP could at least get recognition with Safaricom which only operates in Kenya and it's profits coming only from Kenyans.

I really expected Nigeria to go neck to neck with SA but wow!they disappointed! I still think that SA is miles above Nigeria.SA is more richer than Nigeria and that's a fact.

400 billion plus GDP? Really?

References(Links)

https://www.forbes.com/global2000/#7ce5d0c335d8

http://www.thecitizen.co.tz/News/1840340-4601472-1pbt70z/index.html

https://businesstech.co.za/news/business/250133/these-are-the-11-biggest-companies-in-south-africa/

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jonraid(m): 12:26pm On Jun 08, 2018
They mainly use their okadas! (motorcycles)
rvp20182:
Kenya second to South Africa in Uber active riders. Nigeria nowhere to be seen.
https://www.businessdailyafrica.com/corporate/companies/Uber-ranks-Kenya-second-biggest-market-in-Africa/4003102-4116644-uo5cq1/index.html
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by naijalander: 1:22pm On Jun 08, 2018
Where did you find these stats? 6 out of 10 Lagosians being cultists. Cultism died in the early 2000s. Again, where is all this trash tal coming from?

sufferNsmiling:

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by naijalander: 1:25pm On Jun 08, 2018
We don't these brands because we empower local brands before foreign brands. Nigeria's market is much less dominated by foreign brands when compared to Kenya. Your leaders are globalist sell outs. Who needs True Worths when there is Yaba market, who needs PEP (we do have PEP actually), who needs them when we have FoodCo.

MPSA:

OK, You don't have Pick and Pay, Mark my words, is coming very soon grin Tell me, What about Spur, Makhams, WoolWorths (aus-sa)Trueworths,PEP , Steers, Lastly! Stanbic is from south africa grin End of the story grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by jaycent(m): 2:07pm On Jun 08, 2018
nwoke37:

nice pics, Lagos, one day will rival Shanghai
thanks man..lagos is beautiful, and developing faster than nairobi.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by gallivant: 2:09pm On Jun 08, 2018
naijalander:
Where did you find these stats? 6 out of 10 Lagosians being cultists. Cultism died in the early 2000s. Again, where is all this trash tal coming from?

What's up with the cultism crap? I thought Nigerians were educated and enlightened.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by naijalander: 2:19pm On Jun 08, 2018
we are. Cults are just gangs, Nigeria does NOT have a gang epidemic.

gallivant:

What's up with the cultism crap? I thought Nigerians were educated and enlightened.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 2:25pm On Jun 08, 2018
Nowenuse:

Africa is really in trouble.
44% of internet subscribers in Africa are from Nigeria and we are just 15% of the continent's population? That really worrisome.
44% of Africa's internet subscribers from Nigeria alone? That's massive. I guess it's the reason these guys are angry here. The frustration of coming from an inconsequential land. grin

4 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 2:39pm On Jun 08, 2018
Nowenuse:

Hahaha, you got it right.
Kenyan women go as far as denouncing their nationality and claim to be Nigerians because of our 'big and hard' hard on. grin cheesy

Drunkeness of Chang'aa has rendered Kenyan men useless.
Can you blame the women? When the men are either drunk or glued to nairaland. And the "hard on" part, the way the Little Indian typed it,he must be seriously praying for one. But obviously he had been rendered useless by Chang' aa. See how serious they take the evil brew below: grin

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1844) (1845) (1846) (1847) (1848) (1849) (1850) ... (9933)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.