Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,578 members, 7,847,440 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 05:32 PM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (2020) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6262109 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2017) (2018) (2019) (2020) (2021) (2022) (2023) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Kenyanstar: 11:00am On Jul 13, 2018
Fash20:
You guys are boasting with what you import. You enrich countries like china,us,japan,germany etc and you are proud of it.
The question Nigeria as a country and its citizens should be asking is:-
1. Why should Nigeria's population a liability instead of asset
The Nigerian population lacks a clear tax collection system in order to stop over dependency on oil revenue. The alternative of oil dependency could be internal revenue collection through revenue generated from its people as a resource.
2. What advantages can a big population have?
China has used their big population and high number of graduates as an asset by being a source of averagely cheap labor. Imagine if Nigeria turned its country as Africa's manufacturing hub with a free port it would be a world leader competing with China.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Kenyanstar: 11:04am On Jul 13, 2018
Jay254:

Yes Ghana is better but I believe Ivory Coast is way better.
Before the war Ivory coast was a so advanced and diverse in west Africa. It needs a visionary leader to return it to its former state.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by vaxx: 12:10pm On Jul 13, 2018
Jay254:

Yes Ghana is better but I believe Ivory Coast is way better.
Not true. there is not a single human development indicator that shows Cote d’Ivoire is doing better than Ghana. If you look at electricity for instance, just 30 per cent of Ivorians have access to electricity. 80.5 per cent of Ghanaians have access to electricity. If you look at water for instance, just about 30 per cent of Ivorians have access to water. At the end of this year, 85 per cent of Ghanaians will have access to water. Even Ghana outperform Kenya in this area.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by lawani: 12:27pm On Jul 13, 2018
Kenyanstar:

The Nigerian population lacks a clear tax collection system in order to stop over dependency on oil revenue. The alternative of oil dependency could be internal revenue collection through revenue generated from its people as a resource.
China has used their big population and high number of graduates as an asset by being a source of averagely cheap labor. Imagine if Nigeria turned its country as Africa's manufacturing hub with a free port it would be a world leader competing with China.
You are right! There is need in Nigeria for the government to start depending mainly on taxes. This will change the country.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jonraid(m): 1:06pm On Jul 13, 2018
Post a link or a source that would validate your claims! Do you mean this?http://myjoyonline.com/lifestyle/2018/March-20th/only-27-per-cent-of-ghanaians-access-potable-water-report.php

vaxx:
Not true. there is not a single human development indicator that shows Cote d’Ivoire is doing better than Ghana. If you look at electricity for instance, just 30 per cent of Ivorians have access to electricity. 80.5 per cent of Ghanaians have access to electricity. If you look at water for instance, just about 30 per cent of Ivorians have access to water. At the end of this year, 85 per cent of Ghanaians will have access to water. Even Ghana outperform Kenya in this area.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by vaxx: 1:17pm On Jul 13, 2018
Jonraid:
Post a link or a source that would validate your claims! Do you mean this?http://myjoyonline.com/lifestyle/2018/March-20th/only-27-per-cent-of-ghanaians-access-potable-water-report.php

read my post again.i never give indices on the coverage of the water. i only gave an indication of what is expected at the end of this year. my percentage only cover Ghana electricity.you may want to try again.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by nwoke39: 1:19pm On Jul 13, 2018
Just31:
your gdp per capital is still below standard

http://data.devinit.org/country/nigeria
the Nigerian state spend just 704 dollars per person in Nigeria yearly
youre free to play around with that site

of course, Nigeria's gdp per capita is wayyy below standard... then again ghana's gdp per capita is lower which begs one to ponder why such a country that has more stability and less people than Nigeria is behind Nigeria in gdp per capita...
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jonraid(m): 1:22pm On Jul 13, 2018
Fair enough,but do you really believe that Ghana is a West African regional giant?
vaxx:
read my post again.i never give indices on the coverage of the water. i only gave an indication of what is expected at the end of this year. my percentage only cover Ghana electricity.you may want to try again.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by justtoodark: 1:25pm On Jul 13, 2018
awon olomo wakanda.....

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by justtoodark: 1:27pm On Jul 13, 2018
you kenyans are too tiny to compare with nigeria...trying is even ridiculous.....

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by vaxx: 1:28pm On Jul 13, 2018
nwoke39:

of course, Nigeria's gdp per capita is wayyy below standard... then again ghana's gdp per capita is lower which begs one to ponder why such a country that has more stability and less people than Nigeria is behind Nigeria in gdp per capita...
Both Nigeria and Ghana are not worthy to emulate.we should be talking about an industrialised economy that we can model ourselves around, not countries that have achieved development by being a raw material or a cash crop-producing country. No country can develop on a sustainable basis in that manner.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by vaxx: 1:43pm On Jul 13, 2018
Jonraid:
Fair enough,but do you really believe that Ghana is a West African regional giant?
Nigeria still remain the west Africa economy power house.and this is due to her population and oil wealth.she is not in anyway industrialized more than Ghana .but when it comes to good governance and democracy.Ghana is clearly a top notch in west Africa and among the top 4 in Africa. this had help Ghana economy to grow as well. but all in all much need to be done.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by jaycent(m): 1:54pm On Jul 13, 2018
Nigeria is just like Dubai to Ghana it's only an idiot will compare sh1t ghana with Nigeria hahahaha.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by jaycent(m): 1:58pm On Jul 13, 2018
We are posting city they are posting garage hahahahaha.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by jaycent(m): 2:03pm On Jul 13, 2018
Ghana should work on there city Nigeria will always beat Ghana hands down no looking back.

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by nwoke39: 2:10pm On Jul 13, 2018
vaxx:
Nigeria still remain the west Africa economy power house.and this is due to her population and oil wealth.she is not in anyway industrialized more than Ghana .but when it comes to good governance and democracy.Ghana is clearly a top notch in west Africa and among the top 4 in Africa. this had help Ghana economy to grow as well. but all in all much need to be done.

Nigeria has a bigger manufacturing industry than Ghana.. and i believe manufacturing contributes more to Nigeria's GDP than Ghana... so in theory Nigeria is more industrialized than Ghana

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jay254(m): 2:13pm On Jul 13, 2018
vaxx:

My bad, thou Abidjan looks way developed than any City in west Africa..

Kindly share pics of other city apart from Accra and Kumasi.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by jaycent(m): 2:17pm On Jul 13, 2018
Kwara mall the largest mall in Africa not just west, i mean africa. Not the supermarket that fool is posting.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jay254(m): 2:18pm On Jul 13, 2018
justtoodark:
you kenyans are too tiny to compare with nigeria...trying is even ridiculous.....

And you are here.. Interesting.

Naigeria is just a disgrace the mere fact that Kenya and Ghana can compete and beat them is a clear illustration the country is doomed.

Wake up Giants.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jay254(m): 2:21pm On Jul 13, 2018
jaycent:
Kwara mall the largest mall in Africa not just west, i mean africa. Not the supermarket that fool is posting.
Now this?? I think we are discussing with Idiots.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jay254(m): 2:23pm On Jul 13, 2018
Welcome to Nairobi

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jay254(m): 2:24pm On Jul 13, 2018
Nairobi

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jay254(m): 2:30pm On Jul 13, 2018
Kisumu Kenya

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jonraid(m): 2:30pm On Jul 13, 2018
Kwara mall is a mere 12,000 square meters while Kenya's Two Rivers Mall is about 65,000 square meters according to world Atlas. Two Rivers shits over all malls in West Africa!
jaycent:
Kwara mall the largest mall in Africa not just west, i mean Africa. Not the supermarket that fool is posting.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jay254(m): 2:30pm On Jul 13, 2018
Kisumu the lake side Citt

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by naijalander: 2:33pm On Jul 13, 2018
will you keep quiet!

You want to talk when Mombasa Port is literally owned by the Chinese !

They got Mombasa port in exchange for your overhyped SGR, your leaders mortgaged your future away and you want to talk. Shouldn't you be ashamed of yourself ?

Kenyanstar:

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jonraid(m): 2:34pm On Jul 13, 2018
Here is the list of the biggest malls in Africa-the only African country that beats Kenya on mall space is South Africa!

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jonraid(m): 2:37pm On Jul 13, 2018
Literally owned? Since when? Last time I checked KPA was a state corporation!
naijalander:
will you keep quiet!

You want to talk when Mombasa Port is literally owned by the Chinese !

They got Mombasa port in exchange for your overhyped SGR, your leaders mortgaged your future away and you want to talk. Shouldn't you be ashamed of yourself ?

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jay254(m): 2:46pm On Jul 13, 2018
Kisumu Dalla

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jay254(m): 2:47pm On Jul 13, 2018
Kenya Kisumu

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jay254(m): 2:48pm On Jul 13, 2018
More from Kisumu

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jay254(m): 2:50pm On Jul 13, 2018
The City by the Lake Kisumu

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2017) (2018) (2019) (2020) (2021) (2022) (2023) ... (9933)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.