Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,781 members, 7,820,733 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:25 PM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (248) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6208864 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by solbil: 5:31am On Dec 21, 2016
A post to debunk the myth being peddled here by MKenyan that we are not applying techmology in agriculture. The fact is, we are not only applying tech in agric, other countries are copying from us, a thing no one is doing with the overhyped Mpesa.

Published On: Mon, Dec 22nd, 2014
A Slider / Agriculture | By Peoples Daily
Related News
What
hope as
pneumonia,
diarrhea
kills more Corruption:
Group
faults
senate on
Babachir, President
Buhari
and El-
Rufai’s
comment
Agric e-wallet reaches 14m
farmers, says Adesina
By Mohammed Kandi
The Minister of Agriculture and Rural
Development, Dr. Akinwumi Adesina said
that the electronic wallet system (e-wallet)
has recorded the name and location of at
least 14 million Nigerian farmers.
Adesina make this known recently at a
launch of Youth Employment in Agriculture
Program (YEAP) and the Fund for
Agricultural Finance in Nigeria in Abuja.
Recall that the e-wallet system was
deployed by the Agricultural and Rural
Development ministry in a bid to provide
farmers with subsidized farm inputs using
the mobile phone technology.
Adesina said: “Today, our e wallet system
has reached 14 million farmers, and we
have their names and locations. Nigeria is
the first in the world to develop and use e-
wallet to deliver farm input at scale and
several African countries are learning from
us. The agriculture sector has changed,
Nigeria is now export transparency.”
According to him, the country’s food
production had improved following the
launch of e-wallet system. “As a nation, we
have produced an additional 21 million MT
of food within the last 3 years. According
to the National Bureau of Statistics, food
imports declined from N 1.1 trillion ($ 6.7
billion) in 2009 to N 684 billion ($4.35
billion) in 2013 and continues to decline.”
He also informed that Nigeria was able to
achieve improvement in the agriculture
sector due to increased local food
production and reduction in food
importation, especially at a time of falling
oil prices and devaluation.
“Agriculture is now an exciting sector.
Today major local and international
investors are investing in this new
agriculture sector, with $5.6 billion in
investments. The number of seed
companies alone has risen from 5 to 80
within three years. And the banks are
lending to the sector more than ever
before,” the minister said.
He added that, “YEAP will develop a new
cadre of 740,000 market-oriented young
agricultural producers in rural areas.
These will be school leavers and rural
youth leaders and there will be 20,000 of
them per state of the federation.”
Adesina said: “YEAP will also develop 18,
500 university graduates who will be
formed into young agribusiness
entrepreneurs called “nagropreneurs”.
They will develop businesses along the
entire agricultural value chains, from the
farm, storage, processing and value
addition, financial services and logistics.”
The minister also assured that
government would support the youth in
accessing technical, entrepreneurial,
finance, business and marketing skills,
including land and link to major
agribusinesses.

http://www.peoplesdailyng.com/agric-e-wallet-reaches-14m-farmers-says-adesina/
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 5:32am On Dec 21, 2016
Abuja that they claim to be the perfect African city with no slums

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by iblawi(m): 5:42am On Dec 21, 2016
NairobiWalker:
Abuja that they claim to be the perfect African city with no slums
Nice photoshop, even a blind man can see it.

Why trying so hard to post slums in Nigeria? I even saw you post refuse dump as slums.

The truth is most pics you will get online are really old.

Sorry dear, we don't need UN Habitat.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by maasoap(m): 6:34am On Dec 21, 2016
vivalavida:
I don't blame the Kenyans and the Ghanaians for constantly taking potshots at this shitty country called Nigeria. At best they are a country with one or two major tribes that are related in one way or the other and separated by few languages. But this hellhole shouldn't be referred to as a country at all. We are too diverse to be one. That is why when one section gets the presidency, the other sections try to undermine it. In so doing, the economy of the country is hurt.
So Biko I don't blame them. Nigeria as large as it is is useless to mankind
Bitter truth. Very unfortunate.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 6:37am On Dec 21, 2016
iblawi:
Nice photoshop, even a blind man can see it.

Why trying so hard to post slums in Nigeria? I even saw you post refuse dump as slums.

The truth is most pics you will get online are really old.

Sorry dear, we don't need UN Habitat.

It's not Photoshop, that's an article like you can see with two photos, one of prostitutes and the other in the background is the slums. Funny you can't understand simple things like how articles are written. Speaking of old photos - aren't you the same guys recycling old photos of Kibera here? ......and considering Abuja is a new city, how old can those photos be? Stop putting your head in the sand. I have posted several photos, nor just the one you quoted and these are fresh new articles from the internet. More Abuja slums for you.

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 6:43am On Dec 21, 2016
Slums so bad you want to convince people they're dumpsite. Poor Nigerians

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Kenyanstar: 7:41am On Dec 21, 2016
Kenya
I feel sad that Nigerians will celebrate this Christmas season with no electricity and a menu consisting of generator smoke and fumes!!!

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 7:59am On Dec 21, 2016
Welcome to Onitsha.....

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 8:03am On Dec 21, 2016
Welcome to Onitsha - the world's dirtiest and most polluted city.
Nigeria has 3 cities in the top 20, Kenya has non.

http://www..com/talk/topic,294844.0.html

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by forgiveness: 8:19am On Dec 21, 2016
Nwankpa emerges world powerlifting Champ again

Nwankpa emerges world powerlifting Champ again
Prince Kennedy Nwankpa has again broken the world record by being the latest global champion in 90kg powerlifting sport as he clinched the 3 gold medals and two trophies at stake for the category.
Nwamkpa, popularly known as Mr. Universe, achieved this fest at the recently-concluded powerlifting competition organized by World Powerlifting Federation (WPF).
The one-week event which was hosted at Connaught leisure Tongham, Andershot, London had over 50 countries in attendance. Nigeria and Cameroon represented Africa.
The new world champion, who spoke to journalists on arrival at the Sam Mbakwe International Cargo Airport,Owerri on Saturday said, he dedicated the victory to God and Governor Rochas Okorocha of Imo State.
“I dedicate this victory to God and Governor Rochas Okorocha of Imo State for their implicit support. The day it was my class to compete - 82.5kg , I was weighed to confirm my class or category, surprisingly, I weighed 85kg, which means I added 2.5kg. The organizers insisted I will now compete in 90kg class. I bluntly refused but they insisted.
"All I did was to starve myself for 24 hours with intensive training, I raised my confidence level and was determined that the Nigeria National Anthem will be sang first.
After I reweighed and was weighing 85.5kg, I took a lot of water and then relaxed my muscles and after 5 hours, the competition started, I destroyed all the competitors. I took away the three gold medals, two trophies as evidence of breaking new world records.
The implication is that I will never compete in 82.5kg class again and in 2017 I will be in Chicago, USA to defend the 90kg class, but I will work hard to retain the title.

http://authorityngr.com/2016/12/Nwankpa-emerges-world-powerlifting-Champ-again/

In sports, holistically speaking, Nigeria is ahead of Kenya. grin

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 8:31am On Dec 21, 2016
Anambra - the economic and political powerhouse of Nigeria

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 8:49am On Dec 21, 2016
Welcome to Ibadan

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by mkenya254: 9:11am On Dec 21, 2016
solbil:
A post to debunk the myth being peddled here by MKenyan that we are not applying techmology in agriculture. The fact is, we are not only applying tech in agric, other countries are copying from us, a thing no one is doing with the overhyped Mpesa.

Published On: Mon, Dec 22nd, 2014
A Slider / Agriculture | By Peoples Daily
Related News
What
hope as
pneumonia,
diarrhea
kills more Corruption:
Group
faults
senate on
Babachir, President
Buhari
and El-
Rufai’s
comment
Agric e-wallet reaches 14m
farmers, says Adesina
By Mohammed Kandi
The Minister of Agriculture and Rural
Development, Dr. Akinwumi Adesina said
that the electronic wallet system (e-wallet)
has recorded the name and location of at
least 14 million Nigerian farmers.
Adesina make this known recently at a
launch of Youth Employment in Agriculture
Program (YEAP) and the Fund for
Agricultural Finance in Nigeria in Abuja.
Recall that the e-wallet system was
deployed by the Agricultural and Rural
Development ministry in a bid to provide
farmers with subsidized farm inputs using
the mobile phone technology.
Adesina said: “Today, our e wallet system
has reached 14 million farmers, and we
have their names and locations. Nigeria is
the first in the world to develop and use e-
wallet to deliver farm input at scale and
several African countries are learning from
us. The agriculture sector has changed,
Nigeria is now export transparency.”
According to him, the country’s food
production had improved following the
launch of e-wallet system. “As a nation, we
have produced an additional 21 million MT
of food within the last 3 years. According
to the National Bureau of Statistics, food
imports declined from N 1.1 trillion ($ 6.7
billion) in 2009 to N 684 billion ($4.35
billion) in 2013 and continues to decline.”
He also informed that Nigeria was able to
achieve improvement in the agriculture
sector due to increased local food
production and reduction in food
importation, especially at a time of falling
oil prices and devaluation.
“Agriculture is now an exciting sector.
Today major local and international
investors are investing in this new
agriculture sector, with $5.6 billion in
investments. The number of seed
companies alone has risen from 5 to 80
within three years. And the banks are
lending to the sector more than ever
before,” the minister said.
He added that, “YEAP will develop a new
cadre of 740,000 market-oriented young
agricultural producers in rural areas.
These will be school leavers and rural
youth leaders and there will be 20,000 of
them per state of the federation.”
Adesina said: “YEAP will also develop 18,
500 university graduates who will be
formed into young agribusiness
entrepreneurs called “nagropreneurs”.
They will develop businesses along the
entire agricultural value chains, from the
farm, storage, processing and value
addition, financial services and logistics.”
The minister also assured that
government would support the youth in
accessing technical, entrepreneurial,
finance, business and marketing skills,
including land and link to major
agribusinesses.

http://www.peoplesdailyng.com/agric-e-wallet-reaches-14m-farmers-says-adesina/

Lol.. You see why I keep saying Nigerians are the most ignorant people walking on this continent.

Here are some countries that have adopted MPESA.
It has since expanded to Afghanistan, South Africa, India and in 2014 to Romania and in 2015 to Albania. M-Pesa allows users to deposit, withdraw, transfer money and pay for goods and services (Lipa na M-Pesa) easily with a mobile device.[2]

By June 2016, a total of 7 million M-Pesa accounts have been opened in Tanzania by Vodacom.

more than 56 million Africans currently have mobile money accounts. Across sub-Saharan Africa, more companies are trying to follow suit; 41 new operators launched in 2012 alone.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by KwachImani(f): 9:42am On Dec 21, 2016
Muafrika2:

So they were living in slums even before Europeans ( and Fulani colonialists) came.

Am still curious as to when Fulanis of good conscience like you plan to leave the black Africans and go back to the desert with your cattle.

Did you notice the POWER LINES(ELECTRICITY LINES AND POLES) on those pictures?....seems like they invented and were transmitting and supplying electricity before the white man came to Nigeria.
I wonder what changed since then that they cannot even provide the same adequate electricity for themselves.
Seems the white man came saw and took all the electricity generating and transmitting know how with him.
She's just pathetic!

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Naija4Fatality: 9:49am On Dec 21, 2016
Finally am back!!!!
Ok let's get to business, kenya has a population of 48-54 millions while the population of nigeria is 184million
=> nigeria standard of living is far better than that of kenya and also the GDP of nigeria is far more than that of kenya
This means that kenya is more poorer than nigeria , both in infastructure and economic power, nigeria has the capacity to do a lot of things that kenya can not and the poverty in kenya is worse than nigeria.
So with this statistics I think its a sin for kenya to compare their tiny country with nigeria, for that reason have decided to comare Kenya with LAGOS, a city in nigeri
LAgos GDP and standard of living is far better than Kenya Gdp and their standard of Living
Lagos Gdp is around 90billion us dollar -130 us billion dollar, as of 2015
And Kenya Gdp is around 54-64 us billion dollar

What else do u want , with this statistics anybody, even stupid person should know that
Despite power cut and inefficient water supply in nigeria, the country is still more important than kenya globally and its more advance than kenya in technology, movie, music, sport and capacity to purchase.
But corruption is the main problem nigeria face, so am whiching buhari succed in fight against corruption

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by ianSweet(f): 10:06am On Dec 21, 2016
AfroCircus:

You talking from a Utopia or something? Nairobi has its fair share of slums and the 60% people perceived as living in slums is inclusive of low income highrise Estates like pipeline, umoja, imara daima etc. Lagos is 66% slums

A small part of makoko was demolished and the folks protested all over. And makoko has got to be among the most worrying places to live in, a slum on top of a swampy sewage!

Please don't lie, I hate soiling other countries and unearthing hidden skeletons but such a huge lie after such blatant soiling can't go unanswered. here's a list of some slums there (won't give pictures unless prompted to

Makoko
Agege
Ajegunle
Amukoko
Badia
Bariga
Bodija
Ijeshatedo/Itire
Ilaje
Iwaya
Mushin
Oke-Offa Babasale
Somolu

I dare you to produce the pictures of slums in Nigeria if u really can.
All these places u are listing, i agree are low income areas but they are not slums because most of the houses you find in these places are made of blocks, bricks and concrete and are appartment styled houses with streets with motorable roads, sewages for each compounds and modern toilet facilities.

This is why apart from Makoko (which has been demolished), no other place in Lagos can be classified as a slum by the standard definition of a slum.

Prove that those places u mentioned are slums if truly you know what you claim!
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 10:11am On Dec 21, 2016
ianSweet:

All these places u are listing, i agree are low income areas but they are not slums because most of the houses you find in these places are made of blocks, bricks and concrete and are appartment styled houses with streets with motorable roads, sewages for each compounds and modern toilet facilities.

This is why apart from Makoko (which has been demolished), no other place in Lagos can be classified as a slum by the standard definition of a slum.

Agege slum

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 10:13am On Dec 21, 2016
ianSweet:

Ajegunle Slum

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 10:16am On Dec 21, 2016
ianSweet:

Badia slum....

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 10:18am On Dec 21, 2016
ianSweet:

Bariga slum....

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Kenyanstar: 10:19am On Dec 21, 2016
Naija4Fatality:
Finally am back!!!!
Ok let's get to business, kenya has a population of 48-54 millions while the population of nigeria is 184million

Welcome back Oga!!!!
As you said lets get back to business ASAP

Naija4Fatality:
Finally am back!!!!
=> nigeria standard of living is far better than that of kenya

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
This is not the joke section bro..... Nigerians are just dump

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-17015873
Poverty has risen in Nigeria, with almost over 100 million people living on less than a $1 (£0.63) a day representing 70%, despite economic growth, statistics have shown.
The National Bureau of Statistics said 60.9% of Nigerians in 2010 were living in "absolute poverty" - this figure had risen from 54.7% in 2004.
The NBS said that relative poverty was most apparent in the north of the country, with Sokoto state's poverty rate the highest at 86.4%.

In the north-west and north-east of the country poverty rates were recorded at 77.7% and 76.3% respectively, compared to the south-west at 59.1%.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 10:26am On Dec 21, 2016
KwachImani:

Did you notice the POWER LINES(ELECTRICITY LINES AND POLES) on those pictures?....seems like they invented and were transmitting and supplying electricity before the white man came to Nigeria.
I wonder what changed since then that they cannot even provide the same adequate electricity for themselves.
Seems the white man came saw and took all the electricity generating and transmitting know how with him.

She's just pathetic!

I hadn't even seen those. She's determined grin grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by forgiveness: 10:34am On Dec 21, 2016
mkenya254:
This thread has become too repetitive.

Here is why I Like Kenya.
We have accepted the issues we have and are working to solve them while Nigerians still have their heads in the sand and keep talking of how great they are yet this does not reflect on the common Nigerian.

Let us looks at some things. I gave very practical applications of how the government of Kenya has adopted technology and is even experimenting with some technologies that not many countries tries in the world are willing to at the moment e. G. Blockchain. Right now I can do a land registry search, company registration, driver license renewal, submit tax returns, get insurance etc all online. @ianSweet replies by producing a list of Nigerians who hold patents by creating new technologies. The sad fact is that for all people in the list she produced, there is NO single technology that has been adopted in anyway to create a successful startup or has changed the life of any ordinary Nigerian in Nigeria or wherever. But look at Kenya, Mpesa brought financial services to even the most marginalized communities living in the desert, mkopo solar provides power to people that have not been reached by the national grid etc. In a country whose 70% of the population lives below 1Usd per day we have the most successful startups being online shopping instead of agriculture... Lol

Despite many reports having been linked to here showing that 66% of people in Lagos are in a slum. Many Nigerians with the aim of national pride are willing to dispell Facts and pretend that slums are non existent and resort to posting endless pictures of slums they have googled to be in Nairobi. The sad fact was especially when they keep reiterating that Makoko has been completely destroyed yet I have seen Makoko with my own eyes thus year and several articles show that only a VERY SMALL part of Makoko was demolished. What is Kenya doing? We have slum upgrade plans that despite facing many hiccups and are slower than expected have worked for some slum dwellers.

About white and Indian masters. This is coming from a country where people are not proud of being black and even segregate and admonish other Africans for having a dark complexion... Lol. Majority of large companies in Nigeria have a lot of foreign shareholding including their iconic banks. Majority of construction projects in Nigeria like most developing African countries are by the Chinese but Nigeria is very quick to admonish Kenya when we have any debt or chinese funded operation :/ The level of hypocrisy is appaling

Misguided ambitions. Nigeria is exploring space technology yet it does not even have enough electrical power to provide 24hr electricity to any of it's residents sad
Nigeria is building a war ship at billions of naira but cannot tackle and finish the Boko Haram who of totally destroyed would lead to billions being injected into Nigeria by investors in the marginalized northern areas. If these billions were pumped into agriculture, such a green country with lots of rivers would stop importing basic necessities for its citizens e.g. Milk and other common produce.

Industrialization. Nigerians claim that their industries are the main reasons why they are lacking 24/7 power in their homes.. Lol. I mean what is the need for these industries if I am going to go home to a dark house on most nights.

Closing statements. Nigeria is the largest oil producer in Africa and the 5th largest in the world yet they cannot compare themselves with most of the top 10 oil producers in the world and majority of their refined oil is imported #sigh , Nigeria has the largest population in Africa(cheap labour) and hundreds of thousands of arable and fertile land but imports Extremely basic food products that can easily be grown, a country that admonishes other countries for accommodating people of other races while they practice the worst kind of racism I can think of, black on black racism, a country whose eyes are closed due to the fact that their big ignorant heads are too far up their asses to notice that their large GDP and a few rich men e.g. Dankote do not in any way show the success of their country if the common citizen still has no power, lives in a oil polluted environment(spills and smoke) and noise polluted environment due to generators, is more likely to die due to insecurity(Boko Haram in the northern states), is likely not to be paid in time even by a government employer(majority of the states have difficulty in paying workers on time). The ordinary citizen is also more likely to be out of a job(unemployment is at 13% and the recent 700000 applications for 500 Firs jobs is just a big shame). A country that struggles to finance a 20bn USD budget on a 500bn USD GDP is a joke of a country. I mean the Kenyan budget is 22bn USD for 45m Kenyans.

That said, in Kenya we also do have our problems and are working towards creating practical solutions(not a bunch of useless patents in some shelf) but the ability of Nigerians to ignore facts and official reports posted here just for national pride is just shocking and goes on to show the arrogant nature they are associated with or maybe a poor education system that would lead someone to disapprove UN reports and other official reports because they have never stepped out of their village or country

First of all, I want to remind you how you assumed that foreign brands dominate Lagos market by using KFC as case study but that lie was debunked with facts.

Now, you are at it again with 'Majority of construction projects..... are by the Chinese. Lies! grin

Look at the list of top 7 construction and engineering companies in Nigeria and you will find 4 Nigerian owned companies. grin No Chinko though they are currently working in Nigeria due to Nigeria - China agreement. grin

@bolded companies are Nigerian owned

mkenya254:
Majority of construction projects in Nigeria like most developing African countries are by the Chinese

Top 7 Construction and Engineering Companies in Nigeria

Having toured different parts of the country and of recent visited several engineering and construction projects openings, I have decided to feature the top 7 Engineering and Construction companies making giant strides across the nation.

Nigeria as a nation has experienced many-a-great and positive turn around during the last decade as seen in the level of infrastructural development going on in the country.

From highway constructions, bridges, airports, dams to railroads, utilities and prolific buildings: Nigeria has shown that it can easily compete with the USA’s of this world when it comes to making giant structures.

Today, we’re looking at the top 7 Engineering and Construction companies in Nigeria.

These companies have done so well in separating themselves from mediocrity, delivering only high standard projects that totally comply to Industrial standards and international best practices.

1. Julius Berger Nigeria
Julius Berger is no small player when it comes to civil, industrial and marine construction. They have undertaken several infrastructural, building and industrial works across the nation.

Even the ongoing construction of the second River Niger bridge is one among the many projects that is been handled by Julius Berger Nigeria.

Over the years, Julius Berger Nigeria works has been tested and proven to always stand the test of time. They are already marked as one of the most innovative, strategic and vision-oriented engineering and construction company in Africa.

2. Evomec Global Services Limited
Evomec Global Services Limited is a Nigerian indigenous company with great drive for quality and perfection.

Being a major player in engineering and environment development projects, Evomec Global Limited has delivered several high-profile projects across the nation.

From dredging, shore protection, heavy equipment leasing and supply, river embankment to industrial maintenance, water engineering, civil construction, oil and gas services; Evomec Global Services Limited has made its mark as one of the unrivaled forerunner when it comes to engineering and construction services in Nigeria.

3. Setraco Nigeria Limited
There’s a hardly a state in Nigeria where Setraco Nigeria Limited has not carried out one major infrastructural construction. They are one of the biggest players when it comes to road construction and building advanced drainage systems.

Setraco Nigeria Limited is also a Nigerian indigenous company with focus on West Africa and the Middle East.

4. Ascot Africa Limited
Ascot has majored in various engineering and construction projects across the country. They acquired the assets of West African (Nigeria) division of Willbros Group Inc. in early 2007 and has since grown to be one of the most trusted provider of engineering services in Nigeria.

Ascot Africa Limited is known for its veracity when it comes to offshore & Onshore engineering, pipeline works, dredging, oil and gas maintenance, facility development, Fabrication and civil construction.

5. Dantata & Sawoe Construction Company (Nig.) Ltd
Dantata and Sawoe construction company (Nigeria) limited is a well known name in the industry, has long standing history of churning out state of the art projects that meets industry standard.

They have been operating for years and have got lots of projects to their name.

6. Reynolds Construction Company (RCC)
Reynolds Construction Company (Nigeria) Limited is a subsidiary of SBI International Holdings AG (SBI), whose headquarters is in Switzerland.

The company is no mean player in the engineering and construction sector, has been operating in the country (Nigeria) for decades.

Among the major projects executed by the company is the Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (formerly University of Ife) which the company designed and constructed.

7. Brunelli Construction
Brunelli Construction is another construction company deservedly in our list of top 7 construction and engineering companies in Nigeria.

They have been here for decades, have got highly skilled team as evidenced in the outstanding projects they have completed over the years.

http://www.3ptechies.com/top-5-engineering-construction-companies-nigeria.html
http://www.3ptechies.com/top-5-engineering-construction-companies-nigeria.html
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by ianSweet(f): 10:35am On Dec 21, 2016
NairobiWalker:
Welcome to Onitsha - the world's dirtiest and most polluted city.
Nigeria has 3 cities in the top 20, Kenya has non.

http://www..com/talk/topic,294844.0.html

Yes, Onitsha has a lot of dirty places because it has some of the largest markets in West Africa.
The market parts of the city only lacks sanitation, but other than that, it can never be called a slum.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by ianSweet(f): 10:37am On Dec 21, 2016
NairobiWalker:

Agege slum

You are just desperate, show us the whole view of Agege slum and not just one area that lacks sanitation.
Can't u see how Kibera slum houses are?
Show us real rows and dozens of slum houses where people stay just like Kibera or Mathare.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Naija4Fatality: 10:38am On Dec 21, 2016
Lagos is more powerfull than entire Kenya , Lagos gdp and standard of living and infastructureis better than kenya
The truth is that Lagos is more advance than nairobi and the tiny country called Kenya
Lagos is know for its music, movie, technology, infastructural development ,youth sport development
=> note some of this photo include Lagos new city (E.A.C), Eko Atlantic city
=> Kenyas, can u show me What ur Konza city looks like, the city that looks like bush and forest .

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 10:40am On Dec 21, 2016
ianSweet:

You are just desperate, show us the whole view of Agege slum and not just one area that lacks sanitation.
Can't u see how Kibera slum houses are?
Show us real rows and dozens of slum houses where people stay just like Kibera or Mathare.

You wanted a slum, I gave you a slum.....is that not a slum? Stop being in denial. You've even never been to Lagos
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 10:42am On Dec 21, 2016
ianSweet:

Yes, Onitsha has a lot of dirty places because it has some of the largest markets in West Africa.
The market parts of the city only lacks sanitation, but other than that, it can never be called a slum.

Like I said before, what we consider slums elsewhere is what you consider normal housing and that's why you think you have no slums. All cities in the world have markets - having marketd is no excuse for being the dirtiest city in the world.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by ianSweet(f): 10:44am On Dec 21, 2016
NairobiWalker:

Bariga slum....

You are just desperate.
The first picture is that of a refuse dump site and not where people live.
Can't u see the motorable and paved road in the second picture? All the residents in these places have access to modern toilet facilities and paved motorable roads.

These are what you call real slums like that of Kenya, where there are no motorable roads, modern toilet facilities, irregular houses wholly made of zincs and planks which attracts foreign aid and humanitatian groups and agencies.

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by forgiveness: 10:48am On Dec 21, 2016
@mkenya254 Nigeria is no like any other African developing countries like Kenya in terms of entrepreneurship. grin Now, tell us the indigenous construction companies in Kenya. grin

Top 5 Nigerian Construction Companies
April 28, 2015 • 4 Likes • 1 Comment

The construction industry in Nigeria, as is the case with other developing nations, is dominated by foreign construction firms. But as time has gone by, some indigenous firms have grown both financial and technical capacity to stand stiff competition from these foreign firms.

The capital intensive industry has seen the rise of the local players who have shown that they have what it takes to at least compete with the foreign players in terms of design execution and delivery to name a few.

Here are some of these local players that are performing exceptionally well in the construction industry in Nigeria in no particular order.

1. EL – ALAN CONSTRUCTION COMPANY

EL-ALAN Construction Company (Nigeria) Limited was founded in April 1982 as a private limited liability company and today is one of the fastest growing and most dynamic construction and civil engineering companies in Nigeria. For over three decades El-ALAN has delivered high quality integrated construction solutions.

The company’s initial focus was renovations and sub-contract work through which they quickly gained a name for themselves. Its success and reputation today are built on the consistent delivery of quality, speed, efficiency and overall client satisfaction.

El Alan has expanded its operational and service offering to cater to a wide spectrum of construction needs in both the public and private sectors. Its portfolio of work comprises successful projects in the residential, commercial and industrial spaces, working with clients across all sectors and with differing budgets.

They are an associated member of a group of companies that provide services across all areas of the construction industry. Through associated companies, they have access to world-class ideas, skills and innovative technology which puts us in a unique position where we are able to offer integrated and value-added services to our clients.

The company has forged alliances with world-class local and foreign partners, active in various segments of the construction industry. These relationships enable them to diversify its service offering beyond first class construction expertise to include other value-added services. Accordingly, it is able to proffer comprehensive solutions that meet clients’ needs from design and build to building maintenance and facilities management.

2. DANTATA AND SAWOE CONSTRUCTION COMPANY

Dantata and Sawoe has been operating for over 35 years and are among the top rated Construction Companies in Nigeria. With a staff strength of over 4.000 employees including over 80 Expatriates the company has built a solid name in the construction industry today.

The company owns a fleet of over 1000 mobile vehicles, trucks and construction equipment’s plus own Aggregate Crushing and Asphalt Mixing Plants makes them self-sufficient and has enabled them over the years guarantee quality performance in all its projects.

Over the years the company has constructed several hundred kilometres of highways and township roads and dozens of bridges and flyovers. D&S has been known in the market as a reliable partner for the Government as well as for Private Investors and Developers.

3. SETRACO NIGERIA LIMITED

Setraco Nigeria Limited is a leading engineering construction company with over 35 years working experience in delivering value-added civil and infrastructural projects. With projects executed successfully in over 20 states, and current presence in 15 states, Setraco has played a key role in developing Nigeria’s infrastructure.

Setraco was established in 1977 and started by constructing township and district roads in what was then Bendel State. Over the years the company has rapidly grown to become one of the largest construction companies in Nigeria specialized in roads and bridges. With a presence today in over 15 states; Setraco has played a key role in developing Nigeria’s infrastructure.

Setraco ensures that all projects are successfully completed to specification and in line with the company’s sense of responsibility towards its clients and host communities.

Setraco's success is built upon its diverse and qualified workforce, which at times has reached over 11,000 employees from all corners of Nigeria and from 23 various nationalities across 6 continents. By recruiting the best professionals and technicians from all disciplines, Setraco is able to take on and deliver complex projects in difficult terrains and challenging environments.

Over the years Setraco has vertically integrated its organisational structure to include a Design & Soil Investigation Department, a Production Department and a Procurement Department covering both local and overseas purchases.

Combined with thhe fleet of modern and periodically updated equipment, worth over 200,000,000 USD, and its state of the art workshops around the country, Setraco has ensured that it has the necessary resources to meet the needs of the Nigerian Infrastructure Sector.

4. COSTAIN WEST AFRICA

Costain West Africa Plc was incorporated in 1948. As a private limited company in Nigeria, it took over the various works being undertaken by John Holt and Company (Liverpool) Limited’s building department. John Holt established a world-class reputation in building and civil engineering, open-cast mining, dredging and other construction related activities throughout the world.

Over the last 60 years, Costain West Africa Plc has executed a wide range of building and civil engineering projects, throughout Nigeria for private organizations, Federal and State Governments. It has been able to leverage the experience and strength of the Costain Group's worldwide activities.

Costain West Africa Plc went public on the 13th of March, 1974. Its shares were quoted on the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) subsequently. Costain West Africa Plc was the first construction company to be quoted on the NSE. It is now independent of the Costain UK Group.

Costain West Africa Plc offers committed project leadership with a focus on client satisfaction. The company is determined to be a leader in the construction industry. This shows in the way they look after their clients and the quality of their construction.

The Costain West Africa brand has become synonymous with Sub-Saharan Africa. The company understands local markets and adopts an approach that considers management expertise, teamwork and professionalism. It is complemented by the strength and experience of its operations in Africa.

5. MONIER CONSTRUCTION COMPANY

MONIER CONSTURCTION COMPANY (NIGERIA) LIMITED is one of the early entrants in Nigeria's construction industry having been present since 1955 and incorporated in 1957 as a Building and Civil Engineering contractor with Head Office in Port Harcourt, Rivers State.

Monier parades state of the art equipment in Road Construction, Building and other key sectors of the Construction Industry the Company, at the time of incorporation in 1957, was wholly owned German Company, but with the passage of time Nigeria investors acquired interests in MCC. Today, MCC is truly Nigerian, owned by Nigerians and managed by Nigerians.

Monier has maintained a healthy presence in the South East, South-South and other parts of the country, where they have completed and delivered quality projects on schedule and budget.

The company prides itself in consistently delivering quality projects on schedule and budget, using the best available cost effective and environment friendly technology under the control of experienced and highly motivated work force.

Credits: http://go.engineer-ng.net/profiles/blogs/top-5-nigerian-construction-companies
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Naija4Fatality: 10:52am On Dec 21, 2016
Lagos is more powerfull than entire Kenya , Lagos gdp and standard of living and infastructureis better than kenya
The truth is that Lagos is more advance than nairobi and the tiny country called Kenya
Lagos is know for its music, movie, technology, infastructural development ,youth sport development
=> Kenyas, can u show me What ur Konza city looks like, the city that looks like bush and forest ....

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Naija4Fatality: 10:57am On Dec 21, 2016
=> Kenyas, can u show me What ur Konza city looks like, the city that looks like bush and forest ........

(1) (2) (3) ... (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) ... (9933)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 144
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.