Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,710 members, 7,831,220 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:43 PM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (1850) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6228897 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1847) (1848) (1849) (1850) (1851) (1852) (1853) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jay254(m): 8:05pm On Jun 08, 2018
TayserMahiri:

Dude, fiber optic cables are in ALL counties of Kenya, even as far as Garissa and Turkana. They all have fiber optic cables. See the breakdown of which fiber lines pass where in map below. You can go to the site http://icta.go.ke/nofbi-transmission-network/ to zoom in and look for your favorite town Garissa.

Everywhere in Kenya there is fiber optic cables transmitting on average at a minimum of 13.7 megabits per second, twice as fast as the global average. Thousands and thousands of kilometers of fiber optic cables and this was done almost a decade ago.

Not just that, these days, the Kenya Power Co. (your nepa equivalent) is laying fiber optic cables on all new power transmission lines. Dude! Its called fibre-to-the-home services and is done via optical fiber cabling. Basically, the fibre optic cables are strung between the tops of all new high-voltage transmission lines combining the functions of grounding and communications. The Fibre optic cables are based on Optical POPGW cableilot Ground Wire (OPGW), with 48 optical fibres or cores. And the firm hopes to have this in all its power lines across the country.

That helps not just in connecting more Kenyans to high speed broadband internet but will also be a revenue to them but most importantly, will ensure that they can gather information about their power transmission systems, such as which transmission lines are in service, the amount of power being carried, meter reading at interchange points, and status of equipment and alarms. Your Nepa will need a century to achieve this kind of vision and efficiency.

https://www.the-star.co.ke/news/2018/01/12/fibre-optic-cable-in-place-in-all-counties_c1696673

https://www.ketraco.co.ke/learn/optical-fibre-cable.html

Just remind the fool, the list says Kenya has one of the highest internet speed in the world,It does not say Nairobi.

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 8:10pm On Jun 08, 2018
naijalander:

Your dumb a$$ stillaint getting it.

Again I ask, why does it matter how it is pronounced ?
You Kenyans are sexist, classist and elitist fucktards with low self esteem, you wishou could be as cool as us.

Of all things in the world why would anyone wish to be Nigerian? lol. Low self esteem white man butlicking boastful morons who can't even realize people are making fools of them.

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by jaycent(m): 8:15pm On Jun 08, 2018
Kaii grin Lasgidi gan grin

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 8:22pm On Jun 08, 2018
Jay254:

Just remind the fool, the list says Kenya has one of the highest internet speed in the world,It does not say Nairobi.

It will take years for these folks to comprehend the level of advances Kenya has made. He thinks fast internet is only in Nairobi when someone is Garissa is most likely browsing faster than him.

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by gallivant: 9:00pm On Jun 08, 2018
Nowenuse:

What the hell do you mean by to savers are not based in Nigeria?
Most of the products available in Nigerian online markets are from Nigeria.

Assuming Dangotelanders prefer online shopping, how do they get the purchased goods delivered in Makoko?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by gallivant: 9:09pm On Jun 08, 2018
obaaderemi:
That's to show you Little Indians can only see things in black and white. They don't know that details are hidden in grey areas. What do you expect from people who owe Indians, whites,Arabs, Somalis and Nigerians for the significant things in their countries.

Oyibo this, oyibo that? Somalia and Nigeria are failed states, what can you teach us? What can alshabaab and boko haram teach us?

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 9:11pm On Jun 08, 2018
gallivant:

Assuming Dangotelanders prefer online shopping, how do they get the purchased goods delivered in Makoko?

For areas that may not be safe or easily accessible, there must be a delivery point very close by which is safer, accessible and still quite close enough...

Ditch your preference of malls. Online shopping is the future and the way to go....
For someone like me, I hate wasting my time going to malls to shop! Some people are too busy for things like that and that's where online shopping comes in handy...
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 9:19pm On Jun 08, 2018
TayserMahiri:

It will take years for these folks to comprehend the level of advances Kenya has made. He thinks fast internet is only in Nairobi when someone is Garissa is most likely browsing faster than him.
Jay254:

There is nowhere in your links that prove that the entire Kenya enjoy the kind of speeds you are boasting about... I went through your links.

The project is commendable but it still needs a lot of work to achieve all that you list.
Besides, fibre optic cables have a limited distance coverage... They are only situated in your major towns and we know that Kenyans are overwhelmingly rural... So, it can never benefit up to half of your population, perhaps only a quarter of the population when it works to full capacity.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by gallivant: 9:27pm On Jun 08, 2018
Nowenuse:

For areas that may not be safe or easily accessible, there must be a delivery point very close by which is safer, accessible and still quite close enough...

So what's the point, malls are safe delivery points with fun things to do. Way better than yaba market. Anyway, Nigerians shopping online was a cop out because malls and other widely accepted concepts and norms are alien to you. Stick to your cults and voodoo. Online shopping my butt.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by jaycent(m): 9:27pm On Jun 08, 2018
More more more Lasgidi grin

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:38pm On Jun 08, 2018
Nowenuse:

There is nowhere in your links that prove that the entire Kenya enjoy the kind of speeds you are boasting about... I went through your links.

The project is commendable but it still needs a lot of work to achieve all that you list.
Besides, fibre optic cables have a limited distance coverage... They are only situated in your major towns and we know that Kenyans are overwhelmingly rural... So, it can never benefit up to half of your population, perhaps only a quarter of the population when it works to full capacity.

1. The average internet speed in KENYA is faster than your country and at par with the developed world.

2. 85 % of Kenyans use the internet (compared to Nigeria's 50 %).

3. That means only 15 % of Kenyans are missing out (50 % for you)

4. The average speed in point 1 is for the whole country not for Nairobi or a few towns.

5. If you have a brain you know what that means.

6. But since you dont, the network I shared in the post is the backbone of the country.

7. Connections emanate from the backbone, not end there.

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by nwoke37: 10:01pm On Jun 08, 2018
Jay254:

Nairobi is twice Lagos Per Capita, I know you will refuse and denie as usual..

Let me break it down for you..

KENYA'S GDP currently is at $88b and Nairobi controls about 50% of that=$44b

Nairobi population is currently around 4.5Million people

When you make quick maths, Nairobi GDP per capita is over $10,000.

Twice lagos.

no stats to prove it... If only you had a source

Abuja barely controls a percentage of Nigeria's gdp but its gdp per capita is higher than the national per capita..
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by nwoke37: 10:07pm On Jun 08, 2018
TayserMahiri:

Dude, fiber optic cables are in ALL counties of Kenya, even as far as Garissa and Turkana. They all have fiber optic cables. See the breakdown of which fiber lines pass where in map below. You can go to the site http://icta.go.ke/nofbi-transmission-network/ to zoom in and look for your favorite town Garissa.

Everywhere in Kenya there is fiber optic cables transmitting on average at the very minimum 13.7 megabits per second, twice as fast as the global average. Thousands and thousands of kilometers of fiber optic cables and this was done almost a decade ago.

Not just that, these days, the Kenya Power Co. (your nepa equivalent) is laying fiber optic cables on all new power transmission lines. Dude! Its called fibre-to-the-home services and is done via optical fiber cabling. Basically, the fibre optic cables are strung between the tops of all new high-voltage transmission lines combining the functions of grounding and communications. The Fibre optic cables are based on Optical POPGW cableilot Ground Wire (OPGW), with 48 optical fibres or cores. And the firm hopes to have this in all its power lines across the country.

That helps not just in connecting more Kenyans to high speed broadband internet but will also be a revenue to them but most importantly, will ensure that they can gather information about their power transmission systems, such as which transmission lines are in service, the amount of power being carried, meter reading at interchange points, and status of equipment and alarms all in real time. Your Nepa will need a century to achieve this kind of vision and efficiency.

https://www.the-star.co.ke/news/2018/01/12/fibre-optic-cable-in-place-in-all-counties_c1696673

https://www.ketraco.co.ke/learn/optical-fibre-cable.html

Nigeria doesn't have NEPA... It's been gone for some time now
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by darfay: 10:10pm On Jun 08, 2018
gallivant:

So what's the point, malls are safe delivery points with fun things to do. Way better than yaba market. Anyway, Nigerians shopping online was a cop out because malls and other widely accepted concepts and norms are alien to you. Stick to your cults and voodoo. Online shopping my butt.

Nawa o so you even know yaba market someone from taraba state might not be aware if there is a market there you must be high on Nigeria well it's no surprise since you have been on Nairaland since 2010 (chai Agba) and yet you claim Nigeria is a failed state why don't you delete your account to buttress your point but no you can't live without Nairaland and Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by nwoke37: 10:13pm On Jun 08, 2018
gallivant:

Oyibo this, oyibo that? Somalia and Nigeria are failed states, what can you teach us? What can alshabaab and boko haram teach us?

That's why Nigeria has the richest black man. That's why other African counties thank Nigeria for sending teachers to them and even beg for more teachers.. That's why other African nations want Nigerian investments (especially cement).. The other day Tanzania was asking for more companies like Dangote to be established in Tanzania

I don't see Somalia having the richest African.. I don't see somalia sending teachers to other countries.. I don't see Somalia with multinational companies, .... etc

Things are bad in Nigeria but definitely not as bad as Somalia
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by buceta: 10:13pm On Jun 08, 2018
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by nwoke37: 10:21pm On Jun 08, 2018
Jay254:

Nairobi is twice Lagos Per Capita, I know you will refuse and denie as usual..

Let me break it down for you..

KENYA'S GDP currently is at $88b and Nairobi controls about 50% of that=$44b

Nairobi population is currently around 4.5Million people

When you make quick maths, Nairobi GDP per capita is over $10,000.

Twice lagos.

I found a source....

The report, however, dismisses the common belief that Nairobi, the capital, has the highest concentration of Kenya’s wealth – having clocked a per capita wealth of $1,081 to finish in eighth position, one spot ahead of Mombasa with a GDP per capita of $935.

The report puts Nairobi’s share of Kenya’s GDP at 12.7 per cent, dispelling the notion that the city accounts for more than 60 per cent of national output.
https://www.businessdailyafrica.com/news/Nairobi-ranked-8th-on-World-Bank-list-of-rich--poor-counties--/539546-2951310-uotkygz/index.html

this was not too recent.. this report was done in 2015...

Nairobi has a long way to go in competing with Lagos
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by buceta: 10:25pm On Jun 08, 2018
You get discriminated against in your own capital

According to local media reports, a Chinese restaurant in the Kenyan capital Nairobi has adopted a rather unsavory practice. After 5 p.m., most African patrons are barred from entering the premises.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2015/03/24/this-chinese-restaurant-in-kenya-is-open-for-dinner-as-long-as-youre-not-african/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.0fd04f682d1f

Bantu Africans are just coons who are incapable of business and will take anything from foreigners. I don't like it when people lump West Africans: Nigerians Ghanaians, Senegalese with East Africans. We are very different from them mentally...
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by jaycent(m): 10:35pm On Jun 08, 2018
Lagos malls

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jay254(m): 10:42pm On Jun 08, 2018
nwoke37:

I found a source....

https://www.businessdailyafrica.com/news/Nairobi-ranked-8th-on-World-Bank-list-of-rich--poor-counties--/539546-2951310-uotkygz/index.html

this was not too recent.. this report was done in 2015...

Nairobi has a long way to go in competing with Lagos

Nairobi control greater percentage of the countries wealth. Too bad we do not have good source for the info.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by jaycent(m): 10:43pm On Jun 08, 2018
More malls

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by naijalander: 11:34pm On Jun 08, 2018
Kenyans are tribalistic and racist. They give each other labels like Bantu and Nilot. Who does that? In Nigeria, your either Yoruba, Igbo, etc. In Kenya, thy label each other Nilot and Bantu not Kikuyu or Luo - that is deep endemic racism.

NairobiWalker:

Of all things in the world why would anyone wish to be Nigerian? lol. Low self esteem white man butlicking boastful morons who can't even realize people are making fools of them.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by gallivant: 12:34am On Jun 09, 2018
naijalander:

Kenyans are tribalistic and racist. They give each other labels like Bantu and Nilot. Who does that? In Nigeria, your either Yoruba, Igbo, etc. In Kenya, thy label each other Nilot and Bantu not Kikuyu or Luo - that is deep endemic racism.

Bantu, Nilotes and cushite is a linguistic grouping. Luo, kikuyu is a tribe just like Yoruba,Igbo or Zulu.Your desperation is making you pull facts from where the sun don't shine. cry

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by gallivant: 12:36am On Jun 09, 2018
nwoke37:

Nigeria doesn't have NEPA... It's been gone for some time now

Great rebuttal only you didn't address any of his points lol

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by gallivant: 12:49am On Jun 09, 2018
nwoke37:

That's why Nigeria has the richest black man. That's why other African counties thank Nigeria for sending teachers to them and even beg for more teachers.. That's why other African nations want Nigerian investments (especially cement).. The other day Tanzania was asking for more companies like Dangote to be established in Tanzania

I don't see Somalia having the richest African.. I don't see somalia sending teachers to other countries.. I don't see Somalia with multinational companies, .... etc

Things are bad in Nigeria but definitely not as bad as Somalia

Oyibo this, Oyibo that. Dangote this, Dangote that? You are getting boring. Tanzania and Kenya kicked Dangote out. Nobody wants pidgin speaking teachers around their kids.

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by gallivant: 1:06am On Jun 09, 2018
jaycent:
Lagos malls

South African malls.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by gallivant: 1:10am On Jun 09, 2018
jaycent:
More malls

I see Game, Shoprite, Standard Chartered.....where are the Nigerian multinationals Nwoke was talking about? Too bad you can't sell Dangote cement in malls.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by nwoke37: 3:09am On Jun 09, 2018
gallivant:

I see Game, Shoprite, Standard Chartered.....where are the Nigerian multinationals Nwoke was talking about? Too bad you can't sell Dangote cement in malls.

Dangote is still in Tanzania.. Tanzania tried to get 16% of Dangote's assets in Tazanaia for free. Dangote never built a factory in Kenya

Ah I see you you haven't heard of Nigerian multinationals especially our banks..

GT bank
UBA
Access Bank
Zenith Bank
Union Bank of Nigeria
Diamond Bank

Some of those banks are even in Kenya... Guess what, they're black owned

We even have our own indigenous telecoms company that's multinational like MTN: It's called Globacom

Let's also not forget Jumia that's also in Kenya

Recently our tech companies are also going multinational

When it comes to Nigerian multinational companies, most of them are either banking or manufacturing(especially cement)

Just a day ago,
Earlier the Tanzanian High Commissioner underscored the presence and positive roles of Nigerian firms in his country, particularly in the manufacturing and banking sectors
Also,
The Tanzania envoy further conveyed the appreciation of the President of Zanzibar, which is a semi-autonomous region within Tanzania, to President Buhari for the deployment of 41 Nigerians teachers in the region under the Technical Aid Corps (TAC) programme of Federal Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
He said the teachers are doing very well and appealed for the deployment of more Nigerian teachers to Tanzania.

Source for both quotes: https://www.channelstv.com/2018/06/07/nigeria-to-strengthen-economic-ties-with-tanzania/

I wonder why Tanzania isn't asking Kenya for teachers... hmmm

Nigeria even has an aid program for lesser developed African countries, to send teachers to them...

Nigerians, feel free to add more multinational Nigerian companies
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 5:58am On Jun 09, 2018
Jay254:

When you discuss with this Yahoo and Voodoo boys you get the feeling that they feel sad whites never settled in Naija..

Ooohh you have good infrastructure because of Oyibo,, ooooh your retail sector is because of oyibo.. Your cities are well planned because of oyibos?? This guys have low self-esteem.

At first I had the feeling Nigerians hate the white so bad so I went on Utube and watched Whites in the streets of Nigeria...

Am telling you it's urgly everyone stops and starts celebrating..Oyibo...oyiboo..oyibooo.. from the kids to the old grandparents..

I reflected back home and no one will care a bout a white person walking on the streets.
They need to accept that their godly white man will NEVER return to Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 6:07am On Jun 09, 2018
nwoke37:

The majority of South Africa is black just like Nigeria.. It's been reported that Nigeria has 1 million Indians.. We have plenty of Lebanese too, as well as Chinese..

Virtually all your multinational companies are white yet the majority of the country is black... hmmm
Lebanese in Nigeria are foreigners while whites in South Africa have been citizens for centuries.

Given the history of South Africa,everyone with half a brain and that actually uses it know why most of the multinational companies are white.you on the other hand have no excuse as to why your giant is in a shîtty state

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Daejoyoung: 6:18am On Jun 09, 2018
darfay:

Nawa o so you even know yaba market someone from taraba state might not be aware if there is a market there you must be high on Nigeria well it's no surprise since you have been on Nairaland since 2010 (chai Agba) and yet you claim Nigeria is a failed state why don't you delete your account to buttress your point but no you can't live without Nairaland and Nigeria
lt's possible some of them are Nigerians though. How come he knows Yaba market?

(1) (2) (3) ... (1847) (1848) (1849) (1850) (1851) (1852) (1853) ... (9933)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.