Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,939 members, 7,835,130 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:26 AM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (1953) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6242252 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1950) (1951) (1952) (1953) (1954) (1955) (1956) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by darfay: 10:45pm On Jun 23, 2018
gallivant:

1968: Heroes welcome for the Olympic team on the streets of Nairobi

Were you born den
Museum material
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by gallivant: 10:48pm On Jun 23, 2018
mtis:

They were chopping each other's heads..biafra war grin grin

grin grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by gallivant: 10:49pm On Jun 23, 2018
darfay:

Were you born den
Museum material

Zoo material.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Daejoyoung: 11:06pm On Jun 23, 2018
rvp2018:
You won against Iceland - 200M country against Iceland with 0.3M people. You do not even feel ashamed? wait until Nigiria win against Argentina and advance to group stage before bragging here. KQ is ready to bring your team back home.
How does population play a role in football? When you think it suits your arguement, you use Nigeria's population as a yardstick against her, when we bring up the topic of population to show why we have a lower HDI (0.52) to Kenya (0.55), you say we are making excuses.
FYI, lndia, China, USA are way more populated than Nigeria and they didn't even qualify for this World Cup.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Daejoyoung: 11:07pm On Jun 23, 2018
rvp2018:
Apart from his English - SufferNSmilling is a rare Nigerian. You guys need more of him. Honest people who can tell you the kind of mess your country is. As for him being Kenyan - that is rich smiley No sane kenyan will want to be associated with Nigeria.
He is a Kenyan.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by jaycent(m): 11:37pm On Jun 23, 2018
Daejoyoung:

How does population play a role in football? When you think it suits your arguement, you use Nigeria's population as a yardstick against her, when we bring up the topic of population to show why we have a lower HDI (0.52) to Kenya (0.55), you say we are making excuses.
FYI, lndia, China, USA are way more populated than Nigeria and they didn't even qualify for this World Cup.
These people matter just tire me i swear...dem sabi bring excuse come no be small...wettin com concern population with foothball...abi na population play the ball ne. I no just understand this kenyans i swear.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by gallivant: 11:43pm On Jun 23, 2018
jaycent:
These people matter just tire me i swear...dem sabi bring excuse come no be small...wettin com concern population with foothball...abi na population play the ball ne. I no just understand this kenyans i swear.

Great Nigerians, how many medals in 68?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by nwoke37: 11:56pm On Jun 23, 2018
Does Kenya have any smartphone assembly plant?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 5:37am On Jun 24, 2018
gallivant:

We are ranked no 1 sporting nation in Africa. Read below and stop talking from your ass.

Football is the king of sports. If you are not there you are nowhere. I know it hurts you your country can not play football. That's your tough luck. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 5:45am On Jun 24, 2018
rvp2018:
I see you long lost any semblance of sobriety. Kenya is one of the greatest sporting nations of the world - not Africa. Our indians do well representing us in Cricket - all the way to world level.

According to this website - that ranks great sporting nations across all discipline - Kenya is at position 19 globally (RANKED NO 1 in AFRICA) - and Nigeria at position 90(13 in Africa)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.greatestsportingnation.com/Country/nigeria
http://www.greatestsportingnation.com/Country/kenya

List of qualifying events
http://www.greatestsportingnation.com/tournament/all

Take it or leave it. Football is the king of sports. If your country doesn't participate, then you are hurting silently. South Africa plays every other sports well but it doesn't joke with football. The same way ivory coast plays rugby better than you and still does well in football. One Olympic gold medal in football is worth ten medals in long distance race. grin Here is Jay Jay Okocha, teeing off the Nairobi Golf Open in 2017. Why didn't you invite one of your slender long distance runners nobody knows to tee off the golf open instead of a retired Nigerian footballer? No matter how hard you mask it, you are hurting Little India can't play the king of sports. I will too if I were in your shoes. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 5:47am On Jun 24, 2018
nwoke37:
Does Kenya have any smartphone assembly plant?
If they have one, it's going to be owned by an Indian. grin The black Kenyans are good only in long distance races.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 5:53am On Jun 24, 2018
rvp2018:
Just share you figures. You consume around 18M tonnes per year for nearly 4 times our population(198M). We consume around 6M with 48M folks. Basic maths - you need to consume around 24M metric tonnes to catch kenya per capita

As for Lagos - it's pretty much irrelevant -coz you sit in francophone region - so Ibandan most likely has more kick than Lagos.

Nairobi is definitely the HQ of many multinationals in Africa, regional HQs of many embassies, the only UN HQ in developing world, the financial center of SSA outside South Africa, the regional Airport hub (with Joburg & Adis Ababa), etc.

That thread at SkyeScraperCity that rans 42 pages - has list of companies that have chosen Nairobi to be their regional if global HQ (like Oxfam recently did - moving their international HQ to Nairobi from London).

https://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1559138&page=42

If cement production in Nigeria is 30m Metric T, how then can we consume just 18mMT if we are importing like you said earlier? Kenya on the other hand has seen massive decline in its cement consumption. You are now lower than 6m metric tonnes. 6 against 30 for Nigeria. Which one will you see as the dwarf?Of course, it's Kenya.grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 6:04am On Jun 24, 2018
Yungkid101:

Lol It's better to win Soccer World Cup than winning a World Cup in RUGBY (if it exists). Ronaldo and Messi has more fans than any Rugby players.
When they're talking of Soccer, don't mention Rugby.
Don't mind the piglet.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 6:12am On Jun 24, 2018
rvp2018:
You won against Iceland - 200M country against Iceland with 0.3M people. You do not even feel ashamed? wait until Nigiria win against Argentina and advance to group stage before bragging here. KQ is ready to bring your team back home.
jln115 :
New Zealand: 4.8 million..................yet they
dominate Rugby ?
Stupid comparison really!
You finally exposed your jealousy at the bolded. Argentina is now your hope against a fellow African team. All because of this thread? We really must be hurting you for you to go this low. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 7:05am On Jun 24, 2018
Daejoyoung:

Lagos has 31, Nigeria has 55, Kenya has 30. l dunno how many Nairobi have out of that 30.
Gosh, is it that Kenyans can't read or they all have eyefever on this thread?
Another tech hub just got birthed in Lagos. It is owned by Nigerians. grin Here is Vibranium Valley:
They just put up their office in Lagos.

Since inception 6 years ago, Venture Garden Group
has quietly grown 6 fully owned entities focused on
leveraging technology to create African solutions to
African problems. In the past 2 years, the company
has invested in 14 fintech-enabled companies
across Nigeria and our early stage deployed capital
has yielded over 5.6x portfolio returns and it is just
getting started.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by theenchanter: 7:37am On Jun 24, 2018
obaaderemi:
Another tech hub just got birthed in Lagos. It is owned by Nigerians. grin Here is Vibranium Valley:
They just put up their office in Lagos.

Since inception 6 years ago, Venture Garden Group
has quietly grown 6 fully owned entities focused on
leveraging technology to create African solutions to
African problems. In the past 2 years, the company
has invested in 14 fintech-enabled companies
across Nigeria and our early stage deployed capital
has yielded over 5.6x portfolio returns and it is just
getting started.
I just love the codelagos program by Lagos state government, it is geared towards training 1m primary n secondary school students by 2030 on coding, it'll turn out big since young, I mean very young guys are undergoing d training.

4 Nigerian states have adopted the strategy too, Edo launched it's innovation hub last two weeks in partnership with Microsoft n Siemens. Infact, Siemens signed another partnership with d innovation hub tagged hack Edo series . Nigeria should rank higher in tech in some years to come.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 7:40am On Jun 24, 2018
US $ China $ Kenya dont play Football that good but are still great sporting nations
obaaderemi:
Football is the king of sports. If you are not there you are nowhere. I know it hurts you your country can not play football. That's your tough luck. grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 7:42am On Jun 24, 2018
Kenya has rolled out digital literacy in all schools from primary 1.We are in process rolling out fiber to all schools
theenchanter:
I just love the codelagos program by Lagos state government, it is geared towards training 1m primary n secondary school students by 2030 on coding, it'll turn out big since young, I mean very young guys are undergoing d training.

4 Nigerian states have adopted the strategy too, Edo launched it's innovation hub last two weeks in partnership with Microsoft n Siemens. Infact, Siemens signed another partnership with d innovation hub tagged hack Edo series . Nigeria should rank higher in tech in some years to come.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 7:44am On Jun 24, 2018
Let get latest cement consumption n production and end the debate
obaaderemi:
If cement production in Nigeria is 30m Metric T, how then can we consume just 18mMT if we are importing like you said earlier? Kenya on the other hand has seen massive decline in its cement consumption. You are now lower than 6m metric tonnes. 6 against 30 for Nigeria. Which one will you see as the dwarf?Of course, it's Kenya.grin

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by theenchanter: 8:13am On Jun 24, 2018
rvp2018:
Kenya has rolled out digital literacy in all schools from primary 1.
oga, is everything competition to u? did I talked about Kenya in my post? Since u reek of inferiority complex, I'll show u d difference between ours n yours.

Ur digital literacy was initiated in 2013, its aim is to let Kenyan students learn d use of digital platforms like computer, smartphones, tablets and others, it's like learning with digital gadgets.

Ours is much different from urs because ours is inculcating coding, programming, artificial intelligence and others into d students.

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 8:26am On Jun 24, 2018
theenchanter:

I am sure those impressive strides are due to the great ingenuity of Nigerians. We don't take a backseat in our own country. 1 million kids! We will send some of them to Kenya in the future. grin

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 8:28am On Jun 24, 2018
rvp2018:
The onus is on you since you must compete with Tanzania and Nigeria to feel alive. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 8:35am On Jun 24, 2018
rvp2018:
US $ China $ Kenya dont play Football that good but are still great sporting nations
U.S and China play football and put a lot of money into it. Some big names play in the chinese league. China will be a force in football in ten years the way they are going.Both countries have been to the FIFA world cup. Please don't lump them up with your sorry Little India that can never qualify for neither football world cup nor rugby world cup. It's an unforgivable insult. grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by kikuyu2: 9:10am On Jun 24, 2018
rvp2018:

Mwenzangu,I've just seen somethings missing. We've established beyond doubt the Dangoteland GDP nominal,which is very easy to calculate. There are 2 broadly accurate figures of 1300-1400,or as their own Housing minister said,some 1130$ to our 1800$. What about GPD PPP per capita which some say is the more accurate measure ?
Everyone else Purchasing Power Parity attempts to account for local conditions.

[b]A rule of thumb for understanding GDP’s PPP and nominal is that PPP is how much of a local good (like real estate, labor, or locally grown produce) a person can buy in their country, [/b]and nominal is roughly how much of an internationally traded good (diamonds, DVD players, Snickers bars) a person can buy in their country.

Thus, developing countries tend to have a higher (better) PPP than nominal, while developed countries have higher nominal than PPP. You can get dinner for $10 or a DVD player for $100 in the US, or you can get dinner for $2 or a DVD player for $100 in China. If you compare a Chinese person making $20 a day to an American making $150 a day, the Chinese person is slightly poorer in dinners than the American (1/10 of income versus 1/15), but is a lot poorer in DVD players than the American (5x income versus 2/3 of income). See how that works?
https://applebutterdreams./the-difference-between-gdp-nominal-and-gdp-ppp/

On paper ours is 3500$ while Dangoteland's is I strongly suspect as hilariously inflated as everything else at 5900$.

[urlhttps://www.indexmundi.com/kenya/gdp_per_capita_(ppp).html][/url]

Care to give it a go?

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 9:34am On Jun 24, 2018
This thread let me remind you again is all about comparison btw NIGERIA & KENAY. Therefore I'll discuss or most likely rip apart anything you say with that in mind. I just hope to be objective. If you want to discuss the "plan" of training 1M nigerian to code...open another thread.

Now Oga - this code school thing - as of now - how many kids have they actually taught to learn to code. You see Nigeria and big expensive dreams are well know.

Our digital literacy program exists - we had to build infrastructure for it - electrify all public schools - include those in remote dry north - then we supplied all schools with tablets - with projectors & laptops for teachers - this is for all primary kids - starting from class 1. We have done the same thing - labs - for high schools. And now we are rolling out fiber.

theenchanter:
oga, is everything competition to u? did I talked about Kenya in my post? Since u reek of inferiority complex, I'll show u d difference between ours n yours.

Ur digital literacy was initiated in 2013, its aim is to let Kenyan students learn d use of digital platforms like computer, smartphones, tablets and others, it's like learning with digital gadgets.

Ours is much different from urs because ours is inculcating coding, programming, artificial intelligence and others into d students.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 9:39am On Jun 24, 2018
We also play soccer/football - and other sports - and we compete at international level in more sports. Our football is getting better - we now have couple of players playing proffesionally in Europe. We've sorted financing internally - Sport-Pesa & sport betting are now global players - so for first time we have domestic league where players are fully proffesional.

In perhaps the only sport you "excel" in you're ranked 48 in latest fifa (average 38) and kenya is ranked 112(average 101) - so basically you're as crap as we are here. You're only in world cup because Africa need to get 5 teams there.

Again let's talk football after your game with Argentina. You have won only 1 game against a country of 0.3M people.

obaaderemi:
U.S and China play football and put a lot of money into it. Some big names play in the chinese league. China will be a force in football in ten years the way they are going.Both countries have been to the FIFA world cup. Please don't lump them up with your sorry Little India that can never qualify for neither football world cup nor rugby world cup. It's an unforgivable insult. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:40am On Jun 24, 2018

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 9:46am On Jun 24, 2018
Kikuyu1 - I believe PPP cannot be use to compare countries against each other - because quality of a hair cut in Nairobi is not the same as in Lagos - for example a country like kenya that has very good service industry cannot compare to laggard like TZ- If you see the quality of good manufactured internally in Uganda - you simply cannot compare to kenya.

PPP is only useful internally for stuff like tracking poverty & internal/domestic indicators etc - therefore for this thread - anyone quoting PPP figures need to study econ 101 again.

kikuyu2:

Mwenzangu,I've just seen somethings missing. We've established beyond doubt the Dangoteland GDP nominal,which is very easy to calculate. There are 2 broadly accurate figures of 1300-1400,or as their own Housing minister said,some 1130$ to our 1800$. What about GPD PPP per capita which some say is the more accurate measure ?
Everyone else Purchasing Power Parity attempts to account for local conditions.

https://applebutterdreams./the-difference-between-gdp-nominal-and-gdp-ppp/

On paper ours is 3500$ while Dangoteland's is I strongly suspect as hilariously inflated as everything else at 5900$.

[urlhttps://www.indexmundi.com/kenya/gdp_per_capita_(ppp).html][/url]

Care to give it a go?

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by theenchanter: 9:50am On Jun 24, 2018
rvp2018:
This thread let me remind you again is all about comparison btw NIGERIA & KENAY. Therefore I'll discuss or most likely rip apart anything you say with that in mind. I just hope to be objective. If you want to discuss the "plan" of training 1M nigerian to code...open another thread.

Now Oga - this code school thing - as of now - how many kids have they actually taught to learn to code. You see Nigeria and big expensive dreams are well know.

Our digital literacy program exists - we had to build infrastructure for it - electrify all public schools - include those in remote dry north - then we supplied all schools with tablets - with projectors & laptops for teachers - this is for all primary kids - starting from class 1. We have done the same thing - labs - for high schools. And now we are rolling out fiber.

which kain level of inferiority complex be this ntori oloun U take this thread so hot that u couldn't even spell ur country correctly. I wasn't responding to u in d first place, my post had nothing to do with u in d first place but u took it personal as if u're being rewarded for every dumb post u make.

As I said earlier, ours n urs aren't d same.... Urs deals with digital literacy n ours deal with coding. smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 9:53am On Jun 24, 2018
First before we get to distinction - does yours exists? How many kids are learning to code as we speak.
theenchanter:
As I said earlier, ours n urs aren't d same.... Urs deals with digital literacy n ours deal with coding. smiley
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 10:00am On Jun 24, 2018
Actually checked the so called CodeLagos - this open competition for kids above 16yrs & above - basically university level. So far trained about 15k Lagosians out-of-school and they are hoping to roll out in schools this Dec 2018.

I am not sure what end goal is - of training everyone basic coding skills smiley

Something similar to kenya's Ajira - training kenyans for online work - including coding.

So far Kenya Digital Ajira has trained 40,000 plus kenyans...with a target of 1M kenyan working online in 2022.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NigeriaIsDoomed: 10:05am On Jun 24, 2018
obaaderemi:
The onus is on you since you must compete with Tanzania and Nigeria to feel alive. grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (1950) (1951) (1952) (1953) (1954) (1955) (1956) ... (9933)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.