Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,271 members, 7,853,329 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 02:31 PM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (2209) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6272648 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2206) (2207) (2208) (2209) (2210) (2211) (2212) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 10:38pm On Aug 29, 2018
91.1% of tomato paste in Nigeria are fake, substandard – Dangote, Erisco

By Johnbosco Agbakwuru
ABUJA – TOMATO Pastes manufacturers in the country including Dangote Farms, Erisco Foods Limited and Savanna Farms Thursday told the House of Representatives Joint Committees on Health Care Services and Drugs and Narcotics that over 91.1 percent of tomato pastes in the country were fake and substandard.

This is just as the House has condemned the alleged importation of dangerous killer tomato pastes imported into the country and promised to carry out investigations into the matter.

Meanwhile, the National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control, NAFDAC, has fined the Erisco Foods what it called administrative charge of N1 million for an alleged unauthorised advertisement of Erisco range of products without getting clearance and approval from the agency.

The Speaker of the House, Yakubu Dogara in his address at the one day investigative public hearing stated that the House should not consider lightly allegations injurious to public health.

The Speaker who was represented by the Minority Leader, Leo Ogor stated that the public hearing centred primarily on importation of fake substandard and cancer causing tomato paste into the country.

He said what was “worrisome is the unpatriotic attitude of some companies and individuals importing fake, substandard and cancer causing tomato paste into the country at the expense of the health and wellbeing of Nigerians.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/06/91-1-of-tomato-paste-in-nigeria-are-fake-substandard-dangote-erisco/
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by jaycent(m): 10:56pm On Aug 29, 2018
TayserMahiri:

Where is Gaycunt to help you
Nop tasha? he meant gaylli pig, not gaycunt! Ok. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 11:28pm On Aug 29, 2018
TayserMahiri:

[s]No one waits for your responses Obaboon, they always come anyway. You are that jobless. You even need two accounts to keep yourself busy.

Those two munkies you mentioned, the latter is quite mannered s/he has kept a low profile after my lectures. So s/he aint a nemesis. Your collabo boy WorkWork is the one who is still insisting o making Tanzania relevant here without consulting their daddy (Kenya) grin. I'll show him he's not of well-bred carriage with some negroid countenance as he seems to think.

No one needs your attention bloody Baboon grin You cant even pay attention.[/s]
E pain am reach prick. grin jobless monkey. I am tired of your dirty ass.Annael,Kazikazi and jaycent can have what is left of you. grin Stop courting attention.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NigeriaIsDoomed: 11:35pm On Aug 29, 2018
obaaderemi:
E pain am reach prick. grin jobless monkey. I am tired of your dirty ass.Annael,Kazikazi and jaycent can have what is left of you. grin Stop courting attention.
The jobless thing is one of the 99% unemployed illitetate things in Kibera slum.
TayserMahiri told me she would rather commit suicide than quit Nairaland. grin

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 12:11am On Aug 30, 2018
Obi1kenobi:

Uuuuhhhh.....getting more and more personal even as he's posting fake emoticons. grin Apparently I'm an amnesiac. An illiterate. And a "boy". You couldn't make "head or tail" of my pointing out that what you called a "fact" about India is not a "fact"? Of course you can't substantiate the claim so I guess suddenly pretending to be illiterate is the route to go. grin
China can cripple America's economy whenever they want? Really? Is that why Trump spent his entire campaign and much of his administration prodding and pressuring and provoking them: including the current trade war and tariffs that has sent the Yuan and Chinese stocks plunging? What is Xi waiting for to "cripple" America's economy with the snap of his fingers? grin Is China the only country I mentioned or is that another of your nitpicking deflections? What did Nigeria do under GEJ that warranted snobbery that Saudi Arabia's head-chopping, terrorist sponsoring, war criminal regime hasn't done triple of? Face it "boy", your "giant" is not nearly as relevant as you think it is.
I bow to the volume of your "reading", oh keyboard warrior, but you're doing a shoddy job educating us on these "nuances" you have at the tip of your fingers. No one's impressed yet.
Why are you asking me a "personal question"? Last time I made a personal anecdote, you "advised" me to keep it to myself? Why are you concerned about my dad's choice of literature? grin
Na wah o.You seem to be getting angry. See how many emoticons you posted yourself. grin You keep dribbling yourself and scoring own goals like Escobar although you started off like Maradona. Of course you have to bow to the volume of my reading since you believe an eleven year old "Nigerian" boy was too young to read serious stuffs like the Economist.Fingers are not equal. You have made so many errors here I have lost count.Your latest is getting your facts wrong about something as simple as a recent Transparency International ranking, even after looking for it online. In your desperation to malign your own country, you rushed off with wrong information. Only to later admit you didn't know the information was wrong. Can anything be more awkward than that?Shame on you.You are the same boy who cried that Bush never visited Nigeria only to be proven wrong again. And your excuse? Wait for it grin I was playing video game at the time. Hahaha.How many own goals will you score in a match? The same man who claimed his lies were just oversights. And yes,in case you don't know how these things work,China can seriously harm America because China holds American treasury bills worth over $1trillion. That's dangerous as any person who understands politics and economics would tell you. But then,you have not learned much since you were eleven. Drop your video game console (if you had ever truly owned one grin)and start reading more.You will make less a spectacle of yourself. Thank me later.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 12:14am On Aug 30, 2018
NigeriaIsDoomed:
The jobless thing is one of the 99% unemployed illitetate things in Kibera slum.
TayserMahiri told me she would rather commit suicide than quit Nairaland. grin
Abeg,bros.What happened to that your "e pain am reach prick" meme? grin As for Tasha, that monkey has been caged in nairaland. He will die here.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Obi1kenobi(m): 12:59am On Aug 30, 2018
obaaderemi:
[s]Na wah o.You seem to be getting angry. See how many emoticons you posted yourself. grin You keep dribbling yourself and scoring own goals like Escobar although you started off like Maradona. Of course you have to bow to the volume of my reading since you believe an eleven year old "Nigerian" boy was too young to read serious stuffs like the Economist.Fingers are not equal. You have made so many errors here I have lost count.Your latest is getting your facts wrong about something as simple as a recent Transparency International ranking, even after looking for it online. In your desperation to malign your own country, you rushed off with wrong information. Only to later admit you didn't know the information was wrong. Can anything be more awkward than that?Shame on you.You are the same boy who cried that Bush never visited Nigeria only to be proven wrong again. And your excuse? Wait for it grin I was playing video game at the time. Hahaha.How many own goals will you score in a match? The same man who claimed his lies were just oversights.[/s]

After a string of personal insults and denigrations from an angry man, he projects his anger on me. grin Everything you spewed here smacks of a lot of anger. Sorry I offended you for not drinking the Naija Kool Aid and sticking to reality.

And yes,in case you don't know how these things work,China can seriously harm America because China holds American treasury bills worth over $1trillion. That's dangerous as any person who understands politics and economics would tell you. But then,you have not learned much since you were eleven. Drop your video game console (if you had ever truly owned one grin)and start reading more.You will make less a spectacle of yourself. Thank me later.

At least my question to substantiate your India claim was simply ignored rather than suddenly feigning illiteracy. You should do that more often. Wastes less time.

No one has contested China's ability to hurt America (it can - if it intends to hurt itself even more in the process):
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/china-wont-dump-us-treasury-bonds/
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/why-chinas-treasury-hoard-isnt-much-of-a-weapon-in-trade-spat-with-us-2018-04-06
https://chinapower.csis.org/us-debt/
That's different from making it look like China control America in any way, when in reality, the US has unrivaled capacity to hurt any nation on earth financially, whether with sanctions, tariffs or any economic levers it chooses, which is why Trump is having a jolly good time making everyone grovel from the EU, to Mexico and Canada, to China. Despite a series of Trump provocations, China has either ignored him, or borne the bigger brunt of their trade wars. Which renders your claim that Xi could "cripple America's economy with a shake of his finger" asinine rubbish. Like all those typical Nigerian beer parlour analysis of how Russia or China could destroy the US. grin
I note for the 2nd time running, you've dribbled around my mention of Saudi Arabia too which was visited 4 times by Obama. grin

You keep telling us about your economic and political expertise, but your beer parlour analysis isn't living up to the self-hype. Educate us on these "nuances" you claim to have mastered as to why Obama ignored the "giant" on his African trips. Come up with something more coherent on your next attempt. This XBox-addled brain of mine needs the education from your mastery of "The Economist". I'll certainly "thank you later". grin

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 5:26am On Aug 30, 2018
Thanks to Kenya's world-class horticulture (worth 3B dollars - with exports nearing 1.5B dollars) - the flower garden of Europe (and soon Americ)- JKIA is one of Africa leading cargo airport - with capacity to handle 1M tonnes of exports - of mainly fresh flowers and vegetables to Europe
[img]https://salokidogo.files./2015/01/flower-farms-in-kenya.jpg[/img]

JKIA has many cargo centers to process flowers and vegetable direct to Europe

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 5:38am On Aug 30, 2018
As lazy and unimaginative Tanzania grow maize and beans (just like Nigeria's cassava,yams & millet smiley - which we buy for so cheap smiley - Kenya is known for producing the best quality French Beans out there - that we export to Europe & earns us lot more than useless TZ beans.

Our avacodos are attracting the same attention - and we just overtook South Africa in Africa - and are hot on the heels of South America countries like Peru

Macademia - we overtook US - and we are now 3rd biggest producer of Macademi world wide

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 6:50am On Aug 30, 2018
sufferNsmiling:
rice

Isnt old rice preferable compared to new rice?
Old rice is more expensive then new rice

And the patent , production and supply of plastic rice , plastic eggs r with the Chinese.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by kikuyu1(m): 8:46am On Aug 30, 2018
TayserMahiri:

Dont you see he ignores you because he prefers his smart dogs than you. His dogs are smarter than you and they feed on Kenyan made dog food grin

Yes! In fact its more interesting than redundant Dangoteland idiocy.

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by kikuyu1(m): 8:51am On Aug 30, 2018
rvp2018:
START WITH TEA .If you have drank black tea outside china and india chance are high it was made in kenya.If you ever bought a flower like rose in Europe there is 50% chance it was grown in kenya.If you have been to any supermarket in Europe and bought groceries groceries..you wont miss kenya vegetables.We just overtook south africa in avacados.Worlwide if you buy nuts like macademia it likely its from kenya.Our dairy sector is now Africa best and Buhari came to see it.Some of our cows watch TV and sleep on mattress..so they produce 40 litres of milk daily.Some of the best coffee worlwide are from kenya.Our agriculture is for most part world class..expect for low dollar cereals

To reduce stress and devote energy to milk production-it works,btw! I first saw them used at a small 100 cow farm in Lari constituency of Kiambu county 6 years back.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Iamleefact: 8:55am On Aug 30, 2018
emeka1101:
Ghana dey bee
Looks like some European airport. Hurray to our sister Ghana

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Kazikazi: 9:28am On Aug 30, 2018
rvp2018:
As lazy and unimaginative Tanzania grow maize and beans (just like Nigeria's cassava,yams & millet smiley - which we buy for so cheap smiley - Kenya is known for producing the best quality French Beans out there - that we export to Europe & earns us lot more than useless TZ beans.

Our avacodos are attracting the same attention - and we just overtook South Africa in Africa - and are hot on the heels of South America countries like Peru

Macademia - we overtook US - and we are now 3rd biggest producer of Macademi world wide
You cant compare Tanzania's agriculture with a your nation.Tanzania is miles ahead.remember all powerful nations they feed themselves! Tanzania grows allmost everything.FYI our wine industry is just the second biggest in africa just behind south africa.We are top producer of sisal in africa.we are top in seaweed cultivation in africa.second in cloves.we are top in beans production.remember your people are starving for a lack of food! our holticulture is growing rapidly.should I mention organic honey? Cashew nuts? Rice?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by kikuyu1(m): 9:50am On Aug 30, 2018
rvp2018:
Thanks to Kenya's world-class horticulture (worth 3B dollars - with exports nearing 1.5B dollars) - the flower garden of Europe (and soon Americ)- JKIA is one of Africa leading cargo airport - with capacity to handle 1M tonnes of exports - of mainly fresh flowers and vegetables to Europe
[img]https://salokidogo.files./2015/01/flower-farms-in-kenya.jpg[/img]

JKIA has many cargo centers to process flowers and vegetable direct to Europe

Can people with a hoe powered agriculture sector magically bigger than Brazil understand the concept of a cold chain? From farm,transport,airport to final consumer it must be max 5 degrees. I wonder if the Nakuru airport idea will still go through? Counties wanted to revive the rail and use it as a new exit point apart from JKIA but imo,the gov wants to scale down borrowing. Do you have any info on this project?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Kazikazi: 9:59am On Aug 30, 2018
From the vineyards of Tanzania..this is the second biggest winery industry in africa

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 10:29am On Aug 30, 2018
They can't. Only those who have been fortunate to see real agricluture like SufferNSmilling understand what we are talking about. Nakuru airport is tough with flamingo birds. The idea was shelved. I think if put around Mai Mahiu-Narok-Naivasha - with Dry Port & Geothermal & Upcoming Industrial zone - it would make more sense that way.

kikuyu1:

Can people with a hoe powered agriculture sector magically bigger than Brazil understand the concept of a cold chain? From farm,transport,airport to final consumer it must be max 5 degrees. I wonder if the Nakuru airport idea will still go through? Counties wanted to revive the rail and use it as a new exit point apart from JKIA but imo,the gov wants to scale down borrowing. Do you have any info on this project?

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 10:31am On Aug 30, 2018
There is nothing you're miles ahead of kenya except Minning. Having 2 or 3 farms here and there is not what we are talking about. We are talking industry that controls 40% of European market. Sisal, Seaweed and Gloves...like really...who cares about those stuff.
Kazikazi:
You cant compare Tanzania's agriculture with a your nation.Tanzania is miles ahead.remember all powerful nations they feed themselves! Tanzania grows allmost everything.FYI our wine industry is just the second biggest in africa just behind south africa.We are top producer of sisal in africa.we are top in seaweed cultivation in africa.second in cloves.we are top in beans production.remember your people are starving for a lack of food! our holticulture is growing rapidly.should I mention organic honey? Cashew nuts? Rice?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 11:14am On Aug 30, 2018
BIG LIE.You are no where in wine production in Africa or world.Having one wine farm or flower farm is not enough.Youre as dense as a typical tanzanian
Kazikazi:
From the vineyards of Tanzania..this is the second biggest winery industry in africa

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Kazikazi: 11:23am On Aug 30, 2018
Tanzania winery industry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Kazikazi: 11:43am On Aug 30, 2018
[quote author=rvp2018 post=70744457]BIG LIE.You are no where in wine production in Africa or world.Having one wine farm or flower farm is not enough.Youre as dense as a typical tanzanian[/quotle]Why are kenyans starving? Were is the money u earn from your tea? The answer= most of tea farms in kenya are owned by europeans.kenyans owns allmost nothing.you are just a servitude in your own land.Poor kenyans!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Kazikazi: 11:49am On Aug 30, 2018
rvp2018:
There is nothing you're miles ahead of kenya except Minning. Having 2 or 3 farms here and there is not what we are talking about. We are talking industry that controls 40% of European market. Sisal, Seaweed and Gloves...like really...who cares about those stuff.
can you feed urselves?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 11:56am On Aug 30, 2018
Yeah you produce lots of beans mainly from kagera region but what dollar value of your beans
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 12:29pm On Aug 30, 2018
kikuyu1:

To reduce stress and devote energy to milk production-it works,btw! I first saw them used at a small 100 cow farm in Lari constituency of Kiambu county 6 years back.

What's the famous and sought after local tea brands ?

Eg. Like Darjeeling tea in India. Not company brand.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by kikuyu1(m): 1:08pm On Aug 30, 2018
rvp2018:
They can't. Only those who have been fortunate to see real agricluture like SufferNSmilling understand what we are talking about. Nakuru airport is tough with flamingo birds. The idea was shelved. I think if put around Mai Mahiu-Narok-Naivasha - with Dry Port & Geothermal & Upcoming Industrial zone - it would make more sense that way.

IIRC,Nakuru county late last year had a site in Lanet and KAA had a caveat on the 500 acres.

The long-awaited Nakuru airport will now be situated near the Lanet military base.

Nakuru Governor Lee Kinyanjui on Sunday said the Lanet airstrip that has been serving the military will be expanded to become an international public utility to be used by civilian aircraft.

“After a meeting attended by teams from the Kenya Defence Forces, the Ministry of Transport, the Kenya Civil Aviation Authority (KCAA), the Kenya Airports Authority and the county, it has been agreed that the airstrip be upgraded to accommodate the public,” Mr Kinyanjui said.
.....Governor Kinyanjui said Nakuru, a tourism and horticultural hub, was lagging behind due to lack of an airport.

“Flower farmers in Naivasha will have a chance to exploit the huge market available by increasing their exports to Europe and the United States.

"The airport will also make it easier for the county to receive hordes of international tourists,” Mr Kinyanjui said.
https://www.nation.co.ke/counties/nakuru/Lanet-airstrip-set-to-be-turned-into-nakuru-airport/1183314-4241094-vsu9er/index.html

Its meant to be the terminus of the revived inter county cargo rail way for export. Like I said however the gov isn't taking on more infrastructure debt so the plan may be shelved temporarily especially when JKIA is nowhere near max cargo/pax capacity.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by kikuyu1(m): 1:11pm On Aug 30, 2018
nemesis8u:

What's the famous and sought after local tea brands ?

Eg. Like Darjeeling tea in India. Not company brand.

Imagine to the best of my knowledge there isn't one!I hope I'm wrong,though,rvp2018,can you help me out? Though there may be one or two small Kenyan brands out there packed in the UK by retailers our tea is mainly used for blending.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 1:22pm On Aug 30, 2018
kikuyu1:

Imagine to the best of my knowledge there isn't one!I hope I'm wrong,though,rvp2018,can you help me out? Though there may be one or two small Kenyan brands out there packed in the UK by retailers our tea is mainly used for blending.

There is Assam brand , Darjeeling brand , Dooars and Terai brand , Nilgiri brand etc based on geographical location and hence unique characteristics of the tea.

U guys will also have such variations of tea if it is cultivated in different regions
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by gallivant: 2:51pm On Aug 30, 2018
Kazikazi:
Tanzania winery industry

How many times will you post $hit Dodoma wine? You have nothing else?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by gallivant: 2:55pm On Aug 30, 2018
Kazikazi:
can you feed urselves?

1. How much is your agricultural exports in $?

2. Who are the top 15 richest Tanzanians? Aren't they all Arabs and Indians?

You need not worry of Kenya because in a few years the Kenyan economy will be double yours and you will still be a lazy communist selling us beans to survive.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by gallivant: 2:58pm On Aug 30, 2018
Kazikazi:

How much in $$ do you export? Simple questions needs simple answers. How much do you earn from agriculture? grin

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 3:15pm On Aug 30, 2018
nemesis8u:

Isnt old rice preferable compared to new rice?
Old rice is more expensive then new rice

And the patent , production and supply of plastic rice , plastic eggs r with the Chinese.

So now there is plastic eggs in nigeria very soon you will buy a plastic nigerian for food

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Kazikazi: 3:16pm On Aug 30, 2018
rvp2018:
You are dreaming! Were did u got that 40%? Whom are u trying to cheat? Now look this

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2206) (2207) (2208) (2209) (2210) (2211) (2212) ... (9933)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.