Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,225 members, 7,836,096 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:44 PM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (1852) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6243999 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1849) (1850) (1851) (1852) (1853) (1854) (1855) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by blackboys: 11:20am On Jun 09, 2018
btw besides football which other sports are nigerians really good at coz i expect a country with 200m black pple to be sporty
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by blackboys: 11:28am On Jun 09, 2018
NairobiWalker:

Suit yourself. Nigerians mispronounce almost every English word they speak anyway. At least for Kenyans you could only find one.
i saw a davido interview and it was just juvenile

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by maidaboi(m): 11:31am On Jun 09, 2018
Nigeria the giant of africa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by maidaboi(m): 11:33am On Jun 09, 2018
blackboys:
btw besides football which other sports are nigerians really good at coz i expect a country with 200m black pple to be sporty
basketball
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by blackboys: 11:37am On Jun 09, 2018
maidaboi:
basketball
whats your position in world ranking?and again in football whats the ranking
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by blackboys: 11:39am On Jun 09, 2018
last human standing

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 11:45am On Jun 09, 2018
nwoke37:

Nigeria doesn't have NEPA... It's been gone for some time now

Meaning? You've officially done away with electricity?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Daejoyoung: 11:46am On Jun 09, 2018
blackboys:
i saw a davido interview and it was just juvenile
Do you actually mean you are impressed with the way Kenyans and Ugandans speak, or are you kidding me?l l always found East African accent ridiculous. l'm surprised you think you speak well or this must be a joke.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 11:51am On Jun 09, 2018
naijalander:

Kenyans are tribalistic and racist. They give each other labels like Bantu and Nilot. Who does that? In Nigeria, your either Yoruba, Igbo, etc. In Kenya, thy label each other Nilot and Bantu not Kikuyu or Luo - that is deep endemic racism.

You hardly find those labels in normal daily activity. They are just scholarly-linguistic labels just like Niger-Congo A for the tribes in Nigeria. Have you returned to Nigeria because you are sounding ever more slow by the day?

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 11:57am On Jun 09, 2018
naijalander:

Yemi Alade does not have sense. How can she commit this blunder, apostle must hear this. Not only is she wrong, this statement also lacks factual truth, how does Kenyan culture have more depth than Nigerian culture?

*sigh*

The word is versatile. All of the Nigerians wear the same clothing like in conservative Muslim countries so the whole country is one uniform mess. Your country looks like a military camp or a primary school. Kenya is the opposite, people wear differently from traditional to modern to everything. Thats versatility.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Daejoyoung: 12:02pm On Jun 09, 2018
rvp20182:
I thought Jumia was long sold to some German fund. Would you now call it white? The nature of modern commerce is such that there is no white or black - unless you're a retrogressive Nigeria. Nothing stops a British fund or Nowergian fund from investing heavily in Nigeria companies. The problem with Nigeria is they are very retrogressive. You aint even out there seeking strategic partnership that can help you companies ran world-class - look at Kenya - KQ works with KLM - Safaricom with Vodafone - name it - those are not "whites" who've been in kenya for generation...those are MNC out there actively looking for business, partenrship and chance to expand. But if you sit and lament that RSA is far ahead because of some whites - then you're an incorrigible idiot.
There's no evidence Jumia was sold to any German fund, at least l've never heard of that. What l know is that the founders are no longer the CEO's .
Strategic partnership is good, but the point is without strategic partnership from whites where are the black African businesses globally? We need partnership but we must first of all learn to be independent to an extent. Where was Safaricom before Vodafone took over in 2000? Look at Jumia, even at 2014, they were already getting big on the continent and not just Nigeria. That's what I'm talking about, what can Kenyans make global without the whites' strategic partnership?

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 12:05pm On Jun 09, 2018
rvp20182:
Safaricom was not developed by whites - Kenya's black Telkom started Safaricom and ran it for 3yrs - before offering strategic shareholding of 40% to Vodafone. You ideas about black or whites are retrogressive and sickening. Right now Nigeria should be busy attracting MNC & creating MNC - those MNCS are listed - and are owned by anybody & everybody. For example Vodafone is not "white" - you can buy it shares - the same with Dangote or Zenith.

Basically don't look for excuses - just work hard to have more Nigeria MNC or large companies like Safaricom that operate exclusively in Kenya & still made the cut.Nigeria should be busy attracting FDIS - China was not colonized by whites - but US & European companies rush there to invest. Nigeria has no excuse why it's not attracting FDIS - that would help make more of their companies make the cut.

These guys are so backward minded. Something as simple as strategic partnership escapes them. Thats why running something like a national airline is rocket science to them. Because in their shallow brains, if its not Dangote then fvck it, let the airline collapse!

4 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jonraid(m): 12:18pm On Jun 09, 2018
I think the designs of the houses in Kenya is way better, not huge monstrous dull inselbergs they call homes in Naija-look at these pictures from Mbagathi ridge! The more trees and lawn, the richer you are I think!

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by blackboys: 12:27pm On Jun 09, 2018
Daejoyoung:

Do you actually mean you are impressed with the way Kenyans and Ugandans speak, or are you kidding me?l l always found East African accent ridiculous. l'm surprised you think you speak well or this must be a joke.
kenyan accent is way better.if its english its good english if its swahili its way better.well watch ur president talk and uhuru talk.even try their vice presidents
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Daejoyoung: 12:29pm On Jun 09, 2018
blackboys:
kenyan accent is way better.if its english its good english if its swahili its way better.well watch ur president talk and uhuru talk.even try their vice presidents
My President doesn't speak like many Nigerians. Well l do not find Kenyan accent pleasing to the ear, but if you find it pleasing then good for you.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Daejoyoung: 12:34pm On Jun 09, 2018
Here's Bovi again mimicking Obama's accent.
cc Taysermahiri, blackboys et al.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fH9bf4P8R28
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jonraid(m): 12:44pm On Jun 09, 2018
Real Estate Kenya

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Daejoyoung: 12:53pm On Jun 09, 2018
Taysermahiri, blackboys, here's Basketmouth in Tanzania and Kenya and Kenyans loving the Nigerian accent... Note that with pidgin the joke comes to life but even with English, he is still articulate. Do you have Kenyan comedians who can make West Africans laugh by speaking just English?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fs_eF49kaok

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jonraid(m): 1:22pm On Jun 09, 2018
Were they laughing at the joke or accent, it is probably both. We find your accent funny! He comes here often because he is invited, comedy is a big money business here. We even invite Ugandan comedians, where's the big deal?
Daejoyoung:
Taysermahiri, blackboys, here's Basketmouth in Tanzania and Kenya and Kenyans loving the Nigerian accent... Note that with pidgin the joke comes to live but even with English, he is still articulate. Do you have Kenyan comedians who can make West Africans laugh by speaking just English?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fs_eF49kaok
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jonraid(m): 1:26pm On Jun 09, 2018
Eric Omondi can make Aussies laugh, I'm yet to know of Nigerians!
Jonraid:
Were they laughing at the joke or accent, it is probably both. We find your accent funny! He comes here often because he is invited, comedy is a big money business here. We even invite Ugandan comedians, where's the big deal?

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Daejoyoung: 1:29pm On Jun 09, 2018
Jonraid:
Really?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by nwoke37: 1:34pm On Jun 09, 2018
Jayceon:
Lebanese in Nigeria are foreigners while whites in South Africa have been citizens for centuries.

Given the history of South Africa,everyone with half a brain and that actually uses it know why most of the multinational companies are white.you on the other hand have no excuse as to why your giant is in a shîtty state

Lebanese in Nigeria have here for a long time, some spanning 3 generations ago...

When you consider that Nigeria had military dictatorships, and massive corruption and then maybe you'll understand why Nigeria is in its current state
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Daejoyoung: 1:35pm On Jun 09, 2018
Jonraid:
Jonraid if I'm right, this is the Eric Omondi you're talking about, he doesn't look confident, and even had to speak some Swahili at a time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKW9RBedJNc
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jonraid(m): 1:39pm On Jun 09, 2018
Kenyan comedians rarely use an accent that can make us laugh,maybe they would when they are mimicking a politician. We just laugh at the raw jokes, not the accent. His main target audience has all been Kenyans tbf, we just love mixing English and Swahili. I got to say the way Trevor Noah does it is so marvellous, the best one in Africa in standup comedy I'd say!
Daejoyoung:

Are you sure he can amuse Ghanians or Liberians with his accent?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jonraid(m): 1:43pm On Jun 09, 2018
Those must be Kenyans from London I suppose, you don't have to jump, run,squeak so as to show having confidence. As long as your audience get your flow,it's alright!
Daejoyoung:

Jonraid if I'm right, this is the Eric Omondi you're talking about, he doesn't look confident, and even had to speak some Swahili at a time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKW9RBedJNc
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jonraid(m): 1:56pm On Jun 09, 2018
Good one from the boys, Kenya ends Fiji unbeaten run of 27 games by beating them 22-19.Next match is against Samoa!Raw physical power from the boys!

https://www.facebook.com/worldrugby7s/videos/10155287806546046/

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 2:03pm On Jun 09, 2018
kikuyu1:

Why do you insist when its been proved there are more Indians in Dangoteland,per capita and on the whole?

Ours are a 100k citizens!

There are estates and different places in Kenya that are dominated by Indians. Can you show me one single part of Nigeria dominated by Indians or Lebanese?
For a group to number 1 million in Nigeria, at least there must be areas dominated by them.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 2:09pm On Jun 09, 2018
NairobiWalker:

How many Nigerians do online shopping seriously? In Kenya, from the peasant farmer in a remote village to the slum dweller in Kibera to the filthy rich in Muthaiga, everyone shops in malls. We can confidently be proud of malls. Online shopping is something that less than 1% of Nigerians use regularly - not always but regularly. In Kenya, many people buy in malls always. It's stupid to compare malls in Kenya with online shopping in Nigeria.

Stop being a cheap and unreasonable hater.

Read the links below and see the population of Nigerians shopping online... The world now recognizes the power of our online shopping population and you are here typing rubbish.
If Nigerians were not shopping online in crazily huge numbers then our online shopping companies wouldn't have been so rich to the extent of coming to dominate your own Kenyan market..

https://guardian.ng/business-services/nigeria-leads-south-africa-others-in-online-shopping/amp

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/07/nigeria-ranks-3rd-online-mobile-shopping/amp/
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by jaycent(m): 3:04pm On Jun 09, 2018
Jonraid:
I think the designs of the houses in Kenya is way better, not huge monstrous dull inselbergs they call homes in Naija-look at these pictures from Mbagathi ridge! The more trees and lawn, the richer you are I think!
Dude you have nothing on Nigeria! Post beautiful house like this ones.

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 3:08pm On Jun 09, 2018
Daejoyoung:

Safaricom is state owned but it is what it is today due to the influence of Vodafone, it has been hugely developed by whites, am l wrong?

You are certainly correct bro. Safaricom can never be compared to Globacom that was started from the scratch and 100% owned by a black man.

That was how Kenyans here refused to let us breathe because of Mpesa, only for them to be disgraced openly here that Mpesa was the idea of a foreigner. Since then they have kept it shut in shame.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 3:13pm On Jun 09, 2018
gallivant:

Oyibo this, oyibo that? Somalia and Nigeria are failed states, what can you teach us? What can alshabaab and boko haram teach us?
A company founded by Nigerians owns Telkom Kenya. Gtbank Nigeria bought one of your banks and is helping you grow it. Your women watch Nollywood to acquire fashion sense. You the men entertain yourselves with nairaland. The list is endless. cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 3:18pm On Jun 09, 2018
Daejoyoung:

It's just the truth. Jumia for example, is a Nigerian enterprise. lf foreign companies get's involved and makes it one of the top 200 global brands, it would be hypocritical to deny this.
lt is not very easy for the black man to sell his brand globally. Not even easy for whites who do not have access to world power and peiviledge. When you understand this, you'll see why Africans must try to grow from within by first promoting home grown indigenous enterprises and satisfying the indigenous market and taste before anything else.

1. Safaricom does not sell globally. It's services are strictly within the boundaries of Kenya.

2. Jumia is no longer owned by Nigerians but foreigners now despite the fact that you guys keep bragging about it. You low self-esteem drives you to study how big companies in other African countries are successful because of the white man so much that you forget your own companies are worse.

3. If you really believe the part in bold then it's absurd how you keep rubbishing development from other African countries as driven by foreigners.

4. The part in bold is a manifestation of your low self-esteem. You don't need a white man to sell your product in Africa. You guys need self-esteem classes.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1849) (1850) (1851) (1852) (1853) (1854) (1855) ... (9933)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.