Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,603 members, 7,827,270 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:55 AM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (2324) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6221490 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2321) (2322) (2323) (2324) (2325) (2326) (2327) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 11:03am On Nov 09, 2018
Precisely. The south gripe is oil - a natural resources - it a moronic argument from lazy people. Nigeria with oil has not developed. The south will not develop with it. What develop a country is not natural resources - but it's public and private investment.

You wonder if Oil was discovered in the North - would they want a seperate country?

Jay254:

You are an idiot, a govt has the responsibility to equally develop a nation despite the source of money coming from a single source or place.

If you feel the north does not do anything why don't you divide and make two countries.

4 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 11:11am On Nov 09, 2018
Nairobi & Mombasa seem too much for Nigeria slum cities - maybe we should try Kisumu - and see if their slum cities can measure?

[img]https://www.jamiiforums.com/attachments/kisumu-8-jpg.493605/[/img]

4 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Iwillbegreat: 11:12am On Nov 09, 2018
rvp2018:
You're talking oil? What if the oil was discovered in North. It not like the south made any contribution to oil discovery and production. Oil and any natural resources belong to all Nigerians.
we in the south are praying the oil should dry up, it's been a curse.

If the oil was discovered in the north, it would have been the greatest blessing for us
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Kur17: 11:23am On Nov 09, 2018
According to the Renewables Global Status 2018, the country tops in Africa with 700 megawatts (MW),

The US has the largest geothermal generating capacity with 2,500 megawatts followed by the Philippines (1,900 MW), Indonesia (1,800 MW), Turkey (1,100 MW), New Zealand (1000 MW), Mexico (900 MW), Italy (800 MW) and Iceland (750 MW).

Kenya beats technological heavyweight Japan which has been ranked tenth with an output of 500 MW.

The rest of the world share 950 MW.

Ethiopia is the only other African country with developed geothermal energy (7 MW).

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Kazikazi: 11:25am On Nov 09, 2018
rvp2018:
You're as always wrong. Not every rail can double stack. There is a lot of difference btw Keny SGR and TZ & Ethiopia SGR. Ethiopia Railway is China class 2, Kenya Railway is China class 1 and your railways is American Standard(AREMA).

Suffice to say Kenya is designed with ability double-stack - with annual tonnes of 20-35M tonnes (if double stack) - while yours is designed to carry 18M tonnes only.

Kenya made very smart choices as always - Ethiopia SGR which started 2yrs before kenya is still struggling - with a single train stalling mid-way due to unstable electricity. Meanwhile by December we should be well into 12 trains daily moving more than 1000 containers daily - doing two trips each. We already have two passenger trains doing 4 daily trips btw Mombasa and Nairobi.

When it come to your Railway - ohoo boy - first you took commercial loan from banks to finance a railway (who does that? - Ethiopia already struggled with China loan and had to ask for 30yrs extension - do you think commercial banks will give you 30yrs!!!!!!!!!!!!!) - and secondly already you have power rationing due to unstable power supply - how will you ran you trains with unstable electricity.

We have probably the best quality of electricity in East Africa but we choose Diesel with electricifiable rail (when we will be ready) - but you've dived headlong into the same trouble Ethiopia find itself.

The quality of decisions you make is only comparable to your fellow Africa laggards - Nigeria, DRC & maybe Ethiopia.

Kenyans lack basic engineering knowledge. In today's age a guy goes to school studying a history!what a no sense.
I am struggling to explain simple technical stuffs here because of your Kenyan theoretical education.
I repeat what makes double stacking possible is not axle tonnage.Its about how wide is your tracks and removal of overhead obstructions. I repeat,Kenyan and Ethiopian railways both have the same axle tonnage.(25 tones)
You keep talking about Chinese class 1 or 2 railways...
FYI, the major difference btn class 1 or 2 is just a speed.In this case if electrified Kenyan railway can have higher speed than Ethiopian since Kenyans curve radius is about>3500m.So in short,a curve radiusradius doesn't determine a railways ability to do double stacking.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 11:26am On Nov 09, 2018
Help us understand the Nigeria South prowess. From what I see - it appears south just export it's young men and women - all over the world including Nigeria North - as petty traders, criminals & prostitutes. The south doesn't export food or anything up north. It north that basically provide the food - both crops and livestock - to south cities. All the south seem to do is grow yams, cassava and plantains for own consumption, act in nollywood movies and try escape the south - to nigeria north and basically the rest of the world.

Kindly tell us outside oil - what exactly is South Nigerian known for - apart from immigration!!

Iwillbegreat:
we in the south are praying the oil should dry up, it's been a curse.

If the oil was discovered in the north, it would have been the greatest blessing for us

5 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Iwillbegreat: 11:30am On Nov 09, 2018
rvp2018:
Help us understand the Nigeria South prowess. From what I see - it appears south just export it's young men and women - all over the world including Nigeria North - as petty traders, criminals & prostitutes. The south doesn't export food or anything up north. It north that basically provide the food - both crops and livestock - to south cities. All the south seem to do is grow yams, cassava and plantains for own consumption, act in nollywood movies and try escape the south - to nigeria north and basically the rest of the world.

Kindly tell us outside oil - what exactly is South Nigerian known for - apart from immigration!!

dude shut up and tell lupita nyong, Vera sedika and co to stop coming to Nigeria for sex.

Kenya men are weak and sissy, guess that's where Obama got his genes

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 11:32am On Nov 09, 2018
If you ever did basic high school physics - leave alone engineering - you lazy Tanzanian bozo- you'll know - double stack train hauling more than 4,000 tonnes is just not possible in TZ or Ethiopia railway - there is a lot of physics involved in that - and that what makes the difference btw class 1 and class 2 railway.

So yes you can double stack empty containers in your rail - but to haul anything more than 4,000 tonnes per train would be impossible. That is why you rail is designed with max capacity of 18m tonnes per annum..and ours has max of twice that(35M).

Also your class 2 railway may be cheaper to construct but MORE EXPENSIVE to operate and maintain.

Kazikazi:
Kenyans lack basic engineering knowledge. In today's age a guy goes to school studying a history!what a no sense.
I am struggling to explain simple technical stuffs here because of your Kenyan theoretical education.
I repeat what makes double stacking possible is not axle tonnage.Its about how wide is your tracks and removal of overhead obstructions. I repeat,Kenyan and Ethiopian railways both have the same axle tonnage.(25 tones)
FYI, the major difference btn class 1 or 2 is just a speed.In this case if electrified Kenyan railway can have higher speed than Ethiopian since Kenyans curve radius is about>3500m.So in short,a curve radiusradius doesn't determine a railways ability to do double stacking.

4 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 11:33am On Nov 09, 2018
Predictably you were running on empty. Nigeria South is more crap than Nigeria North.
Iwillbegreat:
dude shut up and tell lupita nyong, Vera sedika and co to stop coming to Nigeria for sex.

Kenya men are weak and sissy, guess that's where Obama got his genes

4 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Iwillbegreat: 11:35am On Nov 09, 2018
rvp2018:
Predictably you were running on empty. Nigeria South is more crap than Nigeria North.
keep quiet, the north offers nothing, if the trend continue there will be another civil war and revolution..

As for Kenyas, what they got are only animals
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Kazikazi: 11:38am On Nov 09, 2018
Kur17:
According to the Renewables Global Status 2018, the country tops in Africa with 700 megawatts (MW),

The US has the largest geothermal generating capacity with 2,500 megawatts followed by the Philippines (1,900 MW), Indonesia (1,800 MW), Turkey (1,100 MW), New Zealand (1000 MW), Mexico (900 MW), Italy (800 MW) and Iceland (750 MW).

Kenya beats technological heavyweight Japan which has been ranked tenth with an output of 500 MW.

The rest of the world share 950 MW.

Ethiopia is the only other African country with developed geothermal energy (7 MW).
Ho ho ho ho...
What are you saying Mr kibera? Do you want all nations with other energy sources to abandon them and go for geothermal? Even if their reserve of geothermal is so low? What your saying a country like Tanzania,Egypt,Norway,Algeria,Mozambique etc shouldn't develop their propane gases for power so that we can compete in geothermal?
Hohohohoho..why are Kenyans so low on technical skills? These are people who shouted on top of their voices when a Chinese built them a railway tunnel! I wish I could have bought them just one boring machine so may b they could know how simple is to bore a mountain!

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 11:46am On Nov 09, 2018
You still have power rationing in TZ despite having geothermal, hydro and natural gas. Deal with that first.
Kazikazi:
Ho ho ho ho...
What are you saying Mr kibera? Do you want all nations with other energy sources to abandon them and go for geothermal? Even if their reserve of geothermal is so low? What your saying a country like Tanzania,Egypt,Norway,Algeria,Mozambique etc shouldn't develop their propane gases for power so that we can compete in geothermal?
Hohohohoho..why are Kenyans so low on technical skills? These are people who shouted on top of their voices when a Chinese built them a railway tunnel! I wish I could have bought them just one boring machine so may b they could know how simple is to bore a mountain!

5 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by forgiveness: 11:50am On Nov 09, 2018
jaycent:
If fear no catch me make i die? grin

Hahahaha! grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Kur17: 11:50am On Nov 09, 2018
Kazikazi:
Ho ho ho ho...

Such a foolish reasoning. Lazyman you don't deserve my attention, continue laughing like a zombie that you're...
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Iwillbegreat: 11:54am On Nov 09, 2018
Nigeria is a useless country

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jonraid(m): 11:54am On Nov 09, 2018
What we are saying is that renewable energy is the way to go!
Kazikazi:
Ho ho ho ho...
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by MPSA(m): 12:00pm On Nov 09, 2018
forgiveness:

How come nobody recognised and honour your Mombasa hotels with an award?

See Abuja hotel dusting even South Africans hotels yet you are talking about one local hotel in Mombasa. grin
Forgive Me, You can't compare your hotels with South African hotels, I don't think comparing Holton Hotel in Durban is fair, The setup of Holton Hotel is completely different to the one you displayed (Abuja), Holton Hotel is in central Durban,it's beautiful but I think it would be fair if we compare your hotel with this one in Durban, Tell me what you see here,
https://www.booking.com/hotel/za/ocean-vista-boutique-guest-house.html?aid=318615;label=New_English_EN_ZA_20053121545-MBzhsPfuLDIyM8G1jLmdcwSM217245703593%3Apl%3Ata%3Ap1%3Ap2%3Aac%3Aap1t1%3Aneg;sid=6f9ae5e0108d50fd37eb6d0de4be4bfe;dist=0;room1=A%2CA;sb_price_type=total;type=total& , Perfect, You can't compare your hotels with our hotels.

NONE OF YOUR HOTELS CAN MATCH OUR HOTELS, "TRULY SPEAKING" grin

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jonraid(m): 12:02pm On Nov 09, 2018
We have a fella who probably thinks that tunnel construction is merely drilling a hole inside a mountain! Oh My! But who built the Tazara?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LO8-svpsK24?t=32

Remember this tunnels are one of the longest in Africa with Ngong tunnel being 4.5km.Let Kazikazi prove us if Tanzanians have built such a tunnel on their own,as a matter of fact they don't even have a tunnel with a length of more than 80m!

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Kazikazi: 12:25pm On Nov 09, 2018
rvp2018:
If you ever did basic high school physics - leave alone engineering - your lazy Tanzanian boz - you'll know - double stack train hauling 4,000 tonnes is just not possible in TZ or Ethiopia railway - there is a lot of physics involved in that - and that what makes the difference btw class 1 and class 2 railway.

So yes you can double stack empty containers in your rail - but to haul anything more than 4,000 tonnes per train would be impossible. That is why you rail is designed with max capacity of 18m tonnes per annum..and ours has max of twice that(35M).

The moment you spoke about the max cargo capacity per year I knew you are empty on technical issues.We are talking about double stacking here.I expected you to give me a technical reasons of your arguments. But alas, you are quoting politicians!
At least you should have given me a reasons why an Ethiopian's low curve radius can't do double stacking! You just talk a lot of physics?Which physical stuffs are you talking? Dude,talk technical please.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Kur17: 12:53pm On Nov 09, 2018
This is one of the few countries where ambassadors/diplomats from the first world have settled,even after completing serving their term...., including paupers and beggars from Nigeria and Tanzanian they never want to go back home... they never wish to leave this heavenly country

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jonraid(m): 12:55pm On Nov 09, 2018
The words of Mr Maina-MD Kenya Railways as quoted by Capital Fm Business.

''Ethiopia are constructing class two (type) railway dictated by their demands. Their cargo volumes are less than 10 million tonnes, so we cannot do a class two here. The port of Djibouti does less than 7 million tonnes while the port of Mombasa is doing nearly 30 million tonnes per annum. Our SGR has a capacity of about 22 million tonnes per year, with double stack capability,''

REFERENCE

https://www.capitalfm.co.ke/business/2017/01/kenya-railways-dismisses-comparisons-sgr-morocco-ethiopia-projects/
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jonraid(m): 12:58pm On Nov 09, 2018
Ethiopia and Kenya SGR comparison.The Kenya's railway was primarily designed for cargo haulage,the passenger option is just a fantastic addition to it! 25 tonnes minimum(Kenyan SGR) 25 tonnes maximum (Ethiopian SGR-this is a weak line)

Technicalities

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 1:10pm On Nov 09, 2018
Kenya is class I Chinese standard. Ethiopia is class II (initially was class IV) Chinese. TZ is AREMA. That basically summarize lot of technical details. AREMA is inferior to Chinese standards. It cheaper to build AREMA & Class II but Class I hauls more, can double stack, is cheaper to operate and maintain. Your railway can haul max of 18m. Kenya's can haul 35M. Your railway will not be able to double stack just like Ethiopia cannot.

Now I know you want to talk axles. Kenya SGR has min axle load of 25 tonnes. Ethiopia & TZ has max axle load of 25 tonnes.

That is why your max tonnes capacity per year is 20m - while ours is double that.

Kazikazi:
The moment you spoke about the max cargo capacity per year I knew you are empty on technical issues.We are talking about double stacking here.I expected you to give me a technical reasons of your arguments. But alas, you are quoting politicians!
At least you should have given me a reasons why an Ethiopian's low curve radius can't do double stacking! You just talk a lot of physics?Which physical stuffs are you talking? Dude,talk technical please.

4 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Kur17: 3:45pm On Nov 09, 2018
AfrAsia wealth report:

Kenya is the fifth richest country in Africa,& ninth on per capita.

Kenya’s total wealth at Sh10.4 trillion.

South Africa was ranked the wealthiest on the continent with a net value of Sh72 trillion, followed by Egypt at Sh33 trillion, Nigeria’s Sh25 trillion and Morocco at Sh12 trillion....(Tanzania Sh6 trillion & 8th)

Nigeria is no longer on top ten per capita.

Countries such as Switzerland and Australia have a wealth per person of over Sh20 million.

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 4:29pm On Nov 09, 2018
This is more realistic. Nigeria if about twice Kenya GDP wise - with about half of that being Oil production GDP. Anything else is cooked. South Africa is about 4-5 times richer.
Kur17:
AfrAsia wealth report:

Kenya is the fifth richest country in Africa,& ninth on per capita.

Kenya’s total wealth at Sh10.4 trillion.

South Africa was ranked the wealthiest on the continent with a net value of Sh72 trillion, followed by Egypt at Sh33 trillion, Nigeria’s Sh25 trillion and Morocco at Sh12 trillion....(Tanzania Sh6 trillion & 8th)

Nigeria is no longer on top ten per capita.

Countries such as Switzerland and Australia have a wealth per person of over Sh20 million.

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by kikuyu1(m): 4:36pm On Nov 09, 2018
rvp2018:
Every country has their "North". Stop looking for lame excuses. Nigeria South is equally poor. Kenya has it's north - that mirrors Nigeria.

Before devolution it may very well have been worse! I rmbr a journo pal once in Wajir telling me horror stories..... You can imagine their first Caesarian op was done three yrs ago thanks to devolved health?
Like most of our North it was 6th world. As you said poverty is RAPIDLY decreasing and FYI there are good indicators of commercial oil in Wajir.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 4:37pm On Nov 09, 2018
Iwillbegreat:
What is the gdp per capita of Kenya with southern Nigeria?

If you're going to compare the GDP of the richest section of Nigeria with Kenya, then do it with the richest section of Kenya too.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 4:53pm On Nov 09, 2018
It wasn't for lack of investment; NGOs & UN poured so much dollars to Northern Kenya but there was nothing to show for it. At one point we estimated [where I worked] that per capita investment annually was more than 2,000 dollars per person and yet the northern kenya remain poor. The problem was lack of public investment - suddenly telecommunication opened up those areas,security improved, and now with devolution & new roads - things are really looking up for the north. I see a decade of very rapid decline of poverty. At one point - Turkana had poverty rate of 95% - illiteracy rate of 95%.

Indeed the northern kenya has been a major blot on kenya - and I am glad things are starting to look up - with area opening up, security improving - we will see lot more minerals exploration companies moving in and exploit them.

For example look at Garissa - it boost of very fine gypsum - and cement companies have moved their in drove. Turkana has oil - and that will change the area - Isiolo to Moyale is pretty much sorted with new corridor to Ethiopia -

In short - we need LAPSET to really get off ground - devolution will deal with the basics - and once the area is opened up - insecurity will disappear.

Also in NGO/UN world - M-pesa was a revelation - and cash/mobile transfer has done wonders. Rather than annually trucking food and name it up the north - with a click a button - they can send cash to victims of poverty & drought - and that basically draws business men to go and sell food there.

kikuyu1:

Before devolution it may very well have been worse! I rmbr a journo pal once in Wajir telling me horror stories..... You can imagine their first Caesarian op was done three yrs ago thanks to devolved health?
Like most of our North it was 6th world. As you said poverty is RAPIDLY decreasing and FYI there are good indicators of commercial oil in Wajir.

4 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by darfay: 4:54pm On Nov 09, 2018
rvp2018:

Outside starvation, acute poverty as kazikazi pointed out. What is Kenyan North know for
Oloshi
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 5:04pm On Nov 09, 2018
Admittedly our north was for a long time marginalized. Kenya unlike Nigeria do not have natural resource windfall to be shared. That basically meant every region grew by bootstrapping their resources and gov focussed the little resources on high potential areas that made practical sense. Our north is mostly semi arid & arid. We basically left north kenya for UN/Donors/NGOS. That has changed the last 10yrs. North now boast of Africa largest wind farm. The north now has airports, we are building new port in Lamu (North Coast), there is oil production now in Turkana. There are brand new roads - for first time - up North - and we may be opening trade with Ethiopia. Somalia is also becoming more peaceful after our intervention. Long term investment in education of the north are starting to paying off - this is not Nigeria where north are absconding school.

Our north had it's own very serious issues - barren dry land - insecurity from our neighbors brought thousands of illegal guns - sudan, ethiopia, uganda and somali - northern kenya also fought a 30yr old secession war as it tried to join somali. And when that secession war ended - somali exploded - and somalis exported their problems there - another nearly 30 waster yrs!!

In short the images of northern kenya as poster child of starvation are over. KaziKazi has to really dig old pictures going forward.

darfay:

Outside starvation, acute poverty as kazikazi pointed out. What is Kenyan North know for
Oloshi

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by gallivant: 5:19pm On Nov 09, 2018
Kazikazi:

Hey stupid, tell us why you don't double stack on the Tanzanian SGR. Ethiopians can speak for themselves.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Kur17: 5:22pm On Nov 09, 2018
Where is this noisy giant...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2321) (2322) (2323) (2324) (2325) (2326) (2327) ... (9933)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.