Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,040 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:22 AM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (2242) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6190485 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2239) (2240) (2241) (2242) (2243) (2244) (2245) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jonraid(m): 6:40pm On Sep 18, 2018
Aberdares-Kenya

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jonraid(m): 6:46pm On Sep 18, 2018
The Westgate at Westlands-Kenya

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jonraid(m): 6:59pm On Sep 18, 2018
Rossylin Riviera-Kenya

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by gallivant: 7:39pm On Sep 18, 2018
Kazikazi:
Dar es salaam,Tanzania

Can you spot the difference now? I think you can.grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 11:36pm On Sep 18, 2018
Kazikazi:
Tanzania.. take me to zanzibar

Take yourself dude.

Wont you stop copying our slogans? We say Take Me to Diani for a reason.

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 12:15am On Sep 19, 2018
Jonraid:
More of the Hub-Kenya

This nighttime aerial is so cool. The initial idea was a mall that wasnt imposing/ physically dominating in the Karen area, which is high end. And that clearly held beautifully. Even from the air its pretty clear. You could easily mistake it for a grand suburban home. The fact that the architecture was the work of a Kenyan musician "Nameless" who is an architect makes it even more astounding. Hopefully Im not being biased because Hub mall is actually my favorite chill spot.

I should mention that the owner of the Hub Mall, Humphrey Kariuki Ndegwa was featured on Forbes in 2017 for his effort in preserving endangered species. The guy also owns Fairmont Mount Kenya Safari Club (which has been the best hotel in Africa for the past two yrs in a row and could be this year as well) , Mount Kenya Wildlife Conservancy and Animal Orphanage, Dalbit Petroleum, Blue moon Vodka, the bestselling indigenous alcoholic brand in Kenya among other business ventures under his Janus Continental Group. Chilled guy that Kenyans have never even heard of.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/mfonobongnsehe/2017/09/23/meet-the-kenyan-multi-millionaire-preserving-endangered-animal-species/#29abf1d76aa9

Are Nigerian and Tanzanian artists learned? Our artists are actually intellectuals not drop outs as you can see in this mall design. We dont want artists whose work is just making some nigga music with nothing else to offer society.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 12:42am On Sep 19, 2018
The Great Silencing of Tanzania.

One regulation after another, the fiction that Tanzania’s economy is doing well and everything is run in a satisfactory manner is becoming the dominant narrative.

https://www.kenyandigest.com/the-great-silencing-or-why-i-stopped-blogging/

All Tanzanians should read that. And before you start crying that the story was written by a Kenyan to pollute your name, note that the author is actually a Tanzanian. If your govt has banned that site and similar sites like The East African you should consider getting close to the Kenyan border to read it. And make sure you catch up with previous episodes coz this thingy is a series. You can give yourself a day or two on the Kenyan border to complete the whole series thus far.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 1:38am On Sep 19, 2018
Kenyans and business

Ok, I should say Kikuyus and business but do I ? grin

Your company, Great Lakes Africa Energy was hitherto unheard of, and then in February, there was a news splash that Great Lakes company had been awarded a lucrative $400 million power tender in Mozambique. What are the origins of GL Africa Energy, and how does a Kenyan company win such a lucrative tender in Mozambique?

Before we registered Great Lakes Africa Energy in 2008, Dalbit Petroleum was already delivering products to the DRC. Usually, before you get to Lumumbashi, you need to pass through Zambia. Zambia is one of the few countries in Africa with an inland refinery. They pump their crude from Dar es Salaam all the way to Ndola in Zambia, which is about 2,000 kilometers. In the crude refining process you’ll find that when the gasoline and distillate fuel oils have been extracted through distillation, the waste is Heavy Fuel Oil (HFO). We discovered that Zambia had traditionally relied on hydroelectricity for its power needs. So I did a proposal to the government, asking for the permission to establish a Heavy Fuel Oil Power station in Ndola, near the Inland refinery. At first, they could not conceptualize it. How do you generate electricity using Heavy Fuel Oil? Zambia had been using Hydro throughout and it was what they were used to; remember they border the Congo and the rainfall is heavy. They were generating 1,800 MW using the hydro, so I had a bit of difficulty trying to convince them to set up. At the end, they gave in. They gave me an acre of land and the permission to build a 50MW Heavy Fuel Oil power station. Two and a half years later, it was running. A year later, drought came to Zambia and the 1,800 MW of power Zambia generated from Hydro went down to just a little over 900 MW. So the government came to me and asked me to put another 55 MW, which we completed in 9 months. So we already had a track record in Zambia. When the Government of Mozambique approached us to submit a proposal for a gas-powered plant in northeastern Mozambique, we submitted our proposal and got shortlisted on the strength of our antecedents. It’s quite simple, really. We are still looking into how we will get the gas in, and we are still discussing with the government to iron out a few technicalities.

What is the story of your foray into the oil business? Your company, Dalbit Petroleum, is one of the largest downstream oil companies in Kenya. What did you figure out, and how has Dalbit Petroleum expanded so rapidly into other markets in East Africa?

With the success of my restaurant and alcohol marketing business, I decided to venture into oil distribution. I became an agent of the National Oil Company of Kenya (NOCK). The government allowed us to buy fuel products from NOCK and distribute internally to other regions in Kenya. The margins were small, but it felt good to be in the oil business. This was in the eighties. I had a couple of friends – the Horsey brothers who owned a construction company called Civicon, and they had a contract with the World Food Programme to distribute water in South Sudan, and to build some of the roads in the country. So I formed a partnership with Civicon, and I set up a small depot in Kaboko border between Ibanga and South Sudan. That was the first place we set up a small depot; it was an 80,000-cubic oil storage facility. So, from Kaboko, we got the Horseys with their 8 by 8s trucks to transport the oil across to Juba and other places in South Sudan. The margins were astronomical. The volumes weren’t much, but the margins were crazy. We were supplying the World Food Programme with oil, and then there was a drought in the country and the WFP was using helicopters to make food drops in South Sudan. We were also supplying the WFP with oil in their airfields in South Sudan, and that’s where we started making the big margins. Within eight years, the roads had been done, and as a result the margins started eroding. We are still active in Sudan; we have a 6 million-litre depot there. When our margins started thinning out in our oil trading business in Sudan, we expanded into Dar es Salaam and started going all the way into the Democratic Republic of Congo to deliver oil to the mines. We now have very active operations in Kenya, Zambia, Tanzania and the DRC.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/mfonobongnsehe/2017/09/23/meet-the-kenyan-multi-millionaire-preserving-endangered-animal-species/#13f1aa706aa9

4 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by gallivant: 3:19am On Sep 19, 2018
Nairobi

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by gallivant: 3:21am On Sep 19, 2018

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by gallivant: 4:14am On Sep 19, 2018

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jonraid(m): 6:25am On Sep 19, 2018
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/09/nigeria-s-africa-ghana-kenya-mull-maritime-pact/

We as Kenyans will collaborate with countries that share a common vision with us.Let's see if Nigeria would be able to convince Kenya,SA and Ghana on this pact.This news comes as Kenya will be hosting the Blue Economy Conference this November!
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 8:48am On Sep 19, 2018
Great read from Bill Gates - he nails Nigeria problem.
https://www.theguardian.com/global-development/2018/sep/18/the-african-youth-boom-whats-worrying-bill-gates
Africa, he always stresses, is not one country. Of its 54 nations, many are leaping ahead, Ghana, Botswana and Rwanda among them. Those causing concern are the Democratic Republic of the Congo and Nigeria. On his recent visit he warned Nigerians against the country’s growing inequality, where oil wealth for a few is leaving millions behind. The foundation has spent $1bn so far on Nigeria. He says: “Their health system is worse than poorer countries, their agricultural advice largely broken down.” Government resources are low because “their level of taxation is one of the lowest in the world”.

He sounds puzzled: “You would think politicians would compete on the basis of, ‘Hey, I’m going to run a primary health system really well, I’m going to get vaccination coverage up, I’m going to save lives …’ But other issues about religion and ethnicity come to the fore.”

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 8:57am On Sep 19, 2018
Nairobi has a long way to get to Kigali - but it's taking baby steps under gov Mike Sonko

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 9:05am On Sep 19, 2018
Nairobi beautfication

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Kazikazi: 9:53am On Sep 19, 2018
rvp2018:
Nairobi beautfication
You forgot this

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Kazikazi: 9:59am On Sep 19, 2018
TayserMahiri:

Take yourself dude.

Wont you stop copying our slogans? We say Take Me to Diani for a reason.
Zanzibar is not in your levels.we are building underwater restaurants in the biggest resort in africa..the 3b Us $ Zanzibar Amber resort.what is this tiny thing called diani? Tupa kule..
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Kazikazi: 10:05am On Sep 19, 2018
Tanzania to support south africa in swahilization of africa.

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jonraid(m): 10:12am On Sep 19, 2018
Diani-It's where we have the best beaches in the world.What a place Kenya is?

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jonraid(m): 10:56am On Sep 19, 2018
South Africa has nothing to learn from Tanzania. You'll be shocked when you find Kenyans having more teachers of Swahili there!
Kazikazi:

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Kazikazi: 11:03am On Sep 19, 2018
Zanzibar;Tanzania

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Kazikazi: 11:11am On Sep 19, 2018
Jonraid:
South Africa has nothing to learn from Tanzania. You'll be shocked when you find Kenyans having more teachers of Swahili there!
You are day dreaming.FYI those south africans who came up with this idea stayed in Tanzania.they speak swahili and they know who will teach swahili in south africa..actually everything have been finalised behind the curtain.South african government wants her citizen to speak a Tanzanian swahili not your raw unattractive old swahili of kenya.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by gallivant: 2:46pm On Sep 19, 2018
Kazikazi:
You are day dreaming.FYI those south africans who came up with this idea stayed in Tanzania.they speak swahili and they know who will teach swahili in south africa..actually everything have been finalised behind the curtain.South african government wants her citizen to speak a Tanzanian swahili not your raw unattractive old swahili of kenya.

Why would South Africans want to speak Swahili, are you learning Zulu in Tanzania?

Kazikazi:

Wtf are you talking about? Lol
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by gallivant: 3:04pm On Sep 19, 2018
Kazikazi:
Zanzibar is not in your levels.we are building underwater restaurants in the biggest resort in africa..the 3b Us $ Zanzibar Amber resort.what is this tiny thing called diani? Tupa kule..

Lets not get carried away, are you going to build the SGR and bagamoyo port? We need to see the updates. grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Kazikazi: 3:26pm On Sep 19, 2018
gallivant:

Why would South Africans want to speak Swahili, are you learning Zulu in Tanzania?

Wtf are you talking about? Lol
South africans love swahili.they believe swahili will help on unifying their nation as it did in Tanzania.most south africans support their gov on this issue.as u know swahili is an international language.

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Kazikazi: 4:15pm On Sep 19, 2018
Kwi kwi kwi kwi

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by gallivant: 5:05pm On Sep 19, 2018
Kazikazi:
South africans love swahili.they believe swahili will help on unifying their nation as it did in Tanzania.most south africans support their gov on this issue.as u know swahili is an international language.

I see, South Africa needs Tanzanians to unify them through Swahili. Malema is the genius behind this. Got it. wink
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by gallivant: 5:28pm On Sep 19, 2018
Kazikazi:
Kwi kwi kwi kwi

Are those the sounds of your imaginary SGR trains snaking towards Uganda?

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 5:30pm On Sep 19, 2018
Kazikazi:
Zanzibar is not in your levels.we are building underwater restaurants in the biggest resort in africa..the 3b Us $ Zanzibar Amber resort.what is this tiny thing called diani? Tupa kule ..

I didnt understand that last part. do you mean eat it or throw it away?

share some photos of the underwater restaurants and the Amber resort tongue. I mean it. Dont respond with bad news from Kenya. Kenyan news is not underwater restaurants. Tanzanians should be mostly proud of their terrestrial bara, not Zanzibar. Let the Zanzibaris feel proud of their semi-autonomous Island which they have done an excellent job with I think. You should give them freedom.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 5:52pm On Sep 19, 2018
Kazikazi:

I agree Africa needs to be Swahilized. Right now we would be conversing in Swahili here all of us including SA, Nigeria, Ghana, Ethiopia, even an Algerian dude who was here would be speaking Swahili. That would be a great starting point in decolonizing Africa. I totally agree with Julius Malema on that one. There is one guy called Nowe who im sure is weeping right now with this kind of news. SA learning Swa means that sooner or later other countries in Africa will follow suit. Now we just need the fake giant to learn kiswahili and we are half way there. You see, thats East, South and West Africa and the language will naturally spread. SA would influence their neighbors Nambia, Zim, Botswana while our fake giant would influence Ghana, Senegal, Niger, Mauritania and all those countries around them who hear their noise. The language could do well with the new Africa-wide Trade Pact.

The question is, would they want to speak the slow lazy version or the quick hustler version? grin I know Naija will want the hustler version so Kenya there. SA should try both Tanzanian and Kenyan to see which one works best for them. Either way, we will ensure the Swahili version spoken out there in rest of Africa is Kenyan grin. Yours should be left to seduction and lovers' nights and to express deep emotions.

All Africans want to speak Kenyan Swahili like this grin
ie with some flexibility and intelligibility with other major languages

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfPb88GD1Tc

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 6:07pm On Sep 19, 2018
Kazikazi:

This behind the curtains is what is eating Tanzania. Kenyan swahili is not old or raw. Infact its the opposite. Tanzanian Swahili is old and raw, unchanged since the 60s where the govt put the last fulstop. Kenyan Swahili is dynamic, accomodative (of new things) and is more or less comparable to American English. The lengths that Tanzanians go to express a simple thought is just exhausting. Its the 21st century !! We dont have time for elongated sentences when the same thought can be expressed in one or two words. Like 'Kuja' in Kenya vs 'nakuomba njoo hapa' in Tanzania. Really, you are only going to wear down other Africans with extremely long sentences that are practically a waste of precious time. The Americans realized the same and did away with redundant British English. Like in the word color, the British had so much time to waste that they could afford to insert a pointless u after o (colour). So the Americans decided to fix all that redundancy. SO today its easier and quicker to speak and type American English in comparison to British English which sounds old and slow. Listen to Theressa May speak vs someone like Trump or Obama. Its the same thing with Tanzania vs Kenyan Swahili. Africans would/will quickly realize how redundant your Swahili is (once they grasp the language) and will quickly settle for Kenyan Swahili.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2239) (2240) (2241) (2242) (2243) (2244) (2245) ... (9933)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.