Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,123 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:40 PM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (2629) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6217044 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2626) (2627) (2628) (2629) (2630) (2631) (2632) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 8:06am On Dec 11, 2018
Kenya for like 30yrs now has been your biggest source of investment. ARM invested a total of 250M dollars in two plants - a cement plant and clinker plant (possibly biggest if not only one in TZ)- and Dangote invested 600m - but like everyone else they are all crying tears.

I mean Tanzania is simply not a place to invest your money. The business climate is hostile, the gov is unpredictable, the gov bureaucratic red-tape is impossible to navigate & the people just lazy.

It more like Ethiopia or Nigeria - people rush there - but soon they comeback crying real tears.

You cement consumption was 2M as of 2014 - possibly 4M now. Kenya had a high of 6.7M in 2016 and now it down to 6.5M. You're building SGR and we are building it too. Try get to 5M metric tonnes....first..before you can talk about kenya.

Kazikazi:
Kenyan ARM failed in Tz for a lack of capital.You can't come with your few cents and expect to compete in Tz cement industry. We have huge conglomerates like Dangote,south African Afri Sam,France's Lafarge etc.How can a Kenyan succeed in that scenario? Remember our local producers have partnered with those big fishes!
FYI,Our consumption is above 4m per annum.The figures you saw were for last year.Our consumption shoot up currently due to SGR,We are laying slabs in SGR, by now we are above you

4 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 8:11am On Dec 11, 2018
jaycent:
You're also a bloody liar too? Just shut up and go back to the previous page, 688 has showed you the link grin
the link doesn't show 1 million houses your govt builds every year just post the pictures of the houses if they exist
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 8:22am On Dec 11, 2018
Binikingdowm:
Nigerians please let this thread die, don't comment in it again.. these Kenyas ain't worth it
You can't avoid Kenyans, Kenyans are like the air you breathe. When we speak, you feel a tinge to respond. When we are not around, you get suffocated. A thread about Kenya is definitely the longest on Nairaland and you can't keep off it. See? We are your fathers. Baba zenu. grin

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Binikingdowm: 8:27am On Dec 11, 2018
NairobiWalker:
You can't avoid Kenyans, Kenyans are like the air you breathe. When we speak, you feel a tinge to respond. When we are not around, you get suffocated. A thread about Kenya is definitely the longest on Nairaland and you can't keep off it. See? We are your fathers. Baba zenu. grin
I didn't even know what Kenya is still I saw registered on nairaland and saw this topic.

Like I said before 98% of Nigerians don't know what Kenya is and 90% of them don't care to know

5 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by samsobo24(m): 8:39am On Dec 11, 2018
forgiveness:

Eko White pearl tower has been upgraded from 31 - 37 floors. grin. It should be around 165m. grin

http://www.ekopearltowers.com/blog/2017/09/28/eko-pearl-tower-c-updates-changes/

See the construction below. grin

You can also see other projects here. The latest is Corporate Tower I. grin

The Tower on the left. grin

http://www.ekopearltowers.com/
weldone

Lazy Kenyans say EAC has just 2 towers.

What Kenyan whites can never achieve

They think its a child's play reclaiming land and developing it.This reason makes Lagos the most planned city in Africa.

Nairobi CBD is poorly planned and they compare with a CBD that has its Arena totally planned.

Continue to show us more

Don't forget to expose that wrought of a CBD poorly developed by their whites
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Daejoyoung: 8:42am On Dec 11, 2018
rvp20183:
You keep repeating this as if Nigeria poor or rich were unique. There are poverty measures that objectively captures poverty whether in desert or forest or iceland or nigeria, rural or urban, nomadic or farming. The most accepted is 1 (absolute poverty) & 2 dollar(poverty) spending per day per person - they don't have to spend a dollar or two - but their total spending or consumption should be equivalent to that. On that measure alone more than 60% Nigerians cannot afford - to spend 2 dollars - with those suffering extreme poverty at 67M or about.
And l keep telling you this doesn't make any sense because of the purchasing power and currency deviation in all countries. The Ghanian Cedis was almost useless a decade ago, but they removed so many zeros and today we have only 4 Ghanian Cedis to a dollar, while Kenya has 100 shillings to a dollar, using your analysis we now have so many richer Ghanians compared to the Kenyans, l'm sure you agree with this.
So while it is true that currency is used as a yardstick with the Americans using the dollar, there are whole communities in Africa depending solely on farm produce and they own their lands(especially in Nigeria), they are poor by our standard, but they measure themselves by their livestock and food produce.
lf you know, you know.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by samsobo24(m): 8:51am On Dec 11, 2018
we pioneer things and don't wait for whites.

I can tell u that the total land mass of all Nairobi cbd per km cannot be up to Lagos island,talkless of ikoyi,VI,lekki etc.

One big thing about Lagos is ,highrises scatter across the city and not only the CBD. places like
ikeja, yaba on the mainland all have tall buildings, not to talk of places on the island that ain't CBD.

Lagos skyline is going to be very crazy in coming years,but I wish our skyscrapers could kiss the sky.

Kenyans,you have been scammed by your whites for building that poor cbd with narrow roads as that to a prison.

Just ask your Nairobi governor about how useless Nairobi is to Lagos.

Nairobi is just a substance of deceit when you look at the buildings built by the whites

The EAC certainly is way too much than any Kenyan village

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 8:51am On Dec 11, 2018
That is nonsense. Why don't you search how poverty is measured. All those factors are taken care off and Nigeria is not any different from Kenya - Just accept facts. They are very stubborn. Lots of your people are suffering in extreme poverty. They are malnourished even if they grow their own foods.
Daejoyoung:

And l keep telling you this doesn't make any sense because of the purchasing power and currency deviation in all countries. The Ghanian Cedis was almost useless a decade ago, but they removed so many zeros and today we have only 4 Ghanian Cedis to a dollar, while Kenya has 100 shillings to a dollar, using your analysis we now have so many richer Ghanians compared to the Kenyans, l'm sure you agree with this.
So while it is true that currency is used as a yardstick with the Americans using the dollar, there are whole communities in Africa depending solely on farm produce and they own their lands(especially in Nigeria), they are poor by our standard, but they measure themselves by their livestock and food produce.
lf you know, you know.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 8:55am On Dec 11, 2018
Dream on

samsobo24:
we pioneer things and don't wait for whites.

I can tell u that the total land mass of all Nairobi cbd per km cannot be up to Lagos island,talkless of ikoyi,VI,lekki etc.

One big thing about Lagos is ,highrises scatter across the city and not only the CBD. places like
ikeja, yaba on the mainland all have tall buildings, not to talk of places on the island that ain't CBD.

Lagos skyline is going to be very crazy in coming years,but I wish our skyscrapers could kiss the sky.

Kenyans,you have been scammed by your whites for building that poor cbd with narrow roads as that to a prison.

The EAC certainly is way too much than any Kenyan village

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:00am On Dec 11, 2018
Nairobi parks.
1) Central Park & Uhuru gardens

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by genieluv(f): 9:06am On Dec 11, 2018
darfay:

you really get time for this sub humans

is there harmattan in Abuja already, it's getting serious in Lag

Nor be small thin bros.

**** I'm in Kaduna now and it's getting really cold. This morning it was 17°c. My sister said it's the same in Abuja.
Bro, we are enjoying. My friends in Jos are already heading towards freezing nights !

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Kazikazi: 9:14am On Dec 11, 2018
rvp20183:
Kenya for like 30yrs now has been your biggest source of investment. ARM invested a total of 250M dollars in two plants - a cement plant and clinker plant (possibly biggest if not only one in TZ)- and Dangote invested 600m - but like everyone else they are all crying tears.

I mean Tanzania is simply not a place to invest your money. The business climate is hostile, the gov is unpredictable, the gov bureaucratic red-tape is impossible to navigate & the people just lazy.

It more like Ethiopia or Nigeria - people rush there - but soon they comeback crying real tears.

You cement consumption was 2M as of 2014 - possibly 4M now. Kenya had a high of 6.7M in 2016 and now it down to 6.5M. You're building SGR and we are building it too. Try get to 5M metric tonnes....first..before you can talk about kenya.

No one refuses that ARM invested in Tz.Even Tz too have invested in Kenya.Our biggest investors are UK and china.What I am telling you is ARM is a small fish in Tz,may be you doesn't know how cement industry in Tz is performing. Your 250 is just cents comparing with the massive investors like Dangote,hengya cement( they're investing billions at a go!),Lafarge, Africa Sam etc.So can ARM compete with these conglomerates? Definitely no. Even our local producers like Mbeya cement ended up partnering with these big fishes.

And more international cement manufacturing companies are coming.Tanzania has huge reserves of raw materials for cement production. (Lime,chalk etc).We have huge reserves of energy(gas,coal etc).That makes Tz attractive to those international cement conglomerates.Tz is going to be a biggest cement producer in Africa.we currently produces over 10m mt.t

Our consumption have shot up.We both builds SGR,but ours started late than yours.I said we have started laying slabs.May be I should explain more...
About 3 months ago we started making slabs,1080 railway slabs are made daily! Do you know how many tons of cement is needed daily? If each slab weighs about 300 KGS! How many tonnage will be used per year?Do the math. Do you still say our consumption didn't surpassed your 6.1m??( not 6.5 as you said).

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by genieluv(f): 9:22am On Dec 11, 2018
forgiveness:

Exactly my point! You got it.

There are so many beaurifu places not captured in Nigeria. However, it's what Kenya depends on for survival. grin grin

Simply true. For instance, not until I came across this thread did I even know the importance of pictoral views of cities.
***** I have come to the conclusion that Nigeria may be seriously lagging behind in terms of development, but it seems like we definitely have more developing urban areas per population compared to other African countries except South Africa. And this definitely occured due to the early proliferation of Nigerian states.
Do you think this military era proliferation of states was good for us?
>>>> For me, I think it was good but we would have stuck with the first 12 states only. As this would have given us 12 very powerful and better developed cities today compared to the dozens we have now (many of whom are shadows of their past selves).

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:23am On Dec 11, 2018
Congo has all the raw materials but you know the story. Yes TZ has incredible natural resources but you've mismanaged it. Cement companies are all making closes if they haven't completely shut down. Dangote announced huge loses from it's TZ subsidiary because they had to ran generator..your low quality coal is expensive and the power is not enough.Kenya's ARM are going bankrupt.

You talk about cement like we don't have one. We have always had bigger, homegrown & competitive cement industry - and our companies are in your country & Uganda. That is why Dangote is yet to find entry. Go slow on projections!

As for consumption - again let get some data - not projections. Kenya 2016 was 6.7M - 2017 -6.5M - this year is not yet over.

Get me Tanzania cement consumption for the last 2yrs.

Kazikazi:
No one refuses that ARM invested in Tz.Even Tz too have invested in Kenya.Our biggest investors are UK and china.What I am telling you is ARM is a small fish in Tz,may be you doesn't know how cement industry in Tz is performing. Your 250 is just cents comparing with the massive investors like Dangote,hengya cement( they're investing billions at a go!),Lafarge, Africa Sam etc.So can ARM compete with these conglomerates? Definitely no. Even our local producers like Mbeya cement ended up partnering with these big fishes.

And more international cement manufacturing companies are coming.Tanzania has huge reserves of raw materials for cement production. (Lime,chalk etc).We have huge reserves of energy(gas,coal etc).That makes Tz attractive to those international cement conglomerates.Tz is going to be a biggest cement producer in Africa.we currently produces over 10m mt.t

Our consumption have shot up.We both builds SGR,but ours started late than yours.I said we have started laying slabs.May be I should explain more...
About 3 months ago we started making slabs,1080 railway slabs are made daily! Do you know how many tons of cement is needed daily? If each slab weighs about 300 KGS! How many tonnage will be used per year?Do the math. Do you still say our consumption didn't surpassed your 6.1m??( not 6.5 as you said).

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by samsobo24(m): 9:27am On Dec 11, 2018
rvp20183:
Nairobi parks.
1) Central Park & Uhuru gardens
Nairobi is a joke, have you seen the Abuja national park,arboteum,millennium park.

parks and garden litter the whole Abuja

Abuja parks and gardens are out of this world.

But can Kenya even show us any planned city from the scratch, we just see every thing in Nairobi - white CBD

its true that Kenya is owned by the whites and Kenyatta family.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by genieluv(f): 9:33am On Dec 11, 2018
bantudra:

for me all ethiopians look the same.....i dont care in how many parts they splintter today.....

No they don't. But they look similar.
>>>> Tigrays look quite different from Oromos and Aamharas look different from Omotic speakers and etc.

I can manage to tell them apart smiley
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:34am On Dec 11, 2018
Abuja is out of Nigeria world. But it has nothing on Nairobi or Kenya.

Nairobi is world class - when it come to greenery.

We have I think 3 forests, 1 National park, several zoos, Arboretum, parks and dams - and whole shebang.

1) Nairobi Arboretum.

samsobo24:
Nairobi is a joke, have you seen the Abuja national park,arboteum,millennium park.

parks and garden litter the whole Abuja

Abuja parks and gardens are out of this world.

its true that Kenya is owned by the whites and Kenyatta family.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by kikuyu1(m): 9:35am On Dec 11, 2018
rvp20183:
Honestly Ethiopia need to resolve it's hatred of Tigrays.Its kinda of Rwanda.The average Ethiopian wants genocide or secession from Tigrays.Its nothing like you have in Nigeria with Igbo or Kenya nascent tribalism.Its deep.Its Burundi and Rwanda type genocidal feeling.Tigrays are like the historic colonizers...the Noble men alien to Ethiopia and yet sitting on the majority with impunity.

Its not just Tigrays;its everyone! Every ethnic group has an ancient grievance with another one:a Nilotic Anuak from the South told me they're regularly referred to as baria (slave) by Tigrayans and Amharas . Also in 2004 or 2003,IIRC, the ruling TPLF killed at least 400 Anuak when they protested the seizure of their farmland.
Among Oromos,Boranas and Gabbras have issues relating to cattle and land that frequently lead to gunshots. At the bottom are the Southerners like Anuaks,Amarkoke,Shangilas and Dassenach. There are deep racial,linguistic,cultural and religious issues in Ethiopia and the surprise is according to their constitution any disaffected group can leave and peacefully secede!
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by samsobo24(m): 9:38am On Dec 11, 2018
rvp20183:
Abuja is out of Nigeria world. But it has nothing on Nairobi or Kenya.

Nairobi is world class - when it come to greenery.

We have I think 3 forests, 1 National park, several zoos, Arboretum, parks and dams - and whole shebang.

so you don't know Abuja is ranked greener than Nairobi.

Abuja serenity, greenery,aesthetics is miles ahead

Have you seen Ibadans Agodi parks and garden
PH's best park etc.

I am even using other cities for your shitty Nairobi

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by PROVERBZ(m): 9:38am On Dec 11, 2018
Eko Atlantic are having an ask me any question on instagram right now

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:40am On Dec 11, 2018
Indeed Kenya tribalism is benign compared to them. It something that arise in election - otherwise kenyans dine, marry, live and work together. For Ethiopea - it like you've got Indian type caste systems. It like Rwanda-Burundi - Tutsi/Hutu - even inter-marriage is so hard. Yes constitution say you can leave..but Somalis have been trying to leave without much luck. I think Tigrays will eventually live and create another small Eritrea. And so will Somalis. The Oromos & Amharamas can sort of agree to disagree. They clearly don't care about the nilotic south - or the so called Southern Nations.
kikuyu1:
Its not just Tigrays;its everyone! Every ethnic group has an ancient grievance with another one:a Nilotic Anuak from the South told me they're regularly referred to as baria (slave) by Tigrayans and Amharas . Also in 2004 or 2003,IIRC, the ruling TPLF killed at least 400 Anuak when they protested the seizure of their farmland.
Among Oromos,Boranas and Gabbras have issues relating to cattle and land that frequently lead to gunshots. At the bottom are the Southerners like Anuaks,Amarkoke,Shangilas and Dassenach. There are deep racial,linguistic,cultural and religious issues in Ethiopia and the surprise is according to their constitution any disaffected group can leave and peacefully secede!

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 9:41am On Dec 11, 2018
Binikingdowm:
I didn't even know what Kenya is still I saw registered on nairaland and saw this topic.

Like I said before 98% of Nigerians don't know what Kenya is and 90% of them don't care to know

.....and you immediately became addicted to it. See? No one can avoid Kenya. grin

If 98% of Nigerians don't know Kenya then it's definitely because your education system is shitty. Do you study Geography? At class 8, Kenyan students already know all African countries. grin

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:41am On Dec 11, 2018
Ranked by who. Simply not possible. Nairobi is the Green City in The Sun.

2) Karura forest Nairobi

samsobo24:
so you don't know Abuja is ranked greener than Nairobi.

Abuja serenity, greenery,aesthetics is miles ahead
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by forgiveness: 9:45am On Dec 11, 2018
68816419:

hahaha do u still take this guys serious?, do you even know that the original master plans has not been released by British colonial Masters?
Read this article and tell me if black Kenyans have right to be proud of any thing?

https://www.nation.co.ke/lifestyle/dn2/Poor-planning-has-only-played-up-the-city-disadvantage/957860-2744048-ewp53d/index.html

Chai! Nairobi metamorphosed from a train station to town and now a city. grin

The city was built anyhow without planning yet the lying mofo wants me to believe Singapore copied Nairobi's British master plan. Bhuhahahaha! grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Kazikazi: 9:50am On Dec 11, 2018
rvp20183:
Congo has all the raw materials but you know the story. Yes TZ has incredible natural resources but you've mismanaged it. Cement companies are all making closes if they haven't completely shut down. Dangote announced huge loses from it's TZ subsidiary because they had to ran generator..your low quality coal is expensive and the power is not enough.Kenya's ARM are going bankrupt.

You talk about cement like we don't have one. We have always had bigger, homegrown & competitive cement industry - and our companies are in your country & Uganda. That is why Dangote is yet to find entry. Go slow on projections!

As for consumption - again let get some data - not projections. Kenya 2016 was 6.7M - 2017 -6.5M - this year is not yet over.

Get me Tanzania cement consumption for the last 2yrs.

Its so hard talking technical stuffs with a guy who studied arts at school.But anyway,that is Kenyan education..too theoretical.

Tell me why do you say Tz coal is low quality? Do you have a scientific proof?

Can you compare a war zone nation like DRC with peaceful Tanzania? Are these international cement companies that foolish to choose investing billions in Tz?
FYI,Dangote had contractual problems with authorities. They had to iron out the issue.Since then he have been using gas.
Which company have closed shop in Tz except your small company.I repeat ARM is too small for Tz,it can succeed in Rwanda but not in these waters of many big fishes in Tz.That's the painful truth to you.

I gave you the amount of slabs produced in a day for our SGR.Do the math.1080 slabs daily.Each slab weighs 300 kgs, each slab uses 50 KGS of cement.Do the math for a year.

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:53am On Dec 11, 2018
Nairobi is encircled with expansive forests and parks.Karura forest on the North. Ngong/Karen forests to the west. Nairobi national park to the South. That basically separate Nairobi city from Nairobi Metro.

Karura.

Nairobi National Park

Ngong forest
[img]https://ithedon.files./2017/03/wp-1489116175537.jpg[/img]

Nairobi Arboterum forest

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by genieluv(f): 9:54am On Dec 11, 2018
kikuyu1:

True,but having been to both Rwanda and Uganda several times I can say Kikuyus,Masaais and to a certain extent Kambas,but for the eyes are indistinguishable from Rwandese. One Tutsi lady thought I was her dead brother in Kampala 2002!!

Yeah. Kenyans seem to have a very wide range of facial expressions. There is really no stereotypical Kenyan look.
>>> Many Nigerians unfortunately use the Masais and the Kalenjin marathon runners only to judge Kenyans' looks cos that is what they mostly see on TV about Kenya. I used to fall in this category in the past embarassed .

**** I have observed that many Kenyans (Bantus and not even Kenyan Somalis) and Rwandans look cushitic like Horn Africans. Many other Kenyans look South Sudanese, many others can pass for Southern Nigerians.

But it seems like Rwandans have a very similar culture, accent and lifestyle with mainstream Bantu Kenya right?

•••• On Trace Mziki (the only channel on DStv that shows mostly east African music), I sometimes find it hard to distinguish which countries which musicians came from.
Take for instance, this song below, I always thought these ladies were Kenyan until yesterday!
Pls can you tell me what language is being sung here?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VPm78zRlPc

And this lady, I though she was Tanzanian, only to discover that she is also Rwandan. Is the language she's singing in also Swahili or Kinyarwanda?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbhVk1_TWTs

~~~~~ I never thought Rwandan or Burundian songs were shown there too, I always thought it was Kenyan, Tanzanian or Ugandan cos obviously Rwandans speak french. How wrong was I, it seems like Rwandans now speak English a lot as of late right?

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by samsobo24(m): 9:56am On Dec 11, 2018
rvp20183:

2) Karura forest Nairobi

so you don't know that ABJ was created to a be a green city. Every aerial pictures of the city carries forests, vegetations, aesthetics etc

Everywhere in ABJ has a spice of aesthetics and trees. Its in the ABJ master plan dictates that it is compulsory to create room for aesthetics in your building plan.

Check ABJ and see if there is any pic of the city without an encouraging greenery.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by samsobo24(m): 9:57am On Dec 11, 2018
rvp20183:

2) Karura forest Nairobi

so you don't know that ABJ was created to a be a green city. Every aerial pictures of the city carries forests, vegetations, aesthetics etc

Everywhere in ABJ has a spice of aesthetics and trees. The ABJ master plan dictates that it is compulsory to create room for aesthetics in your building plan.

Check ABJ and see if there is any pic of the city without an encouraging greenery.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by PROVERBZ(m): 9:57am On Dec 11, 2018
genieluv:

Yeah. Kenyans seem to have a very wide range of facial expressions. There is really no stereotypical Kenyan look.
>>> Many Nigerians unfortunately use the Masais and the Kalenjin marathon runners only to judge Kenyans' looks cos that is what they mostly see on TV about Kenya. I used to fall in this category in the past embarassed .

**** I have observed that many Kenyans (Bantus and not even Kenyan Somalis) and Rwandans look cushitic like Horn Africans. Many other Kenyans look South Sudanese, many others can pass for Southern Nigerians.

But it seems like Rwandans have a very similar culture, accent and lifestyle with mainstream Bantu Kenya right?

•••• On Trace Mziki (the only channel on DStv that shows mostly east African music), I sometimes find it hard to distinguish which countries which musicians came from.
Take for instance, this song below, I always thought these ladies were Kenyan until yesterday!
Pls can you tell me what language is being sung here?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VPm78zRlPc

And this lady, I though she was Tanzanian, only to discover that she is also Rwandan. Is the language she's singing in also Swahili or Kinyarwanda?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbhVk1_TWTs

~~~~~ I never thought Rwandan or Burundian songs were shown there too, I always thought it was Kenyan, Tanzanian or Ugandan cos obviously Rwandans speak french. How wrong was I, it seems like Rwandans now speak English a lot as of late right?
I think its English and Swahili Burundi is Swahili and French

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:59am On Dec 11, 2018
Plans. But the pictures I have seen of Abuja - esp the houses - I see the same concrete monstrosity. Let pictures speak my friend. Nairobi was always a planned city. I know Nigeria you only have one plan city - you had to built from the scratch - but Nairobi is miles ahead.

Nairobi is not called the[b] GREEN CITY IN THE SUN [/b] for nothing.

That is Karen.

Nairobi in 90s - see the green city - with trees and green spaces everywhere.

samsobo24:

Everywhere in ABJ has a spice of aesthetics and trees. Its in the ABJ master plan dictates that it is compulsory to create room for aesthetics in your building plan.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by bantudra: 10:03am On Dec 11, 2018
genieluv:

No they don't. But they look similar.
>>>> Tigrays look quite different from Oromos and Aamharas look different from Omotic speakers and etc.

I can manage to tell them apart smiley

i cant....i realy didnt had that much contact with all ethiopians,somalians,or others....i cant tell....

and do you think its a good idea to be splintterin and splinterin....??...relationships dont improve,they even get worser because you will distance from each other even more....

i think its better to life toghether through better or worse....

(1) (2) (3) ... (2626) (2627) (2628) (2629) (2630) (2631) (2632) ... (9933)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.