Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,874 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:54 PM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (247) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6209449 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Litmus: 7:37pm On Dec 20, 2016

Hope and Kindness Kenya was founded in 2002 by Terry and Judi Mott.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by iblawi(m): 7:55pm On Dec 20, 2016
ianSweet:
Original undiluted Nigerian architecture from the Ancient city of Kano.
A historic city built 100% by Black Africans alone.
Can Kikuyus or Kalenjins or Luo ever boast something like this? @NairobiWalker & PissedYagami

AfroCircus:

Uhm, I see oil barrels and electricity lines in the left of the 1st picture, which is dated the same time as the second picture. You sure those ain't pics of present day Bamako, Mali you try to pass as ancient Nigeria?

I wish you could read and understand properly.

That is a recent picture.

Benin Kingdom, Ibadan, Kano, Sokoto caliphate were all cities before whites came to Nigeria. We still have some of those areas in the present day Nigeria.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by MtuMsuper: 7:56pm On Dec 20, 2016
obaaderemi:
Our mutual friend,nairobitrekker,is going to be pissed off by this.i believe he is also animatedly glued to nairaland somewhere in eastafrica now but to encourage a kenyan politician to use nairaland? the very idea!no pun intended
not a politician dude, a career professional. big difference
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by ianSweet(f): 8:05pm On Dec 20, 2016
Litmus:
[img]http://englishlakesblog.files./2012/02/dsc_0063.jpg[/img]

Kenya

LoL, you are right. Kenya is all about white people and humanitarian groups helping poor black people. So sad!

More of Kenya

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by iblawi(m): 8:14pm On Dec 20, 2016
MtuMsuper:

not a politician dude, a career professional. big difference
That means you are not a trekker like NairobiWalker
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by ianSweet(f): 8:33pm On Dec 20, 2016
Seriously, i think Nairobi is a disaster. It is the slum capital of the world. Why so much slums? Must every Kenyan live in Nairobi?

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by ianSweet(f): 8:37pm On Dec 20, 2016
I think all these Kenyans here PissedYagami, NairobiWalker e.t.c here are the biggest loosers in the world.
How can a capital city have these kinds of places? Not just one slum, not two, but dozens of them. Is there a government in that country at all?

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by ianSweet(f): 8:42pm On Dec 20, 2016
AfroCircus, Muafrika2, KenyanStar et al
Now i can see why Kenya atttacts so many tourists, seems like most of them just want to see what the largest slum (concentration of poverty) in Africa looks like.
With all the foreign aid, why are so many slums still in Nairobi?

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by ianSweet(f): 8:56pm On Dec 20, 2016
Gosh, i can't imagine Nigeria's capital city ABUJA, the largest planned modern city in Africa with over 3 million inhabitants with the kind of slums Nairobi has.

Nairobi's slums are even more famous than the main city itself, well that's not surprising considering the large size and numbers of the slums.

Kenyans really need to learn from Nigeria what it takes to build a capital city to meet world standards.
Even Lagos city, the largest city in Africa (with about 20 million people) had only One slum Makoko which has now been demolished, but Nairobi that is not up to one quarter of Lagos has the largest and highest number of slums. What an abyssmal shame!

The worst part of all these is that u find the Indians who milk Kenya's rescources in the wealthiest neighbourhoods while the black majority languish in these kinds of dejected neighbourhoods and the same colonial Indians will be the people to brainwash my black brothers that skin colour does not matter.

O ye black man, who has bewitched you like this?

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by iblawi(m): 9:06pm On Dec 20, 2016
ianSweet:
Now i can see why Kenya atttacts so many tourists, seems like most of them just want to see what the largest slum (concentration of poverty) in Africa looks like.
IanSweet it's OK.

Please don't post too many pics of slums here. It will send a bad image of Africa to the world. The Kenyans are happy for what they have achieved so far. It's not easy selling tea and still come up with a nice city even though most of them stay in slums. It's just a starting point for them.

I know myself Nigeria is better but we don't sell tea. We sell sweet crude which generate a lot of money for us. This is why we can carry out far bigger project. Look at the transformation in Akwa Ibom and lagos from 2007 to 2015. Many other states like Calabar, Abuja, portharcourt and others were better than Lagos and Akwa ibom in terms of infrastructure. But today Lagos became a city all Nigerians now want to call home even though it's a Yoruba land. That is the big difference between us. We can make big changes within a very short time.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by ianSweet(f): 9:16pm On Dec 20, 2016
iblawi:

IanSweet it's OK.

Please don't post too many pics of slums here. It will send a bad image of Africa to the world. The Kenyans are happy for what they have achieved so far. It's not easy selling tea and still come up with a nice city even though most of them stay in slums. It's just a starting point for them.

I know myself Nigeria is better but we don't sell tea. We sell sweet crude which generate a lot of money for us. This is why we can carry out far bigger project. Look at the transformation in Akwa Ibom and lagos from 2007 to 2015. Many other states like Calabar, Abuja, portharcourt and others were better than Lagos and Akwa ibom in terms of infrastructure. But today Lagos became a city all Nigerians now want to call home even though it's a Yoruba land. That is the big difference between us. We can make big changes within a very short time.

Yes, i think you are right.

Personally i have no issues with Kenyans but the way Kenyans brag and boast about Kenya and belittle Nigeria will make you think Kenya is really really advanced not knowing that they are just as terrible as most African countries or even worse.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by naijalander: 9:27pm On Dec 20, 2016
Talk is cheap.

AfroCircus:

Ignorance is venomous, and it murders the soul

A 10 year old Chinese kid is assembling a watch somewhere for his homework, yet here you are, an adult Internet warrior with absolutely no perception of what HDI is
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by solbil: 9:48pm On Dec 20, 2016
NairobiWalker:

Let me for a minute pretend Nigerians actually go to space.
If Kenya had misplaced priorities like you guys we would have entered space a long time ago but we were busy ensuring everyone has good access to electricity, water, education and improving our HDI.

missplaced priorities you call it? From what you have said, you did not disappoint me when you came up with the usual you are poor, you have to improve standard of life, get your priorities right, mantra that the whole world have made us Africans to always be concerned about.

We Nigerians do not allow ourselves to be defined by poverty, ill health etc and that's why we still go to school anyway even though we may not have eaten in the morning. The result, we are leading the entire African continent and you guys just want to be like us as could be clearly seen from those links i posted here.

But is our involvement in astronomy and high tech physics beyond the stratosphere a misplaced priority? Listen to what a white European is telling you trying to correct your wrong idea of yourself that you should only be concerned about is how to tackle poverty and disease.

Thanks for these comments,
Jeremy. The comments on the
alleged vanity of African Space
Science give me a big “roll eyes”
feeling. If we look back, we
Europeans have a history of 3000
years pondering the Skies and the
origins of it all, and the scientific
revolution of the 18th and 19th
centuries happened with a
backdrop of poverty, hunger,
wars and mass migrations. I can
attest to the fact that studies an
the earth- and space sciences
(both often are closely
intertwined) equip the students
with an understanding of
complexities in general, allowing
them to enter in and contribute
to many different fields.
Astronomy, Physics and the Geo
and Environmental Sciences all
include essential tools for coping
with complex and large scale
development and environmental
issues. A “space project” already
is using, for example, Remote
sensing GIS data from existing
platforms for land use and
regional planning and training
students in geo information
sciences. This is called
development. Capacity building.
Fishing rods instead of donations
of canned fish, so to say. The
opponents appear to have an
interest in keeping Africa low,
keep Africa from developing too
much and thus from eventually
becoming an emancipated
competition for European
companies. And it is ridiculous
and immoral anyway to complain
about Africa receiving too much
aid after European countries
exploited the continent for
centuries. A beautiful aspect is
that all space programs in
developing countries operate on
shoestring budgets and thus are
forced to become immensely
creative to find low cost solutions.
Maybe that feels like a threat to
some folks who are used to the
comfort of monstrous state
budgets…https://makewealthhistory.org/2013/08/13/the-truth-about-africas-space-programmes/
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by solbil: 10:22pm On Dec 20, 2016
to those who think Africa/Nigeria and Science should not be mentioned in the same sentence, this is for you

The truth about Africa’s space
programmes
Posted by Jeremy Williams
Of all the stupid things written about
Africa in the British press, the recent
fussing about space programmes is
among the stupidest. If you’re lucky
enough not to have come across the story,
it concerns countries that receive
development aid from Britain and also
have space programmes of one kind of
another. Outrageous, say UKIP, the
tabloids and the anti-aid brigade.
“If a foreign government has enough cash
to invest in an ambitious space
programme,” says Matthew Sinclair of the
ubiquitous Taxpayers Alliance, “it should
not expect to be receiving cash from the
UK which is earmarked for helping the
world’s poorest.” Tory MP Philip Davies
joins in: “We have got to say to these
countries ‘you have got to spend that
money on your people where it’s most
needed not on some grandiose space
programme’.”
There are a couple of assumptions here.
One is that these schemes are ‘grandiose’
or ambitious. The second is that they
won’t do any good for the poor. Neither
of those things is necessarily true.
First, despite the tabloid talk of ‘joining the
space race‘, these are generally not vanity
projects. Most often we’re talking about
astronomy programmes at African
universities, taking advantage of the
continent’s clear skies. If sending anything
into space is involved at all, it’s satellites,
not space missions. Usually the satellites
are carried on other countries’ rockets,
such as China’s or Russia’s. The main focus
of space initiatives is often academic,
aimed at developing local engineering
expertise and encouraging science and
innovation.
“Space programs in Africa are not focused
on getting men in space,” says Professor
Nithaya Chetty of South Africa’s space
agency. “African governments are finally
coming around to understand the critical
importance of science as an instrument
for development. Training in astronomy,
and training in computing and
engineering leads to skills that are very
wide ranging and are transferable to
other disciplines.”
Some of the countries being talked about
have space programmes, but we shouldn’t
read too much into the idea. Kenya is a
leader in astronomy, but in terms of actual
spacefaring ambitions, it has a disused
Italian launchpad off Malindi that it would
like to renovate as a commercial venture.
Ghana’s Space Science and Technology
Centre did launch its first ‘satellite’ this
year, but it was the size of a coke can,
built by students and was launched by
weather balloon as a demonstration
project.
The Daily Mail was being particularly
disingenuous in its tutting about Uganda
this week. The very same paper ran a
story poking fun at Uganda’s ‘space
programme’ two years ago, under the
headline ‘Not exactly NASA!’. The Ugandan
space project is run by volunteer
enthusiasts, and suggesting Uganda
doesn’t deserve our aid because of it is
self-serving nonsense.
Secondly, satellite programmes can help
the poor. Many parts of Africa, especially
deeper rural areas, are badly connected
and in desperate need of infrastructure.
Satellite technology can open up
communications to those regions far
more cheaply than attempting to cable
them all. This improves governance too,
with governments able to keep in contact
with the further reaches of the country.
Satellites can play a role in monitoring
droughts, pollution, desertification and
natural disasters. One of Nigeria’s satellites
relays images of natural disaster zones to
relief agencies, and was used to study
malaria vectors. They can keep an eye on
conflict zones and border disputes and
track the movements of rebel forces, as
the Satellite Sentinel Project does in Sudan.
Now, that particular satellite project was
set up by George Clooney and friends, so
that’s obviously okay. If an African country
had launched it, would it be a luxury
vanity project that could have been better
spend on the poor? Of course not.
Then there are agricultural and weather
forecasting applications, global
positioning and mapping technologies,
data gathering and climate monitoring.
Africa will benefit from all of these things,
including the poor. Investing in these
technologies is not an either/or decision
between satellites and sanitation, any
more than Britain has to choose between
doing something about youth
unemployment and supporting our own
Space Agency.
British taxpayers’ money isn’t going
towards space programmes in Africa,
though plenty of our aid money does go
astray, I’m sure. And I’m sure that some
developing world space projects are
nationalist ego projects with budgets that
could be better spent elsewhere. But
satellite technology is important and
everyone has a right to it. We should
celebrate African universities contributing
to our knowledge of astronomy, providing
Southern hemisphere platforms for space
observation, and playing an active role in
the advance of science.
Nigeria is even training the first bona fide
African astronaut. Great. What could be a
better symbol of a rising Africa?
Share this:
Nigeriasat-X, built in Surrey

https://makewealthhistory.org/2013/08/13/the-truth-about-africas-space-programmes/
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 10:28pm On Dec 20, 2016
ianSweet:

Hahahaha, Kenyans will not kill me with their ignorance.
Do u know that Fulfude (the native language of fulanis) is a sene-gambian language? And this has been the language of fulanis since their origin in futa djallon area of Senegal.
Fulanis are full negroids who originated from Senegal. The closest languages to fulani are wolof, Serer, Tukulor and other west African languages spoken by black africans.
Go and check fulani history well. They originated here in West Africa. It is even the hausas who are believed to have middle-eastern origin which some of their genes prove. The fulanis have pure African genes.

Besides, the fulanis conquered only the hausas. The yorubas, Edos, Bornus and other Nigerian tribes also had their ancient kingdoms and empires, some even stronger than the Sokoto caliphate.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by gallivant: 10:53pm On Dec 20, 2016
ianSweet:

Exactly, the foreigners deceive them with the 'multicultural or united multiracial society' tag, whereas you find the white and Indian people living in the most exotic and affluent neighbourhoods milking their heritage and country while majority of the black people live in the slums and imterior villages with no amenities of modern life.

Worst of all, u hardly find the whites or Indians intermarrying them, they prefer to marry within their own kind and social class in order to maintain their wealth and economic domination of thr blacks. It's just so sad how black people are exploited by others even on our own soil and motherland.
Thank God for Nigeria- THE PRIDE OF THE BLACK MAN

Lol

Do you now understand why we assigned you kitchen duties? Quit embarrassing yourself. Nigerian women need some class. cry
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 10:59pm On Dec 20, 2016
NairobiWalker:

I'm really giving this dude sleepless nights he can't stop thinking of me. Why would I be mad that someone joined Nairaland yet I'm on Nairaland? The earlier he joins the better - there's always a lot to learn from online forums and it's good when senior government officials understand their countries and people better.
Yes,u are really learning here on nairaland though ur posts prove otherwise.and i think u are the one having sleepless nights quoting almost everyone here even when not mentioned.u stick out like a cockroach on a cake with ur childish tantrums and wailing.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by gallivant: 11:13pm On Dec 20, 2016
The first African to space was South African the second was Kenyan. Nigerians good luck with the satelites.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by mkenya254: 11:35pm On Dec 20, 2016
This thread has become too repetitive.

Here is why I Like Kenya.
We have accepted the issues we have and are working to solve them while Nigerians still have their heads in the sand and keep talking of how great they are yet this does not reflect on the common Nigerian.

Let us looks at some things. I gave very practical applications of how the government of Kenya has adopted technology and is even experimenting with some technologies that not many countries tries in the world are willing to at the moment e. G. Blockchain. Right now I can do a land registry search, company registration, driver license renewal, submit tax returns, get insurance etc all online. @ianSweet replies by producing a list of Nigerians who hold patents by creating new technologies. The sad fact is that for all people in the list she produced, there is NO single technology that has been adopted in anyway to create a successful startup or has changed the life of any ordinary Nigerian in Nigeria or wherever. But look at Kenya, Mpesa brought financial services to even the most marginalized communities living in the desert, mkopo solar provides power to people that have not been reached by the national grid etc. In a country whose 70% of the population lives below 1Usd per day we have the most successful startups being online shopping instead of agriculture... Lol

Despite many reports having been linked to here showing that 66% of people in Lagos are in a slum. Many Nigerians with the aim of national pride are willing to dispell Facts and pretend that slums are non existent and resort to posting endless pictures of slums they have googled to be in Nairobi. The sad fact was especially when they keep reiterating that Makoko has been completely destroyed yet I have seen Makoko with my own eyes thus year and several articles show that only a VERY SMALL part of Makoko was demolished. What is Kenya doing? We have slum upgrade plans that despite facing many hiccups and are slower than expected have worked for some slum dwellers.

About white and Indian masters. This is coming from a country where people are not proud of being black and even segregate and admonish other Africans for having a dark complexion... Lol. Majority of large companies in Nigeria have a lot of foreign shareholding including their iconic banks. Majority of construction projects in Nigeria like most developing African countries are by the Chinese but Nigeria is very quick to admonish Kenya when we have any debt or chinese funded operation :/ The level of hypocrisy is appaling

Misguided ambitions. Nigeria is exploring space technology yet it does not even have enough electrical power to provide 24hr electricity to any of it's residents sad
Nigeria is building a war ship at billions of naira but cannot tackle and finish the Boko Haram who of totally destroyed would lead to billions being injected into Nigeria by investors in the marginalized northern areas. If these billions were pumped into agriculture, such a green country with lots of rivers would stop importing basic necessities for its citizens e.g. Milk and other common produce.

Industrialization. Nigerians claim that their industries are the main reasons why they are lacking 24/7 power in their homes.. Lol. I mean what is the need for these industries if I am going to go home to a dark house on most nights.

Closing statements. Nigeria is the largest oil producer in Africa and the 5th largest in the world yet they cannot compare themselves with most of the top 10 oil producers in the world and majority of their refined oil is imported #sigh , Nigeria has the largest population in Africa(cheap labour) and hundreds of thousands of arable and fertile land but imports Extremely basic food products that can easily be grown, a country that admonishes other countries for accommodating people of other races while they practice the worst kind of racism I can think of, black on black racism, a country whose eyes are closed due to the fact that their big ignorant heads are too far up their asses to notice that their large GDP and a few rich men e.g. Dankote do not in any way show the success of their country if the common citizen still has no power, lives in a oil polluted environment(spills and smoke) and noise polluted environment due to generators, is more likely to die due to insecurity(Boko Haram in the northern states), is likely not to be paid in time even by a government employer(majority of the states have difficulty in paying workers on time). The ordinary citizen is also more likely to be out of a job(unemployment is at 13% and the recent 700000 applications for 500 Firs jobs is just a big shame). A country that struggles to finance a 20bn USD budget on a 500bn USD GDP is a joke of a country. I mean the Kenyan budget is 22bn USD for 45m Kenyans.

That said, in Kenya we also do have our problems and are working towards creating practical solutions(not a bunch of useless patents in some shelf) but the ability of Nigerians to ignore facts and official reports posted here just for national pride is just shocking and goes on to show the arrogant nature they are associated with or maybe a poor education system that would lead someone to disapprove UN reports and other official reports because they have never stepped out of their village or country

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Horus(m): 11:51pm On Dec 20, 2016
gallivant:
The first African to space was South African the second was Kenyan. Nigerians good luck with the satelites.

Kenyan? , he look more like an Indian
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by gallivant: 12:11am On Dec 21, 2016
Horus:

Kenyan? , he look more like an Indian

You are blind then. What colour is your satellites? grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 3:35am On Dec 21, 2016
ianSweet:
It seems you people were living in slums way before anybody else in Africa. That should explain alot of things about you, like why lagos is mega slum. It's long accepted for centuries, and worse, passed of as civilization sad
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by MtuMsuper: 4:43am On Dec 21, 2016
mkenya254:
This thread has become too repetitive.

Here is why I Like Kenya.
We have accepted the issues we have and are working to solve them while Nigerians still have their heads in the sand and keep talking of how great they are yet this does not reflect on the common Nigerian.

Let us looks at some things. I gave very practical applications of how the government of Kenya has adopted technology and is even experimenting with some technologies that not many countries tries in the world are willing to at the moment e. G. Blockchain. Right now I can do a land registry search, company registration, driver license renewal, submit tax returns, get insurance etc all online. @ianSweet replies by producing a list of Nigerians who hold patents by creating new technologies. The sad fact is that for all people in the list she produced, there is NO single technology that has been adopted in anyway to create a successful startup or has changed the life of any ordinary Nigerian in Nigeria or wherever. But look at Kenya, Mpesa brought financial services to even the most marginalized communities living in the desert, mkopo solar provides power to people that have not been reached by the national grid etc. In a country whose 70% of the population lives below 1Usd per day we have the most successful startups being online shopping instead of agriculture... Lol

Despite many reports having been linked to here showing that 66% of people in Lagos are in a slum. Many Nigerians with the aim of national pride are willing to dispell Facts and pretend that slums are non existent and resort to posting endless pictures of slums they have googled to be in Nairobi. The sad fact was especially when they keep reiterating that Makoko has been completely destroyed yet I have seen Makoko with my own eyes thus year and several articles show that only a VERY SMALL part of Makoko was demolished. What is Kenya doing? We have slum upgrade plans that despite facing many hiccups and are slower than expected have worked for some slum dwellers.

About white and Indian masters. This is coming from a country where people are not proud of being black and even segregate and admonish other Africans for having a dark complexion... Lol. Majority of large companies in Nigeria have a lot of foreign shareholding including their iconic banks. Majority of construction projects in Nigeria like most developing African countries are by the Chinese but Nigeria is very quick to admonish Kenya when we have any debt or chinese funded operation :/ The level of hypocrisy is appaling

Misguided ambitions. Nigeria is exploring space technology yet it does not even have enough electrical power to provide 24hr electricity to any of it's residents sad
Nigeria is building a war ship at billions of naira but cannot tackle and finish the Boko Haram who of totally destroyed would lead to billions being injected into Nigeria by investors in the marginalized northern areas. If these billions were pumped into agriculture, such a green country with lots of rivers would stop importing basic necessities for its citizens e.g. Milk and other common produce.

Industrialization. Nigerians claim that their industries are the main reasons why they are lacking 24/7 power in their homes.. Lol. I mean what is the need for these industries if I am going to go home to a dark house on most nights.

Closing statements. Nigeria is the largest oil producer in Africa and the 5th largest in the world yet they cannot compare themselves with most of the top 10 oil producers in the world and majority of their refined oil is imported #sigh , Nigeria has the largest population in Africa(cheap labour) and hundreds of thousands of arable and fertile land but imports Extremely basic food products that can easily be grown, a country that admonishes other countries for accommodating people of other races while they practice the worst kind of racism I can think of, black on black racism, a country whose eyes are closed due to the fact that their big ignorant heads are too far up their asses to notice that their large GDP and a few rich men e.g. Dankote do not in any way show the success of their country if the common citizen still has no power, lives in a oil polluted environment(spills and smoke) and noise polluted environment due to generators, is more likely to die due to insecurity(Boko Haram in the northern states), is likely not to be paid in time even by a government employer(majority of the states have difficulty in paying workers on time). The ordinary citizen is also more likely to be out of a job(unemployment is at 13% and the recent 700000 applications for 500 Firs jobs is just a big shame). A country that struggles to finance a 20bn USD budget on a 500bn USD GDP is a joke of a country. I mean the Kenyan budget is 22bn USD for 45m Kenyans.

That said, in Kenya we also do have our problems and are working towards creating practical solutions(not a bunch of useless patents in some shelf) but the ability of Nigerians to ignore facts and official reports posted here just for national pride is just shocking and goes on to show the arrogant nature they are associated with or maybe a poor education system that would lead someone to disapprove UN reports and other official reports because they have never stepped out of their village or country
Yup. in a nutshell.

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 5:02am On Dec 21, 2016
obaaderemi:
Yes,u are really learning here on nairaland though ur posts prove otherwise.and i think u are the one having sleepless nights quoting almost everyone here even when not mentioned.u stick out like a cockroach on a cake with ur childish tantrums and wailing.

At least I only quote you when you quote or mention me. You're all over quoting everything I post and when I don't post you're all over talking about me. You behave like a lazy jobless woman - always talking about people who are better than her.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 5:07am On Dec 21, 2016
See how you embarrass the black race

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by solbil: 5:08am On Dec 21, 2016
We will keep posting evidence of our technological superiority anyway even though the Kenyans in here choose to ignore it due to over bloated ego.

I have personally used this technology myself, so there is no doubting it!

Cutting-Edge Technologies
NAFDAC is spearheading global efforts
in the use of Cutting- Edge
Technologies to fight counterfeiting.
TruScan (Raman Spectroscopy )
Mobile Authentication Service (SMS
TEXT Messaging)
We are the first Medicines Regulatory
Authority to deploy and use Truscan®,
a hand held device, with resounding
success at borders and within the
country to detect counterfeit
medicines on the spot.
Truscan
The Truscan is a hand-held device
used for on -the -spot detection of
counterfeit medicines.
Celebrated investigative journalist, Dan
Rather, formerly of CBS, was in Nigeria
to see this device in use first hand.
Concept of Operations
NAFDAC Central Lab in Lagos
Develops and maintains library of
medicines.
Sends updates to field units.
Collects and analyzes data from field.
Field Inspectors
Perform random and targeted
inspections
Generate and sends reports.
GPHF Minilab Test Kits: We are utilizing
the Global Pharma Health Fund Minilab
Test Kits for speedy evaluation of
medicines. It is a reliable, simple and
inexpensive method for detecting
counterfeit medicines.
Mobile Authentication Service (MAS)
NAFDAC has launched the Mobile
Authentication Service (MAS) using
Short Message Service (SMS).
This technology has put the power of
detecting counterfeit regulated
products in the hands of more than
80 million Nigerian cell phone users.

http://www.nafdac.gov.ng/index.php/component/content/article/187-nafdac-innovations/240-cutting-edge-technologies
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by AfroCircus: 5:09am On Dec 21, 2016
ianSweet:
You talking from a Utopia or something? Nairobi has its fair share of slums and the 60% people perceived as living in slums is inclusive of low income highrise Estates like pipeline, umoja, imara daima etc. Lagos is 66% slums
ianSweet:
Gosh, i can't imagine Nigeria's capital city ABUJA, the largest planned modern city in Africa with over 3 million inhabitants with the kind of slums Nairobi has.

Nairobi's slums are even more famous than the main city itself, well that's not surprising considering the large size and numbers of the slums.

Kenyans really need to learn from Nigeria what it takes to build a capital city to meet world standards.
Even Lagos city, the largest city in Africa (with about 20 million people) had only One slum Makoko which has now been demolished, but Nairobi that is not up to one quarter of Lagos has the largest and highest number of slums. What an abyssmal shame!

The worst part of all these is that u find the Indians who milk Kenya's rescources in the wealthiest neighbourhoods while the black majority languish in these kinds of dejected neighbourhoods and the same colonial Indians will be the people to brainwash my black brothers that skin colour does not matter.

O ye black man, who has bewitched you like this?
A small part of makoko was demolished and the folks protested all over. And makoko has got to be among the most worrying places to live in, a slum on top of a swampy sewage!

Please don't lie, I hate soiling other countries and unearthing hidden skeletons but such a huge lie after such blatant soiling can't go unanswered. here's a list of some slums there (won't give pictures unless prompted to

Makoko
Agege
Ajegunle
Amukoko
Badia
Bariga
Bodija
Ijeshatedo/Itire
Ilaje
Iwaya
Mushin
Oke-Offa Babasale
Somolu
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by AfroCircus: 5:11am On Dec 21, 2016
naijalander:
Talk is cheap.
Reasoning should be cheaper I suppose, don't be blind to reason.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 5:14am On Dec 21, 2016
.........and somebody still says Lagos has no slums. I don't blame her though, she's never been to Lagos anyway.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 5:18am On Dec 21, 2016
More Lagos

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 5:19am On Dec 21, 2016
The Abuja that they claim has no slums and the magnificent Naija Railways

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 5:29am On Dec 21, 2016
"Normal" housing in Nigeria

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) ... (9933)

Viewing this topic: 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.