Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,556 members, 7,820,008 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:18 AM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (2560) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6206677 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2557) (2558) (2559) (2560) (2561) (2562) (2563) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by kikuyu1(m): 9:49am On Dec 03, 2018
Edodefender:
shut up if you don't know anything about boko Haram.

I don't even care about them, they are doing a good job reducing the northern population

I've been meaning to ask about Edo ladies,ummm.....European adventures:wtf is up with that!? From what I've seen here many Naijjans fear Edo community practices always talking about witches.'Air Edo' etc etc. Could the two issues be related?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 11:09am On Dec 03, 2018
For once I agree with you. It will take selfless and visionary leadership to get kenya out of tribalism. I think after 2007 progrom everyone knows Keya cannot continue to hurtle along that path of destructive ethnic based politics. There has to be very strong efforts to deal with ethnic hate speech, stronger efforts to foster unity & integration, and to bring together all communities - by ensuring whoever win power - doesn't discriminate along tribal lines.

I think on both counts - Corruption & Tribalism - Kenya is looking promising. Certainly Nairaland wouldn't be allowed to exist in Kenya - Seun would face lots of pressure to shut it down if he cannot moderate ethnic hate. People get hunted down for posting hate on Facebook and other social media.

The war on corruption this time looks a little more serious than usual - and lots of elite are starting to get prison terms - and at least bail is no longer assured.

Kazikazi:
Yah.Kenya need to do something about it,although I doubt if this current political elites are willing to let go their privileges for the sake of unity.Kenyans big tribes(Kikuyu's and Luos are the culprits).Eliminating tribalism and corruption needs tons of sacrifices.Are Kikuyu's ready to give up their hegemony? I wish thy are.

Kenyans who are here should start destroying this demon of tribalism right here.Its shocking for a guy to call himself "Kikuyu" in this forum.A guy don't see anything wrong with that.

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 11:31am On Dec 03, 2018
Kazikazi:
The religionism which is in Tz is too minimal.Just try to count the number of people who were killed in Kenya in the past years due to tribalism and try to compare with Tz religionism.Is it the same? No.Not even close.[/QUOTE]

In which past years? The last time someone was killed due to tribalism was in 2007.

[QUOTE]
Yes CCM's semi dictatorship isn't that cool.But,we still can't compare ccm's shortcomings to your tribalism. In 2007 Kenya lost about 1500 souls due to tribalism. Did ccm killed that number of people? No.Not even close.

I'm not saying tribalism is cool, I hate it myself. But our last tribal clashes were in 2007, meanwhile, Magufuli tortures and kills opponents all the time. Some opposition politicians can't even get medical care in Tanzania they have to come to Kenya. Couple this with the heavy hand your government puts on the media - a song was banned in Tanzania because it was shot in the slums and Magufuli couldn't handle the rest of the world seeing that Tanzania has slums am I lying? Since you came here, your mantra has been that Kenyans starve even though statistics prove otherwise, what you didn't tell people is your government doesn't take kindly any criticism or pointing out of the obvious poverty and hunger in your country, am I lying? Didn't Twaweza and UN point out that 78% of your population suffer from either malnutrition or chronic food shortage only that your government is in denial?

https://www.reuters.com/article/tanzania-hunger/survey-finds-most-tanzanians-go-hungry-despite-government-denials-idUSL5N1GJ5CP

I know you've painted a rosy picture of Tanzania here and it's been easy for you because you simply had to attack Kenyans and readily got the support of Nigerians who were desperately looking for an ally but we know what's going on down their bro. The only difference is your CCM is a dictatorial party that decides what should or should not be in the media.

4 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by 68816419: 11:41am On Dec 03, 2018
Peter wins 2018 Africa Scrabble championship in Kenya
Nigeria wins African Scrabble Championship
Nigeria’s Moses Peter beat 61 other players to win the African Scrabble Championship, in Kiriyanga, Kenya and a cash prize of 350,000 Kenyan Schillings cry cry cry(very poor country indeed).
The best non-Nigerian in the top ten was Allan Oyende from Kenya who placed 4th..
The Akwa Ibom player won 26 out of the 32 games played to finish ahead of his closest rival and former World Scrabble Champion, Jighere Wellington.
Wellington won 22 games, losing 10 in a gruelling contest that had seven Nigerians in the top ten.
Former national champion Eta Oghenekaro was third with 21 wins.
Just as the Super Falcons overcame South Africa to win the Africa Women Cup of Nations football title in Ghana on Saturday, Nigeria’s Scrabble national team captain, Moses Peter,

Nigeria is real giant of Africa, We are the best in most sports!!!

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by 68816419: 12:41pm On Dec 03, 2018
Lagos Christmas is near....

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by kikuyu1(m): 1:17pm On Dec 03, 2018
Troy404:
our boy origi has scored in the last 3 derbies against everton

I'm strictly an investment bettor:I purely play the odds and tbh I thought I was losing til that funny goal.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by kikuyu1(m): 1:21pm On Dec 03, 2018
rvp20183:
For once I agree with you. It will take selfless and visionary leadership to get kenya out of tribalism. I think after 2007 progrom everyone knows Keya cannot continue to hurtle along that path of destructive ethnic based politics. There has to be very strong efforts to deal with ethnic hate speech, stronger efforts to foster unity & integration, and to bring together all communities - by ensuring whoever win power - doesn't discriminate along tribal lines.

I think on both counts - Corruption & Tribalism - Kenya is looking promising. Certainly Nairaland wouldn't be allowed to exist in Kenya - Seun would face lots of pressure to shut it down if he cannot moderate ethnic hate. People get hunted down for posting hate on Facebook and other social media.

The war on corruption this time looks a little more serious than usual - and lots of elite are starting to get prison terms - and at least bail is no longer assured.

True talk! I hear at least 2 other govs will soon go the Obado way for corruption-not murder. Imo,its useless to talk of increasing the county allocation from 15% of budget til there's a complete ethical and professional makeover at the county level.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by 68816419: 1:25pm On Dec 03, 2018
BEST CITY IN AFRICA (ABUJA)!!!

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 1:39pm On Dec 03, 2018
You need to travel a lot more smiley. Abuja is the best city in Nigeria no doubt. Lagos is just one huge slumpolis.
68816419:

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 1:44pm On Dec 03, 2018
The current DPP having dealt with Alshabab who were literally after their entire family - must be having a ball squeezing those little sizzies calling themselves politicians. We need people with such cojones who can use their security of tenure for good of the country.
kikuyu1:

True talk! I hear at least 2 other govs will soon go the Obado way for corruption-not murder. Imo,its useless to talk of increasing the county allocation from 15% of budget til there's a complete ethical and professional makeover at the county level.

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Kur17: 1:44pm On Dec 03, 2018
Kazikazi:
The religionism which is in Tz is too minimal.Just try to count the number of people who were killed in Kenya in the past years due to tribalism and try to compare with Tz religionism.Is it the same? No.Not even close.

Yes CCM's semi dictatorship isn't that cool.But,we still can't compare ccm's shortcomings to your tribalism. In 2007 Kenya lost about 1500 souls due to tribalism. Did ccm killed that number of people? No.Not even close.

What about economic impact, do you know TZ was once the largest economy in East Africa?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 1:48pm On Dec 03, 2018
That is exactly what makes TZ model untested. Democracy tend to accentuate tribal or racial difference because politicians find it easy to win based on emotions/lies/propaganda than on issues. The more kenya became democratic - the more tribal it got. In days of KANU being the mama na baba - tribal difference were somewhat buried. That could be the case with TZ. They need to allow REAL democracy to thrive. Otherwise right now CCM has stunted basically everything - tribalism is stunted - and so is progress & advancement. Even the average Tanzania is stunted.

Kenya should continue on the path to real democracy - while working on very strict laws to disallow tribalism. We need to figure out the thin-line btw hate speech and free speech - and takes will be an ongoing struggle. Definitely some of tribal talk is so obviously hateful - there is really no need for debate - but to throw culprit in prison. Unfortunately our judiciary has never helped - choosing to behave like they are alien in the country - no single politician as we speak has been jailed for inciting tribal hate - how is that even possible?

NairobiWalker:

The only difference is your CCM is a dictatorial party that decides what should or should not be in the media.

4 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 1:50pm On Dec 03, 2018
rvp20183:
The current DPP having dealt with Alshabab who were literally after their entire family - must be having a ball squeezing those little sizzies calling themselves politicians. We need people with such cojones who can use their security of tenure for good of the country.
kenya just needs good leadership like kivutha kibwana in makueni county and oparanya in kakamega he has done alot of infrastructure development
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 1:53pm On Dec 03, 2018
Kur17:

What about economic impact, do you know TZ was once the largest economy in East Africa?
the very question that bothers me why is tz not a strong economy they have everything to make them look like south africa but what is the problem
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 1:55pm On Dec 03, 2018
rvp20183:
That is exactly what makes TZ model untested. Democracy tend to accentuate tribal or racial difference because politicians find it easy to win based on emotions/lies/propaganda than on issues. The more kenya became democratic - the more tribal it got. In days of KANU being the mama na baba - tribal difference were somewhat buried. That could be the case with TZ. They need to allow REAL democracy to thrive. Otherwise right now CCM has stunted basically everything - tribalism is stunted - and so is progress & advancement.

Kenya should continue on the path to real democracy - while working on very strict laws to disallow tribalism. We need to figure out the thin-line btw hate speech and free speech - and takes will be an ongoing struggle. Definitely some of tribal talk is so obviously hateful - there is really no need for debate - but to throw culprit in prison. Unfortunately our judiciary has never helped - choosing to behave like they are alien in the country - no single politician as we speak has been jailed for inciting tribal hate - how is that even possible?

i hear moi and biwott used to fuel tribal clashes mainly in the rift valley kikuyu vs kalenjin to maintain power
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 1:56pm On Dec 03, 2018
Leadership is taken - not given - none of the guys you've here any a real shot at national politics. That will require a lot more talents, more resources and more experiences. The usual suspects - our current national leaders - are the guys we will chose from - unless there was to be an Obama moment or something close to that.
tlann:
kenya just needs good leadership like kivutha kibwana in makueni county and oparanya in kakamega he has done alot of infrastructure development
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 2:02pm On Dec 03, 2018
I think you can abortion blame to nearly 99% of our politicians.The problem is really not the politicians but weak laws/institutions to guard against such abuses. British took advantage of tribal difference. Kenyatta did the same. Moi followed his footstep. Kibaki continued where Moi left until 2007 - when hit rock-bottom - and we had to change our constitution - and really face the tribal monster we had ALL collectively created. We need to slay that monster. I don't know how - but I think anybody inciting tribal hate - online or offline - should be treated as dangerous person.
tlann:
i hear moi and biwott used to fuel tribal clashes mainly in the rift valley kikuyu vs kalenjin to maintain power
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Kur17: 3:54pm On Dec 03, 2018
Nairobi Kenya.

The "smartest" city in Africa 2018...

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Kur17: 4:03pm On Dec 03, 2018
tlann:
the very question that bothers me why is tz not a strong economy they have everything to make them look like south africa but what is the problem

I think Kenyans are not that bad tribalists, we just have to change our top government structure becz elections are all that fuels tribal hostility in this country,

Every country has it's uniqueness we should not copy paste other countries leadership structure
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by 4kDdullard: 4:51pm On Dec 03, 2018
68816419:
Elrufia estate at life camp right?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by darfay: 5:29pm On Dec 03, 2018
rvp20183:
You need to travel a lot more smiley. Abuja is the best city in Nigeria no doubt. Lagos is just one huge slumpolis.

Nobody asked your opinion

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 5:31pm On Dec 03, 2018
rvp20183:
I think you can abortion blame to nearly 99% of our politicians.The problem is really not the politicians but weak laws/institutions to guard against such abuses. British took advantage of tribal difference. Kenyatta did the same. Moi followed his footstep. Kibaki continued where Moi left until 2007 - when hit rock-bottom - and we had to change our constitution - and really face the tribal monster we had ALL collectively created. We need to slay that monster. I don't know how - but I think anybody inciting tribal hate - online or offline - should be treated as dangerous person.
i think it is not easy to fight tribalism because our politicians will not allow it they use it to maintain power our man syndrome
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by darfay: 5:31pm On Dec 03, 2018
rvp20183:
That is exactly what makes TZ model untested. Democracy tend to accentuate tribal or racial difference because politicians find it easy to win based on emotions/lies/propaganda than on issues. The more kenya became democratic - the more tribal it got. In days of KANU being the mama na baba - tribal difference were somewhat buried. That could be the case with TZ. They need to allow REAL democracy to thrive. Otherwise right now CCM has stunted basically everything - tribalism is stunted - and so is progress & advancement. Even the average Tanzania is stunted.

Wait, so you are now ass licking Tanzania

Kazikazi must have ruptured your head so hard with facts
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by darfay: 5:32pm On Dec 03, 2018
Kur17:
Nairobi Kenya.

The "smartest" city in Africa 2018...

We the rest of Africa still prefer dar er salam and Zanzibar to this anytime
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 5:36pm On Dec 03, 2018
Kur17:

I think Kenyans are not that bad tribalists, we just have to change our top government structure becz elections are all that fuels tribal hostility in this country,

Every country has it's uniqueness we should not copy paste other countries leadership structure
the situation is bad you don't see it do you every election year our economy comes to a standstill because people are voting investors and tourists runway because of one simple election this has to stop just look at last year we spent one full year doing nothing but voting
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Kur17: 5:48pm On Dec 03, 2018
tlann:
the situation is bad you don't see it do you every election year our economy comes to a standstill because people are voting investors and tourists runway because of one simple election this has to stop just look at last year we spent one full year doing nothing but voting

That's why I said, our only problem is "elections" ..we have to find a solution in that aspect
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by blackboys: 5:50pm On Dec 03, 2018
Kazikazi:
Yes they have degraded Tanzania for no valid reason.When I tried to clear the air,they attacked me.I can't understand this things.

I found the page to be much like a warzone.Its dividing africans! But sometimes its humorous which I like.

You can ask anything as long as its short.I really don't have enough time to research things.
you can whine as much as you want but always refer to the threads title kenya v nigeria.maybe a tz vs nigeria thread might be opened for you to post all u want but i doubt if it will have a similar zeal
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 5:54pm On Dec 03, 2018
Kur17:

That's why I said, our only problem is "elections" ..we have to find a solution in that aspect
okay but Kenyans generally have to change
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Just30: 5:54pm On Dec 03, 2018
Edodefender:
and that's why we are impregnating your women daily
Sissy men.

Fyi no sane Nigerians like Obama not even Americans after his stupid 8 years in office
dumb dumb
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by blackboys: 5:56pm On Dec 03, 2018
Edodefender:
we'll destroy them and take over Kenya in just a week
like the ways you destroyed boko haram?

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 6:04pm On Dec 03, 2018
rvp20183:

You're very right. Same reason the US seems so racially divided while a country like Russia seems so together.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by gallivant: 6:09pm On Dec 03, 2018
Kazikazi:
You are right on that.Even this thread wasn't supposed to be about Kenya vs naija,I think we should rather call it "Africa:let's reason" or may be "arise Africa".

Maybe you can't read titles but this thread is about Nigeria and Kenya. I think what is best is you starting a Tanzania or arise Africa thread and post Tanzanian issues over there. That will go a long way in promoting African cohesion but not when you are around. Thanks in advance.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2557) (2558) (2559) (2560) (2561) (2562) (2563) ... (9933)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.