Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,898 members, 7,834,982 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 11:40 PM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (1950) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6241801 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1947) (1948) (1949) (1950) (1951) (1952) (1953) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by jaycent(m): 10:45am On Jun 23, 2018
gallivant:

So yes or no?
answer my question first..show any celebrity in your country that can stand wizkid in anytin

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jonraid(m): 11:05am On Jun 23, 2018
Who is wizkid? An actor?
jaycent:
answer my question first..show any celebrity in your country that can stand wizkid in anytin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jonraid(m): 11:18am On Jun 23, 2018
Ordinary Kenyans can,why celebrities? This is Steve Mbogo!
jaycent:

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jonraid(m): 11:40am On Jun 23, 2018
Jaguar-Kenya

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jonraid(m): 11:59am On Jun 23, 2018
Lupita Nyong'o-Kenya

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by darfay: 12:01pm On Jun 23, 2018
Jonraid:

We talking about celebrities you are bringing business men. Those he have a private jet because Davido has
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Derrick360: 12:20pm On Jun 23, 2018
Business men can't be celebrities?
darfay:

We talking about celebrities you are bringing business men. Those he have a private jet because Davido has
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Derrick360: 12:35pm On Jun 23, 2018
Let me add to what Jonraid has done by bringing in politicians!

The Governor of Mombasa,Hassan Ali Joho

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Derrick360: 12:59pm On Jun 23, 2018
The Governor of Nairobi County! Mike Mbuvi Sonko

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Derrick360: 1:10pm On Jun 23, 2018
Esther Passaris-Nairobi Women Representative!

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Derrick360: 1:23pm On Jun 23, 2018
President Kenyatta

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Derrick360: 1:28pm On Jun 23, 2018
Buddies?

Uhuru and Ramaphosa

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 3:44pm On Jun 23, 2018
Derrick360:
Let me add to what Jonraid has done by bringing in politicians!

The Governor of Mombasa,Hassan Ali Joho

Are you guys not ashamed to be showing us thieves who are stealing the government money of Kenya?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 3:51pm On Jun 23, 2018
Jonraid:
Jaguar-Kenya

Jaguar can never be juxtaposed with the likes of Nigeria's Davido and Wizkid etc. His music is very very wack!
How many views does his music get on youtube or how many international awards has he won?
Can his net worth be compared to that of Nigeria's A list singers?
Even Tiwa Savage is richer than him. Hahaha

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NigeriaIsDoomed: 3:55pm On Jun 23, 2018
My man Dafido grin

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NigeriaIsDoomed: 3:57pm On Jun 23, 2018
Wizkid.......

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jun 23, 2018
rvp2018:
Lies and insults are not substitute of facts and sound argument. We have higher cement consumption per capita (around >150 kilos) than Nigeria somewhere around (130). Kenya is also not a small irrelevant country - whatever that means - but are certainly the biggest dog in regionally - with Nairobi the most important city outside JoBurg in Sub-Saharan Africa.

Kenya is light years ahead of nigeria. in nigeria we have sea and ocean even in lagos but we import 700 million us dollar off fish every year is this a country or a dream. Even ethiopia and zimbabwe which are landlocked do not import fish.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by nwoke37: 4:08pm On Jun 23, 2018
rvp2018:
Lies and insults are not substitute of facts and sound argument. We have higher cement consumption per capita (around >150 kilos) than Nigeria somewhere around (130). Kenya is also not a small irrelevant country - whatever that means - but are certainly the biggest dog in regionally - with Nairobi the most important city outside JoBurg in Sub-Saharan Africa.

Nairobi is not the biggest dog out side jo burg, It's between Cairo and Lagos
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by nwoke37: 4:11pm On Jun 23, 2018
rvp2018:
Officially Nigeria (Dangote) claims to export cement. And here they are importing cement.
A country can still import a product and still be an exporter... Perhaps the cement Nigeria imports are not the type Dangote produces... Nigeria is the largest producer of cement in Africa by far.. and it's cement capacity is currently enough for demand
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by nwoke37: 4:15pm On Jun 23, 2018
rvp2018:
Just share you figures. You consume around 18M tonnes per year for nearly 4 times our population(198M). We consume around 6M with 48M folks. Basic maths - you need to consume around 24M metric tonnes to catch kenya per capita

As for Lagos - it's pretty much irrelevant -coz you sit in francophone region - so Ibandan most likely has more kick than Lagos.

Nairobi is definitely the HQ of many multinationals in Africa, regional HQs of many embassies, the only UN HQ in developing world, the financial center of SSA outside South Africa, the regional Airport hub (with Joburg & Adis Ababa), etc.

That thread at SkyeScraperCity that rans 42 pages - has list of companies that have chosen Nairobi to be their regional if global HQ (like Oxfam recently did - moving their international HQ to Nairobi from London).

https://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1559138&page=42

When you said Nairobi is the financial center of Sub Saharan Africa after Jo'burg.. i knew u were joking... Maybe Nairobi is the financial center of Eastern Africa but not Sub Saharan Africa..
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jun 23, 2018
kikuyu1:

SufferNsmiling,thanks for those receipts! We still don't see enough hard data but frankly,I'm not even arguing about Dangotelands true GDP anymore. Ofc,some will insist those Zambian looking import stats are those of a proud half trillion dollar economy and I couldn't even pretend to give an eff!

It is impossible to get correct data in nigeria really impossible because 1 most of the products are smuggling in.2 big government officials bring product into nigeria with out paying anything or with no papers or reference.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by jaycent(m): 4:16pm On Jun 23, 2018
Jonraid:
Even your president can't stand wizkid. Hahahahaha.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by nwoke37: 4:22pm On Jun 23, 2018
rvp2018:
Just share you figures. You consume around 18M tonnes per year for nearly 4 times our population(198M). We consume around 6M with 48M folks. Basic maths - you need to consume around 24M metric tonnes to catch kenya per capita

As for Lagos - it's pretty much irrelevant -coz you sit in francophone region - so Ibandan most likely has more kick than Lagos.

Nairobi is definitely the HQ of many multinationals in Africa, regional HQs of many embassies, the only UN HQ in developing world, the financial center of SSA outside South Africa, the regional Airport hub (with Joburg & Adis Ababa), etc.

That thread at SkyeScraperCity that rans 42 pages - has list of companies that have chosen Nairobi to be their regional if global HQ (like Oxfam recently did - moving their international HQ to Nairobi from London).

https://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1559138&page=42

You just proved Nigeria is self-sufficient in cement production... Nigeria produces wayyy more than 18m tonnes of cement...
And just for reference what is the cement consumption per capita in USA

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by nwoke37: 4:23pm On Jun 23, 2018
rvp2018:
The answer is obviously NAY - this plant was designed and built in 70s & 80s - and we are in 2020 - that nearly 50yrs - that is just a rust belt - I bet Nigeria can go to US and buy themselves something that is not as rusted as Ajaukota stillborn steal plant.

The more important equipment undergoes regular servicing...
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 4:25pm On Jun 23, 2018
obaaderemi:
This thread has exposed Little India beyond repair. Every problem Nigeria and other African countries suffer from is there in Kenya. Even if 70% of Nigeria is in poverty (which is not the case) the remaining 30% is still 60m which is far far far ahead of Kenya's total population. That's a huge market and a lot of leverage.What I find surprising is how a big country like Nigeria can beat a small country like Little India in cement consumption per capita. It's like comparing Chile and Brazil. No matter how you look at it, Nigeria will always be Africa's most relevant country. I guess that's the source of bitterness coming from the Little Indian pigs here.grin grin The pain of coming from a small poor and irrelevant country.

Thank you very much.

One thing I'm still yet to understand though is 'why the hell is life so expensive in Kenya compared to Nigeria'?

About 2 years ago, Nigeria's economy fell into recession and the price of many goods and services in the country doubled since our currency value fell almost 100%.

Kenya has almost caught up with Nigeria in terms of income per capital (nominal), but in terms of income per capital (ppp), Nigeria is still far ahead of Kenya. Why the hell is this so?

Kenyans here boast of a greater self sufficiency than Nigeria and laugh at us for importing almost everything. Why then is the cost of living in Kenya almost twice that of Nigeria? (judging by the closeness of our nominal income per capitals against the wideness in gap of our ppp income per capitals).

Kikuyu1, gallivant, NairobiWalker, mtis, Jonraid, TayserMahiri et al.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by jaycent(m): 4:27pm On Jun 23, 2018
Jonraid:
Jaguar-Kenya
If i show you picture of hush puppy, the ambasador of gucci product, you will know that jaguar abi jagua jagua own is just a joke.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by nwoke37: 4:29pm On Jun 23, 2018
rvp2018:
8B dollars importing refined Oil - is reason why Nigeria to me will remain forever hopeless. If you cannot refine oil that god has given you - then country is cursed. Cursed with pathetic leadership.

Dangote is building the largest single-line refinery in the world(It'll be ready next yr)... more than the the current consumption of fuel in the country... so he's exporting too, maybe to Kenya.. Good thing about the Dangote refinery is that it's a private project, not a government project

Nigeria does have refineries to exceed current consumption but corruption and vested interests led to the decay of them and for some reason they can't undergo renewal...
Same reason Nigeria doesn't produce enough electricity... The second to last government supposedly spent $16 billion on electricity... We've seen little improvement since then..

Corruption is the cancer of a nation

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 4:30pm On Jun 23, 2018
It actually is. First you guys need to remove forex controls before anybody serious can bring their money there to Lagos. Nairobi is the financial center of Sub-Sahara Africa outside South Africa.

As you speak I think we have passed a law that makes Nairobi an INTERNATIONAL financial center - We established Nariobi International finance trade center- so this is not IDLE talk.

http://www.fsdafrica.org/newsite/project/nifca-onshore-financial-services/

The Nairobi International Finance Center - will be officially established in upper-hill after we pass laws to make it a tax haven - but right now Nairobi is already the financial center of SSA outside Joburg & Mauritus.

nwoke37:

When you said Nairobi is the financial center of Sub Saharan Africa after Jo'burg.. i knew u were joking... Maybe Nairobi is the financial center of Eastern Africa but not Sub Saharan Africa..
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 4:31pm On Jun 23, 2018
obaaderemi:
The nonsense about whizkid is the only thing they can hold on to following the shame they suffered after the super eagles made them cry at the world cup. The shameless Kibera pigs. grin. For them to be rooting for an European team against an African team because of this stupid thread shows the thread is really paining them. grin grin

Exactly. Kenyans are really taking this thread very personal.
People like TayserMahiri must be on drugs right now due to the heartache and high blood pressure they are feeling since their white skinned masters could not beat us yesterday grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 4:32pm On Jun 23, 2018
I am talking latest figures...2016 it was around 20M..last year ...18m..and dropping.
nwoke37:

You just proved Nigeria is self-sufficient in cement production... Nigeria produces wayyy more than 18m tonnes of cement...
And just for reference what is the cement consumption per capita in USA

(1) (2) (3) ... (1947) (1948) (1949) (1950) (1951) (1952) (1953) ... (9933)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.